shape
carat
color
clarity

Tiaras

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Princess of Packing...I haven't worn this one in five years now that we are finally settled in a house and DH is done with school and has a job.

packing.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my avatar, the Princess of Puke. This tiara was worn last weekend when my son got sick with another stomach virus. And this was the one I was wearing in my earlier post when I did the activity for my class.

puke.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Queen of Spackle... I wore this one this past summer when we got new furniture for my son's room and changed some of the pictures in his room. I had to spackle!

spackle.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Tsarina of Teaching...a couple of years ago I was the teacher of the year at my school. My daughter likes this tiara too!

teaching.jpg

mylittlecuteprincess.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Madame Mad Scientist...this was for another teaching award I won. This was also what I wore when I "attended" the wedding of Crown Princess Victoria (via the internet) ::)

madammad.jpg

vicdanwedding2.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1292075526|2794167 said:
Queen Victoria's sapphire tiara isn't with the Gloucesters, though they do own a nice sapphire tiara. QV's is the property of the Earl of Harewood, the son of Mary, Princess Royal and a great-great-great grandson of the original owner.

Sorry, Bobby, I mis-wrote -- meant the Harewoods. If I knew where my kidlet tiara was, I'd definitely model it for you! Wouldn't look half as cute in it as Maria's daughter, though. I can just see you spackling away in your tiara, LadyMaria -- elegantissima!

--- Laurie

P.S. I think spackling is kind of fun too. Love making icky stuff in the wall disappear.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I found a picture from two moves ago when I was spackling...with my tiara in place!

queenspacklemaria.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
This link is to a tiara designed by Jeremy Morris for Catherine Middleton to wear at her wedding to Prince William. Morris calls it a headpiece.

http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/prince-william-and-kate-middleton/galeria/20101116414/kate-middleton/designers/dress/1/12/

I do not think this has a snowball's chance in Hades to become reality. First, Morris says it would be made of mostly white diamonds "with the rarest shades of blue and pink." That means $$$$ and I don't think spending on a new tiara for Catherine would go over well.

Second, there are are plenty of jewels in the vaults that deserve to see the light of day again!!!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
This tiara (maybe bandeau is more accurate) would look good too -- it is from the Bavarian royal family -- does anybody know where it is now? I can't find anything about its current residence & it's one of my favorites.

--- Laurie

Tiara, Chaumet, 1910.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Another nice tiara, originally Thurn und Taxis, sold in '92 to pay death duties, then sold again, I believe, in 2005. The pear diamonds on top are detachable. The sketch of the Furstin Margarethe Clementine, Duchess of Mecklenberg-Strelitz (married Erbprinz Carl Alexander von Thurn und Taxis, who succeeded his father as Fürst in 1805) calls wearing a tiara as a hair ornament the "Napoleonic style" followed even after the Bourbon restoration in 1815. Anyone know who bought it? (Bobby?)

--- Laurie

MargaretheClementine.jpg

TiaraT&T.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LadyMaria|1292162344|2794800 said:
This link is to a tiara designed by Jeremy Morris for Catherine Middleton to wear at her wedding to Prince William. Morris calls it a headpiece.

http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.com/prince-william-and-kate-middleton/galeria/20101116414/kate-middleton/designers/dress/1/12/

I do not think this has a snowball's chance in Hades to become reality. First, Morris says it would be made of mostly white diamonds "with the rarest shades of blue and pink." That means $$$$ and I don't think spending on a new tiara for Catherine would go over well.

Second, there are are plenty of jewels in the vaults that deserve to see the light of day again!!!

The coloured diamonds would probably be substituted for sapphires, if it were to be made. This sort of adaption is quite common when a design is to be made- proportions are tweeked, weight is considered, etc.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1292337494|2796488 said:
Another nice tiara, originally Thurn und Taxis, sold in '92 to pay death duties, then sold again, I believe, in 2005. The pear diamonds on top are detachable. The sketch of the Furstin Margarethe Clementine, Duchess of Mecklenberg-Strelitz (married Erbprinz Carl Alexander von Thurn und Taxis, who succeeded his father as Fürst in 1805) calls wearing a tiara as a hair ornament the "Napoleonic style" followed even after the Bourbon restoration in 1815. Anyone know who bought it? (Bobby?)

--- Laurie

I'm sorry but I have no idea who may have bought Furstin Margarethe's small tiara. I can only say that she was born an Austrian Archduchess, not a Duchess von Mecklenberg-Strelitz.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1292247965|2795491 said:
This tiara (maybe bandeau is more accurate) would look good too -- it is from the Bavarian royal family -- does anybody know where it is now? I can't find anything about its current residence & it's one of my favorites.

