shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW Bootcamp

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Way to go LJL! Delicious food and booze are almost always a part of my weekend too! ;-)

I didn't weigh this morning. It's been one very rough week for me and so, I haven't been eating very well. Over the weekend, I was already starting to get a terrible cold and then found out my debit card number had been stolen and someone had already racked up over $2000 in purchases! :o Thank goodness, my money has all been returned to me by my bank. But, until that happened, I was a nervous wreck. I have eaten horrible foods and I had a Sprite. So, I'm just going to wait a week before I weigh in.

One good bit of news though, like I said before my mom has an elliptical at her house. She and I bought it together a few years back. We were both pretty good at using it regularly, but she has since moved it to the basement and no one ever uses it. So, she decided that I could take it when BF and I move into our house! I'm so excited because I know I will use it since I will have regular access to it.

audball

Ideal_Rock
We had a very off week with food. Not as bad as I expected though. I weighed in today at 166 even (up 1.6 from last week, exactly what I lost last week too!). Back on the wagon today. We both know we aren't hitting our 10/7 goal on time but we're not letting it get us down. We're going to keep working towards those numbers and after we hit them, we're just going to focus on the next goal (5-10 lbs at at time) without putting date deadlines on them.

192.8: Highest Weight
166.0: Weight 9/23

26.8: Loss To Date
08.00: Pounds Left Until Goal 1 (158 lbs)

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Today I went to the doctor today for a sick visit. I've been battling a fever and sore throat for three days and needed to get checked out for strep throat before being cleared to work with patients again.

I knew they were going to stick swabs down my throat so deep I would almost vomit, what I did not expect was a weigh-in. I've always hovered between 160 and 165 but today in the office I was 168, and on my home scale I am 166 :-o

The sad part is that I've been trying to lose weight for the past month or so by exercising at least 3x week with either 1 hour group classes at the gym or a 20 minute Jillian Michaels workout that ALWAYS wipes me out. I've also been trying to be more aware of what I''m eating and how much. My weaknesses are definitely cheese and chocolate. Those C foods *shakes fist* I've been learning to cut down on cheese, but chocolate is HARD, especially when it's Nick's weakness too - and how he stays so skinny with NO EXERCISE is beyond me. It's hard being a full time student and trying to stay on track with taking care of myself too, but it's definitely a motivating factor when I spend all day telling patients the importance of diet and exercise in self care. One of my best friends from medical school was able to lose 30 pounds by just diet alone, but I really want to learn time management to fit in exercise too.

I think I can be more successful if I have a place that will force me to weight myself every week and make me more accountable than what I've been trying to be recently. Now I just have to figure out how to get exercise in with this pesky infection.

So here we go (using home scale since I don't see the doctor very often)

Current weight: 166 (BMI 26.8 )
Goal weight: 145 (BMI 23.4)
Weight to lose: 21 pounds
Daily goals: drink more water, exercise at least 20 minutes per day, and no eating after dinner
Long-term goal: be healthy, feel good about myself, and keep a lifestyle change that will maintain my weight.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to bootcamp sweetpea! I'm at 166 right now too and I hate it. I think I must be shorter than you though because to have a BMI of 23ish I'd have to be under 130 for sure.

We're a supportive bunch here! It's so hard to balance eating right, exercising, life, school, work, blah. I'm also a chocolate junkie, as is Andrew. Andrew and I are doing this together which helps a lot so we just don't keep things we can't have in the house.

*hugs* Pick a weigh in day and we'll try to keep you accountable! My weigh in days are on Sundays.

ETA: I'm also battling a sore throat right now...but I'm on Day 1 and had to miss work today. I hope it goes away soon. Andrew had it last week.

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
hmm... Im sick too.. weird.

I dont know what my weight situation is - because I was out of town this weekend. Today, I weighed 1 lb up from my Friday weight. Boo. I should be back down in a day, maybe 2. Then back on to losing weight normally - no other upcoming interruptions!

I should be starting back up at spin classes this week, hopefully I have any sort of motivation.

Hope all of you are chuggin along! Its good to see another "face" in here, sweetpea -welcome to the crazy person club!

