shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me decide!!!

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
Your rope is going to be so fashionable and attractive. :idea: Another one I have to add on my wish list

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Pinkjewel, I came back to look at your pretty pastel Tahitians again. What size are they?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kay|1410378680|3748575 said:
They are both beautiful, but different looks. I wear a lot of black and dark colors, and I love the Gellner Castaway, so I would probably choose the black spinels. If Hisano can't find spinel roundels that will work, you can always go with the white pearls.

Hi:

OHSO gorgeous! I'd love to own this necklace....but have never seen this brand/product anywhere...

cheers--Sharon

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Kay|1411083798|3753422 said:
Pinkjewel, I came back to look at your pretty pastel Tahitians again. What size are they?
Hi Kay- just saw this. They are 10-11mm.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1411086151|3753434 said:
Kay|1410378680|3748575 said:
They are both beautiful, but different looks. I wear a lot of black and dark colors, and I love the Gellner Castaway, so I would probably choose the black spinels. If Hisano can't find spinel roundels that will work, you can always go with the white pearls.

Hi:

OHSO gorgeous! I'd love to own this necklace....but have never seen this brand/product anywhere...

cheers--Sharon

I've never seen the Gellner line in person either. Turns out there's going to be a trunk show not too far away from me which hopefully I'll be able to get to!!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
So-we are getting closer!!! Hisano did find my spinels (check out the new PP video and you can see them at 36 sec !!!!). :twirl:

In the end I have 25 pearls for my 54" rope. I debated about going with 2 necklaces-one at 35" and one at 39"- both could be doubled or worn 1 or 2 at a time or attached together for one really long length, but I think I need about 5 more pearls if I went this route, plus more spinels and another clasp which starts to get a bit expensive. I really like necklaces, though, in these lengths and wear them a lot. On the other hand with the 54" I can double it-but that's not a length I wear a lot- triple it which would be gorgeous, or maybe knot it for the length I like. I need to decide soon. :confused:

eta-sneak peek at the 54" rope initial layout =)

pastel_tahitian_spinels.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
How thrilling to see something she got for you on video, captured forever!!!

Keep us posted, of course.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1413375921|3767322 said:

will do ;))

And, I just had an epiphany on length. I am going to make a 39" and a 17" with clasps that will work together. That way I have all my options covered!!!!! 56" rope, double strand, triple strand, or even just single strands for more casual- and that way I don't need to add more expensive tahitian pearls and I get all my favorite lengths!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
PinkJewel, I saw the video too and thought of you when Hisano was checking out the spinels. Your necklaces are going to be fab.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
pinkjewel|1413377148|3767325 said:
bsomlo|1413375921|3767322 said:

will do ;))

And, I just had an epiphany on length. I am going to make a 39" and a 17" with clasps that will work together. That way I have all my options covered!!!!! 56" rope, double strand, triple strand, or even just single strands for more casual- and that way I don't need to add more expensive tahitian pearls and I get all my favorite lengths!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

That's very clever. It will be a gorgeous as well as versatile rope!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
You're a smart cookie! Good thinking.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
pink, just do it: you are looking at a versatile piece that will more than pay for itself through years of decorating your neck. the initial cost may seem high but over the course of years? not so much. and don't forget to figure in the enjoyment factor as well. your idea is practical in so many ways because of the multipurpose use. just do it!

JillyC

Shiny_Rock
pinkjewel, I think you'll be happy you went with that option, so much versatility makes it a much more cost effective piece! Can't wait to see it finished!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
pinkjewel - Your decision is perfect! I really look forward to seeing these on you!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
thanks everyone- I do think that combo should work well for me. =)

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Very cool...and love the two lengths to wear together or separately. Very clever.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Pinkjewel, I thought of your project when I was watching the video yesterday. This is such a fresh and dramatic way to use colorful round pearls without the expensive of an entire necklace of just round pearls. I can't wait to see the finished project! (I have added this to my "short list" of pearl projects.)

I like the idea of 2 separate necklaces so you can have a short or long single, short or long double, or triple. I've often thought that when I get around to eventually buying a 55" rope, I would break it into 18" and 37" strands (my personal sweet spots for singles and doubles) for versatility. When you were going to do the necklace as one long rope, I was going to suggest you might want to add a small jump ring 2-3" in from the end of the necklace to allow for a tighter (choker) triple or a looser triple. You may still want to consider that with the 38" necklace, as you should be able to hide at least one of the clasps when you link the 2 necklaces together.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Kay|1413403175|3767520 said:
Pinkjewel, I thought of your project when I was watching the video yesterday. This is such a fresh and dramatic way to use colorful round pearls without the expensive of an entire necklace of just round pearls. I can't wait to see the finished project! (I have added this to my "short list" of pearl projects.)

