shape
carat
color
clarity

Coach - 20% off at Macy''s/Pricematch at Coach!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i just thought i would pass this along to any of you who might be fans of Coach - right now Macy's is offering their 20% off friends & family discount, which you can actually use towards Coach purchases! The sale runs today until may 5th. you don't have to use a Macy's charge card (so far as i know, and i read the fine print) to get the discount.

i went into the official Coach store to check out a color Macy's didn't have, and discovered they will pricematch the 20% sale so long as Macy's offers the same item/same color. i ended up purchasing from the Coach store, and sure enough they took the 20% off. yippee!

stryeyes102

Shiny_Rock
OMG!!!

Ive been wanting the madeline since it came out but havent wanted to spend that much.. Poor college student. But oh wow, i think i might be shopping soon!

Thank you for the heads up!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
YAY!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
9.gif
you''re welcome!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is that a coupon or just something they have at the store?

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
WAIT WAIT!
I don't quite understand. What do you have to do to get this discount? Where do I get it from? I myself want to purchase the madeline tote! I have always loved it and was planning on possibly purchasing it THIS weekend. A discount would help a lot. I had even emailed Coach inquiring about a coupon sendout. (They had sent me one in December for 25% off but I was unable to make it to the store in time to use it) They responded and said there will be no sendouts anytime soon.

I just checked online for this coupon and it says excludes Coach. So where do I get the one you are talking about?

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
Check out the purse forum, I''m sure they''ll have codes and all the info. you will need regarding the sale. Sorry to say it, but that website is sooooo addicting. Happy Shopping

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, where is that at? I have a bit of a purse fetish. Well, it''s good to have something else occupy me besides jewlery lol

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
OMG...you will go nuts..I''m sorry to be an accessory to your future addiction....but, I just ordered a Chanel purse because of this!!!!!ugh!!!(it''s beautiful though)
Just google "the purse forum".
35.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Uh oh! This could be trouble. hahaha!
31.gif
Im very tempted.

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
I''m warning you..I thought this was addicting..you have no CLUE what that website is like.
30.gif

Ok let me tell you...just a little...reference libraries with pics....authentication threads....great deals and steals...anybag from Hermes to Jimmy Choo to LV to ???? You name it, you got it...You get to drool over everything and everyones bag obsession.
31.gif

So chop up your credit cards if you enter....it''s unbelievable,,,,I can''t get off that thing!!!
29.gif

Oh and they have a "curb your consumerism" thread...for people that just spend $$$$ when perhaps they shouldn''t..It''s crazy,,,but oh the bags are in incredible!!
9.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I was just looking and it seems like the girls over there are talking about getting their coupons in the mail. I wonder if what I printed (the link I posted above) is the correct coupon. I never got anything in the mail for Macy''s. They also seem to be talking about how some states have 25% off and I wonder if Colorado Macy''s are even using the 20% off coupon.

Oh Im confused. lol Please help!
40.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
And I have to figure this out soon because my plan was to go on Saturday. I wont be able to go any other day. Im very anxious now that I know there is a discount involved. The only thing holding me back on this bag was its price. (still seriously thinking about purchasing anyway) If I can use a coupon then I know for sure I want it! lol

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium

i got something in the mail from macy''s about the sale, so i am now thinking they only offer it to those who have their charge cards (even though you don''t have to use it to get the 20%) or to "preferred customers". if you enter macy''s coupons into a search engine, you will find a list of sites with codes/coupons for the sale. i did ask at macy''s (at the coach counter) if you could use the 20% off on coach stuff, and they said yes (the coach store also knew about this sale and confirmed it is one of the few times macy''s applies it to their coach inventory).

also, coach isn''t running a sale - i mentioned the macy''s sale at the coach store and they said they would match the 20% price so long as macy''s offered the exact item (if they didn''t, i would have just bought from macy''s and they would have lost the sale themselves, so it made sense).

good luck!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
So I wonder if the one I printed online (from the link I posted above) will work or not? It contains a barcode but Im not sure if they would accept it or not.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
you could always call your macy''s and ask if they are honoring it. i do see the one you posted mentions excluding coach; nothing i received excluded coach and i scoured the fine print. i''m not sure why there is a discrepency.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I had found 2 different coupons. One said excluding Coach. But the one I printed actually says excluding Coach on Macys.com. It doesn't say anything about not using it in the Macy's store for Coach. I will have to find out. Thanks for your help!
35.gif
I just hope I could use it!!!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
reading a thread on tpf posters have said that the sa''s have coupons at the registers and will accomodate you. it was mentioned if you get one who will not to simply ask a manager. hth.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep, the SAs have the coupon there at the register. Yesterday, I bought a skirt and the gal rang it up and then scanned the coupon (which I didn't even know existed), then a second purchase w/another SA at the hosiery dept. didn't scan the coupon. I paid cash both times so it doesn't seem to matter if you use your macy's card or not.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Perfect! That is good to know. Thank you ladies! I am extremely grateful to rainydaze for posting this thread. If you hadn't posted this, I would have never known about the 20% off and would have possibly paid full price for the handbag this weekend.
32.gif
I am so excited about tomorrow! YAY! Well, I shouldn't get too excited because I don't know if they will have the one I want. ha! Lets hope so anyway!
36.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi dreamgirl, i''m glad it helped someone out! i''m sorry i didn''t get back with details right away on the sale - i wanted to clarify policy with admin so that i didn''t violate any posting rules.

i hope you will let us know if it all worked out!! hey, what color are you going to get? i was debating between the ergo and the madeline and ended up going for the ergo... but i still have a soft spot for the madeline. i will have to live vicariously through your purchase! so many purses, so little time (and money, which is why i was as excited about the sale as you are!
1.gif
)

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Well, it's a toss up between the classic khaki color, or the white (I LOVE the green scarf on the white bag.) Here is my problem though. I have a Coach Signature purse already in khaki (but it is much smaller.) But then on the other hand, I have a Coach Signature Hobo with a white bottom & handles. I worry that the white would get dirty because I view this purse as something I will take along when I travel. (plan to travel a lot after marriage) I use the other 2 handbags as my "summer" bags but they are both smaller than the Madeline. It would be nice to have a larger handbag for the summer.

I just love how this bag is reminiscent of the Kelly Hermes bag with the cute scarf.
(Dogmom had posted about the same bag. I suggested khaki to her as she wanted to use it year-round. I had already loved this bag but didn't know of the newer colors until she posted!!! That set me over the top lol) Maybe I should start my own thread and ask others their opinions like she did.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
the khaki

khaki1.jpg

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I originally loved the white first.

white2.jpg

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oooo, that's a tough one! i saw those both at macy's and i hadn't seen them before..... i stood there contemplating for a while because they definitely caught my eye! i love the white trim, something about it! but i hear ya on the clean issue. though, i posted a poll that included the white leather ergo and madeline's, and a few responded that their white bags held up well and continued to look good. in the end, i couldn't justify an ALL white bag considering i am just too rough on my bags, but i think i could manage this one as it is not ALL white. that being said, you can't go wrong either way, the natural always works!! can't wait to see what you decide!

ETA: just wanted to add, go for it with the poll. i did one for my decision and it was very helpful.... and fun!
1.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
yeah, I just created one. Thanks! My hobo which has white is just a little dirty on the bottom which doesn't come any more clean. Although, on the bottom of this bag is the signature fabric not the leather with 4 prongs? I dont know what the word is for them. I keep my bags clean and when I don't use them, they are in their little brown bags in the closet so they stay clean. But it is still a little dirty. Im sure nobody else would call it dirty though ha!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results