shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling madelise!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Throwing all my PS dust your way for registration tomorrow!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Did you ever get any other classes added madelise?

rsg -- I've seen you posting in other threads today...we need an update on your admission lady!

As for me...still waiting. April 15th is the last day for those who received letters to accept a position. I'll know no later than the 16th of this month!! Less than 2 weeks to go....

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't get in ;( so I'm promising myself to remain somewhat productive. I'm going to email my old coworker to get me in to do some observation hours at the hospital. And study for the GRE! Did you do any Kaplan or Princeton Review or the like programs, or read any books to help prep for the GRE?

audball

Ideal_Rock
Bummer! I did do a GRE prep class. That freaking test handed me my ass. I'm not so good at standardized tests. I didn't do Kaplan -- it was soooo pricey.

I did a class by Powerscore. I did their weekend package that had 16 hours of instruction (two 8 hour days) that covered a ton of tips/tricks. It was soooo helpful. And they offered a free retake of the course to refresh yourself after studying for awhile within a year. It was only $395 instead of the $1,200+ a lot of Kaplan and other programs were. My scores went up after having taken it.
http://www.powerscore.com/gre/weekend/content_index.cfm

I don't know if they're offered in California or not. I highly recommend them though!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks. My desperate pleas for advice on FB resulted in few suggestions that I just purchase the books and study on my own. That might be good, so I can peruse that horrible 6 hour time gap in between my courses. That, or maybe finally after years of saying I will, hit the gym? 8)

audball

Ideal_Rock
Aww, you'll be okay. Just the time for both, some studying, some gym time, and don't forget, some time to relax and have fun! Sooner or later grad school will tkae every second of your every day for awhile...enjoy the little bit of time while you can!

audball

Ideal_Rock
rsg!! We're still waiting?

audball

Ideal_Rock
audball|1333827459|3165803 said:
Still waiting........... ;(

AFM: should know something this time next week! AhhH! So nervous and excited about the possibilities!

Oh! And I ordered new glasses at the eye doctor yesterday! Can't wait until they get here next week! The whole time I was browsing and trying on glasses in my head I was thinking crazy things like "choose carefully, these will be the glasses you're going to start your AuD with!" and "choose carefully, these will be the glasses you'll be wearing when you get ENGAGED!" Ah, silly Pser, me. Haha.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
audball|1334171403|3168630 said:

Oh! And I ordered new glasses at the eye doctor yesterday! Can't wait until they get here next week! The whole time I was browsing and trying on glasses in my head I was thinking crazy things like "choose carefully, these will be the glasses you're going to start your AuD with!" and "choose carefully, these will be the glasses you'll be wearing when you get ENGAGED!" Ah, silly Pser, me. Haha.

Ohhh im so sorry i'm the worst PS'er! I have disappeared for a bit. Short list of reasons haha - Work has been messing with my hours, my FF hours have also been screwy making him home more often when i'm home, this not only hinders my girly dvr catching up, but also my PS activities haha, angry IUD...LOL i got talked into having one placed by my MD and i have been in hell ever since...SORRY TMI on that one :-o

Anyways...also on the short list is my admission status! Dumb school was supposed to tell us by March 31, but apparently someone quit in the office and apparently no one else can put GPAs in order lol so we are now told by April 15th. I have just had so much going on connecting with people on FB who applied, incl joining a FB group from my school that was probally the more informative to getting info on whats going on. (some people do their work share for student loans in the office where all this crap takes place!)

OHHHH so i do have a lot of catching up to do all over this forum...i'm sad to say it wont be happening tonight...im extremely busy at work and after work i have to pick up my brother from the airport! (midnight!) I'm hoping to do catching up on saturday! So i might be missing until then...

About the glasses though...I totally get the need to make sure you know you will look good! I'm legally blind without any sort of eyewear...i wear glasses 75% of the time and contacts the other 25%. I am a plastic frames kinda girl since even ultra thin my lenses are thick :((

I promise i will go back and catch up soon...

i hope you guys are doing well!! :wavey:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH RSG, you'll love the IUD after the initial cramping stage! I have had one in since summer of '10, and, well it's almost 2 years where I've been worry free and hormone free :D I know how much trouble it is to find a doctor to do it.. most don't want to do it until you've already had a child because a lot of people come back and want to take it out due to the horrible cramping. Tough it out, you'll be fine : ) and you can bitch to me about it ; ) if you need to. Are you looking at Mirena or Paragard? I had to go the Paragard way since I needed it to be hormone free. BCP and "the shot" have screwed my body and emotions over.

I've been keeping my eye on the calendar for the 15th for you, aud ;-) Counting down for you so I can congratulate you ;-) RSG now it makes it an easier count down; I can count down for the both of you! I can't wait to hear both your results. :appl:

Aud, I used to work at an optometry for 4 years and am the PICKIEST glasses-chooser ever for my patients. Let me know if you need help choosing, as these will be the "it" pair for such important occasions! Besides, I need to live vicariously through someone else's glasses pickings. I've actually missed wearing glasses SO MUCH since my Lasik. I have 3 pairs that I'm still holding onto for the day I need readers or some driving glasses if there's regression. :lol:

I think you look adorable in plastic frames. Just as PS-ers are picky with their jewelry, I am picky with the aesthetics and fit of glasses. I :love: that teal blue one you're wearing in one of your pictures. Maybe in a tortoise shell or all black color? The one you wore for graduation looks really nice, too. They're both flattering since they're sort of angled "up" at the lateral sides. It asserts confidence, power, and the like. Whereas glasses that "curve down" laterally look more passive. You need a "power pair" since you're going to hold a doctorates soon! :naughty: :appl:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, just kidding, I wasn't ready carefully. You already chose! I'm late to that party, :oops:. I hope you post pictures! Dr. Audball. Nice ring to it, hmm? ;))

You should prance around and say, "thats DOCTOR audball to YOU". I'd do it. Not even going to lie. I'd find a "scepter" and make SO call me Dr. for a while until I'm sick of it.

