shape
carat
color
clarity

Found the suit! Opinions on this bag?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Update on the suit saga...

So, I traded in the turquoise shirt for its white counterpart. I am 99% sure I will just go ahead and wear that tomorrow, but I also had an invisible snap put in at the gappy part of my white oxford shirt. That shirt still has a bit of a plunging neckline, so I''ll probably stick with the white top (especially since I''d have to tuck in the oxford and not the top).

Thanks to all of you for your help and good wishes! Rainydaze and Miscka, I''m a bit slow in getting back to you but I really appreciate your compliments on the bag and advice about my interview ensemble. I''ve carried the bag around a bit this week to give it a try and I''ve gotten some nice comments from co-workers, too. I agree that the white will work better, and I hope that you ladies think that this top is a good match for the outfit.

Now, on to the actual interview!
6.gif

P.S. I just stole that picture of the top from Banana, since FI isn''t around to do camera duty until later. You''ll just have to imagine how it might look with the suit, sorry.

P.P.S. I was going to wear a delicate silver necklace, my e-ring, and my two Peretti stacking rings to the interview. I don''t really have any earrings to wear, but I don''t want to overdo things anyway.

bananawhitetop.png

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best of luck to you on your interview, DERS! I had two interviews this past Tuesday and wore a crisp white button down but thought of you as I safety-pinned the slight gap in the bust!

I love the new white shell, it will look perfect with your suit and jewelry, Many good luck wishes coming your way!!
35.gif
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank god you said it was not like the first color, which looked very orange to me.

I like the bag, I see it almost as a tote/case sort of bag. The bag will be nice with a blazer and jeans too.

I agree with Freke that I am not loving the shade of blue with it. I love each alone, but not so much together.

Pointy toes I will always love, but am loving round toes lately too. Those you posted are sweet but not power suit looking to me.

A white blouse would be great!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck with your interview tomorrow!!I think you''ll look great!

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Yay! Thanks Monarch, DF, and Freke! I''ll check in after and let you know how it goes today...

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck!!!!!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well? How did it go? I am sure you looked great!!!

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for asking (and all the well wishes also) after my interview! It was quite a saga.

So I got up extra early to use my new ceramic iron and attempt to put on makeup, and it worked out pretty well. I left myself an hour to get to the school (which was more than enough time as it turned out) so I stopped into a Starbucks to kill a little time. At this point I should mention that I wore my pointy shoes for the entire journey, although I''d packed my new Ed Hardy sneakers for the rest of the day. So, ouch.

I got to the school and promptly waited on a bench in the office for the next forty minutes. It''s kind of hard to figure out how to look busy without looking bored or impatient while you wait for the interview team to finally show up half an hour late.

The administrative team was really nice but the interview itself was super scripted and formal. The principal asked me questions that had already been typed up without diverting from her script, and everybody else wrote down what I said. It was really awkward, and I felt a bit like I was rambling on and on to a blank wall. So I left without having seen any of the school or the faintest idea how I had done.

I hobbled back to the subway in the rain, and changed my shoes only to find that my pointy pumps had EATEN MY FEET. This did little for my morale.

I went to my grad school job and moaned about everything to my bosses, who cheered me up and encouraged me to write my thank you note right away. I cribbed some lines from Gypsy''s thank you note thread (thanks again, PS!) and sent it off, and...

...they asked me back to do a demo lesson right away!

So I suppose this means I did pretty well after all. My thoroughly bandaged feet and I will hobble back on Friday for the demo, but I''m going to keep sending my resume around so that I can explore all my possible options. At least I know I''ve got an outfit for any other interviews that come up! I''m attaching a rather unflattering photo of the final ensemble - I wouldn''t stand still long enough for FI to take more than one, I was so anxious to get going.

Now to figure out what to wear for the demo on Friday...haha!

Interview-Girl.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You looked great, DERS! Sorry about your feet, I hope they heal up fast. Your story is hilarious to read, I was laughing all the way through. Good luck, and I''m sure you will get the position!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results