shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW Bootcamp

vetrogrl

Rough_Rock
Thanks CurlySue!! I''ll try implementing small changes at first then building to tweaking my overall diet :)

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Wow! So now that I am ENGAGED!!!! I NNEEEED to lose weight! My dream would be 60 pounds by our wedding, we are shooting for Saturday August 14th 2010. I know I am capable, but I need to put fourth the effort. Now that I have SERIOUS
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
motivation, I know I will be more inclined to stay on plan(weight wathcers that is). Even though I am no longer a LIW I will still be posting and keeping up with all you ladies on our journey to healthier lives!

Laura
9.gif

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!

Okay, so diet wise....i so....totally....didnt do bad!
31.gif
......Thursday- C and i went out to dinner with friends, and i had like 2 baked ravolis.....wasnt that hungry, than saturday, i worked out a lot, between running errands, cleaning house and working out, i didnt do bad. No breakfast, but had left over ravolis( still have some still) andthan for dinner a had like 2 strips of bacon
18.gif
and half a pancake. Than went out dancing after that! Than yesturday had half a waffle, C''s idea and than a bunless burger, bunless hotdog and lots of yummy fruit! ooo and a small drink! Sipping on water now....kind of hungry, but will have to wait till i get home! So how is everyone doing on bootcamp!

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
what a long weekend... but i did okay, and got in a 3 mile run yesterday (wanted a 5, but i just wasnt feeling up to it). good with my eating even though it was a holiday weekend...

this weeks goals...

Monday - Work out class
Tuesday - Walking, elliptical
Wednesday - Work out class
Thursday - Walking, elliptical, weights
Friday - Running/hike (3 miles
Saturday - rest
Sunday - 5 mile run/hike

Additional Goals: no soda (not even diet), no baked goods, lots of water and tea.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
I havent done too bad today. Had a burger earlier, but was eating on the run, no fries, and no soda. Tonight ill cook hamburger helper, C''s favorite...he can be so simple sometimes. Than ill do half an hour of cardio and crunches

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
So im doing well on the diet....cant wait to weigh in tommorow morning...i have to remeber to do it in the morning! Makes a big difference! But today doing well had slimfast for breakfast and watermelon for lunch, probably will skip din din....and just work out

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
WEIGH IN DAY.......YAY!

Weighed mysrlf this morning, and lost anothe 2 lbs so that makes the count 17

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
Goal Weight: 140 (BMI = 23.2)
Starting Weight: 168
Current Weight: 166 (BMI = 27.6) down 2 pounds - better than put 2 I guess
Weekly Goal: for week of 7/12-7/18 - 4 days of exercise

I did really good this week for the most part, my mom''s 50th Birthday was on Wednesday so we went out to eat, and I had cake, but I got in 3 really good workouts (which is really good for how busy I''ve been this week) and plan on doing a 5K on my elliptical tonight or running it...

Hope everyone had a good week...

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
ugh! I''m having an UBER fat day!! I feel out of control! I ate almost an entire bag of full fat kettle corn today. When I realized what I had done I spit out what i had in my mouth and threw the rest in the garbage! (sorry for the gross detail!
14.gif
) Yuck. I need to get control of myself. I stayed out of the house for almost 6 hours, walking around the outlet center that we have up here (I''m a teacher so I have oodles of free time now). It was beautiful out so at least I got some excersie. I am hoping tomorrow is a better day! Here''s to refoucusing!

9.gif

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
ehhhh., i just had an okay weekend for dieting. Im at 20 lbs of weightloss, not happy with it, but i reliaze even if i just lose a little at a time, its better than nothing. Goal for the week, 5 days of excerise and under 1200 for the day all week. Come on ladies, lets keep it up

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hello ladies! I hope it isn''t too late to join. I''d like to join up with you being that I appareantly gained 4 pounds over the last couple of weeks
20.gif
I''m usually so good at maintaning my weight. I don''t know what happened other than maybe eating too many french fries as of late.

Goal weight: 110
Current weight: 115/114
Daily/Weekly goals: eat healtier food and walk longer at lunch
Long-term goal: see my stomach a little flatter and be able to fit into ALL of my clothes and not just most of them. Look good in that one dress I have instead of looking slightly pregnant in it.

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
I had a fatty weekend full of NO EXERCISE!!! and it felt great! Back on track for the week!

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, ladies!

I have been totally MIA for the last week and a half b/c I was off work and refused to spend my time off online. But I''m back now!

So... bad news. I tweaked my knee last week and it hasn''t improved much. (Backstory - I had knee surgery about two years ago to fix a torn meniscus, and while it was much improved after the surgery, my knee just wasn''t the same... so this is more like a potential re-injury, though I''m not sure if it''s serious yet). Thus, I am not going to be doing much exercising until I see improvement or see a doctor. Ugh.

Good news is that prior to the knee tweakage, I was a walking maniac!! So I got about five days of hour-long walks in.

My eating has been kind of weird since I haven''t been at work. I''ve been eating fewer, larger meals, but this week am going back to my smaller meals. Luckily, being "off plan" last week didn''t have much of an impact. My weight has not budged in either direction.

Anyway... I haven''t read the prior posts yet (still catching up), but I hope everyone is doing well... and Bjedi - congrats on your engagement!!

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, so I haven''t seen it in this thread so far -- has anyone here tried Crunchless Abs? I keep seeing commercials for it, and I''m intrigued. I really want to know what that one move is from the commercial where the instructor is holding a towel and somehow rotating her midsection -- it looks like it would be awesome for the obliques!

I Googled about it, and found out that ordering from their site is a big no-no (I guess they sign you up for a subscription type thing and keep charging you?) but I saw one of the DVD''s on exercise.tv (where it''s just the DVD and not any subscription services) and was thinking about ordering.

Yay or nay?

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Mmmmm, ive never heard of them, i prefer old fashion, get on the ground crunches myself, but this is something ill look into just to break up the routine. So i did bad yesturday, i had a cup of noodles, a small bag of cookies, some ribs and a few chips....thats so bad for me. Normally im really good, but ive been stressed at work with my current family im working with. Thankfully, im all done and can get back on track. Weighed myself today and havent gained or lost anymore weight. Img onna have to up the excerise and lower the calories i see
27.gif

4ever

Ideal_Rock
I may be abit late in joining but would really like to participate. I need to change my lifestyle and think having encoragement from some women in the same boat would really help me become motivated to help myself.

Backround: My weight tends to go up and down every few years. I eat healthy and exersize my ass off, feel fantastic, look good and regain my self esteme.....then I get lazy, start eating more then the nessesary amount of ''treats'', gain the weight back and then some, get depressed and feel horrible about myself untill the motivation comes back and I loose weight again.
This yo-yo pattern is not good for my body or my mental wellbeing (or my desire not to collect strechmarks). Most of my dads family is obese and one of my worst fears would be to end up like that. I know how to eat healthy and exersize, I just need the motivation to keep it up, one day at a time.

Me right now:
Mentally- I feel discusting and discusted with myself for allowing this to happen AGAIN! I feel depressed and lathargic. I have been in denial, today is the first time in atleast a year I''ve been on the scales.
Fitness- Very low. I get puffed after 3 flights of stairs, I can''t run for probably more then a min or two. I''m shocked about how easy and quick it can be to go from reasonably fit to not at all.
weight: 81kgs (178lbs)
Hight: 177cm (5 foot 71/2inch)
BMI: 25.9 - over weight (
7.gif
owch!)

Goals:
Today: Drink 2L of water, have 3 healthy meals+ snacks of fruit if hungry, eat only when hungry, exersize for 30mins (fast walk/jog)
Short term: Find a fitness activity such as a sport or the gym which I can keep up and enjoy. Eat healthy.
Long term: loose 5- 10 kgs (11-22lbs) and sustain a healthy and comfortable weight between 70 and 75kgs (154 -165lbs) with a ''healthy'' BMI.

I feel more myself at around 72kgs, this is where I feel most happy, comfortable and confident.

Thank you for reading and for your support, I''ll need all the help I can get.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Just checking up on everyone''s progress and updating on how I am doing. I''ve had a few rough days or weekends here and there with food or exercise, but these past weeks have been busy with family functions and I was sick for part of one week. Even so, I think I am down about five pounds altogether. I''ve been at the gym at least three times a week for at least 45 minutes at a time (5 times last week, woo!). Doing a TON of cardio, mostly, that''s about all I have time for right now. I''ll start some more weight training soon. Eating less overall and choosing more healthy foods has been a struggle, but I am getting better at that.