RSG, if you need to "hide" the sides of your glasses with thicker plastic frames, you can seek out frames with thick temples. Then you can get a few metal pairs as options as well. This is a really cheesy pair, but shows what I mean: http://www.lenscrafters.com/eyeglasses/14/vogue/6680615.

I miss working at an optometry :(

audball

Ideal_Rock
redsoxgrl|1334192433|3168902 said:
audball|1334171403|3168630 said:

Ohhh im so sorry i'm the worst PS'er! I have disappeared for a bit. Short list of reasons haha - Work has been messing with my hours, my FF hours have also been screwy making him home more often when i'm home, this not only hinders my girly dvr catching up, but also my PS activities haha, angry IUD...LOL i got talked into having one placed by my MD and i have been in hell ever since...SORRY TMI on that one :-o

Anyways...also on the short list is my admission status! Dumb school was supposed to tell us by March 31, but apparently someone quit in the office and apparently no one else can put GPAs in order lol so we are now told by April 15th. I have just had so much going on connecting with people on FB who applied, incl joining a FB group from my school that was probally the more informative to getting info on whats going on. (some people do their work share for student loans in the office where all this crap takes place!)

OHHHH so i do have a lot of catching up to do all over this forum...i'm sad to say it wont be happening tonight...im extremely busy at work and after work i have to pick up my brother from the airport! (midnight!) I'm hoping to do catching up on saturday! So i might be missing until then...

About the glasses though...I totally get the need to make sure you know you will look good! I'm legally blind without any sort of eyewear...i wear glasses 75% of the time and contacts the other 25%. I am a plastic frames kinda girl since even ultra thin my lenses are thick :((

I promise i will go back and catch up soon...

i hope you guys are doing well!! :wavey:
Haha, it's ok! Life happens sometimes :) Just don't forget about us! Oh! I have an IUD too!! I LOVE IT!!! The first few weeks/months were a little uncomfortable but it was SOOOO worth it. Stick it out, you won't be sorry! I have the Mirena one and after the first three months of spotting/cramping, I haven't had a single period! It.is.awesome! I get maybe a day of light spotting every 4-6 months. I had it put in February 2010 so I just surpassed year 2 and my GYN checked and things are still good. It took a little time to find someone willing to do it, but she was happy to. It's been great not having to worry about birth control or remembering to take a pill every day. Mirena does have hormones, but I find it doesn't affect my mood or my drive even close to the way birth control pills did!

Looks like we're both counting down to the weekend hoping to hear good news! I've got all my fingers crossed for you!

I am also a plastic frames only gal. Nose pads really irritate my nose! I have a thicker prescription and the plastic frames do hide that better. I adore my glasses though :) I also have contacts but only wear them a handful of times per year. Usually boating, theme parks, beach, that kind of thing.

We look forward to hearing from you when you have time!

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1334196989|3168963 said:
OH RSG, you'll love the IUD after the initial cramping stage! I have had one in since summer of '10, and, well it's almost 2 years where I've been worry free and hormone free :D I know how much trouble it is to find a doctor to do it.. most don't want to do it until you've already had a child because a lot of people come back and want to take it out due to the horrible cramping. Tough it out, you'll be fine : ) and you can bitch to me about it ; ) if you need to. Are you looking at Mirena or Paragard? I had to go the Paragard way since I needed it to be hormone free. BCP and "the shot" have screwed my body and emotions over.

I've been keeping my eye on the calendar for the 15th for you, aud ;-) Counting down for you so I can congratulate you ;-) RSG now it makes it an easier count down; I can count down for the both of you! I can't wait to hear both your results. :appl:

Aud, I used to work at an optometry for 4 years and am the PICKIEST glasses-chooser ever for my patients. Let me know if you need help choosing, as these will be the "it" pair for such important occasions! Besides, I need to live vicariously through someone else's glasses pickings. I've actually missed wearing glasses SO MUCH since my Lasik. I have 3 pairs that I'm still holding onto for the day I need readers or some driving glasses if there's regression. :lol:

I think you look adorable in plastic frames. Just as PS-ers are picky with their jewelry, I am picky with the aesthetics and fit of glasses. I :love: that teal blue one you're wearing in one of your pictures. Maybe in a tortoise shell or all black color? The one you wore for graduation looks really nice, too. They're both flattering since they're sort of angled "up" at the lateral sides. It asserts confidence, power, and the like. Whereas glasses that "curve down" laterally look more passive. You need a "power pair" since you're going to hold a doctorates soon! :naughty: :appl:
madelise! You aren't going to believe this! LIke I said in my last post, I also have an IUD. AND AND AND I also used to work for Lenscrafters! I was an official "Eyewear Consultant" for a year during my freshman year in college. I am the pickiest chooser too! I have some many must haves it's always hard to choose! I hope you approve of my choice! I'll post pics when they come in next week. Most of my glasses have always been mostly black. I adore that teal pair. The Rx is out of date now, but I still wear them occasionally. They are neon green on the inside and two shades of teal blue on the outside. They're Vogue :) Graduation glasses are DKNY solid black with a bright royal blue on the inside with shiny silver metal arms. All of mine slightly curve up I thinks so yay me! My current ones are Adrienne Vittadini that are black with bright purple on the inside.

I dont' remember the designer of the ones I just chose (silly me!) but they are not black like I usually choose! I hesitate to describe them because it SOUNDS crazy, but it really does work, I promise! The inside is a baby pink color, and the outside is partially a dark tortoise shell (black/brown) and a dark graphite grey. Thin arms with spring hinges (a must for me!) and do in fact curve up slightly! They fit PERFECTLY. I hope they don't screw up the shape too much when the fit the lenses in, the literally fit perfectly.

Sooo excited to pick up my I'm going to be an AuD student and I'm going to get engaged glasses!! AhhH!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1334199602|3169000 said:
madelise! You aren't going to believe this! LIke I said in my last post, I also have an IUD. AND AND AND I also used to work for Lenscrafters! I was an official "Eyewear Consultant" for a year during my freshman year in college. I am the pickiest chooser too! I have some many must haves it's always hard to choose! I hope you approve of my choice! I'll post pics when they come in next week. Most of my glasses have always been mostly black. I adore that teal pair. The Rx is out of date now, but I still wear them occasionally. They are neon green on the inside and two shades of teal blue on the outside. They're Vogue :) Graduation glasses are DKNY solid black with a bright royal blue on the inside with shiny silver metal arms. All of mine slightly curve up I thinks so yay me! My current ones are Adrienne Vittadini that are black with bright purple on the inside.

