shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you store your collection of pearl jewellery?

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Depending on where you live , they may be made in your area anyway.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
The jewelry supply store that I found said everything is made in China so I guess not... But I will visit the store to ask if they stock jewelery rolls. By the way how long are the rolls that you use? Any problems with the longer necklaces? TIA!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Since I am on a pearl buying hiatus, am trying to have fun with my existing collection...

Does make me feel a little more cheered up. ::)

_9707.jpg

_9708.jpg

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
They look lovely in their new storage pieces :twirl: :twirl: :twirl:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1378396930|3514994 said:
By the way how long are the rolls that you use? Any problems with the longer necklaces? TIA!

29" long and 10" high. For ropes, I doubled the necklace and hook both ends to two of the hanging loops. See loop # 4 and 5. Mine is made out of velveteen and it collects lint, which bothers the heck out of me.

roll.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@LitGeek: Thanks. Much easier to see and choose what to wear now, so am really quite happy. :appl:

HHPmom|1378566930|3516225 said:
29" long and 10" high. For ropes, I doubled the necklace and hook both ends to two of the hanging loops. See loop # 4 and 5. Mine is made out of velveteen and it collects lint, which bothers the heck out of me.

@HHPMOM: Ah. Thanks for the picture! Now I understand how you manage to put the longer ones in.
Re: lint and dust - Does using those lint rollers help?

Did try my jewellery supplies store and they sell travel rolls, but not those with hanging loops. So the hunt continues. Thanks again! :wavey:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade,
I use lint rollers but I wish I don't have to do it though. lol.

PearlGem

Rough_Rock
Hi! Icy-Jade, I love your peal collection and storage. I read your posts about the pearls your bought in the Philippines, I'm envious!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
PearlGem|1378797809|3517767 said:
Hi! Icy-Jade, I love your peal collection and storage. I read your posts about the pearls your bought in the Philippines, I'm envious!

Thanks! Do find it easier to see and decide what to wear now. :mrgreen:

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love those liberty safes- the look wonderfully vintage unlike most ugly modern ones. Unfortunately that don't have any aussie suppliers.

Anyone know if there are other companies that sell similar safes?

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I always remember watching Rachel Zoe as she went to her necklace drawers...she has half a wall of custom made built- ins with long narrow drawers..like 3 inches deep...and about 2.5 feet wide that held all of her vintage jewelry . Some day I thought..some day....

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
What a great find icy! I guess that means you will HAVE to get rings to go with your sets :naughty: :lol:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Nice find. The inner lining looks like quality product.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
At the rate at which your pearl collection is growing, u will need more than one of those... :cheeky:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Thanks LitGeek & HHPmom!

YC: I only plan to use this for travel, so think I should be sufficient. ::)

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
To store casual things I use this MOP jewelry box. It was a gift from Margo Pearl in 2011. 12"L x 8"W x 6.5"H.

We stopped by their store on Oahu first and got the gift. I had to hand carry this on interisland flight to Kauai. Then flew from Kauai back to Oahu, and from there flew to mainland USA. It was heavy, bulky in my bag. They gave me tissue, then bubble wrapped a few times. Quite cumbersome in the airports but it was all worth it.

creamy_suede_lining-a.jpg

mop_jewelry_box_3small.jpg

mop_box_3sm.jpg

mop_jewelry_box_2.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@HHPmom: What a gorgeous box from Margo! Love it!

For travel I have a small roll similar to yours, but on 2 week work trips I find it a bit small. Plus I'm always rather worried re: scratching the pearls (even if it's just the FWPs that I usu travel with) so I'm ok with the new travel case even tho it's much bulkier.

Thanks for sharing! :wavey:

Think I'm all done re: storage for now. But fast running outta space for my earrings. :lol:

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
In this, with labels for each drawer.

And a couple of velvet jewelry boxes for my akoyas. And I have a roll for travel.

mongram_box.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
HHP mom, I really like your MOP box.looks very posh

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results