shape
carat
color
clarity

Need a plain wedding band..flat band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
My current plain wedding band is too rounded to match my e-ring. So I''m thinking of getting a flat plain band instead, but I''m wondering if it would be too flat?

This is the one I''m considering: http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/2-5-palladium-flat-html and should I go 2mm or 2.5? Comfort fit or non? I''ve called around and no store near me have a flat 2mm or 2.5mm band
40.gif

Attached is a picture of my e-ring with the current more rounded plain band. DH agrees that it doesn''t look matched but also feels that it looks fine together. And that since I only wear my plain band with my e-ring a couple of times a week, I should "tough it out"
11.gif

Thanks so much!!

ACEWB0001.jpg

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my 3 stone ring with my "flat" or low-dome style band (3.5 mm width).

Handshot(3stoneasscher).jpg

heather318

Shiny_Rock
I definitely agree that your current band looks a little too rounded with your ring.. I actually just ordered the 2mm flat band from eweddingbands and it''s coming in the mail today! I didn''t order the comfort fit because I figured that with it being only 2mm, there wouldn''t be any problems with it being comfortable.. I can post hand shots once it gets here if you''d like.. I also believe that Laurenthepartier has the same 2mm band..

I guess the best advice is to just buy it and see if you like it.. They have an awesome return policy and the band isn''t very expensive!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Have you considered a lucida band? They''re sort of flattened on the top so they sit flush, then gently rounded on the edges. There''s a good picture here. I think a true pipe-cut band might be too pointy up against your e-ring. I have a Peretti sapphire that I wear with my pipe-cut (coincidentally today) and I''m not super crazy about the look. See below:

forfreke2.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
The flat band at e-weddingbands is awesome, and if you ask them to, they'll adjust the height to match the height of your e-ring.

I have the platinum band from them, and then ordered an 18k WG band so the metals wouldn't consistently grate on each other.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here it is with my 1 mm baguette band sandwiched in between.

original.aspx

I''m actually buying a second 1 mm baguette band to flank my e-ring. I pick it up today! Yay.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2008 3:32:31 PM
Author: LitigatorChick
Here is my 3 stone ring with my ''flat'' or low-dome style band (3.5 mm width).
LitChick- I love your ring!!!
30.gif
Maybe I shouldn''t go thin (2-2.5mm) but rather wider? Hmmm....

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2008 3:32:52 PM
Author: heather318
I definitely agree that your current band looks a little too rounded with your ring.. I actually just ordered the 2mm flat band from eweddingbands and it''s coming in the mail today! I didn''t order the comfort fit because I figured that with it being only 2mm, there wouldn''t be any problems with it being comfortable.. I can post hand shots once it gets here if you''d like.. I also believe that Laurenthepartier has the same 2mm band..

I guess the best advice is to just buy it and see if you like it.. They have an awesome return policy and the band isn''t very expensive!
Heather- I hope you post pixs when your ring arrives! Can''t wait to see it
9.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2008 3:34:18 PM
Author: mercoledi
Have you considered a lucida band? They''re sort of flattened on the top so they sit flush, then gently rounded on the edges. There''s a good picture here. I think a true pipe-cut band might be too pointy up against your e-ring. I have a Peretti sapphire that I wear with my pipe-cut (coincidentally today) and I''m not super crazy about the look. See below:

forfreke2.jpg
Merco- I adore the Lucida band! I did look at that last week, but the price for even a 2mm one is insane! Plus my setting is palladium, which Tiffany doesn''t offer
15.gif
I live vicariously through other Luci owners
2.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Lauren- I know I''ve posted this before, but I totally big puffy heart your set!
2.gif
I can''t wait to see the new baguette band. Someday, I want a matching princess channel band for the other side of my e-ring. It won''t happen any time soon though, lol. So, do you think I should order 2mm, 2.5mm, or since I''m digging Litchick''s wider band, wider, since my setting is 4.5mm on top? I was going to go thin, but after seeing Lit''s...
3.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2008 5:35:32 PM
Author: february2003bride
Lauren- I know I''ve posted this before, but I totally big puffy heart your set!
2.gif
I can''t wait to see the new baguette band. Someday, I want a matching princess channel band for the other side of my e-ring. It won''t happen any time soon though, lol. So, do you think I should order 2mm, 2.5mm, or since I''m digging Litchick''s wider band, wider, since my setting is 4.5mm on top? I was going to go thin, but after seeing Lit''s...
3.gif
You''re so sweet, seriously - I love the way you put that!
2.gif

But, as far as the bands go, I like to go kind of matchy with band widths. My e-ring is 2 mm, so I bought the 2 mm band knowing I didn''t want more than 4 mm on my finger (or 5 mm, I have stubby fingers).
3.gif

I would go with the wider band first - and their return policy is so great that if you don''t like it, you can return it! Take pics, though!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lauren I love you set too!
30.gif

feb, I do think a flatter band would compliment your beautiful e-ring.

heather318

Shiny_Rock
Here's my platinum 2mm flat wedding band from www.eweddingbands.com

The band is SO tiny but I love it!

2mm flat wedding band.jpg

heather318

Shiny_Rock
Yikes! Sorry that picture was so big.. I wish you could delete your pictures after you post them if they''re too big!

2mm flat wedding band small.jpg

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
I think a flat wedding band would look better with your e-ring. I have a flat band from eweddingbands and I am happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results