I like the idea of 2 separate necklaces so you can have a short or long single, short or long double, or triple. I've often thought that when I get around to eventually buying a 55" rope, I would break it into 18" and 37" strands (my personal sweet spots for singles and doubles) for versatility. When you were going to do the necklace as one long rope, I was going to suggest you might want to add a small jump ring 2-3" in from the end of the necklace to allow for a tighter (choker) triple or a looser triple. You may still want to consider that with the 38" necklace, as you should be able to hide at least one of the clasps when you link the 2 necklaces together.

Hmmm... I hadn't thought of that although most of the time I get a 3 inch chain on my shorter pearls- 17 inch pearl length with 3 inch extender chain. Hisano is having laser ball clasps black rhodium plated for my clasps so that they kind of blend in with the spinels and also mimic the shape of the pearls so I wouldn't be able to adjust the length. Have to think about this a bit- maybe at least move the 39 inch to a 38 inch. thanks for your input.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
PLEASE KEEP US POSTEDD!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I keep looking at this thread too. Love the pastel Tahitians with the spinels. If just dawned on me I have this style made with hematite and turquoise.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
This is coming along beautifully ... those pastel Tahitians are just glorious, and now the spinels! I was so inspired by your project I bought a couple strands of spinels to play with ... although I have no pastels, and no idea what I'm going to do with them yet LOL. Look forward to seeing more!!!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
ckrickett- will do!! =)

4Ranch girl- I'd love to see your version, too. I think it's such a wearable necklace style and takes a "tin cup" just a tiny step further with the added sparkle of gems!!

CRDKeshi- that's so funny that you bought some spinels to play with... as I did, too!!!! I can't remember where I saw this photo, but it had a white SS pearl hanging from either a black diamond or black spinel necklace and it looked very chic and dramatic. I'll look for the photo.

eta- OK- found the photo

91300500.jpg

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Pinkjewel - I saw the video and immediately thought these must be your strands. I was also inspired by your project and purchased strands of black spinel weeks ago for a future project.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Pinkjewel, thanks for posting that photo! I have been hunting for a thicker chain or cord to wear my WSS pendant on, and I love that look.

CRD, Pinkjewel and Frost Me, from whom did you buy your spinal strands?

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Kay, I bought my spinels from 2 vendors at an InterGem gem and jewelry show in our area a few weeks ago. Many of the bead dealers had strands. I do happen to have that new big silvery white Tahitian I haven't decided what to do with yet :)

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I'm thinking my WSS pendant needs a strand like that, too! My WG chain is just too thin.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Kay|1413611609|3768940 said:
Pinkjewel, thanks for posting that photo! I have been hunting for a thicker chain or cord to wear my WSS pendant on, and I love that look.

CRD, Pinkjewel and Frost Me, from whom did you buy your spinal strands?

Kay, I bought my strands from BeadPalace Inc on Etsy. She has several different qualities listed. The ones I bought were listed as 3mm black spinels, but in the description they are listed as 2mm and look like "black diamonds". the strands I received are closer to 2mm. They originally sent me some of the inferior strands they had listed, but when I contacted them they replaced them immediately with the much higher quality ones I originally ordered. She said the error was due to a helper packing them as she was away at a show. And the first strands sent to me were 3mm so I can see where someone could be confused. But they were not that well cut and didn't sparkle much whereas the strands I finally received do sparkle much like black diamonds. I've never purchased from the company before ( they have good reviews), but don't know much else about them. I figured for a small purchase like this I'd give them a try. I don't know the hole size, yet as I haven't pulled the strands apart.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1413690644|3769312 said:
I'm thinking my WSS pendant needs a strand like that, too! My WG chain is just too thin.

haha- these little black spinels are addictive, aren't they? :lol:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Frost Me|1413606856|3768927 said:
Pinkjewel - I saw the video and immediately thought these must be your strands. I was also inspired by your project and purchased strands of black spinel weeks ago for a future project.

Oh good, care to share your project??!! :naughty:

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Kay - I purchased the spinel from "the hemporium" ebay. I took a chance, not knowing and I am very happy with how sparkly they are.

pinkjewel - I can't wait to see your results! I don't have a project started yet, or pearls. I like this idea by Stacey Singer.
17666a_20eb88065d7c7ad76a88ca70ad571998.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results