shape
carat
color
clarity

cushion cut with tapered baguettes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock

Hi, Originally posted this in LIW thread but was told it would be better here!

So I thought it was time I reevaluate my dream ring for now. After reading the responses to my previous post I realized the expectations I had in regards to my situation were way out of whack. So, I have been pricing out some rings and to my surprise I have been able to find some I really love for about half of the cost. I am looking at about 1.05-1.13 carat H colour SI1 very good cut cushion with a white gold or palladium tapered baguette setting. I love it - classic and elegant not over the top and timeless. This estimate I have come up with is about $5,000 (compared to previous one of $10,000-$12,000) I think putting more money into a down payment for a house and moving out that much sooner is really something that is important to me.

I would also like to thank everyone who posted on my previous thread - it was a real wake up call and I needed to hear the things people said. I think some of the things really made me realize important life lessons. Some things may have been harsh and I couldn''t use all of the advise, but the underlying point of all the posts made me put my expectations and priorities back in place.

I would love it if anyone who was a ring similar to this would post hand shots so I can see what it looks like on, and not just in a drawing. Also comments on the new idea are appreciated, maybe its your style maybe its not, but I would love to know what you all think.

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/21/2008 2:52:08 PM
Author:dreaming of the day

Hi, Originally posted this in LIW thread but was told it would be better here!

So I thought it was time I reevaluate my dream ring for now. After reading the responses to my previous post I realized the expectations I had in regards to my situation were way out of whack. So, I have been pricing out some rings and to my surprise I have been able to find some I really love for about half of the cost. I am looking at about 1.05-1.13 carat H colour SI1 very good cut cushion with a white gold or palladium tapered baguette setting. I love it - classic and elegant not over the top and timeless. This estimate I have come up with is about $5,000 (compared to previous one of $10,000-$12,000) I think putting more money into a down payment for a house and moving out that much sooner is really something that is important to me.

I would also like to thank everyone who posted on my previous thread - it was a real wake up call and I needed to hear the things people said. I think some of the things really made me realize important life lessons. Some things may have been harsh and I couldn''t use all of the advise, but the underlying point of all the posts made me put my expectations and priorities back in place.

I would love it if anyone who was a ring similar to this would post hand shots so I can see what it looks like on, and not just in a drawing. Also comments on the new idea are appreciated, maybe its your style maybe its not, but I would love to know what you all think.

DOTD, unfortunately, while I don''t have any examples or suggestions to offer you, I did want to pop in and say hello. Thank you for you being so open to the feedback you received. Your honestly and self-appraisal is very humbling.

Enough of that, this is SMTR, let''s see some bling. Proceed with the festivities!!
wobble2.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock

Mine is not a cushion cut, but i think it is close to what you are looking for. this is my gma''s old wedding set.

Also, white flash and mark miller have very similar styles as well.
here are a couple shots and also with a band.

jjIMG_1131.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results