I dont' remember the designer of the ones I just chose (silly me!) but they are not black like I usually choose! I hesitate to describe them because it SOUNDS crazy, but it really does work, I promise! The inside is a baby pink color, and the outside is partially a dark tortoise shell (black/brown) and a dark graphite grey. Thin arms with spring hinges (a must for me!) and do in fact curve up slightly! They fit PERFECTLY. I hope they don't screw up the shape too much when the fit the lenses in, the literally fit perfectly.

Sooo excited to pick up my I'm going to be an AuD student and I'm going to get engaged glasses!! AhhH!!

Wow, what a coinkydink! But I was a anti-LensCrafters! LOL. I worked at a private practice doing basically everything. Front Office managing. Sales, CTL training, ordering, insurance verification and billing, and minor adjustments. I worked there shortly after HS as well. I just left them 2 Novembers ago. I had been working at the hospital as well as there, totaling roughly ~50 hour work weeks on top of going to school for my GE's. I really miss working there :( It was so much fun to watch the families come in over the years and help them choose out their frames.. and help them transition their "growing" kids to contacts. And most of all, trying on all the new stock all the time! I got to learn so much about the aesthetics of a human face with glasses. Some people seriously look better with the right glasses on than they do without anything!

I can picture the funky colors. The colors on the inside don't really change too much of the appearance when worn. I remember we used to use those as a compromise for the HS kids that insisted on funky colors, but their parents that were paying were insisting on the usual, normal colors.

My absolute favorite pairs are 2 that are on my FB actually. In fact there's even one photo of me with my coworkers all wearing cheesy looking ones with the price tags on the lens! Anyway, my favorites: 1 is a pair of Gucci's.. Cat eye shaped, tortoiseshell plastic front with gold colored, metal sides. <3 <3 I felt so 50's librarian in them. The other pair is a pair of Bvlgari's that I wanted since I worked there. It was a pair from 2005. No one ever purchased it, and I always lusted after it. So I finally saved up the $ for them and got them... only to get lasik a few short months later! So I never got to put it through a good run. I was always lucky, my hospital job provided vision insurance that covered $130 of my frames. With my employee discount at the private clinic, and my insurance coverage, I only had to pay probably $20-50 more for higher end designer frames. I still have those 2 frames stored with all my sunglasses I don't wear anymore (one being a 1980's vintage Christian Dior! :love: I love vintage!!) and I hope to bring them out again soon. I wish I can have just a slight -.25 to -.50 prescription so I have an excuse to wear them at night or in class. But I guess I'm crazy-- who wishes to not see well?!

Wow, seriously what a coinkydink. We're both communication disorder majors, roughly the same age group, and used to work at optometries. What else!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, what a coinkydink! But I was a anti-LensCrafters! LOL. I worked at a private practice doing basically everything. Front Office managing. Sales, CTL training, ordering, insurance verification and billing, and minor adjustments. I worked there shortly after HS as well. I just left them 2 Novembers ago. I had been working at the hospital as well as there, totaling roughly ~50 hour work weeks on top of going to school for my GE's. I really miss working there :( It was so much fun to watch the families come in over the years and help them choose out their frames.. and help them transition their "growing" kids to contacts. And most of all, trying on all the new stock all the time! I got to learn so much about the aesthetics of a human face with glasses. Some people seriously look better with the right glasses on than they do without anything!

I can picture the funky colors. The colors on the inside don't really change too much of the appearance when worn. I remember we used to use those as a compromise for the HS kids that insisted on funky colors, but their parents that were paying were insisting on the usual, normal colors.

My absolute favorite pairs are 2 that are on my FB actually. In fact there's even one photo of me with my coworkers all wearing cheesy looking ones with the price tags on the lens! Anyway, my favorites: 1 is a pair of Gucci's.. Cat eye shaped, tortoiseshell plastic front with gold colored, metal sides. <3 <3 I felt so 50's librarian in them. The other pair is a pair of Bvlgari's that I wanted since I worked there. It was a pair from 2005. No one ever purchased it, and I always lusted after it. So I finally saved up the $ for them and got them... only to get lasik a few short months later! So I never got to put it through a good run. I was always lucky, my hospital job provided vision insurance that covered $130 of my frames. With my employee discount at the private clinic, and my insurance coverage, I only had to pay probably $20-50 more for higher end designer frames. I still have those 2 frames stored with all my sunglasses I don't wear anymore (one being a 1980's vintage Christian Dior! :love: I love vintage!!) and I hope to bring them out again soon. I wish I can have just a slight -.25 to -.50 prescription so I have an excuse to wear them at night or in class. But I guess I'm crazy-- who wishes to not see well?! Be sure to post a picture of your new glasses when they arrive!

Wow, but seriously what a coinkydink. We're both communication disorder students, roughly the same age group, and used to work at optometries, don't have relationships with our parents and want to elope. What else! :lol: What # am I thinking of at the moment! :o

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, i've found another quick moment before work! They have me working crazy hours again. I usually work 3-11:30pm but they have be coming in 12:30-9pm today!

IUD update (&TMI ALERT)...well i can't take BCP so my dr talked me into mirena saying the dose is so low usually everyone can tolerate it. FF and I know we do not want kids, but he is not getting the big V until we get married. So i get the mirena. Insertion went great and i had cramping/spotting for the next week. Sounds good to me, i knew it was going to be possibly 3 months of this. Then FF and i attempted ummmm "relations" LOL. I couldn't even do it...had the worst cramping of my life and started bleeding heavily. By the end of the week i could not sit as i was in severe pain sitting. I was having back cramps and pretty much cramps that did not feel like anything i have ever experienced. By that sunday, i was in so much pain, i was actually going to call my Dr on Monday.(so this is like 2 1/2 weeks in). That night i rally had no freakin clue what was going on, i was in so much pain i couldn't walk or anything because i felt faint. FF suggested i take a shower (and so i did) and for the heck of it i decided to check them...WELLLLLLLL the problem was it was ummm not where it should be anymore (iud poking out) and i probably had been expelling it for a week, hence why things were so bad. I didn't know what to do....FF refused to pull it out the rest of the way lol! I just barely fiddled with the strings and that was the end of that...LOL Immediately felt better. Went to Dr. that week and decided i have to go back to the birth control with the side effects i can handle 8) which happens to be nuva ring. (thats the long and short of it!)

