fredensborggala2010475.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
carina
gustavs partner

fredensborggala201081.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Hi Josefine! Here''s a close-up of the diamond rose brooch Grand Duchess Maria Teresa wore at the party in Frederiksborg:

mt_rose_brooch_cu_fbg_gala.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Question - Why Princess Benedikte doesn''t wear the Berleburg jewels? So far I''ve only seen her wearing the fringe tiara from husband''s family (a wedding present), but nothinhg else serious. We have seen her daughter Princess Alexandra wearing a choker, pair of diamond earrings and other jewels from her family''s collection. We''ve also seen Miss Carina Axelson (not a Hereditary Princess yet) wearing at least one SWB tiara (I''m not sure the tiara worn last week in Denmark is a Berleburg piece), also the diamond earrings worn by Princess Alexandra and a small diamond and turquoise devant de corsage.
But Princess Benedikte only wears Danish/Swdish tiaras. Anyone with a reasonable explanation? The only thing that comes to my mind is something a la Princess Grace - Princess Charlotte, where the latter wasn''t fond of the ex-movie star. What was the Princess'' relationship with Margareta Fouché, her mother-in-law?

Bobby

Cordata

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/20/2010 7:27:21 AM
Author: prince.of.preslav
Question - Why Princess Benedikte doesn''t wear the Berleburg jewels? So far I''ve only seen her wearing the fringe tiara from husband''s family (a wedding present), but nothinhg else serious. We have seen her daughter Princess Alexandra wearing a choker, pair of diamond earrings and other jewels from her family''s collection. We''ve also seen Miss Carina Axelson (not a Hereditary Princess yet) wearing at least one SWB tiara (I''m not sure the tiara worn last week in Denmark is a Berleburg piece), also the diamond earrings worn by Princess Alexandra and a small diamond and turquoise devant de corsage.
But Princess Benedikte only wears Danish/Swdish tiaras. Anyone with a reasonable explanation? The only thing that comes to my mind is something a la Princess Grace - Princess Charlotte, where the latter wasn''t fond of the ex-movie star. What was the Princess'' relationship with Margareta Fouché, her mother-in-law?

Bobby
I don''t know about necklaces, etc. But Benedikte wears the Berleburg fringe tiara fairly often, and there is no proof that the family has another tiara. The floral tiara which Carina wore in Denmark when she wore a tiara for the first time was never seen on any other family member (Alexandra and Nathalie include). There is a floral tiara which was often worn by Margaretha of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, and it was once concluded that this is the tiara which Carina wore. But personally I think that these tiaras are fairly different and not the same piece. To me it seems more likely that Carina loaned the tiara from outside the Berleburg family, maybe from a jeweller. Here is a small comparison between the two tiaras. Unfortunately I don''t have better photos.

Berleburg flora comparison.jpg

Cordata

Rough_Rock
I tried to enlarge the picture:

Berleburg flora comparison2.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2010 2:21:24 PM
Author: Cordata
I don''t know about necklaces, etc. But Benedikte wears the Berleburg fringe tiara fairly often, and there is no proof that the family has another tiara. The floral tiara which Carina wore in Denmark when she wore a tiara for the first time was never seen on any other family member (Alexandra and Nathalie include). There is a floral tiara which was often worn by Margaretha of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, and it was once concluded that this is the tiara which Carina wore. But personally I think that these tiaras are fairly different and not the same piece. To me it seems more likely that Carina loaned the tiara from outside the Berleburg family, maybe from a jeweller. Here is a small comparison between the two tiaras. Unfortunately I don''t have better photos.

Well, Prince Richard, Princess Benedikte''s husband, is quite rich, I believe and it won''t be surprising if he indeed owns one or two more tiaras. I know that Carima might have borrowed the floral and spike tiaras, but I do hope they are hrom her partner''s family.
Having in mind that Princess Margaretha died in 2005 it''s surprising that we haven''t seen the tiara she often wore on enyone else.

Here''s photo from Foros Realeza of Princess Margaretha from the 1998 wedding of her granddaughter Alexandra. Hard to tell what tiara she''s wearing, but I think it''s the same as from Benedikte and Richard''s wedding:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I hate when it happens like that. Sorry.

