shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW Bootcamp

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
Re: Bridal Bootcamp anyone?

MayFlowers, congrats! The cough that I had all last week-- it started at night, too. I didn't work out the whole 7 days before Thanksgiving due to coughing. Thanksgiving day I went to the gym and did the elliptical and that was pretty rough. Hope you can avoid what I had!

Katey, congrats on your loss, too! You did AWESOME this week!

I did not lose or gain any weight during the break. As noted above I hadn't exercised in a long time, so I went to the gym on Thanksgiving and had to do a short workout due to coughing, and then Black Friday I walked for hours, but no workout Friday and Saturday. I still have some coughs but I feel about 96% back to normal so I'm going back to the gym this week, beginning today. As for eating, some days that I was home I underate and some days I overate, but tried not to go over or under by more than 100 calories and tried to make sure that I ate under as much as I ate over. So I guess it worked since my weight is still the same. But with being sick and the holidays I've been at 134 for a couple of weeks now and I'm ready to get losing again!

OH, and my favorite part!!-- when I started the diet I had just gone to Old Navy and bought a size 10 jeans, which was part of my wakeup call. On Black Friday I bought a size SIX!! :) (Although it may be a week or two before they lose their slightly-too-tight-by-just-a-hair aspect.) I also had bought a dress about two months before starting the diet and when I went home I had to bring it to a seamstress to take it in all over!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

That's great that you went down so many sizes UnluckyTwin! I'm at a size 10, maybe even a 12 in some stores, right now and a size 6 is my goal size. I have always been larger in my thighs and hips unfortunately so I don't know if that is even possible for me. But, I'm glad to hear you're getting over your cough. Hopefully I get over mine soon too. I'm also starting to lose my voice and get that lump-in-your-throat feeling. Blagh.

And congrats Katey on your loss! That's fantastic especially for a Thanksgiving week!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Ditto about hips and thighs (and butt)-- always been small on top and big on bottom. In fact my bikini this summer was an XS top and XL bottom. Geez! Pants sizes always throw me off anyway. I wish women had standard sizes like men, but at least I always get my jeans from the same store so I don't have to do so much guess work on sizes. Still, while the sizes 8 and 10 that I've been wearing have really started to get so baggy on me during the day, they still require me to suck in a bit to get them to button straight out of the dryer. Makes me nervous that while the 6 was just fitting, they'll be impossible to get on at first. :nono:

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Ugh I know what you mean about fresh out of the dryer jeans!! I loathe having to wash them, haha. I'm still not able to go down a size yet. It seems that my legs have slimmed down from the mid thigh area and down. The waist/butt area is a bit slower to go away. I'm in like a goofy transition phase. I'm holding out for new clothes until I get where I want to be.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Katey I saw on the news yesterday that WW changed its point system again, although I was at the gym listening to my iPod so I didn't hear the broadcast. Do you know yet what they're doing differently? I remember soon after I finished the WW program about 7 years ago that they changed to having the Flex points where throughout the week you had 35 points to distribute to "cheating." I remember wondering how that was going to work because you could basically go from eating 22 points a day to 29 points a day and I thought that was counterintuitive since 22 points a day was the number that would get you to lose weight. Never understood that. Haven't heard the new changes yet but I'm wondering, since weight loss = calories consumed - calories burned, how the Points changes impact calorie consumption. I think I saw something about fruits now counting as 0 but I know there's 50 calories per cup of strawberries and those ain't free! :(

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Oh my goodness Weight Watchers is totally different. So far it's driving me insane only because I just got used to the old plan and I hate change, haha. So the breakdown is that most fruit and vegetables are zero points now. They no longer consider calories when calculating points. The formula focuses on fat, protein, carbs, and fiber. A lot of stuff I used to eat went up in points so I'm trying to adjust.

So where I used to have 19 points daily I know have 29 because the food pointage has increased (even though so far I've eaten the same foods). The good news is that kickboxing for 45 minutes gives back 7 points (of which I never eat). I get 49 points for a weekly allowance and I barely use those either. I am successful sticking to my daily points. The science behind it is tracking energy after what you eat and how with exercise it can impact weight loss. If you eat the wrong things it can really drive your points up. They are focused on "clean" eating...so more natural foods and less processed junk.

My issue now is trying eat more fruits and veggies. I am so picky so there's only a few fruits I actually like. It'll take some getting used to but I will manage. That's the basic gist of the new plan. As I get more into it I can let you know what else is going. I started the new plan yesterday and it pretty much corresponds to our weigh ins here so we'll see how I do come the weekend!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Complicated! I can't believe they don't take calories into account any more. But I'm sure the new plan will work, too, and I like that they're adding "clean" foods to portion control. That to me sounds like healthy eating for sure!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Yeah I was reading about all the changes too. They said the points change is to help people to focus on the fact that its worse to eat 100 calories of potato chips than it is to eat 100 calories of strawberries. So, like Katey said, they are trying to move people to less processed food.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Well I'm surprised to say I lost this week. Weighed in at 132.4, down about 1.5 pounds from the two-weeks-steady-134. I've been counting calories but I've been major sick (AGAIN!--must have picked up airplane germs when I flew at Thanksgiving) so I only went to the gym Monday and Tuesday before the cold hit Tuesday night. So I didn't really expect to lose just counting calories and two days at the gym. I still feel like junk but at least got some medicine from the doc so it's (very slowly) getting better. And it needs to-- I have final exams starting tomorrow and I need to be able to think clearly!

How is everyone else this week? Natalie, long time no hear! Hopefully all is going well and you are just busy getting ready for your holiday. :)

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

I gained .5 but I know exactly why. I was doing really well during the week but this weekend I realized we need to go to the grocery store but that didn't make it into the plans. We ended up doing takeout from a pizza shop on Friday and then Saturday we went Christmas shopping and ate lunch at the mall. I was not paying too much attention and I paid for it. But it's only a half pound so I'll deal.

New WW is not bad. Some of my foods stayed the same and some doubled in points values. Overall I'm managing just fine.

I'll be back on track this week!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

As far as I'm concerned, .5 could even just be water weight, especially if your mall meal was high in salt. Good for you for brushing it off and sticking to your guns! :) Good luck this week.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

So today I weighed in at 131.0, down exactly 15 pounds from when I started at 146.0 on 9-5-10. Suh-weet! It's also good to be over the hump from being sick, when I hung out at 134 for a couple of weeks. I also took my measurements today since it's been 4 weeks since I last did so. Still continuing to lose inches in most places, excluding, unfortunately, my thighs. They're smaller than when I began but the same size as 4 weeks ago. (Then again, I only lost a couple of pounds this month with all the sickness.) Made it to the gym three times this week, so I'm pretty much back on track with that. This week will be the last week of school so I've got to finish a couple of projects and then my parents are coming to town for graduation, but I should be able to make regular gym trips. And then soon it'll be Christmas and there will be fudge and cookies-- eek!

How did everyone else do?

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock

Sorry I didn't check in last week, it just completely slipped my mind!

This week I still weigh the same as I did two weeks ago--144.3. Last week was my last week of school and I was busy finishing things up and getting things ready for student teaching next semester. Plus, I was also still getting over that horrible cough. It is almost entirely gone now. I still have a few coughing fits here and there, but working out is much easier on my lungs now than it was last week. I also finished out my last week at my second job this past week as well. I'm really looking forward to all the free time I will have for these next few weeks before starting my student teaching full time.

captainmcgee

Shiny_Rock

Hi ladies,

Ok so I just started a new eating plan with a dietitian. I used to model full time and then I decided to go back and finish my degree. It was around this time that I met my SO. He is a professional sportsman which= a lot of food. While studying I just didn't notice the weight gain and now with the ring almost complete I have realised I really need to get my butt moving.

I will be weighing in twice a month to be consitant with my dietitian meetings and her scale (plus I don't have any) but I will be active in this area listing my goals met etc.

My goals:

To lose 36 pounds.
Height: 5'11
Weight: 159
Goal Weight: 123
Daily goal: workout for at least 1 hour and to stick to my meal plan.
Long-term goal: To wear a bikini
Time frame: 1 year

I am quite nervous about posting here but I need the support.

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

After behaving really well this week I am down 2.4 pounds! I am now at 133.8 and I think my gain last week was a fluke after what I had eaten the day before. I am still not quite able to go down a jeans size. My damn thighs just won't cooperate!

Only 13 more pounds to go till I hit my goal! :bigsmile:

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

What a great check-in day! I love hearing from everyone.

MayFlowers, congrats on wrapping up the semester! And on maintaining and not gaining! I hope you enjoy the next few weeks. I'm going to try to enjoy them too, but the spring semester is right around the corner and I too start teaching (college! eek!) in January. Plus it's grad school so there's definitely work to do over the break. :(

Mif, I'm glad to hear you've spoken with a dietician. I think the 120s sound very thin for someone who is 5'11" (that's my goal and I'm only 5'2") but I have a hard time visualizing that so I hope the consultation with the dietician means it's a healthy weight for you. Your plan to check in here often but only weigh-in every two weeks sounds great! I wish I could weigh-in less often-- I've now gotten into the habit of getting on the scale every single morning (only officially counting it on Sundays, but still). What does your meal plan involve? Just counting calories? Getting in certain portions of carbs/fruits/veggies/fat? Just curious.

