shape
carat
color
clarity

SanDiegoLady - New Department 56

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Have you seen them yet? I''m gonna see if it''s in the budget for me to get anything.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What? Seen what Dept. 56??? I wish you would elaborate, Mr. Penn!!!!!!! LOL!
2.gif
3.gif

ETA: wait, does it involve police things? I am trying to remember SDL's preferences in Dept. 56. Hee hee. If it is police related things, I'm out. But on the off chance that there are more new things...I'm in!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/17/2008 4:38:30 AM
Author: monarch64
2.gif
3.gif

ETA: wait, does it involve police things? I am trying to remember SDL''s preferences in Dept. 56. Hee hee. If it is police related things, I''m out. But on the off chance that there are more new things...I''m in!

I really needed that laugh.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/17/2008 3:21:26 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 5/17/2008 1:23:44 PM

Author: pennquaker09

Date: 5/17/2008 4:38:30 AM

Author: monarch64

2.gif
3.gif

ETA: wait, does it involve police things? I am trying to remember SDL''s preferences in Dept. 56. Hee hee. If it is police related things, I''m out. But on the off chance that there are more new things...I''m in!

I really needed that laugh.

No.. we have LOTS of police schtuff now, I need to build the rest of the city :) Stinker!!

Okay, I remember that you interviewed for a dispatch position or something related, but that''s all I know. Do you come from a law enforcement family?

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I was curious and googled. Collectibles website, right??!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did someone say Dept 56?

cmsfallvillage.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hee hee, Catmom, WOW!!! Great collection!

My friend just gave me another Dept. 56 Wizard of Oz figurine yesterday for my bday...there is a gift shop about 6 blocks from our house that carries a lot of the collections. I have never been in the shop because I know I will lust after all of it and I can''t afford it right now!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hee Hee, that''s just the fall village...............

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2008 10:39:39 PM
Author: Catmom
Ha, I figured that, knowing that you love to collect Christmas ornaments, you would have quite the collection of everything else! Feel free to post all your other D56!

My SIL has been giving DH D56 Wrigley Field items for christmas every year for the past decade, he has quite a few but we haven''t gotten around to setting up the "village" yet...we need a larger house to display all of my stuff as well as his now!

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I was having a hard time finding the pieces that I want. I bought 2 from ebay with bad results. They were delivered broken. I''m really trying not to buy anything right now. Maybe after we settle into Jersey. I''ll have to see where I can shop for Department 56 there.

Catmom, that''s beautiful! I don''t really know how I would display a collection that extensive.

SDL, that''s what I was thinking. I wasn''t quite sure. He must be the best looking cop ever.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2008 12:57:03 AM

Date: 5/18/2008 11:51:03 PM
Author: pennquaker09
I was having a hard time finding the pieces that I want. I bought 2 from ebay with bad results. They were delivered broken. I''m really trying not to buy anything right now. Maybe after we settle into Jersey. I''ll have to see where I can shop for Department 56 there.

Catmom, that''s beautiful! I don''t really know how I would display a collection that extensive.

SDL, that''s what I was thinking. I wasn''t quite sure. He must be the best looking cop ever.
I love my guy, for sure.
31.gif
I think they''re one of the best looking couple on PS, who have posted pics!
2.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2008 12:55:26 AM

I think I need to come over to view it properly..
9.gif
snicker.gif
Come on over!!!!!!!!

Monnie, this pic is just for you!!

cmsvillagewrigl.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s the xmas version.........did I say I love dept 56?

cmsxmasvillage.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Catmom I want to live in your Christmas village.
30.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Nate would have a heart attack . . .

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2008 9:09:38 AM

Date: 5/19/2008 12:55:26 AM

I think I need to come over to view it properly..
9.gif
snicker.gif
Come on over!!!!!!!!

Monnie, this pic is just for you!!
That''s awesome!!!!!
36.gif
I have to show these pics to DH so he "gets" how it is supposed to look. Thanks Michelle!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww, thanks SDL! This will be a tough year village wise for me. My FIL was also a village fanatic and every year we would have "village wars" to see who could come up with something new and exciting for our villages. Lot''s of espionage and hush-hush action but tons of fun. I''m so going to miss him!
7.gif

bensbride

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Dept 56! My parents started giving villages to my sisters and me as Christmas gifts when we got too old for toys. Being the youngest girl, I have the most pieces! My oldest sister has New England Village or something like that. My middle sister has Dickens. I have North Pole. I eventually had to suggest that the village was too large for any reasonable mantle or bookshelf and that maybe we should leave it at the size it is...which is huge. I love it, though. It looks so beautiful at Christmas! So far I have the whole first edition set and haven''t needed too many replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results