I''ve noticed an attitude adjustment since I started all this exercising. I''ve been doing more "thoughtful" eating, really considering whether or not to have a snack or eat certain things, because I know how much work I''ll need to do at the gym to burn it off! LOL Gotta get my body ready for the engagement whirlwind set to begin in just over a week.
4.gif

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Edit to above post:

Hight: 177cm (5'' 10")

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
I am so happy that all the Bootcamp ladies are making healthier choices and doing well. A little goes a long way. I did okay today, had to go to the docs to weigh in, and a basic check up. He said he was proud of how much i lost in a month, and would have been happy if i dropped 4 lbs. LoL......but on the downside, my blood pressure was high, which is weird for me. Normally my blood pressure is low/normal

purelily

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I''d like to join!

I''m currently (i think i avoid the scale)
lbs: 170
heigh 5''2

I try to go to the gym four times a week and eat healthy, but my SO LOVES to eat out. Which is very very bad for dieting. I''m hoping reading (and participating) on this thread will help me stay focused :D

4ever

Ideal_Rock
It''s been almost a week (6 days) since I started behaving myself and I''ve lost 1kg. However, weight can fluxuate a kg on any given day so it may just be too early to tell if this is working.

I have been a very good girl with my food. I''ve been eating only when hungry, eating good stuff with one "treat" a day to keep me sain. I''ve been drinking truck loads of water and herbal tea to keep the hydration up. I have increased my exersize a bit but probably could be doing alot more if I could be bothered.

I feel alot better about myself when I''ve not been shoveling crap food into my mouth. I am having a (hopefuly) irational pannic today that I might be pregnant, but other then that everything is going well.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Three updates for me!

1) I ordered that DVD. I''ll report back here once it arrives, and let y''all know if it''s any good.

2) I decided to officially cut out carbonated beverages. No more Diet Coke for me! It''s going to be tough, but I think swapping out soda for h2o is going to be good. I''m going to switch to green tea if I need caffeine; I think it''s a healthier choice.

3) I found a cuuuute cute workout top at REI today, and it was on sale!

yogatop.jpg

kagordo4

Shiny_Rock
I hope I''m not too late to join this group. OMGosh I need it. I gained a lot of college weight. boo..
okay so stats right.. uhh
I''m 5''4"
Current weight: 142
Goal Weight: 115
Short Term Goals: more water, and encouraging the beau to work out with me atleast three times a week.

Oh college what did you do to me.....

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
WELCOME to all the new ladies who joined this board. It thiink it helps, it has helped me. I havent posted in awhile, but am getting back on the wagon, i did better when i posted than not.

So for me, i havent lost anymore weight, but i havent put it back on, so i guess its good.
Goal for today- nothing but liquids, im cleaning out my system, so more water water water. Also do at least 200 crunches and at least 20 minutes of yoga.

So i didnt do bad yesturday, i had 2 cookies with my lunch which was chicken. For breakfast i had a slim-fast, than dinner was a steak with green beans. So not too bad, and about 4 bottles of water.

Lets keep it up ladies, goals arent too far away
36.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Alright, so I''m signing up for a triathlon this October! My friend did one yesterday, and it was so hard for me to just be a spectator...I wanted to jump in the pool and race with them!

It''s been FOREVER since I''ve been on a bike, though, so I''m setting it up right now and watching a movie from the trainer. We''ll see how long I last
1.gif
Hopefully I''ll make it for at least half an hour...I have a 20mi ride to prepare for!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
o yay...congrats MissKitty, you HAVE to let us know how it went. Not doing bad on the diet, im at like 25 LBS....im trying to get another 10 off by my bday since ill be going on vaca, and would love to be a size smaller

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Oh man, I made it 45 minutes on the bike and today I am SORE! B says that cycling is one of the best ways to shed pounds, though. Last summer, when he biked 50 miles a week (which really isn''t a lot if you divide it up), he lost almost 15 lbs in a month!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
O Holy Cow......im gonna have to take up biking!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s great that people want to get in shape and get healthy, but since when does a diet or eating healthy = starvation?

"had slimfast for breakfast and watermelon for lunch, probably will skip din din"

This is not a healthy diet. This is a starvation diet. Slim fast=220 cals, 1 cup watermelon =46 calories. That''s only 266 calories for an entire day when you''re working out. NOT. OK.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 1:52:42 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I think it''s great that people want to get in shape and get healthy, but since when does a diet or eating healthy = starvation?

''had slimfast for breakfast and watermelon for lunch, probably will skip din din''

This is not a healthy diet. This is a starvation diet. Slim fast=220 cals, 1 cup watermelon =46 calories. That''s only 266 calories for an entire day when you''re working out. NOT. OK.
Agreed...this is a recipe for disaster. Be careful ladies, you might not think it matters now but let me tell you. It will catch up to you. Please be careful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results