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
Went to spin class for the first time in a while today. Started up my 3 months of unlimited classes. Hopefully I actually go to them :lol: :lol:

Hows everyone else?

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome sweetpea! Like audball said, you must be taller than me too because my BMI is 25.4 at 148 lb. As for the chocolate, I know how you feel. That is one of my biggest weaknesses too. And with Halloween and the other holidays coming up, I know it's going to be everywhere. Let yourself have a little and try to savor it as much as possible. I found eating one small rectangle of a Hershey's bar helped me fight the craving. Plus, like aud said again, it's much easier if you just don't keep it in the house in the first place.

LJL, I love spin classes! That is one thing I definitely miss about my gym membership. There was one really great teacher at my gym and her class was always full. I wish I could go again.

Sorry that you all are all sick! Fortunately, I am not. I have no idea how because I almost always get sick within the first few weeks of school just from being exposed to so many kids with runny noses and germy hands. Hope you all get better soon!!

I'm still doing good here! No weigh in though. My scale is broken :( I stepped on it on Thursday and it said 136! Unfortunately, I know there is no possible way I lost 10 pounds in two weeks. So, I stepped on it again and it said 160. Then it just kept going through all sorts of different numbers, so I have no way of knowing what I'm even close to. I probably won't buy a new one until we get into our house though. But I am still going to update on how I have been doing. Maybe then I will be able to see a much lower number once I do get another scale.

I have been eating very well this week. I haven't started the no carbs thing yet. Still need to find some time to read up on everything about it. But, I have been watching my portions and trying to eat more fruits/veggies and less chips. In fact, I don't think I have had chips in almost two weeks. Those used to be a staple in my lunch at work everyday. I haven't really been working out much, besides a few walks every now and then. Nothing like I used to do earlier this year. I'm really ready to move into our house so that I can use my elliptical and run through the neighborhood. We should be closing within a month from tomorrow, so I don't have too much longer until I can really form a regular schedule for everything.

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
I am obese as per the BMI. So I reject it as a valid tool ;))

For chocolate, I eat Fiber One brownies - they are actually pretty good...and 90 cals. We will only be buying one bag of candy for halloween this year - we were so convinced last year that we would have tons of kids come to our door... but NONE.

Down 12.7 total. After the last 2 days of spin class, I lost like 2 pounds in 2 days. Cray.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Way to go ladies! You all are doing so well.

I had another really bad week. I was sick and missed several days of work. Didn't do so well with food. Small gain, weighed in at 166.8. Back on the wagon. With our "deadline" a week from today and being so far from goal, I'm throwing in the towel on meeting it. I'm not setting any more time deadlines and am just going to focus on 5 lbs at a time. I'm setting it at 165 (short ways away from where I am now) and then will go to 160, 155, 150, etc.

166.8: Weight 9/30

26.0: Loss To Date
01.8: Pounds to Mini Goal of 165

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
audball, I'm glad you aren't making any more time deadlines. While sometimes they can be very motivating, I feel like things always happen that get in your way, like getting sick. I know this always happens to me and then I end up super frustrated that I didn't meet my goal. Focusing on 5 pounds at a time is a great idea!

audball

Ideal_Rock
MayFlowers|1349048923|3277084 said:
audball, I'm glad you aren't making any more time deadlines. While sometimes they can be very motivating, I feel like things always happen that get in your way, like getting sick. I know this always happens to me and then I end up super frustrated that I didn't meet my goal. Focusing on 5 pounds at a time is a great idea!
Thanks MF. I feel really disappointed in myself that I didn't make it. I figure I have enough stress in my life, putting deadlines on myself isn't going to help. As long as it keeps coming off, I need to learn to be okay with that and accept the small victories. It'll be great to feel victorious each time you hit a goal, and at every 5 lbs, you should get to celebrate a victory at least once a month. This is my hope...anyway.

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
The time deadlines ARE rough. I try more to make "projections" of where I'd like to be based on a 2#/week loss (which Im so fat that I am actually capable of) just so I have an idea of how long it will take to be physically happy again. Even so, Im trying not to put much stock in it.

