shape
carat
color
clarity

Potential cushion cut ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bananaboat13

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I have been lurking here for a while. I have learned alot. Thank you all for such great info. I, unlike many of you out there prefer a smaller diamond, and I have found a small .3 carat Tiffany legacy that I absolutely love. I just don''t know how to evaluate cut. I wanted to give you the specs to see if it is as good as it appears to me.

cut Modified Brilliant
measurements 3.80x3.79x2.47mm
color F
Flourescence None
presciscion of cut Excellent
symmetry Good
Polish Very good
Clarity grade VS1
Total depth 65.2%
Table size 65%
crown height 10.8%
crown angle 33.6
pavilion depth 52.8%
Pavilion angle 58.0
girdle thin to slightly thick
girdle finish faceted
culet none

Please let me know what you all think... I am very thankful for any input i get.

Take care,
Anna
1.gif

customcushion

Shiny_Rock
Anna, is this actually a Tiffany ? If someone has told that to you, then I''m not sure the diamond would be labelled a "Modified Brilliant" on the cert. They use a proprietary step cut stone.

What lab does the certificate or statistics come from ? I.E. GIA, EGL-Israel etc.

I just wrapped up my own Cushion search - we built a ring similar to the legacy by Tiffany (you can see it here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/our-cushion-brilliant-prong-set-in-platinum-halo.88812/ ) and here is what I learnt about Cushions:

All different stats can look beautiful - you need to see them to evaluate

Decide if you want a more square or rectangular Cushion. Our Cushion has a l:w ratio of 1.13, which I find beautiful

Cushion Brilliants *tend* to be more desireable than modified brilliants, but I''ve seen some nice modified brilliants.

bananaboat13

Rough_Rock
This is definitely a Tiffany''s ring. I tried it on in Tiffany''s and i got a copy from the store on the specs of the ring. It is titled "Tiffany Gemological Laboratory Report" It lists shape: Cushion, and cut: Modified Brilliant. I am still new at all of this, so I don''t totally understand what modified brilliant is... is that their patented cut? because from what you are saying it doesn''t sound like it is. Anyone else out there, please help me understand! Thank you thank you thank you!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2008 11:45:25 AM
Author: bananaboat13
This is definitely a Tiffany's ring. I tried it on in Tiffany's and i got a copy from the store on the specs of the ring. It is titled 'Tiffany Gemological Laboratory Report' It lists shape: Cushion, and cut: Modified Brilliant. I am still new at all of this, so I don't totally understand what modified brilliant is... is that their patented cut? because from what you are saying it doesn't sound like it is. Anyone else out there, please help me understand! Thank you thank you thank you!

Modified means a lot of things, it just really means that it is a twist on a "traditional" cut usually with more facets...unfortunately, there really is no way to analyze the cut of a fancy cut stone. Pictures/seeing it in person is the best way.

If you were buying from Tiffany's I would say to bring a bunch in in your pricerange and see them next to each other. Then buy the one that speaks to you.

If you are buying secondhand, (which it sounds like you are?), the only consideration is really "Is this a fair price" assuming you LOVE the ring.

bananaboat13

Rough_Rock
I am planning to buy this ring from Tiffany''s. It is priced at $5150 which i feel is not a bad price. The first once I saw was D in color and VVS2, and it was 850 more. The sales rep found this one that i posted the specs on and I compared it to the more expensive, and i could not see any difference. What do you guys think about the price?

customcushion

Shiny_Rock
The Legacy is a stunning ring, in any size. If you love it, go for it. You''ll get more finger coverage than usual for a .3ct stone

b_w_m

Rough_Rock
Bannana Boat, Thank you so much for your help in the other tread that I started. You mentioned that you know of a great sales associate at Tiffany's in the CA bay area. I live in Hayward (east bay) and would love to meet with the associate. Thank you very much for all of your help. Thank you so much! I honestly really do appreciate it from the bottom of my heart! Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results