shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your favorite solitaire setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 8:17:58 PM
Author: kimikocat
Date: 6/3/2008 4:38:08 PM

Author: old-fashioned girl

Date: 6/2/2008 5:07:13 PM

Author: Love in Bloom

Date: 6/2/2008 4:58:56 PM

Author: nebe

Date: 6/2/2008 4:31:06 PM

Author: Love in Bloom

I''m not usually a plain solitaire gal, but the lines on this one make me melt ...
4.gif

VanCraeynest_445-p-4BHead.jpg

LIB, where EVER did you find that? I loooove it! Any other views?!

The company emailed it to me when I was looking at settings for my Umba garnet. I didn''t even think that maybe I shouldn''t have posted it [
6.gif
] because I have never seen this picture anywhere else (and believe me, if it''s VC and it exists on the web, I would probably have seen it...
3.gif
). Sadly I don''t have any other views of this solitaire setting
7.gif

Hey, they shouldn''t mind as it might give them more business! I would love to see other views of that, and try it on. Gotta put my e-diamond back in a YG solitaire, and planning to use the one I have, but it''d be sure interesting to try that on. Although I don''t think I''d want YG prongs...

Larry has a similar solitaire design that features little tiny flowers down the side, like fragile garlands. Just gorgeous.

do you happen to have a pic kimiko? inquiring minds etc...
31.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 9:21:56 PM
Author: lovely
You guys are a great help! I like all of the rings you''ve posted. I think I''m still leaning towards the Legato Sleek from WF. There is something about the basket (i hope that''s what it''s called) of that one that I find so pretty.

I''m actually surprised no one else mentioned the Legato Sleek Line already, except your original post and this one. It is hands-down my favorite solitaire setting (well, aside from my own custom setting, but that was for a princess). Very nice choice!

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
I like cathedral settings. I think they make the diamond "pop"

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
looove the vatche royal crown!

Isabelle

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I have to say that I LOVE the WF W-Prong. (Since I chose this one for my own ring)
35.gif

You can see it here:

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Solitaire/-W-Prong--Solitaire-by-WF_741.htm#

legatogirl

Rough_Rock
This is my first post here but I just wanted to add that I recently recieved the legato sleekline setting as a ten-year anniversary upgrade and it is BEAUTIFUL! I received it with a princess-cut but I think a round-cut would be gorgeous as well.

joyfulbarry

Rough_Rock
Does cathedral setting mean that the diamond sits high?

legatogirl - thanks for posting! How exciting about your new ring - I would love to see pictures!!!

legatogirl

Rough_Rock
Thanks! Now that I finally have it I am dying to get a new digital camera b/c ours is ancient and I cannot get any shots worth posting. As soon as I do though I will be sure to post for all those considering the setting-or for anyone considering an ACA Princess which is also magnificent! Good luck with your search!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Vatche X-Prong, my first love after seeing Ellen''s.
Leon Mege that Harriet and DiamondSeeker have.
And last but not least, the Sholdt semi-bezel (because i have it :D) since I love modern, sleek lines.

pamplemousse

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 2:15:51 PM
Author: kcoursolle
I love soprano87''s, it is so stunning!! The basket is probably my favorite of all time.

I second that emotion. Before we settled on a pave setting I came thiiiiis close to asking Leon for a quote on a similar setting for an oval sapphire. I''m a super sucker for four-prong settings.. I love the way they square off rounds a bit and I love the way they accentuate the squareness of cushions. Mmmmm yummay.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2008 4:20:15 PM
Author: Harriet
Gwendolyn,

If the picture is from his website, then it is not of my ring). At any rate, no worries whatsoever. :)
Hmm, the picture that Miranda posted of your ring is exactly the same as the one I posted (there's a smidge of blue near the center and a smidge of orange near the top-right prong in both pictures), so I think I must have mis-labeled my pictures! I know you said no worries, but I am really sorry and will fix my file on my computer so I can give you due credit if/when I refer to your ring in the future. Sorry!!

ETA: Fixed.
12.gif

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
Angeline--I wish I had a photo! The day that I visited the Van Craeynest studio, I was so excited, I never took my camera out! Maybe if I run a search I will be able to find it, but I''ve never seen it online. It only exists, apparently, in a sample case in San Francisco.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2008 1:50:32 AM
Author: kimikocat
Angeline--I wish I had a photo! The day that I visited the Van Craeynest studio, I was so excited, I never took my camera out! Maybe if I run a search I will be able to find it, but I've never seen it online. It only exists, apparently, in a sample case in San Francisco.
Kimikocat, I wanna know how it looks too!! We should totally go visit VC together
30.gif
. It's fun to poke around the factory with a camera...gosh I wish I lived in CA
24.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 4:17:25 PM
Author: gwendolyn

Gwendolyn,

If the picture is from his website, then it is not of my ring). At any rate, no worries whatsoever. :)
Hmm, the picture that Miranda posted of your ring is exactly the same as the one I posted (there''s a smidge of blue near the center and a smidge of orange near the top-right prong in both pictures), so I think I must have mis-labeled my pictures! I know you said no worries, but I am really sorry and will fix my file on my computer so I can give you due credit if/when I refer to your ring in the future. Sorry!!

12.gif
I always thought this was Harriets'' as well?
33.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2008 9:01:20 AM
Author: arjunajane
Date: 6/4/2008 4:17:25 PM

Author: gwendolyn

Gwendolyn,

Hmm, the picture that Miranda posted of your ring is exactly the same as the one I posted (there''s a smidge of blue near the center and a smidge of orange near the top-right prong in both pictures), so I think I must have mis-labeled my pictures! I know you said no worries, but I am really sorry and will fix my file on my computer so I can give you due credit if/when I refer to your ring in the future. Sorry!!

12.gif

I always thought this was Harriets'' as well?
33.gif
Wait, I''m confused again. You thought the picture I posted was Harriet''s? I think it was too, now--I thought I had pulled it off of LM''s website (therefore not labeling it as belonging to anyone on PS), but it exactly matches the picture Miranda posted of Harriet''s ring, so I am guessing I was mistaken and that I didn''t pull that photo off LM''s site but got it here instead and didn''t label it properly. Or, Harriet''s ring has been on LM''s website (I don''t see it there now though) and I pulled it off his website not knowing it was hers.

What a mess. I''m sorry!
39.gif
37.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results