shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My new kasumi-like strands from POJ

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I tried adding some numbers to the photos. You have some very beautiful pearls in your strand. The big center pearl at 15 is golden-green and I love the dark purple to one side at 14 and that beautiful light pink at 16. Wow! I think the end pearls on each side are very well matched.

big_kasumi_poj2.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl, you are the BEST!!! You just super brightened my day! Love my strand so much now. And I am actually glad the other strand got away cos I love my strand so much more. Muaks!! :love: :love: :love: :D

Fly Girl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
You are so welcome. It was fun figuring it out. And, you have some super beautiful pearls in there. You can really see the metallic colors better in the HK photos. :))

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
double-post

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I like the idea of the stardust ball .. the textured surface seems like it would suit the bumpy nature of the pearls. Good choice imo :)

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1381078774|3533176 said:
Also asked for possible earrings that can match, and enquired about a possible new project that I shall justify as a Christmas present for myself if it goes thru.

How exciting! Can't wait to see these :twirl:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Katbran, I hope it turns out well!
Hope Kevin can get the clasps soon... ahhhh waiting is soooo hard.

LitGeek|1381321796|3534691 said:
Also asked for possible earrings that can match, and enquired about a possible new project that I shall justify as a Christmas present for myself if it goes thru.

Earrings is a no-go for now. Tried to match to Edisons but gosh they are HUGE! Nothing that my itsy ears can take. Will wait for studs if Kevin brings some in since I still have my Kojima dangles.

Kevin is trying to break up peachy segments for the combined strand, and that should hopefully resolve any remaining concerns.

As for new project, think is on. But only after he has settled the ripples for everyone. Very exciting if it goes thru. :appl:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1381326015|3534719 said:
Thanks Katbran, I hope it turns out well!
Hope Kevin can get the clasps soon... ahhhh waiting is soooo hard.

LitGeek|1381321796|3534691 said:

Earrings is a no-go for now. Tried to match to Edisons but gosh they are HUGE! Nothing that my itsy ears can take. Will wait for studs if Kevin brings some in since I still have my Kojima dangles.

Kevin is trying to break up peachy segments for the combined strand, and that should hopefully resolve any remaining concerns.

As for new project, think is on. But only after he has settled the ripples for everyone. Very exciting if it goes thru. :appl:

A mystery :o Can you give us some hints? Lets see...saltwater or freshwater? Earrings, necklace, bracelet, ring? Color?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
LitGeek|1381330962|3534742 said:
A mystery :o Can you give us some hints? Lets see...saltwater or freshwater? Earrings, necklace, bracelet, ring? Color?

Sounds silly but I am afraid to jinx it if I say too much. Plus it's a way of managing my expectations I guess. Such a let-down if I don't get it in the end right? :???:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1381332036|3534747 said:
LitGeek|1381330962|3534742 said:

Sounds silly but I am afraid to jinx it if I say too much. Plus it's a way of managing my expectations I guess. Such a let-down if I don't get it in the end right? :???:

I do understand :wink2:

Mondayschild

Shiny_Rock
Ooo I hope there are some resembling when/if POJ get more in!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
New pic from Kevin. He's such a sweetie and found some dark pearls to add to the rope (fat neck problems, sigh)...

Soooooo excited to get them! :loopy:

_10813.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Wow, beautiful! The colors look different in every shot. I'll be interested to see how you experience the colors and what your shots look like.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty icy! I agree, Kevin is super nice :praise:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
ETA Monday!

:appl:

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
Woo hoo! Post pics! :appl:
The strand you got was the one I was eyeing, too! Enjoy it!

P.S.
I have a question for you. Since I can't seem to PM, I sent you an email.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Got them! Woot! Pics tonight! :D

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Oki, so I got them today, and snapped some quick pics in the office.

Fluorescent lighting:

Close-up of stardust clasp:

img_9390.jpg

img_2390.jpg

img_9393.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Neckshots!

Pardon the bad arrangement... just for fun, both at the same time:

img_9384.jpg

img_2391.jpg

img_2392.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
That's it for photos for now, until this weekend when I find some time to do some beauty shots and comparatives against my other Kojima ripples.

My thoughts when I first got them?