Officially down 13.3 lbs. Only 49 to go :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: If Im at 2#/wk, that takes me somewhere into February. :errrr: :errrr: :errrr:

Its all good. Hope you guys are doing well too.

audball

Ideal_Rock
LJL|1349188435|3278026 said:
The time deadlines ARE rough. I try more to make "projections" of where I'd like to be based on a 2#/week loss (which Im so fat that I am actually capable of) just so I have an idea of how long it will take to be physically happy again. Even so, Im trying not to put much stock in it.

Officially down 13.3 lbs. Only 49 to go :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: If Im at 2#/wk, that takes me somewhere into February. :errrr: :errrr: :errrr:

Its all good. Hope you guys are doing well too.
They really are. I stress about projections too, though. Thinking if I do this that or the other I'll be here. That never seems to work out for me either. Life always manages to get in the way and I lose none one week, small gain here, big loss there, it's not always consistent.

I have a minimum of another 31.8 lbs to go (would put me at my highest acceptable end of 135) to as much as 56.8 lbs to go (putting me at my I can't believe I could actually weigh anything less than that and not look sick end of 110).

Ideally I'd love to do 2# a week and get there as quickly as possible (around 6 months to the lowest end of my goal), but to be realistic with holidays, illnesses, normal setbacks, etc, I'm really hoping to be at goal by our anniversary next summer (mid July). But that's just a hope. As long as it keeps coming off and I keep moving forward/making progress, I'll continue to be as happy as I can about that.

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
down 13.9 ... .slowly slowly creeping down in weight. Just have to keep reminding myself that I will get to where I need to be eventually. I am sort of projecting a "done" date in the spring sometime where I will have a good spring break and when SO and I might take engagement pictures.

But it is hard sometimes. Last night we were at the bar, and I was already consuming millions of calories in booze... and then people ordered burgers.. it was sad for me, but I was happy for myself when I didnt get one. Small victories!

audball

Ideal_Rock
LJL|1349452772|3279916 said:
down 13.9 ... .slowly slowly creeping down in weight. Just have to keep reminding myself that I will get to where I need to be eventually. I am sort of projecting a "done" date in the spring sometime where I will have a good spring break and when SO and I might take engagement pictures.

But it is hard sometimes. Last night we were at the bar, and I was already consuming millions of calories in booze... and then people ordered burgers.. it was sad for me, but I was happy for myself when I didnt get one. Small victories!
Way to go! A little a time. Good job for passing on the burgers! It's hard when others are eating things you want to have.

I'll weigh in tomorrow. We did well all week. I hoping to hit the 165 but we shall see!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Weighed in! Happy with this weeks results. Back on track we are!

164.4: Weight 10/7

28.4: Loss To Date
ZERO Pounds to Mini Goal of 165! Met goal 10/7

New Mini Goal - 160

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
great job audball! yay for meeting goals and losing more weight!

... Im still chugging along. Down 14.1#, still going to spin classes, etc. Im starting (just a little bit) to feel a bit better physically - like to be able to tell myself that Im a little smaller - or maybe its just feeling more "in shape" or something. either way, im not mad at it!

audball

Ideal_Rock
LJL|1349825122|3282453 said:
great job audball! yay for meeting goals and losing more weight!

... Im still chugging along. Down 14.1#, still going to spin classes, etc. Im starting (just a little bit) to feel a bit better physically - like to be able to tell myself that Im a little smaller - or maybe its just feeling more "in shape" or something. either way, im not mad at it!
Thanks! Little by little!

It's always so great when you start *feeling* it. Congrats on the progress!

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
down 15.3.... only 4.7 more til I get that damn Tiffany charm enhancer necklace! thanks mum!!!

Hows everyone else doing?? I keep telling myself how fun it will be to lose weight in winter because I will be all covered up and it will be a big unveiling in spring...! lol, GOING CRAZY OVER HERE!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Way to go LJL! That necklace will be a nice 20 lbs down gift!

We ate pretty well this week but didn't manage to work out like last week. And I ate pretty much at my calorie limit everyday and even went over one or two days (not by a lot). Our weigh in is tomorrow and I'm not expecting it to be super good. Here's hoping it's not a gain or at least not a big one :-/

The next two weeks are going to be rough-ish too. We have a birthday party next weekend with food we can't control and cake we're been assigned to bring. And the weekend after is a Halloween party at my friend's for the weekend. It'll be a really good time but between food, snacks, candy, drinks...it's not going to bode well for us on the scale.

