shape
carat
color
clarity

What would you do with this setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

alicej

Rough_Rock
Now that I have my new rings, I have my old setting that could be reset with something else. It is platinum and weighs a lot, so scrapping it for the metal is one possibility. Before I do that I want to explore some other possibilities. The jeweler who designed it said he could take the center head out and put something else in place of it, using prongs or any type of bezel. The middle stone could be an oval or other shape, too, and could be bigger than the opeining is now. Originally my diamond sat in the middle, and the trillions are sapphires. The sapphires have never really shown much life, and now without the diamond in there they just look ok. So they could become a pair of earrings or something if I wanted something else in their place. I''m looking to spend somewhere around $1500 or less for this, so diamonds are probably not going to work in the budget...but anything else is a possibility.

Any ideas out there??

I''ll post some more photos following this post.

PS: Thanks for all of your lovely comments about my new Christopher Designs setting.

IMG_2104-1.jpg

alicej

Rough_Rock
More views

IMG_2100-1.jpg

alicej

Rough_Rock
another angle

IMG_2101-1.jpg

alicej

Rough_Rock
and another look

IMG_2102-1.jpg

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Are they blue sapphires? How about an asscher cut silver or white sapphire?

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Are they blue sapphires? How about an asscher cut silver or white sapphire in a bezel (to match the side stone bezels)? I think that with a sapphire in the center, you won''t think the side stones look as lifeless (since the performance of all 3 will be the same). I love to see blue sapphires with white diamonds on other people, but when I had a band of alternating stones myself, the "lifeless" sapphires drove me nuts and I stopped wearing it. It''s not that sapphires are lifeless, they just perform differently than diamonds (less scintillation and more smoldering fire).

alicej

Rough_Rock
Thanks Rxtech; that''s a great idea. I never thought about why the sapphires didn''t show off very well. They are blue, and I always thought perhaps the bezel setting was one reason why they didn''t show up as I had hoped they would, since the light couldn''t really get to the sides of the stones. Maybe a trio of sapphires would be better.

K9

Brilliant_Rock
You could maybe put a lighter blue sapphire in the middle - like a cornflower blue one? That might help show off the darker ones a bit with the contrast?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results