As for glasses, i am currently wearing t&co frames. They have the tiffany blue inside and black on outside. I have a pair of D&G glasses all black frames, which are kinda my "knock" around frames lol. I wish i could have as many frames as it sounds like you have Aud, but i can't afford the lenses for them haha.

Thats really cool and freaky that you two have soooo much in common! I still need to catch up on this thread but i'm hoping we both get good news by the 15th!

Madelise! SO sorry you didn't get into that program. My friend just took the GRE and bought the kaplan study guide. Needless to say she did not do very well on it. I think those tests are designed so that you can't do good on them! I had to take a standardized test for nursing called the TEAS. Let me tell you i'm a A/B student and i BOMBED this test!! It was so OBJECTIVE that there was definitely more than one right answer. The only place i did well on was math...I got a 93 and they only required a 60!! Figures!! And all this picture talk? Am i missing pic posts somewhere or you guys talking FB? LOL I am SO out of the loop!

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1334205852|3169055 said:

My absolute favorite pairs are 2 that are on my FB actually. In fact there's even one photo of me with my coworkers all wearing cheesy looking ones with the price tags on the lens! Anyway, my favorites: 1 is a pair of Gucci's.. Cat eye shaped, tortoiseshell plastic front with gold colored, metal sides. <3 <3 I felt so 50's librarian in them. The other pair is a pair of Bvlgari's that I wanted since I worked there. It was a pair from 2005. No one ever purchased it, and I always lusted after it. So I finally saved up the $ for them and got them... only to get lasik a few short months later! So I never got to put it through a good run. I was always lucky, my hospital job provided vision insurance that covered $130 of my frames. With my employee discount at the private clinic, and my insurance coverage, I only had to pay probably $20-50 more for higher end designer frames. I still have those 2 frames stored with all my sunglasses I don't wear anymore (one being a 1980's vintage Christian Dior! :love: I love vintage!!) and I hope to bring them out again soon. I wish I can have just a slight -.25 to -.50 prescription so I have an excuse to wear them at night or in class. But I guess I'm crazy-- who wishes to not see well?!

Wow, seriously what a coinkydink. We're both communication disorder majors, roughly the same age group, and used to work at optometries. What else!
It's true! Some people DO look better with glasses. I love mine :)

I'm glad the colors of my new pair don't sound so outrageous! I think you'll like them! :) :)

I just went and looked on your FB. There is one where you are wearing a leopard print headband (I'm guessing) at the optometrist's office you worked at (not the Gucci sign on the wall!)....sooo cute! Oh! And blonde hair! Different :)

The color on the inside really doesn't make a huge visual difference if at all, but I do think it softens the harshness of the black a litlte so I do like getting ones with a color on the inside.

Soo funny that you WANT glasses back, lol. I'd love lasik someday, but I know I can't afford it with grad school and wedding stuff in the future. Probably someday though!

We have so much in common it's almost scary!

audball

Ideal_Rock
redsoxgrl|1334239117|3169207 said:
Ok, i've found another quick moment before work! They have me working crazy hours again. I usually work 3-11:30pm but they have be coming in 12:30-9pm today!

YAY!

IUD update (&TMI ALERT)...well i can't take BCP so my dr talked me into mirena saying the dose is so low usually everyone can tolerate it. FF and I know we do not want kids, but he is not getting the big V until we get married. So i get the mirena. Insertion went great and i had cramping/spotting for the next week. Sounds good to me, i knew it was going to be possibly 3 months of this. Then FF and i attempted ummmm "relations" LOL. I couldn't even do it...had the worst cramping of my life and started bleeding heavily. By the end of the week i could not sit as i was in severe pain sitting. I was having back cramps and pretty much cramps that did not feel like anything i have ever experienced. By that sunday, i was in so much pain, i was actually going to call my Dr on Monday.(so this is like 2 1/2 weeks in). That night i rally had no freakin clue what was going on, i was in so much pain i couldn't walk or anything because i felt faint. FF suggested i take a shower (and so i did) and for the heck of it i decided to check them...WELLLLLLLL the problem was it was ummm not where it should be anymore (iud poking out) and i probably had been expelling it for a week, hence why things were so bad. I didn't know what to do....FF refused to pull it out the rest of the way lol! I just barely fiddled with the strings and that was the end of that...LOL Immediately felt better. Went to Dr. that week and decided i have to go back to the birth control with the side effects i can handle 8) which happens to be nuva ring. (thats the long and short of it!)

Oh no! I'm sorry you expelled it! I bet that did hurt :( The cramping and spotting for weeks was uncomfortable enough, that sounds just awful! I thankfully didn't have any issues with my cervix not taking it...I'm hoping that's a good sign that down the road my body won't be unhappy about delivering a child normally! Bummer it didn't work. I'm glad you're feeling better though!

As for glasses, i am currently wearing t&co frames. They have the tiffany blue inside and black on outside. I have a pair of D&G glasses all black frames, which are kinda my "knock" around frames lol. I wish i could have as many frames as it sounds like you have Aud, but i can't afford the lenses for them haha.

T&Co frames!? Nice! They sound pretty :) :) It sounds like I have more frames than I do, but they are not all current Rx! My prescription hasn't changed much in the last several years and those are all the frames I've had over the last 5 years. Thankfully, especially if it's just to go out or something, the Rx's are similar that I could change it up for fun, but I wear my current Rx pair day in and day out. I'm not that exciting! :)

Thats really cool and freaky that you two have soooo much in common! I still need to catch up on this thread but i'm hoping we both get good news by the 15th!

Fingers crossed for the 15th! AhhhH!!! I'm slowly going insane waiting to hear!