I hope we can work out better these next two weeks so that the splurges over the weekend don't completely kill us.

I'll update with the numbers tomorrow! Keep it up ladies. You all inspire me to stay on track.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Weighed in. Not a gain. Teeny loss of 0.2.

164.2: Weight 10/14

28.6: Loss To Date
01.4: Pounds Until Current Mini Goal of 160

Mini Goal of 165 met on 10/7!

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
down 16.3... I SWEAR I lose more weight on days when I dont work out. I think Im "building muscle" or something. I get why its important but its a pain when I work my butt off and dont lose. ugh

....still going strong though!

audball

Ideal_Rock
LJL|1350667181|3288649 said:
down 16.3... I SWEAR I lose more weight on days when I dont work out. I think Im "building muscle" or something. I get why its important but its a pain when I work my butt off and dont lose. ugh

....still going strong though!
OMG! I so know what you mean. I hadn't been working out until this week. I really wanted to kick up a notch to get over this hump that 's been holding me hostage for weeks.

I have worked out everyday this week. Twice on Monday. I had a lunch at work today so I decided to weigh in this AM to see how it was going and I was only down 1 lb! I know it's a pound, but seriously, I can lose that without busting my ass every day. Our official weigh in isn't until Sunday but I was so beyond disappointed.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Weighed in. Decent loss of 2lbs this week! Best news...I'm officially down over THIRTY pounds, 30.6 to be exact!!

162.2: Weight 10/20

30.6: Loss To Date
02.2: Pounds Until Current Mini Goal of 160

Mini Goal of 165 met on 10/7!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
You ladies are SO good at this. I tip my hat to you!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I am doing absolutely BALLS with the no-soda diet. I am awesome at it, but I ALWAYS cave eventually. I have to visit the dentist next week (first visit in 7-8 years SCARED) and I know they will kick my ass re: sugary drinks. A $1000 + dental bill ought to do it.

The food part is going fairly well, and I am keeping under my terror-number weight wise. So thats something. Summer is around the corner, and now that I have deemed myself too old to wear short-shorts I have no real motivation! :tongue:

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
I have cut out soda somewhat Chewbacca, but always use it as a treat. As long as I dont keep diet cokes in the house, we're good! I think of it as the way to splurge when we go out to dinner - then I get a boring healthy meal with it. Its hard to go cold turkey like that on something that is such a big part of your life.

Down 16.7. The going is quite slow.... A snails pace at this point. Off to spin...! :roll:

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
Down 17.7

only 2.3 more until I get that damn Tiffany charm enhancer! Which will be useless until I get my freakin ring!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Keep it up ladies! I haven't weighed in and won't be for this week. We've had two straight bad weeks so I'm not expecting anything good. We'll resume our healthy eating tomorrow and weigh in next week. Hopefully the damage isn't too bad! We've got to be good until Thanksgiving!

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
...hope your weigh in is good audball.

I am down 18.5 but its honestly just recently occurred to me how long this is going to take. Just to get to a "good" place (not my ultimate goal), I have about 30 more pounds. At this rate, that will take me another 4 months or so. Then it will be another 15 to my real goal and I anticipate another 2+ months for that. Its kinda sad to think about. I guess it DID take me a few years to put this weight on so I shouldn't be surprised if it takes 8-10 months to get it off, but thats a long freakin time! I'd like to be attractive again for springtime!

keep the hard work up ladies!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Well we ended up not weighing in! Kind of unintentionally. We both slept badly Saturday night and woke up like zombies Sunday morning. Kind of just started getting ready and had breakfast already before we'd realized we didn't weigh in! So I have no numbers update. But we are doing our best to stay on track. We know we likely won't have hefty losses from now through the end of the year. Any loss will be great, but we're mostly concerned with enjoying our favorite time of the year and NOT undoing what work we've already done. I don't want to start over in January up the 30 lbs I've managed to lose the last few months. So that's us for now!

You're doing so well LJL! Keep it up! :) :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results