shape
carat
color
clarity

Local jewelry store going out of business..and..well...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve been very bad lately. This is only one of the rings I bought at a local B&M store who were closing..... It is 18k white with .63 tcw, 78 diamonds in all (of course I counted). The band has diamonds on all 3 sides. I''ll try to get more and better pics later....

The goal is(was?) to get the mounting, and eventually put a yellow cushion in it, but in the meantime, I decided on the amethyst. It is a 6mm checkerboard cushion. I may just have to keep it that way and get another mounting, now that I see it... Darn! I''ll have to get ANOTHER ring.
27.gif

KMR_Purple1.jpg

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy crap!
23.gif
Apologies all: I apparently didn''t get the thing sized down like I thought. Yikes!! I think I''ll wait to post the other one this evening, after I''ve done a bit more ....stuff...to it.

Hope nobody''s eyes bleed out!!!
20.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is a BEAUTIFUL ring!!! More photos, please (although maybe slightly smaller ones?
3.gif
2.gif
)!

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. Very pretty!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
ooo lovely ring!
36.gif
Love to see more photos
30.gif

...off to find a jeweler going out of business!
3.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooooh - pretty! more pics and one on the hand please!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the nice comments!
1.gif
I''ll TRY to get some handshots soon - and some clearer pics in general, BUT 1) I have really ugly hands (especially when next to all the youngsters on here) and 2) well...umm....I''m going to have to sneak around because...um...well...I didn''t actually TELL my FI that I bought it, and well....we just found out we have to have a new roof
23.gif
...so.... I''ll have to wait until he''s fast asleep.
27.gif

Roofers come Friday....sigh.
20.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That does look like a terrific setting! And who can resist a sale?! Just think of all the money you saved!!!!
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! Sorry to hear about the roof. If your FI is like my DH he won''t even notice the ring.

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
GORGEOUS! I absolutely love love love amethysts, that''s a fantastic setting for such a beautiful stone!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/7/2008 10:36:13 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Very pretty! Sorry to hear about the roof. If your FI is like my DH he won''t even notice the ring.
Ditto this, my DH would not even notice, lol!
Pretty ring, the color is gorgeous and I love the setting!
Sorry about the roof, we had to do that last summer...not fun at all.

debhew

Rough_Rock
Your ring is beautiful - how come I never find sales like that!! It looks gorgeous the way it is but with a yellow diamond - unbelievable. Enjoy!
3.gif

pichu

Rough_Rock
great setting and who can resist a sale? i''d love to see the yellow cushion in it though the amethyst is very pretty. the purple really stands out.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! I would''ve taken advantage of that deal myself! Would love to see hand shots...and congrats on a wonderful purchase!!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2008 8:22:47 PM
Author: ksinger
Thanks for all the nice comments!
1.gif
I''ll TRY to get some handshots soon - and some clearer pics in general, BUT 1) I have really ugly hands (especially when next to all the youngsters on here) and 2) well...umm....I''m going to have to sneak around because...um...well...I didn''t actually TELL my FI that I bought it, and well....we just found out we have to have a new roof
23.gif
...so.... I''ll have to wait until he''s fast asleep.
27.gif

Roofers come Friday....sigh.
20.gif
Fantastic ring - and the roof is a good thing - let the sun shine through the holes in your roof and make your new beauty sparkle for your photo shoot!
3.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i love finging awesome things on sale! its beautiful ring!

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/7/2008 8:31:35 AM
Author:ksinger
I''ve been very bad lately. This is only one of the rings I bought at a local B&M store who were closing..... It is 18k white with .63 tcw, 78 diamonds in all (of course I counted). The band has diamonds on all 3 sides. I''ll try to get more and better pics later....

The goal is(was?) to get the mounting, and eventually put a yellow cushion in it, but in the meantime, I decided on the amethyst. It is a 6mm checkerboard cushion. I may just have to keep it that way and get another mounting, now that I see it... Darn! I''ll have to get ANOTHER ring.
27.gif
lmao..I just got this mental image of you (although your face is mostly a blur to me because I''ve never met you IRL
emteeth.gif
) counting each diamond, refusing to answer the phone or the door incase you loose track...and then counting again to make sure you didn''t miscount...I don''t know why I found this so funny, but I actually laughed out loud.

But seriously, that is one seriously gorgeous ring! I completely agree you need to get ANOTHER ring cuz that one needs to be left alone to enjoy it''s new life. :)

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/8/2008 10:20:29 PM
Author: blingergrrrl

Date: 4/7/2008 8:31:35 AM
Author:ksinger

27.gif
lmao..I just got this mental image of you (although your face is mostly a blur to me because I''ve never met you IRL
emteeth.gif
) counting each diamond, refusing to answer the phone or the door incase you loose track...and then counting again to make sure you didn''t miscount...I don''t know why I found this so funny, but I actually laughed out loud.

But seriously, that is one seriously gorgeous ring! I completely agree you need to get ANOTHER ring cuz that one needs to be left alone to enjoy it''s new life. :)
Yesss....(says she with whirly eyes) someone ELSE agrees! Therefore I can''t be wrong. Must...get...another...ring.....mmmmm!!!!

Well, we shall see how this goes...I tried my pics again and think I may be able to make something a bit smaller here.

First a hand shot.

KMR_Purple_hand.jpg

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH fer cryin'' out loud. What is UP with these blinkin'' pics of mine??? THIS is why I post pics seldom: it''s a royal PITA to get them into a (what I THOUGHT) was a reasonable form....sigh. Sorry guys for the ENORMOUS pic again....

Maybe the roof will go better...?

Oh heck I''ll post the side view anyway....we''d all be looking at it with a magnifying glass if we had it IRL anyway...right? I did...(sheepishly...)

KMR_Purple_side.jpg

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh..um...and yeah...well....I got these way back at the START of the sale....

Designer Caroline Ballou, 18k yellow with peridot and amethyst briolettes.....

Then there was the 18k yellow heavy yellow gold ring with tiny diamonds that I haven''t gotten good pics of yet....

I said I''d be bad and I meant BAAAAAAD!!!

(But THE ring really was bought at the tail end. The other stuff was already bought and paid for long before the roof thing raised it''s ugly head. If you value your wallets folks, don''t live .6 miles from a jeweler (who is in the same sailing club as your FI). It''s dangerous!!)

KMR_Earrings.jpg

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Your amethyst ring is beautiful!!! The purple is so radiant and it looks great in that setting (yes, another vote to leave this stone in this setting and get a different setting... hee hee
2.gif
)
I also love the side view... kinda reminds me of floating bubbles... too cool!!

katpaw

Rough_Rock
I love your ring. It is exactly something that I would get!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your ring and the setting is beautiful!!!!!! I love the design of it. I like your earrings too.

Sorry about your roof. We had to do that 4 years ago. The roofers arrive at 6:30a.m and the noise is horrible.

Linda

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well the roof is done - we went from an ancient rust colored 3-tab composite laid over an underlayment of shakes, to a nice OSB decking covered by Elk Prestique 30 year Architectural shingle in Weathered Wood. I live in a new house!!!
36.gif
Looks MUCH better.

Oh, and the real reason I came here: In case someone wants to know: that mounting is actually a Kathy Ireland semi mount. I''ve found not much about her stuff, and what little I''ve found has not been complimentary, but when I spoke with the jeweler, she said that most of their designs are not shown on her website catalog. All I can say is the ones I saw were pretty good looking. Enough so I would buy that one.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results