shape
carat
color
clarity

new heirloom pieces

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
My mother recently passed along to me some pieces of hers and my grandmothers''.

The items are:

a diamond tennis bracelet in yellow gold, belonged to maternal grandmother

a 14k yellow gold and diamond Omega watch, belonged to maternal grandmother

a 14k diamond and sapphire ring, belonged to paternal grandmother

The tennis bracelet is just over 7 inches with 48 diamonds. I estimate that they are at least 0.12s, so I''m thinking it''s 6 carats give or take a carat. I have small wrists and it''s way too big. I can remove it without unclasping it. I''m thinking I''ll need to have it shortened. Perhaps the excess diamonds can be used to make earrings or some kind of dangle drop from my studs.

The watch was my grandmother''s 50th wedding anniversary present, and she liked nice jewelry, so I assume it''s a nice piece with real diamonds but I don''t know for sure.

The ring is not the best workmanship I''ve seen. The diamonds are noticeably different in size, and they have pretty bad fish eyes and/or are some kind of older cut. The prongs seem to zig zag here and there. They are smaller than my 0.36 each studs (with big spreads -- 4.7 mm each), but not by much, so they''re approximately 1/3 carat each. Also, they sit super high compared to my X prong.

I am very happy to have these pieces as my grandmothers died when I was 8 and 12. Somehow, I received all the passion for jewelry, and my mother and sister got none, so they have been nice enough to let me get the lioness'' share of the heirlooms, which includes my engagement diamond.

I plan to wear the bracelet a lot. It won''t fall off unless I wriggle out of it, and it''s so pretty!

OK, here are some pics:

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Here's the bracelet. As you can see, it's more than a bit big.

abitbig623.jpg

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
It looks pretty with my studs. Keep in mind they are 0.36's, 4.63-4.7mm. Does that help anyone guess the size of the stones in the bracelet?

braceletandstuds623.jpg

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
It looks really really pretty with my studs and pendant (0.52). Sigh. I still get so much joy out of looking at my studs and pendant.

studspendantbracelet623.jpg

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I don''t want my wedding set to feel left out. My engagement diamond (1.14) is also an heirloom from my maternal grandmother. My band is five stones, 0.35 ctw.

braceletandweddingset623.jpg

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the new sapphire and diamond ring. Despite my critique, it is special to me as it''s the only piece of my paternal grandmother that I have. She ignited my love of diamonds when I was 5 and she gave me a garnet ring, which unfortunately I lost. The last place I remember seeing it was in a box full of bouncy balls, which seemed like a good place to keep it when I was little.

sapphirering62308.jpg

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
sapphire ring with my wedding set

saphandwedset623.jpg

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the watch, obviously not in its original box.

watchjune2308.jpg

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
And here are the new watch and bracelet together. Bling bling. Both too big, as you can see.

The end!

watchandbracelet623.jpg

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, love them all! You're one lucky lady to have such beautiful and sentimental pieces.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
What treasures from you grandmother. Beautiful collection!!!
30.gif

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful collection and it wonderful to have things to remember from your Grandmother.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Wow what a beautiful collection! It''s so sweet that you have them to remember your grandmother.
1.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Stunning...everyone of the pieces!What brand is the watch?It looks like Karat gold...the stamp should be on the case back.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
I see that its an omega.The stamp will be on the case back or on the bracelet or both.The diamonds will be genuine as omega only uses diamonds in their watches.

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
You are so lucky to have such beautiful heirlooom jewelry pieces from your family. Thank you for sharing them with us.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely collection you received and how nice to have them to enjoy. I would guess the bracelet is at least 6 carats too. I was checking out a 5 carat recently and it looks bigger than that one did.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are beautiful pieces, all of them! Wear them in good health always!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your new pretties, aren't heirlooms just the best?! And I like the idea of doing dangly earrings or drops for your studs with the leftover stones from the bracelet. Perfect!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh how lucky you are to have received such treasures from your grandmothers. They are all beautiful!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results