shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl Paradise Color-shifting Freshwater metallic strands?

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
Re: Pearl Paradise Color-shifting Freshwater metallic strand

Oh, yeah, and no, "I'm sorry, I know you wanted those" or "here's the pic", or "here's what we can do instead" email, as promised. Sometimes, I wonder...

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear that. After I read your post I went to their website . The only shades left are copper-peach, gold-lavender and silver-pink. I am guessing you asked for a multicolor strand in order to make a tin-cup.

Did you email? Sometimes I find it faster to chat or call to guarantee quicker response or selection. They get lots of emails & voice mails. I would imagine it's very overwhelming. Nevertheless, I would be really disappointed too if the same thing happen to me.

beadchick

Shiny_Rock

I emailed. Did speak w/ her on Friday, but not since then. I've pretty much said what I would like. The response I did finally get didn't answer the questions in the previous email sent, and the ones I got today didn't answer the ones sent on the weekend. And I still have no idea on a price quote. And why would I need to buy 20 inches of chain for a 20 inch necklace? I know how to wire wrap, I'm almost to the point where I would just get the pearls and do it myself.

So, supposedly, the loose pearls are half-drilled. She was going to check to see if they could be full-drilled for stringing. Who knows? I had also requested a second picture of those pearls on weekend, so I could choose what I wanted, but didn't get it today.

I mean, I get that they get lots of emails, but the most EFFICIENT way to handle that is to fire off 1 email, find out exactly what the client wants, then return an email w/ the details and price so the person can finalize and then make a purchase. This is NOT difficult. And to be honest, I'm a bit frustrated that I expressed what I wanted last week and then today, the only option given me is leftovers. GAHHH!

beadchick

Shiny_Rock

Problems solved. All in about two calls. Gotta LOVE that. Phew.

So, the loose 1/2 drilled pearls CAN be used for stringing. PP picked out 9 for a necklace for me, and 2 (not TOO matchy, by request) pearls for earrings. Looked great, didn't have to change anything. She sent me pics of the pearls, which I would love to post, except, I'm not sure how to do it on a mac...but I do promise pics when I get them. :appl: :appl: :appl:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock

beadchick|1315443981|3012190 said:
PP picked out 9 for a necklace for me, and 2 (not TOO matchy, by request) pearls for earrings. Looked great, didn't have to change anything. She sent me pics of the pearls, which I would love to post, except, I'm not sure how to do it on a mac...but I do promise pics when I get them. :appl: :appl: :appl:

20" strand still? Are the pearls 2" apart? What do you mean you don't know how to do it on a Mac. Did they send JPEG file? Save the file. Then go to Tools, Adjust size. In the pop up box where Width and Height fields are, enter a percentage. I would recommend 25% by entering 25. A 1.7MB file reduced to 25 would yield about 120KB, good enough to post here. Anyway, enter 25 in the width field and the height field will automatically populate the same number. Put cursor in the resulting file box at the bottom to see the reduced file's size. Click OK if you are happy with file size, if not happy with size click cancel and reduce or increase percentage as need. Then do file, save as, make sure extension is still jpeg. Hope this helps.

beadchick

Shiny_Rock

9-7-11c-1.jpg

Gahh! That seems to be my favorite thing to say lately. Sorry for the tiny picture. I tried to revert it, but it refused. So, the pearls on the bottom are going to be for the necklace. Then I requested a NOT perfectly matchy pair for the earrings. We are using the pair on the LEFT.

And yes, will still be 20 inch strand. Not sure if will be 2 in apart, probably less. She brought up whether I wanted them to go all the way around the back, which I am thinking I don't. Probably just up to beneath or past my ears. I can't wait to see them IRL!!!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

Glad it all worked out Bead. Even in the small picture the colors all look bright and different with contrast :appl: Enjoy your new treasure.

beadchick

Shiny_Rock

9-7-11c-3.jpg

beadchick

Shiny_Rock

Ha! I got it. So, don't you think the third pearl from the left is to dye for? Not quite pink, but not quite copper, but not purple, but a little greenish. I love colors like that. You can't define it.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock

beadchick|1315488447|3012636 said:
Ha! I got it. So, don't you think the third pearl from the left is to dye for? Not quite pink, but not quite copper, but not purple, but a little greenish. I love colors like that. You can't define it.