Here''s the photo:

19980606wedding06apl2sr.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/20/2010 2:32:05 PM

If you look at the photos closely, you''ll see that both tiaras have 3 flower clusters. Maybe the late Princess of SWB''s tiara was redone after her death?

Bobby

Cordata

Rough_Rock
I agree that this looks like the same tiara she wore for Benedikte and Richard''s wedding. But to me it looks quite different to the tiara Carina wore. Margaretha''s floral tiara might have been inherited by her younger son, but that is speculation of course. If there were more family tiaras, I can''t imagine why Alexandra and Nathalie would never have worn them. Another observation I have made is that the Berleburg fringe tiara is exclusively worn by Princess Benedikte, whereas she shares the two Danish tiaras with her daughters and (at least the star tiara) with Carina.
Of course I wish that Carina''s tiaras belong to the Berleburg family. But I need more proof before I really believe it. Sorry, but I''m sometimes stubborn
2.gif

Cordata

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/20/2010 3:40:53 PM

Date: 4/20/2010 2:32:05 PM

If you look at the photos closely, you''ll see that both tiaras have 3 flower clusters. Maybe the late Princess of SWB''s tiara was redone after her death?

Bobby
The flowers of Carina''s tiara have 5 large petals arrange around a small center, those of Margaretha''s tiara look like big centers with many small petals, somewhat like daisies. And why would you re-do a nice, wearable family tiara? If it were ugly, too big or something like it, I would understand. Besides Carina''s tiara simply does look like a historical piece, there is nothing modern about it that hints a contemporay re-setting.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for pointing out the differences in the number of the petels. That's something I don't usually pay attention to (and Margaretha's photo is blurry).
I'm stubborn too. I want to believe that the Berleburgs have 2-3 tiaras and this have been worn by Carina, but there's something that doesn't let me believe it. I hope is that we'll see one of these mystery tiaras in Sweden later this year.

Re Princess Benedikte and the fringe - currently the fringe tiara is one of the largest tiaras worn by a member of the Danish Royal Family and the largest in Princess Benedikte's possession. It's only understandable that when more than a Berleburg princess attends, Benedikte wears the larger tiara - i.e. on 16th she wore the fringe and her daughter wore the floral tiara, at Prince Henrik's bd party last yeas she again wore the fringe and then Carina wore the pearl spike and star tiara.
If there wasn't the tradition to wear the Khedive at weddings, I think that Alexanda was going to wear the fringe tiara on her wedding in 1998.

Bobby

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/20/2010 7:27:21 AM
Question - Why Princess Benedikte doesn't wear the Berleburg jewels? So far I've only seen her wearing the fringe tiara from husband's family (a wedding present), but nothinhg else serious. We have seen her daughter Princess Alexandra wearing a choker, pair of diamond earrings and other jewels from her family's collection. We've also seen Miss Carina Axelson (not a Hereditary Princess yet) wearing at least one SWB tiara (I'm not sure the tiara worn last week in Denmark is a Berleburg piece), also the diamond earrings worn by Princess Alexandra and a small diamond and turquoise devant de corsage.
But Princess Benedikte only wears Danish/Swdish tiaras. Anyone with a reasonable explanation? The only thing that comes to my mind is something a la Princess Grace - Princess Charlotte, where the latter wasn't fond of the ex-movie star. What was the Princess' relationship with Margareta Fouché, her mother-in-law?

Bobby
I just find also a possible answer. Benedikte is Regent during the abdsence of the Queen, and Prince Frederic. So may it's a sign of here status in the Danish Monarchy.

Cordata

Rough_Rock
I think I have made a discovery: CP Mary''s lady in waiting Caroline Heering comes from a noble family and usually wear her family''s tiara. But the tiara she wore for Margrethe''s birthady looked suspiciously like a tiara from last year''s tiara exibition where also Mary''s Midnight tiara was shown. Here is a link: http://www.bodilbinner.dk/tiara/galleri.html

Caroline Heering Chandeleir.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
lets go 10 years back to queen of denmarks 60th birthdat in 2000

SDV5.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Janni Spies
can it be a lady in waiting

SDV1.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock