shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me choose!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

candlelite80

Shiny_Rock

This is my engagment ring from Blue Nile, it has a princess center stone (1.26 ct center stone and .84 cts in the setting)

http://tinyurl.com/ywbjt3

I am trying to decide which band from Blue Nile would look more appropriate

Choice 1 http://tinyurl.com/2amepm (.50 cts)

Choice 2 http://tinyurl.com/2ylod2 (.75 cts)

Which one do you think you match better with my engagement ring? Neither? Please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
The first - it''s the same mm of your wedding band. The second is thicker.

But, I''m still concerned about the size of melee in your ring vs. what''s in the band. If you want a matched look, I think the diamonds in the band will be larger than that on the setting.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Elmorton, try and match the size of the diamonds in your engagement ring with the size of the diamonds in your wedding band & then match the mm width. That is, if you want them to match. A lot of folks here like the non-matchy too. I like both looks, but I think if its not going to match, it has to be an obvious contrast.

Maybe you could call BN and ask them if they have a band meant to go with your lovely e-ring? It''s very beautiful, do you have handshots?

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Ok...here is the band listed on the same page as your engagement ring...its is "Pave" set (like your engagement ring). Those other two bands you showed are "channel set" which would look different in my opinion.

of course you have to get what you like & what makes you smile when you look at it, but I''d get the matching "pave set" band. Here it is:

http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.asp?track=cs1&oid=7304&parent_oid=6219

hope that helps!

candlelite80

Shiny_Rock

Thank you both for your reponses! I love the band that you suggested and it is actually the one that Blue Nile suggest with my e-ring. Unfortunately since it is an eternity ring it only comes in certain sizes and my sausage fingers LOL are too big!

7.gif
I wear a 8.25 so that ring isn''t an option for me. On top of that I didn''t really want an eternity ring even if it came in my size.

If that ring came in a non-eternity in my size I would have bought it on the spot! :)

candlelite80

Shiny_Rock
SanDiegoLady, I appreciate your input. I only know the total ct weight for all of the rings... do you know how I could find out the individual diamond sizes?

The diamonds in my e-ring setting are graduated so it actually has a range of sizes.

candlelite80

Shiny_Rock
This is the exact ring I really wanted from Abazias but because of their horrible return policy I am not willing to take a chance in case the quality is not good in person or if I just don''t like it.

http://tinyurl.com/2cj4fb

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the first option I suggested a WF is just like the band you like at Abazias... WF could make it 3/4 eternity or half eternity I bet.

DD

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going to vote also for going with a bead set/pave set band rather than a channel set. But that''s just my 2 cents. .....I''m just not a channel set fan and I think your setting is LOVELY and deserves
2.gif
a pave band next to it.
36.gif

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have the bead set eternity band from Whiteflash that dreamer dachsie posted, and I love it! It is so much prettier in person than in the website picture. I think it looks clunky in the picture, but in person it is much more delicate.

dsbeadsetband.jpg

candlelite80

Shiny_Rock
deegee, I think it is beautiful! I have always been afraid of eternity bands though since they can''t be resized. That is why I was hoping to find something that looks like that but without the eternity. Beautiful ring though!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The eternity band sizing thing scares me too. That''s the reason I never purchased one before now. This one looks so good with my e-ring that I just had to get it! Good luck in your search!

candlelite80

Shiny_Rock
deegee, if I wasn''t worried about the eternity ring thing I would buy that one in a heartbeat because I think it would match perfectly! I e-mail Whiteflash and asked them if there was any way to make it into a half eternity... I don''t know if they even do things like that but I figured it couldn''t hurt to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results