Yes, love those colors that you can't describe. I like the center pearl & 4th one too. I have some like that (4th), different colors on each end. Good thing you don't want pearls behind the neck for that tin cup...so the space in between will be less than 2", probably somewhere around 1.5". I am excited for you. Glad you called to work things out.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock

Here are the color change pearls they sent me to choose from. I ended up choosing the second pair from the top, for earrings, and the third and fourth pearls from the top in the right column, for pendants.

colorchangepearl_0.jpg

portoar

Brilliant_Rock

I wanted them all, though :lickout:

beadchick

Shiny_Rock

portoar|1315514656|3012957 said:
I wanted them all, though :lickout:

I know, they are insanely pretty, right?

beadchick

Shiny_Rock

TORTURE!!! PP finished the necklace and earrings and were kind enough to rush them off to me before I have to go out of town for a work thingy. All I do is study and check the FedEx status (and browse pricescope when I am braindead ;))

The waiting is killing me!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

Hi! Ladies, I am new to your forum. 4RanchGirl invited me to join the group. I purchased a strand of these color shift pearls last week after getting a heads up from 4RanchGirl. I had selected a strand when I was out in Los Angeles at the Ruckus 2011 Pearl Paradise's event. I was trying to match some Exotic Metallic 11mm earrings I had purchased a few years ago and was having a real hard time since the color is very different. Chenai was very helpful and I think we got just the right strand for me.

copperpeachpearls.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock

I have purchased a selection of 11mm Exotic Metallic freshwater studs at PP a few years ago. For my Anniversary, Jeremy created a solid color necklace in a light solid creamy shade to match the center pair of studs. I wanted some new strands to go with these earrings but unless the strand was metallic they don't coordinate well. After selecting the copper/peach I posted above , I selected a multi color shift to add to my collection. This is what they sent me. I am a very happy pearl girl.

exotics11mm.jpg

2011 09 08_5414.JPG

portoar

Brilliant_Rock

That strand is absolutely stunning! I just love it :love:

iLander

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous stuff!

I wish I was into Freshies, these are fabulous! :love:

*sobs* I should've grabbed one! Now it's out of stock... waaaaah :(

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Welcome NacreLover. I'm really enjoying your posts so far, and especially your wonderful photos of some beautiful pearls.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock

I now wish I'd bought a strand, too. As it is, I only bought four single pearls, to make 2 pendants and a pair of earrings. I may send one of the pearls back b/c it doesn't do much for me, but I doubt they have anything good left to replace it with.

WHEW! I just grabbed a necklace. I really hope it lives up to my standards.... lol I haven't had a very good pearl year!

Someone must have returned theirs because they had one multi up!

erinl

Brilliant_Rock

I got my gold lavender strand last week, and I ordered a matching pair of pearls for earrings. Any suggestions on how to take a decent photo?

False alarm. They sent me a picture and it looks nothing like the strands everyone posted here. Bummed.

And for pictures, natural daylight like in the shade on a paper towel usually works best.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock

The multicolor necklace you ordered was from the color-shifting freshwater pearl page? Did you call them to confirm the necklace they sent a picture of was the color shifting? Maybe you should see it in person first before deciding it was a false alarm?

Yes, it was the last strand. Here is the picture they sent me.
To me, the quality is not on level with the other strands in this thread.

Oh well. It seems the only way to get something like *that* is to have it personally made.
I don't know.

Honestly, this looks like the unloved step-sister of the other necklaces.

Last colorshifting multi.jpg

portoar

Brilliant_Rock

Yes, the individual pearls in "your" neclace don't have the uniformity of shape that the stunning necklace shown by nacrelover has. But the color of the pearls is pretty consistent with pictures on the website. Also, it suffers from being fairly uniform in color, whereas I think the multi-colored strands (at least from the pictures, I was not fortunate enough to order one) were the stars of the show. Also, I think some of the pictures we've seen benefit from special photographic lighting conditions. But I think you were right to turn down that necklace.

I did order four individual pearls to make an earring and pendant set for me and a pendant for my mother in law. PP sent me photos of some individual pearls and I chose four, which turned out to be all the same color, lavender with gold or copper. Two of the individual pearls are back at PP being set as pendants now. In retrospect, I wish I hadn't been so matchy-matchy, but they are beautiful pearls and at the end of the day, I was just glad to get a few.

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock

Former lurker, first-time poster! Today I bought a strand of the silver-pink metallic freshwaters, and had it lengthened to 22", with a white gold P charm added. Remembering that "you only buy quality once", I also ordered matching white gold dangle earrings. I was just giddy with excitement after spending about two months online researching the various sites and forums. This is a very special necklace from a special relative for my big birthday. I had originally set out to get the baroque blue Akoya necklace but they were all out. I asked the salesperson (Mia, who was very helpful, just like I'd read here) to "tell me that they are gorgeous" and she replied, "We are all drooling over them!" When people who deal with pearls daily are drooling, that's a good sign. (But, hopefully, not onto the pearls!)

I would like to thank you all for sharing your pearl knowledge and photographs, as it helped me to make a decision. I shall attempt to photograph and post photos when the pearls arrive.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock

Can't wait to see them!

erinl

Brilliant_Rock

Here is my strand of lavender gold metallics and matching loose drops for a future earring project.

IMG_3394.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results