Madelise! SO sorry you didn't get into that program. My friend just took the GRE and bought the kaplan study guide. Needless to say she did not do very well on it. I think those tests are designed so that you can't do good on them! I had to take a standardized test for nursing called the TEAS. Let me tell you i'm a A/B student and i BOMBED this test!! It was so OBJECTIVE that there was definitely more than one right answer. The only place i did well on was math...I got a 93 and they only required a 60!! Figures!! And all this picture talk? Am i missing pic posts somewhere or you guys talking FB? LOL I am SO out of the loop!

The GRE blew. I took it twice and got good enough scores to surpass the minimums needed for Grad School admission, but my GPA, Observation Hours, and strong Letters of Recommendation are what got me in, not those damn test scores.

And yes, we were talking about FB pictures! We managed to find each other the other day, lol. I'll definitely post pics on here of my new specs when I get them!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh Ok! i'm not going crazy then!

I'm on FB much more than I'm on here. Wish pricescope had a iPhone app! Here are a few quick pics of my T&Co i just took with instagram!

photo%201_8.jpg
photo%202_7.jpg

Hope that worked! Also since you guys are both experts haha, how the heck do i clean my glasses? I keep getting smudges that drive me MAD!!! :loopy:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
RSG, HAHAHA. OMYGOD. At a quick glance, I thought the photos you posted were my photos. I have the same exact keyboard cover. And I *just* took a photo last night of this ring I bought with the laptop keyboard as my unintended "background". I just dropped my Speck case 1 too many times while on vacation 2 weeks ago, and had to order a new set on eBay when I was back in the states. I got a matching pink case too! : )

Aud + RSG, not freaky! It's confirmation bias ;-) We can find a million things we don't have in common, and BAM, no more freakiness. And yes, that's the pair of the Gucci "cateye-y" pair. I :love: them!!

RSG, wow that wire on the side is THIN! I had to do a double take. I like the little heart on the sides. They look like the Return to Tiffany heart stud earrings that I used to loveee wearing (until I broke the darn post off). I love the shape of it. You can spend a crap load of $$ to buy lens cleaners and microfiber cloths. OR. Just keep a large bottle of isopropyl 70% rubbing alcohol around at home since you'll need it for other things anyway. If you have a microfiber cloth, you can use that to rub and dry the lens with. Otherwise, non-lotioned or Vicks kleenex will do. I once used a lotioned Puffs without knowing and couldn't figure out why the heck I couldn't see! If you do have a "go to" microfiber that you use often, remember to wash it every few weeks. People unknowingly start scuffing up their lenses with the dirt that builds up and collects on their cleaning cloths. If anyone tells you rubbing alcohol is "too strong" for your lenses and will damage it, they're lying and trying to sell you a cleaning solution (which is basically alcohol + food coloring and some fragrance). The practice I worked for used it on ALL of our lenses, coating or not. Just don't use Windex. We had one guy come in with messed up lens coating, and we were all "WTH DID YOU DO?!" because it looked ridiculous. He was using Windex to clean it lol.

I was always obsessed with flawless lenses. I cleaned mine all the time. I buy this: http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/walgreens-alcohol-swabs-packets/ID=prod6069804-product and carry a few in my purse. And I'd carry my glasses case with its microfiber cloth inside to dry it off with. I still carry those alcohol wipe packets with me to wipe off my diamonds or to do a quick sweep-under-the-nails cleaning because I CANT STAND dirty nails. Ughh. Gross!! :knockout:

I'm so sorry your IUD didn't work out properly. I'm not understanding what you said though :oops: Did you take it completely out or did you just go in to have it "realigned"? I'm wondering if that has to do with you still holding onto your V card? I know it was super hard for me to even find a dr that will do it for me since I've never had kids, but I'm wondering if not having the "experienced" privates will make it harder for your body to accept it? I really hope it does work out for you. I love mine, though I still get periods because I'm on the hormone-free version. You just have to stock up on pregnancy tests in case of any strange abdominal pain. I have a whole, TTC-sized pack! Whenever I'm "late", I check. I'm so paranoid of an ectopic pregnancy.. I heard about someone who died from one. So I'm just uber careful now.

As for the not getting into that class, thanks. It's really no big deal after I got over my initial annoyance with the program's structure. I'm still plenty "ahead" to graduate on time for graduate school admissions for 2013. Which is really just the big goal. I'm starting observation hours soon, so that'll keep me busy. And I'm going to buy the GRE for Dummys book as well as the Barrons. I think I'll take the test this summer since, again, our program decided to screw with us and no longer provide a lot of the courses they said they were. Our whole school system, all 20-something campuses, made it to the front page of Yahoo news because of the ridiculous budgeting cuts they're needing to make. Ugh. What an embarrassment. The president of our schools make MORE than the president of the united states. And he can't even do his job right. :angry fire:

audball

Ideal_Rock
redsoxgrl|1334245582|3169308 said:
Ahhh Ok! i'm not going crazy then!

I'm on FB much more than I'm on here. Wish pricescope had a iPhone app! Here are a few quick pics of my T&Co i just took with instagram!

photo%201_8.jpg
photo%202_7.jpg

Hope that worked! Also since you guys are both experts haha, how the heck do i clean my glasses? I keep getting smudges that drive me MAD!!! :loopy:
They are sooo cute rsg!! I really love them! I have a mac too girls! We all have that in common as well! And I totally have the hot pink speck case, lol!!

As for cleaning, ditto madelise. Alcohol. BS that it hurts them. I usually pour a little into the cap and use a Qtip to rub it on both sides of the lenses and rinse with hot water. Dry with a CLEAN non-linty cloth or something like tissues that won't disintegrate. With plastic frames, the only downside I have found to alcohol is if you aren't careful to put it just on the lenses, it can leave a whitish film on the black plastic. It'll go away with some effort, but I just started using Qtips so I didn't have to worry about it. It eats all the residue of hair products, makeup, etc off the lenses and leaves them sparkling clean!

