shape
carat
color
clarity

My ering!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

navrn

Rough_Rock
Been a lurker for awhile so I thought I''d finally post mine! :)

We''re planning on resetting it soon though, it was custom made and neither of us are happy with how overbearing the prongs are. They just seem to take away from the beautiful stone he hand-picked. I''m torn between settings though, maybe y''all can help me out? :)

497044974_d7a814aff9_b.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
So pretty navrn! It looks lovely on your pretty hands.
Do you have any specs on the stone?

I''m sure we would love to help you decide on a setting if you''re not happy with this one.
Can you post pics of the ones you are deciding between?

1.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement and welcome to Pricescope.

Can you post a few more photos close up? (use the "macro" mode on your camera: the little flower icon).

I''d love to see more!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty ring!

Have you considered asking the jeweler to shave the prongs down? Just a thought, if you really like the setting.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement! I agree with Ellen, have you considered just having the prongs shaved down? Or are you unhappy with other elements as well?

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! The ring looks pretty on your hand but I can''t really comment much more without a photo that shows detail -- you know we require MORE photos and close-ups from all angles, and info on the stats and where you had the setting made! It''s all about the details!!!

navrn

Rough_Rock
My apologies, everyone! I realize I''m slacking in my duties as a good PSer. :) I''m working on getting some good pictures up for you all of my diamond.

On the new settings issue, I''m happy to hear some pro opinions! I''m so torn between

Ritani''s Endless Love like sslkrissi''s

Tacori 2620. There are some amazing pictures of this setting that tracylovesdiamonds has, though my stone is only 1.33 ct.

and this Tiffany-inspired Bead Solitaire

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely ering, congrats!!!
36.gif

Gemma12

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your engagement! The photo you posted is pretty but I can''t tell much about the prongs. I love the Ritani endless love, so my vote is for that if you do decide to change.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is very pretty, congratulations! I would like to second the suggestion of asking the jeweler to shave down the prongs, or add a whole new head completely. Unless you want a new setting, then I think that both choices you posted are gorgeous!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My suggestion is to have your jeweler shave down the prongs ASAP - I think the result will be beautiful; then really take your time thinking if and what you might want for a reset, but still wearing a ring you love along the way - best of luck - pretty!

navrn

Rough_Rock
Ok here goes...

My stone is a 1.3 ct H VS2 Ideal, ring size 6.75.

The jeweler alteration isn''t much of an option unfortunately. I live in a different city now from the independent jeweler that built it.

2667014742_775f6eed47_m.jpg

navrn

Rough_Rock
Side

2666193369_79728238cc_m.jpg

navrn

Rough_Rock
Prongs

2666195651_877aed58b0_m.jpg

navrn

Rough_Rock
Some color :)

2666249231_26eb30603f.jpg

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Your diamond is gorgeous, but I see what you mean about the prongs they are quite thick and high-set as well. I prefer a more delicate and low-set style myself. Just take your time in deciding on a setting to be sure you get just the right thing -- a stone that large and quality never needs an upgrade!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous diamond. The setting can be changed when you are ready, and you might grow to love it as is. You have a really beautiful diamond to start with! Congratulations!!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement and your ring is actually quite nice, but, I can see why you are struggling with your setting. You mention you are not in love with prongs on your current e-ring and I would suggest you having them shaved down if that was the only reason why you were not 100% happy. However, the shank on your current ring is quite a bit different than examples of PS rings you are considering (which are all quite lovely), so I am not entirely sure that you will be completely happy with your ring if you fix your prongs.

Still though, I would say give it a chance in its current state, just for sentimental reasons, if you are sentimental person.

navrn

Rough_Rock
Michelle - Thank you so much, you''re so kind! :)

Terry - I agree with you on the preference for a more delicate setting.

Omieluv - Thank you, and you have some good points.

The truth of the matter is (and I so hate saying it, makes me sound like a brat!) that the setting wasn''t something I loved from day one. We had gone to the jeweler together before, and I gave my giddy input to his questions. When he proposed it was months later and a wonderful suprise! The ring though had been built differently from what we had originally planned. But he was so excited and proud of his ring, and I was so excited about it all, I never said anything. Don''t get me wrong though, I still love my ring!

I absolutely love my diamond, and will never replace that! I think everyone has the same reaction to big rocks
30.gif
but the size is perfect for me - I''m a nurse in the military. The pictures don''t do it justice too. Most of the sentimentality is the stone - he told me about how he went all over looking at different stones under the scope himself, and hand-picked the stone for me!

Over time we got to chatting about the setting of my ring, we''ve noticed that the white gold has already started to yellow in spots, and he made an observation about the prongs and that started us talking. This July was our anniversary and he told me for my present to pick out a new setting!

I''ve been lurking here for awhile, oggling diamonds, and getting tips for wedding stuff. I''m in no rush to be hasty, so I thought I could get some advice from pros! I hope I don''t sound like a complete ungreatful brat in this.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement, your stone is gorgeous. Hoping you find the setting you love. Take some time, there are so many gorgeous settings out there. Hard to choose I''m sure.

bettina

Rough_Rock
From a fellow lurker: I personally love the ritani style. With more open space and the delicate setting it would probably enhance the center. On the other hand, tiffany style is timeless. Let us know what you pick.

tracylovesdiamonds

Rough_Rock
Hey there! just saw your post and I''m so flattered that you like my ring!! I am in LOVE with it because it is so delicate and adds to the size but didn''t take away from the center stone. In fact compared to my old setting which was a 4prong with channel set diamonds ont eh side it really makes my diamond POP more. You know i was very much in your same situation before and was never really satisfied with my first setting and am SO glad we got a new one. But yours is soo pretty! But I do see what you mean about the prongs-if htat was fixed would you be happy with it? If not, then perhaps you could get a new setting.. Just in my opinion you should be 100% happy with your ring-u''ll be wearing it all the time and looking at it all the time u know?

Anyhow, about the 2620-I love that the pave is so delicate and just adds extra oomph to the diamond. It almost makes it look like a cushion cut from the top!! I just got my ring back today after having it reset slightly lower and will post more pictures as soon as I can..There are some other PSers here wiht the same setting too. Just do a tacori 2620 search and you can see more pictures of it. my pictures weren''t very good compared to other s and really doesn''t show the ring and how pretty the details are! Good luck!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!!! Looks a lot like mine! Except yours is set higher. It''s very lovely!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty ring. Congratulations.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful hands and a beautiful ring. Congratulations on your engagement
36.gif

I''m with Bettina on her choices. I love the Ritani and the Tiffany bead setting.

Although that bling shot of tracys is to die for. I would love any one of them.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and congrats!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
First off, all 3 settings you have identified are lovely! The WF Beadset setting reminds me of what you have now, only much better. It seems to be set low and its pongs seem to be more refined. Tacori and Ritani styles are more on the delicate side of the spectrum. What you need to do is take into account how each setting will fit into your lifestyle, if you plan on wearing your e-ring on a daily basis.

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
I personally would not do anything to the ring. I like the high setting. It really shows off the beautiful diamond.

navrn

Rough_Rock
I found a jeweler that had the Tacori and Ritani settings in stock and tried them on! Sadly, the Ritani though gorgeous every time I''ve seen it here - just doesn''t look right on my big hands/long fingers and is just underwhelming.

The Tacori 2620 looks beautiful with a thicker band - still delicate but suits my hand better. I still haven''t gotten to see what the Tiffany Bead Solitaire looks like though, so I''m still torn between the two. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results