11.5-15mm necklace:
- I really really like this dark strand. Looks great on my skin. I do see myself reaching for this strand often just cos it looks great on me.
- Want to wait a few days and to see it under different lighting conditions, but this may well be my fav ripple strand now. ;))
- The toggle clasp goes really well. Happy with the design and how easy it is to wear. Great length too (19 inches).

11-12mm rope/bracelet:
- The longer ripple strand is just the right length - 95cm/37.5 inches. As you can see from the pic, wears very comfortably when doubled.
- Colour-wise, the longer strand is indeed lighter. I would have honestly preferred a darker overall shade, but there were enough dark pearls interspersed to break up the strand.
- Bracelet is fun. Colleagues were fairly impressed with the 'transformer' necklace/bracelet. A wee bit loose, but my bad cos I asked for 8 inches even after Kevin asked if I was sure. Oki, so maybe 7.5 inches next time. :lol:
- I like the stardust clasp.

Overall, I think I scored on these. :mrgreen: Terrific value AND they look great.
Kevin from Pearls of Joy was wonderful to work with - hope he brings in more ripples... I need earrings! :lol:

Beauty shots for reference:
big_kasumi_poj.jpg

kasumi_rope_2.jpg

kasumi_rope_1.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Both strands are beautiful, but worn together they are FABULOUS :love: :love: :love: Love the stardust (???) clasps too!

YC

Brilliant_Rock
I think the dark strand is very beautiful. Looks great on u! Good choice.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!! I studied your dark strand so much I feel like I know the pearls by name. You do realize, that you wore your strand one pearl off, centered on the light pink #16, instead of the green-gold #15? Of course, they may be strung slightly differently than they were on the strand. Clearly, when I recognize your individual pearls, I am spending too much time here with pearls. :bigsmile:

In any case, it looks wonderful on you. And that is what really counts. :appl:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thanks LitGeek and YC!

Fly Girl|1382371129|3541688 said:
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!! I studied your dark strand so much I feel like I know the pearls by name. You do realize, that you wore your strand one pearl off, centered on the light pink #16, instead of the green-gold #15? Of course, they may be strung slightly differently than they were on the strand. Clearly, when I recognize your individual pearls, I am spending too much time here with pearls. :bigsmile:

In any case, it looks wonderful on you. And that is what really counts. :appl:

I didn't realise and OMG you are right of course. (Hugz) I feel like you are my pearl sister. :love:
Who else will notice such things about my pearls?

Btw, hubby said that they look like candle nuts. :???:
Went to google and these are candle nuts...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

candlenut.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE your ripples -- especially the dark strand!!! The pearls are a great color and size for you.

Wear them in good health and ENJOY! I am all smiley now after looking at your pictures!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1382393035|3541895 said:
I LOVE your ripples -- especially the dark strand!!! The pearls are a great color and size for you.

Wear them in good health and ENJOY! I am all smiley now after looking at your pictures!

Thanks! Love my dark strand. Colours really looks good against my skin. Yay.
Wore it to work today:

[Made sure it was centred before taking the pic, LOL] :lol:

Here is my reference:
big_kasumi_poj2.jpg

img_2404.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Some shots of the new POJ ripples today with my other Kojima ripples:

Not quite a match with the Kojima dangles, but I don't think I can wear the necklace AND earrings at the same time anyways, a bit too 'loud' for my rather sedate office perhaps.

Some amazing colours:

Close-up of the toggle clasp:

VS the POJ photos/glamour shots, IRL the strand is definitely lighter in colour.

img_9514.jpg

img_9515.jpg

img_2468.jpg

img_2469.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
The rope can be worn with the Kojima ripple, but my weak neck may not be able to take the weight. :loopy:

I'll be honest and admit that this rope is not as 'special' to me as the darker strand. Not cos the ripples are not nice, but just cos the colours are not as well suited to my skin tone. TBH, even the Kojima was is so-so in that sense. If there is a 'Hunger Games' elimination style contest among my pearls, think these 2 won't last long... anyways I'll do a simple demo on my hands later to show why.

POJ ripple rope on neck bust:

POJ ripple rope WITH Kojima strand on neck bust:

img_9520.jpg

img_9523.jpg

img_9546.jpg

img_9533.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Actually the colours are really quite nice as the next pic shows. So sad that my coloration does no justice to the pearls. :blackeye:

To me, these shots show just why there is a mini ripples craze. Those amazing colours! :love:

img_2470.jpg

img_9538.jpg

img_9542.jpg

img_2471.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results