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1334251526|3169373 said:
RSG, HAHAHA. OMYGOD. At a quick glance, I thought the photos you posted were my photos. I have the same exact keyboard cover. And I *just* took a photo last night of this ring I bought with the laptop keyboard as my unintended "background". I just dropped my Speck case 1 too many times while on vacation 2 weeks ago, and had to order a new set on eBay when I was back in the states. I got a matching pink case too! : )

We are mac triplets!

Aud + RSG, not freaky! It's confirmation bias ;-) We can find a million things we don't have in common, and BAM, no more freakiness. And yes, that's the pair of the Gucci "cateye-y" pair. I :love: them!!

You should! They are SOOOO cute on you!

RSG, wow that wire on the side is THIN! I had to do a double take. I like the little heart on the sides. They look like the Return to Tiffany heart stud earrings that I used to loveee wearing (until I broke the darn post off). I love the shape of it. You can spend a crap load of $$ to buy lens cleaners and microfiber cloths. OR. Just keep a large bottle of isopropyl 70% rubbing alcohol around at home since you'll need it for other things anyway. If you have a microfiber cloth, you can use that to rub and dry the lens with. Otherwise, non-lotioned or Vicks kleenex will do. I once used a lotioned Puffs without knowing and couldn't figure out why the heck I couldn't see! If you do have a "go to" microfiber that you use often, remember to wash it every few weeks. People unknowingly start scuffing up their lenses with the dirt that builds up and collects on their cleaning cloths. If anyone tells you rubbing alcohol is "too strong" for your lenses and will damage it, they're lying and trying to sell you a cleaning solution (which is basically alcohol + food coloring and some fragrance). The practice I worked for used it on ALL of our lenses, coating or not. Just don't use Windex. We had one guy come in with messed up lens coating, and we were all "WTH DID YOU DO?!" because it looked ridiculous. He was using Windex to clean it lol.

Ditto on the cleaning. Windex = bad. Alcohol = HEAVEN for cleaning lenses.

I was always obsessed with flawless lenses. I cleaned mine all the time. I buy this: http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/walgreens-alcohol-swabs-packets/ID=prod6069804-product and carry a few in my purse. And I'd carry my glasses case with its microfiber cloth inside to dry it off with. I still carry those alcohol wipe packets with me to wipe off my diamonds or to do a quick sweep-under-the-nails cleaning because I CANT STAND dirty nails. Ughh. Gross!! :knockout:

:lol: You may be as anal as I am!

I'm so sorry your IUD didn't work out properly. I'm not understanding what you said though :oops: Did you take it completely out or did you just go in to have it "realigned"? I'm wondering if that has to do with you still holding onto your V card? I know it was super hard for me to even find a dr that will do it for me since I've never had kids, but I'm wondering if not having the "experienced" privates will make it harder for your body to accept it? I really hope it does work out for you. I love mine, though I still get periods because I'm on the hormone-free version. You just have to stock up on pregnancy tests in case of any strange abdominal pain. I have a whole, TTC-sized pack! Whenever I'm "late", I check. I'm so paranoid of an ectopic pregnancy.. I heard about someone who died from one. So I'm just uber careful now.

From what I got from her post, her cervix was trying to expel it and when she checked the strings it came out the rest of the way. Unfortunate that it didn't work! I also have a box of pregnancy tests just.in.case. It worries me even more since I don't get periods anymore. So every 2-3 months I take one just to make sure. We are super careful but you never know. :twirl: My gyn did say that generally the reason they won't do them on people without kids is that there is a smaller chance of them staying put since your cervix hasn't been stretched out some from child birth. There are some risks, but as long as you consent she was willing to try it and thankfully I've had no issues. I love it. I'll have one forever (except when pregnant and/or trying).

As for the not getting into that class, thanks. It's really no big deal after I got over my initial annoyance with the program's structure. I'm still plenty "ahead" to graduate on time for graduate school admissions for 2013. Which is really just the big goal. I'm starting observation hours soon, so that'll keep me busy. And I'm going to buy the GRE for Dummys book as well as the Barrons. I think I'll take the test this summer since, again, our program decided to screw with us and no longer provide a lot of the courses they said they were. Our whole school system, all 20-something campuses, made it to the front page of Yahoo news because of the ridiculous budgeting cuts they're needing to make. Ugh. What an embarrassment. The president of our schools make MORE than the president of the united states. And he can't even do his job right. :angry fire:

Your program sounds so frustrating! Mine was such a breeze. We all took the same classes each semester and there was always enough seats for everyone who needed it. IF it 'closed', they just opened another seat. There were only 80ish of us in our lecture hall built for 300 so it wasn't a space issue. Good luck studying for the GRE! It's a pita but a necessary evil for grad school!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1334251919|3169380 said:
They are sooo cute rsg!! I really love them! I have a mac too girls! We all have that in common as well! And I totally have the hot pink speck case, lol!!

As for cleaning, ditto madelise. Alcohol. BS that it hurts them. I usually pour a little into the cap and use a Qtip to rub it on both sides of the lenses and rinse with hot water. Dry with a CLEAN non-linty cloth or something like tissues that won't disintegrate. With plastic frames, the only downside I have found to alcohol is if you aren't careful to put it just on the lenses, it can leave a whitish film on the black plastic. It'll go away with some effort, but I just started using Qtips so I didn't have to worry about it. It eats all the residue of hair products, makeup, etc off the lenses and leaves them sparkling clean!

I've heard not to use hot water :!: That it lifts and bubbles the lower quality AR coating. :errrr: I always bought those Crizal Alize coatings so I never wanted to risk hurting the $$$coating. Too much money for me to risk damage!

I didn't know about the white film! Now that you bring it up, it does ring a bell. I think I remember seeing some weird streaks on my Juicy Couture pair. I think I just blew it off on it being a crappily made pair. Qtips does sound like a good idea. It can reach some nooks and crannies my fat fingers can't get a hold of!

There's a hot pink Speck, Aud? I only saw a cherry red one that's kind of pinkish toned. So my Speck was clear. But when it cracked, it was too pricey to replace. Ebay versions for the win!! ::) I <3 ebay. When Ame was posting all her olloclip macro lens photos, I went on to buy a non-branded ebay version for $10. I swear it makes my iPhone lens into a loupe! LOL!

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1334259039|3169454 said:
audball|1334251919|3169380 said:

I've heard not to use hot water :!: That it lifts and bubbles the lower quality AR coating. :errrr: I always bought those Crizal Alize coatings so I never wanted to risk hurting the $$$coating. Too much money for me to risk damage!

I don't mean hot hot...it's just usually not cold. I just rinse it quickly under warmish tap water before drying them. I wouldn't want to hurt the coating either!

I didn't know about the white film! Now that you bring it up, it does ring a bell. I think I remember seeing some weird streaks on my Juicy Couture pair. I think I just blew it off on it being a crappily made pair. Qtips does sound like a good idea. It can reach some nooks and crannies my fat fingers can't get a hold of!

It's happened on any designer plastic frame I've ever had if you're not careful to keep the alcohol off of it. There is almost like a shiny plastic coating over the color and the alcohol strips the coating making it look more matte and with a whitish film. Alcohol still cleans the lenses THE BEST, just use a slightly wet Qtip to clean the lens only and you'll avoid this unfortunate side effect.

There's a hot pink Speck, Aud? I only saw a cherry red one that's kind of pinkish toned. So my Speck was clear. But when it cracked, it was too pricey to replace. Ebay versions for the win!! ::) I <3 ebay. When Ame was posting all her olloclip macro lens photos, I went on to buy a non-branded ebay version for $10. I swear it makes my iPhone lens into a loupe! LOL!

There is! I have one of the matte finish speck cases though, not the clear plastic colored ones. I like the feel of the satiny finish and it is HOT pink. Let me know how the ebay one works out!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Thank god I have a free minute! You two are hard to keep up with haha!

Yes, my IUD partially expelled and was probally expelling the entire hell-ish week i had. Hey, i tried it. I was hoping it would work. Luckily it didnt cost me anything as the entire IUD was covered by insurance.

Speaking of apple products...we have a ton of them in our apartment.! I had this really cool pic i took of everything laid out on our coffee table and it really makes us look like freaks! (ipad 1, ipad 2 and the new ipad, 1 macbook, 2 macbook pros, 6-7 various ipods all diff types) I had a pink speck see thru when i had my white macbook - and when i took it off it left the macbook all scratched up :( So i have decided at this time to leave my mbp naked :naughty:. I just have the pink keyboard cover i got off amazon for 1.78 with shipping! haha

I have to look through all these glasses remedies later, but i am def going to try them. I ruined a pair of plastic frames using the alcohol wipe on them. I got the streaks and i never could get them back to what they used to be :( I will try the q-tip and the warm not hot water! Thanks for the tips! I hope you are both having a great day!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
redsoxgrl|1334262847|3169515 said:
Thank god I have a free minute! You two are hard to keep up with haha!

Yes, my IUD partially expelled and was probally expelling the entire hell-ish week i had. Hey, i tried it. I was hoping it would work. Luckily it didnt cost me anything as the entire IUD was covered by insurance.

Speaking of apple products...we have a ton of them in our apartment.! I had this really cool pic i took of everything laid out on our coffee table and it really makes us look like freaks! (ipad 1, ipad 2 and the new ipad, 1 macbook, 2 macbook pros, 6-7 various ipods all diff types) I had a pink speck see thru when i had my white macbook - and when i took it off it left the macbook all scratched up :( So i have decided at this time to leave my mbp naked :naughty:. I just have the pink keyboard cover i got off amazon for 1.78 with shipping! haha

I have to look through all these glasses remedies later, but i am def going to try them. I ruined a pair of plastic frames using the alcohol wipe on them. I got the streaks and i never could get them back to what they used to be :( I will try the q-tip and the warm not hot water! Thanks for the tips! I hope you are both having a great day!!
At least it didn't cost anything.

That's a lot of apple products! I have a 15" macbook pro (2007) and a 13" macbook pro (2010) an iPod nano (2007) and an iPod touch (2010). That's all...lol.

Be careful with the alcohol on frames, but the lenses it's magic!

Have a great day too!

audball

Ideal_Rock
You guys won't believe this. Every.single.student accepted positions at USF this year and they don't have a spot for me full time this Fall. ;(
She said that has never happened before and was so sorry that she got my hopes up.

I'm so crushed I don't even know what to think/feel. When I first started considering going back, I didn't think this year would be even remotely possible so that wasn't even my original train of thought. And then she brought it up and I got my heart set on it when I shouldn't have.

She's going to permit me to take a few classes part time along with a few other 'wait listed' students who will all be starting the following year. But I'm still crushed. I was nervous/stressed/anxious about the money and everything else, but I still was READY.

Now I have to stay at my job (that I hate) for another year and 3 months and still be a works full time + goes to school student that is really draining me. Not to mention it's now going to be FIVE years until I'm completely done with school. I'll be 30. I know that isn't OLD, but I feel like Andrew and I are so far behind everyone else.

We have student loans to pay off (and will have even more after the AuD), we both need new cars, we have no savings at the moment and we need to build that up, someday buy a house, and we want to have a baby (in the future). I'm just having such a hard time seeing how we're going to be able to accomplish all of our financial goals with such a set back education wise and feel like we won't be crawling out from under this student loan debt for so many years that we'll be 36+ before we can even consider starting a family.

I'm so upset and frustrated. Sorry for the me-centric post and pity party. I'm just crushed and feel defeated. ;( ;( ;(

ETA: rsg -- I hope you get better news than I did.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG AUD. ;( I'm so sorry to hear this! *BUT* there's still a chance, right?. The students all have to let their schools know by the 15th, straight across the USA, about which schools they want to go to that accepted them. It's not the 15th yet. After the 15th, after other schools open positions up to their wait listed students, a few students may choose to go elsewhere, where they were wait listed. That's a tiny bit of hope, right?