--- Laurie

That's pretty one, Laurie! I can see why you like it. Do you know where the photo came from - and auction, exhibition?
To me it looks like there's velvet wrapped below the base, so it was most probably worn as a tiara, rather than bandeau the last time. Wish I could help you with the present whereabouts...

Bobby

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
It came from the Web Shots website a few yrs ago, Bobby, with no caption at all. It was billed as a tiara there. Then I saw a reference to it elsewhere stating it came from the royal family of Bavaria, but no other info. You are so full of hard-to-find details, just thought I'd ask. Yes, I think it's really pretty, elegant, understated & graceful. The Swedish RF would know how to wear it best! (I was gonna send it to them for Christmas if I could find where it is!)

--- Laurie

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1292369827|2796983 said:
It came from the Web Shots website a few yrs ago, Bobby, with no caption at all. It was billed as a tiara there. Then I saw a reference to it elsewhere stating it came from the royal family of Bavaria, but no other info. You are so full of hard-to-find details, just thought I'd ask. Yes, I think it's really pretty, elegant, understated & graceful. The Swedish RF would know how to wear it best! (I was gonna send it to them for Christmas if I could find where it is!)

--- Laurie

Thank you for the reply, Laurie! I'm affraid this kind of info is not made public knowledge, unless the owned wants it to be. If the owner wears it in public or credit is given at an exhibition/book then we might understand. Even then, however, you can reed from a private collection and nothing more.

Bobby

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Ah well, Bobby. Guess the Swedish RF will not have my surprise in their stockings this year!

--- Laurie

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
In some random searching, I found this delightful amethyst tiara and parure that Southeby's recently auctioned. I wouldn't mind having it!

amethystparure.png

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
This is probably my all-time favorite tiaras with colored stones...the pink spinal tiara from the Duchess of Westminster. The parure was purchased for her wedding.

pinkspinal22.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1292687753|2800338 said:
In some random searching, I found this delightful amethyst tiara and parure that Southeby's recently auctioned. I wouldn't mind having it!

I think there is something elegant about paruves and suites. I wish the top houses would still do this, although I guess with different pieces having gone out of fashion like tiaras and stomachers there's less need.

As to the tiara, it's a little elaborate for my taste but I love the choice of spinels.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Agree about the spinel tiara, Danny, but I love the amethyst one! Very pretty & feminine.

--- Laurie

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1292688105|2800345 said:
This is probably my all-time favorite tiaras with colored stones...the pink spinal tiara from the Duchess of Westminster. The parure was purchased for her wedding.

The Empire Style parure (a favourite of mine) was made for the Russian Princess Ekatarina Pavlovna Bagration, by Fossin & Fils and consists of a tiara, haircomb, a necklace and earrings. As Lady Maria said, it was bought as a wedding present from the current Duke to his wife Natasha (nee Philips).

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

Does Southeby's say if it's Napoleonic? I think there are quite a few like this one, including with other stones as citrines.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here's one of the few remainaing Faberge tiaras, made in 1903. This one is also from the collection of the Duke of Westminster:

Bobby

WestminsterFabeTiara.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1292776550|2800966 said:
Here's one of the few remainaing Faberge tiaras, made in 1903. This one is also from the collection of the Duke of Westminster:

Bobby

I think this one can also be worn as a necklace?

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
When CP Maxima got married, there was a tiara designing contest for her. Here was the winner...I don't think it's much of a tiara. More like a helmet...

tiaracontextmaxima.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
So just in case there is a tiara designing contest for Catherine Middleton, I have my entry ready (insert comment that I have too much time on my hands or that I am obsessed with tiaras :tongue: )

Any guesses as to what I based this on? (no cheating and looking at the Royal Jewels thread!)

catherinemydesign.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1292774000|2800934 said:

Does Southeby's say if it's Napoleonic? I think there are quite a few like this one, including with other stones as citrines.

Bobby

I honestly don't remember. I just know it was already sold...I missed my chance to bid!

Cordata

Rough_Rock
JewelFreak|1292247965|2795491 said:

--- Laurie
I found this beauty on Sotheby's, they state that it is from a French noble family: http://www.sothebys.com/app/live/lot/LotDetail.jsp?lot_id=159597677

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Cordata! That tells some info, been wondering about that tiara. Wonder what French family? We'll never know, I suppose. At least you solved a bit of the mystery.

--- Laurie

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results