shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearls for new earring project: a Pearl Society purchase

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Apologies for the rotated whacky pictures - the perils of posting from your phone!!

Bsomlo, that's what I love about pearls: they are all so sexy and touchable and individual. I'm so much more a fan of the unique pearls than the smaller round pearls.

And Mr K is definitely a fan!!

I have another pearl purchase I need to share but I will wait until we can get home and I can post better pics the right way around!

naria

Shiny_Rock
They look amazing. Love Love Love. Enjoy them thoroughly.

AnnaGraceDreamPearls

Rough_Rock
Trade
The pearls are about 11-12 mm in size very beautiful without any flaws just by looking at them. The roundness of the pearls match in harmony with the square shape design of sapphire stones and other stones (not sure it's diamonds or not) in my opinion as a pearl merchant and designer. It's stunning and noble when pearls go with other precious stones like ruby, sapphire or emerald. If the pearl earrings can be set detachable to the sapphire earrings. You can add a simple fish hook (14/18K or stainless steel or pure silver) and wear the pearl earrings alone as an option. Congrats with your purchase and design.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks AnnaGrace!!

The pearls are detachable but they have a post with a loop at the top that slides over the stud so I can't wear them by themselves unfortunately. They measure at 14.5 x 13.2mm and 14.2 x 13.2mm, so very sizeable. The stones are Ceylonese sapphires (1.14tcw) and diamonds (1.84tcw).

I discovered yesterday that I can also wear the pearls with my other diamond earrings. There is a tiny little gap at the bottom of the earring where you can see the post but I don't think it's noticeable from regular viewing distance. Will try and get a picture of them this week! They were modeled on these earrings from Tiffany's but they have millgraining around the stones and each centre stone is 0.5ct.

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=23954141&mcat=&cid=&search_params=s+1-p+2-c+-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+circlet&search=1

A bit like these but without the scalloped floral edge:

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?fromGrid=1&sku=29527857&mcat=&cid=&search_params=s+1-p+5-c+-r+-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+enchant&search=1

AnnaGraceDreamPearls

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks for responding. I am not sure how to call you. Kindly let me know. Anyhow, on the pearls, your jeweler can add / set another tiny loop onto the existing loop for hooking up with another earrings or simple fish hook, then earrings will look longer & more dangling, very pretty ! They can be fixed. I have done it with my own earrings or for my customers also. So your pearl set can be a multi-functional accessories and a beautiful showcase piece by itself. If you are thinking to hook up with the diamond earrings like the one on Tiffany, you can get even larger pearls, like 12-13 mm. Because the sparkles from the diamonds can overpower the pearls. You need a premium grading pearl with mirror luster and perfect round (exhibit the halo effect /overtone much better) shape to complement each other. That's only my opinion. Thanks for sharing your beautiful jewelry.

alice87

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous earrings! Well done! Looks great, I am just loving how they look!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results