Breathe, and focus on the positives.. And at least you can get a few classes crossed off this year, going part time? And work? It's hard to do both at the same time, but possible. And at least you can get some of his student loans paid off, and some savings started. I can only imagine how crushed you feel, but if you're taking any classes at all, technically you are "in". I know it's not ideal, but it's not the end of the world, either. You'll do amazing. :))

Do you have PTO at your work? Before my final quit day at the hospital, I had organized with my boss that I work 4 day weeks for a few months. Instead of cashing out all my PTO at the end of my employment, I used it to go to work less. I would also organize it so that I would have days off if I needed to study for midterms and finals, too. It was a win/win for both she and I: she got to postpone hiring someone new, and I got to keep my job, my paychecks and my benefits while taking time off so it wasn't strenuous. I hated that job, too. And everyone knew I was counting down until my last day. If you could arrange it so that you have a few days off in the month, do that. That way you have some "breathing" days.

Focus on the brighter end. And if you need cheerleading, I'm here to cheerlead you online! :appl: You are blessed to have made the decision to go back sooner than later so that you had the opportunity to be wait listed. You are now blessed to be able to go part time until you're able to be a full timer. You are blessed to still be employed, and have a steady income coming in. This might be just a big ol' blessing in disguise.

audball

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1334359026|3170542 said:
OMG AUD. ;( I'm so sorry to hear this! *BUT* there's still a chance, right?. The students all have to let their schools know by the 15th, straight across the USA, about which schools they want to go to that accepted them. It's not the 15th yet. After the 15th, after other schools open positions up to their wait listed students, a few students may choose to go elsewhere, where they were wait listed. That's a tiny bit of hope, right?

Breathe, and focus on the positives.. And at least you can get a few classes crossed off this year, going part time? And work? It's hard to do both at the same time, but possible. And at least you can get some of his student loans paid off, and some savings started. I can only imagine how crushed you feel, but if you're taking any classes at all, technically you are "in". I know it's not ideal, but it's not the end of the world, either. You'll do amazing. :))

Do you have PTO at your work? Before my final quit day at the hospital, I had organized with my boss that I work 4 day weeks for a few months. Instead of cashing out all my PTO at the end of my employment, I used it to go to work less. I would also organize it so that I would have days off if I needed to study for midterms and finals, too. It was a win/win for both she and I: she got to postpone hiring someone new, and I got to keep my job, my paychecks and my benefits while taking time off so it wasn't strenuous. I hated that job, too. And everyone knew I was counting down until my last day. If you could arrange it so that you have a few days off in the month, do that. That way you have some "breathing" days.

Focus on the brighter end. And if you need cheerleading, I'm here to cheerlead you online! :appl: You are blessed to have made the decision to go back sooner than later so that you had the opportunity to be wait listed. You are now blessed to be able to go part time until you're able to be a full timer. You are blessed to still be employed, and have a steady income coming in. This might be just a big ol' blessing in disguise.
She said the only chance at this point would be if someone backed out. I hadn't thought about someone else getting a waitlist call for a preferred school, there's a chance, it just doesn't sound good. She also said they'll be offering the GA spots soon so if something did open up last minute that it wouldn't be funded.

I'm trying to focus on the positives but I'm so crushed it's hard. I can still take a few classes going part time. She also said there were a few of the waitlisted students also interested in doing so, so I'd be getting to know others who will likely be in my cohort a year early. Andrew graduates in December so it should (hopefully) give him time to find a good job before I have to quit mine, so there is that. And since I make pretty good money and we're moving in together in August, we'll be able to save the money he was putting towards his rent + what I've been putting towards credit cards since they're paid off. So something like 1500+ per month for a year. Andrew said that we could talk about doing the wedding next summer too since we'd have some money saved up and it would be before I started full time. So maybe there's that if we both feel ready.

I do have PTO at work. I get 3 weeks of vacation and 4 weeks of sick leave a year. Vacation days are paid out if I don't use them so I try and use sick days if I just need to take off one extra day for studying, etc. But that may be an option too. The thing is for next year though is that the part time classes are DAY classes so my work will have to okay me to have odd hours in order to accommodate them. Shouldn't be a problem, but I'll have to get them in the loop in order to move forward.

Thanks for the support and for all the friendly reminders. As Andrew said, this is the way it was supposed to happen and that we will take it in stride and make the best of it. Positives really are being able to save the money and hopefully get him into a good full time job before quitting mine.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I am SOOO SORRY AUD!! But Madelise made a bunch of great points!!! I agree that everything happens for a reason, and because you can't forsee the good in it now, does not mean that it is not there. It's hard to see the positives when you are let down.

At least if you start part time you will go into this program starting with a few friends! I've done the whole work full time and school full time... My Radiography program was VERY rigorous. I had clinicals 3 days a week 7-3:30pm. I had classes the other 2 days 8-2pm. I worked full time monday-friday 3-11:30pm...see the overlap?? Not fun. I think just the fact that you are ABLE to quit your job and not have to work is a positive! At the time i had no support and i HAD to work. I graduated with Honors but it was not fun. Zombie Jenn for two years couldn't stay awake...nevermind keep a BF :lol: I think that it is great that you have such a great support system with Andrew that you can focus solely on your education and still be able to live.

Also it's good that your work seems to be willing to work with you so that you can attend your classes. I dont know many people that are in school that like the job they are in when it doesn't pertain to their goals for the future. But there are so many people who don't have any jobs or underpaying jobs, it's really good that you have a steady income and stable job.

These are a few things i think of when i'm feeling down about where I am in life. I know how disappointing it is to "feel behind" where you want/think you should be. I have been there and still am. I finished a degree i am not using. I am attempting to do a different degree and i too wouldn't be graduating until im 30 :-o But you have to see the POSITIVES. You are a intelligent and motivated young lady. You are going out and working towards getting a very demanding degree that is going to get you a REALLY good job. You have a roof over your head and a great FF who will always be there for you whether you are laughing, crying or just need to vent & that is really precious. Most people don't have even THAT in their life. The cars, houses and babies will all come in time. I am not extremely spiritual - but i believe everything happens in it's own time. The little bumps in the road prove to you that you are a survivor and eventually it will make you even more motivated to reach your goals. I think that you have a lot to feel proud about. You will make a fantastic AuD, mom and wife one day...the order is not as important as the journey getting there.

Keep your chin up and feel free to come here and "b#tch it out" anytime you need to vent or just need someone to listen!

(on a sidenote...i havent heard anything yet. Now they are saying next week. I hate this school. lol)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results