Katey, holy wow! You are going to drop those 13 pounds in no time at all at that rate! WW has been very good for you. Are you still finding that you are able to eat enough throughout the day with the new points system? Congrats (and I hear you about the thighs-- no change in mine over the last month and only 2" since I started the diet).

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

Thanks, Unlucky! It's funny my app on my iPhone for WW gave me a message when I logged my weight this week to make sure I'm losing it the right way. I chuckled a bit and then wondered if I'm doing something wrong! I know my kickboxing program has a lot to do with it. I have found that I am able to eat enough on the new points plan. When I eat badly, the points reflect it. So I make sure to eat better foods which leaves me plenty of points and I'm never hungry which is important to me. I think the new system is working exactly as WW intended so far. I am VERY happy with this program. Makes me kick myself that I didn't do it sooner!

captainmcgee

Shiny_Rock

UnluckyTwin, I used to model full time and I saw her then and I am wanting to get back into it as I have finished full time study and have promosing opportunities again now I am free and to do so 120s is where I need to be at but in saying that if I get close to around there or even just lose half the weight and feel happy and decide against going back into it then I will just do maintenance. She believes it will be healthy and that it can be done in a year. She is full accredited and if it were unhealthy I believe she would say so.

My meal plan is carbs once a day so as not to so she says "flick the insulin switch" more than once a day so fat is not stored (hope I got that right). So carbs are at dinner, although this is unconventional as most people believe more carbs in the morning is better, with my situation it works out because I can control my breakfast and lunch but when my SO comes home due to his job carbs are important and I love my carbs so it works out better to eat them at dinner :) so far it is working I think. For the rest of the meals 125g of protein per meal, one serve of good fat so like 1/8th of a large avocado or a dessert spoon of olive oil on salad etc and as much of what she calls "free foods" (I think it must work similarly to WW) as you like, whenever so salad, berries, certain vegetables, diet drinks etc. Oh and calcium between meals so diet yoghurt or a cube of cheese, there are lots of options.

My first weigh in will be next Tuesday so let you know then. More than likely I will stuff up over xmas and new years ekkk!!!

Today's goal: Get through my training session and stick to my meal plan.

Yesterdays goal: Completed: 1.5hrs of Cardio and meal plan stuck to.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Congrats on completing yesterday's goal! I'm sure you'll do great today, too.

captainmcgee

Shiny_Rock

Completed today's exercise goal- massive massive session but very rewarding.

So far keeping on track :)

inflorescence

Shiny_Rock

Great idea to aim for an overall healthy lifestyle with eating right and exercising!!

I am a biology major with a minor in nutrition! So if you ladies want any advice/ help in regards to food im here to help.

Remember when dieting to eat, it is ideal to have six small meals throughout the day then snacking here and there OR having 3 large meals. (also better for your teeth-finish meals with cheese if you can't brush, restores the pH of your mouth to neutral and therefore decreases the likelyhood of cavities :))

The biggest challenge I find is to eat servings not portions!! Just this can drastically change your lifestyle, it does take awhile to get use to, especially if you are use to large portions.
This means youou can still eat want you want, within moderation! =) YAY!

If you want an outline of servings for you let me know, its based on your metabolism, exercise level, age etc... everyone is different. It will take me a few days but if you are interested I can get some of your details and help you out.

Avoid suppliment pills whenever possible, its the best for your body to eat the real thing, sometimes people over load on certain vitamins/minerlas and it can cause more harm then good.

Water, makes you smarter, healthier, and better skin... its incredible. They say to drink 8 cups a day of liquid (this isn't glasses.. so no need to think you will float away.. haha...) That's only 2L of water, another thing to consider is this can be from juice as well (100%, not the sugar filled stuff)

A really important thing to know for the gym.... weight yourself before. Then after. Now subtract the difference. For every pound lost in your workout session multiple by 2! This is how many cups of water you need to drink to replenish yourself after working out=)

Hope some of this is new, if not, sorry for the long post... :oops:

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Thanks for all that info! I never knew that about finishing a meal with cheese. 24 years old and no cavities yet and I'd like to keep it that way! I also had never heard the formula you provided at the end for drinking water after a workout. I know it's super important to replinish your liquids and I'm generally pretty thirsty but I still don't think I get in enough water each day. :oops: I'm very bad about that.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Just a quick vent-- feeling sucky about the weight loss this week. I've tracked all my calories and been to the gym three times. My family is in town for graduation today, and I know I'm going to go a over calories with dinner out, cake, and wine, so I thought I should weigh-in this morning because tomorrow morning I may be on the heavier side. 132.4 = 1.4 pound "gain" this week. I don't know if I really gained or if it's just water weight or what, but it seems like it's getting harder to lose the weight than it was the first 10 weeks of the diet (and I haven't been cheating). I'm determined not to cheat over the holidays (although what with going back home I may not get in as much exercise), but I feel like several weeks from now I'm still going to weigh the same that I do now and the weeks will have been a waste. I want to see those numbers drop, dang it! Anywho. I'll weigh myself tomorrow morning but the 132.4 may be my official weigh-in for the week if tomorrow looks even crazier. Hope y'all are having better luck.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Huh... well, I ate like whoa yesterday, like I knew I would. Three egg whites, a cup of grapes, a piece of biscotti, hashed potatoes with cheese, a blueberry bagel with cream cheese, several crackers and small pieces of bread, a few pieces of cheese, dried cherries, lemon tea, two larger pieces of bread dipped in oil, half an entree of pasta and vegetables in tomato sauce, two glasses of wine (a several glasses of water since wine is dehydrating), and THREE pieces of cake. Happy Master's graduation to me! With ALL of that, when I got on the scale this morning (just to see the damage done) I was down THREE POUNDS from when I got on the scale yesterday morning. I went from 132.4 to 129.6 in one day. So while I thought I gained 1.5 pounds this week as of my post yesterday, it now appears that I LOST 1.5 pounds this week (last week was 131.0). Who knows?! Ah well. Back on the horse-- it was just a one-day splurge and only my third time cheating since I began on 9-5-10 (the first was the State Fair, the second was Halloween), and I don't plan to cheat over the holidays, so let's hope these last pounds come off quickly. I'm finally in the 120s (albeit barely) and that's my goal so almost there!

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

I lost .6 this week. Didn't eat badly or any different than normal. No complaints though...still a loss. Hoping for no gain this week! It sucks that I weigh myself on Sundays because it involves Christmas Eve and Christmas Day...yuck. BUT!

I am in smaller pants!!! I was curious and went through my jeans to see if I made any progress and I am proud to say that I can add two pairs of jeans to my wardrobe!!!!

Unlucky, what time of day do you weigh yourself? My doctor informed me to weigh myself in the morning after using the bathroom so that I am empty...TMI i know but it gives you a more accurate weight. He also said that the food you eat can take up to 3 days to exit the body depending on what it is which can account for some of the fluctuation. I also don't weigh myself anymore than once a week because if I start doing that I'll lose my mind! :bigsmile:

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Haha YAY for new pants!!!!!

I also weigh in the morning after using the bathroom. I know I shouldn't weigh every day-- that habit developed about a month into the diet and I can't break it. (Although I was so tired today I forgot.)

captainmcgee

Shiny_Rock

Ladies, weighed in today.

I lost 1.5 kilos and 2% body fat yay!! That was in 2 weeks and I had a few cheeky drinks and chocolate at family christmas on saturday so feeling very good.

Had a massive session today with my trainer and have kept on track so feeling really good!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

You made me break out a kilo-to-pound conversion chart. ;-) Congrats on the loss! Curious, how do you calculate your body fat? Did you use one of those gadgets or is it just something you do with pencil and paper? Keep up the good work!

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock

Well I am at my parents' house for the holidays so I'm not on my usual (digital) scale. It says 129, which is a 0.6 loss from last week. I haven't exercised at all and though I've been mindful of calories I know I went over yesterday and may have (but hope not) had some estimation errors in the last few days since I'm eating a lot of stuff cooked by other people (although still making 90% of my food myself so I know how many calories there are). So I'm going to check my weight on my digital scale Wednesday morning when I'm back at home and hope it's still about the same. Good luck to all of you!

kateydid05

Shiny_Rock

I gained .8 but I don't really care, haha!! I was only able to work out one day this week with all the holiday stuff going on. Then Thurs, Fri, and Sat were festivities. While my portions were under control, the type of food (pasta and cookies) was not great...but soooo worth it so I'll take the .8! It could have been a lot worse and in weeks past the .8 doesn't mean that much to me anyway. I expect to be back on track now!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results