shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Hi again!

The video you, Imdanny, found is very interesting and this time I thank you. If you or anyone else is interested you can find a video about Queen Victoria posted in 5 parts - Queen Victoria''s Secrets.
I have heard about The virgin exam Diana had to go through. Being a virgin was sth obligatory in the past not only for royals, but I doubt the future queens will be vigins. I also remember that Marie Christine was complaining about the Roman Catholic clause in an interview. What are your opinions? Should it be canceled or it should remain?

And now about royals and jewels.
Here''s a picture of Lady Helen Taylor wearing lots of diamond rivieras (6 to be correct). I can''t remeber what the occasion was, but it must''ve been something spetial with a lot of sparkling diamonds
2.gif
Here Lady Helen reminds me of her great-grand mother Queen Mary - a woman that knew how to wear diamonds. BTW do you think that these are real diamonds? If so where did they came from? I can''t remember any of the Kent ladies wearing any of them.

1368251.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I don't have an opinion on the "virgin" thing.
6.gif

Bobby, thank you again. I did see that series about Queen Victoria and thought about watching it. Now I will!

I can't place the diamonds in that picture as being specific ones, but they look real to me. It's a very impressive pictures, in any case. I think that the "minor royals" have the life. They lead a pretty good life, without having to be front and center in the spotlight all the time. Thank you for this picture. It's very "regal."

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Hi again!

Here is a picrure taken on 1 April at the G20 leaders meating. This was a part of a larger photo I had to cut in order to show the adorable Elizabeth II. For that occasion The Queen choose to wear some of my fav jewels in her collection - The Williamson Diamond brooch, HM''s trandmark - a three raw pearl necklace and Queen Mary''s pearl earrings. Lovely, don''t you think?

queenG20.JPG

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Yes, pink to match the pink dress. I had already scoped out the brooch and knew what it was from this thread. I was proud of myself for that.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Slight thread hijack, but some of you talented people need to get over to the new pearls subforum and lend some pictures to my new thread "famous pearls."
31.gif

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Hi all!

Today it''s HM Queen Elizabeth II''s birthday and she tuns 83. It is celebrated on Trooping the Colour each year, which is in June.
Here is a one of my favourate pics of The Queen. HM wares a diamond necklace (Gift from a Saudi King I belive), ''Granny''s'' tiara and some antique diamond earrings.

Long live the Queen!!!

QueenDM1507_468x632.jpg

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a beautiful picture of her. Thank you for posting this.

thejadewoman

Rough_Rock
QEII looks simply fabulous at 83. Ever so regal. I think this tiara suits her so well, it''s easy to see why she loves it and wears it often.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 12:12:59 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav

Long live the Queen!!!
Long live the Queen! She''s doing a great job!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/21/2009 8:00:12 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Slight thread hijack, but some of you talented people need to get over to the new pearls subforum and lend some pictures to my new thread ''famous pearls.''
31.gif

LOL! I''ve been known to lobby for my own threads too! I''ll help if I can. First, I better go look and see what''s already there!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here is some info about the diamond necklace from my previous post, that I found while checkñing my files for sth interesting to post here - "A modern collar of round and pear-shaped diamonds in a sunray design made by Harry Winston, was given to The Queen by King Khalid (Saudi Arabia) when she made a state visit to his country in February 1979."
HM loaned the necklace to the late Diana, Princess of Wales to wear it at 2-3 occasions during the early 1980s. Princess Diana also wears the wedding present from the Emir of Qatar - The pearl and diamond drop earrings.

pss_necklace.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The photograph of the Queen above is in color, but the black and white one of the Princess of Wales pales in comparison. Here is a color photo of the necklace from King Khalid being worn by the Princess of Wales on March 4, 1982 when she was expecting.

AGBF
34.gif

ThePrincessOfWalesMarch41982.jpg

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
Hello
Sorry for my late answer, yes is the ring at Harrods, at the time, many newspaper announced that Dodi went to Repossi to pick the ring, and he gave the ring to Diana in his room at Ritz while the dinner...
I know the design is very different, but was designed by Dodi...I guess we never be sure about it....regarding that the royal family does not like to mention about her early pregnancy.

BTW just for the info, the royal family of England in the Second World War supressed one of their surnames (german) of the list, Diana''s family and genealogical tree is older and with very impressive importance in the royals..., sometimes I wonder how come Diana fell in love by Charles at the age of 6!; he was dating her eldest sister at the time; and how she could stand some exams to prove she were virgin, the training days with the Queen Mother (argh); sigh*

Have a nice weekend.

Monica

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Hi all!

Today it''s HM Queen Elizabeth II''s birthday and she tuns 83. It is celebrated on Trooping the Colour each year, which is in June.
Here is a one of my favourate pics of The Queen. HM wares a diamond necklace (Gift from a Saudi King I belive), ''Granny''s'' tiara and some antique diamond earrings.

Long live the Queen!!!
Long live the Queen is right! I can''t imagine Charles in charge....
38.gif

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 8:19:55 PM
Author: AGBF

The photograph of the Queen above is in color, but the black and white one of the Princess of Wales pales in comparison. Here is a color photo of the necklace from King Khalid being worn by the Princess of Wales on March 4, 1982 when she was expecting.

AGBF
34.gif
Sweet Diana, so young and innocent.....

Lori

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/26/2009 1:18:47 AM
Author: loriken214

Hi all!

Long live the Queen!!!

Long live the Queen is right! I can''t imagine Charles in charge
38.gif

Lori

I don''t know where you live but that was the name of a TV show in the US. LOL.

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
Dear Friend Nefer your thread is awesome.
But I am a big fan of briollet cut and Diana is wearing a pair of earrings with amethyst in briollet, but never seen her wearing those again...am I wrong?
20.gif

Hugs
Monica

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
I mean this pair of earrings...lol..oops forgot to attach
20.gif

dianabriollet.jpg

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
I believe you''re correct...I can''t ever remember Diana wearing a pair of briolettes, but this amethyst pair are stunning :) She wears them well, doesn''t she?

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/27/2009 5:15:28 PM
Author: Imdanny

Date: 4/26/2009 1:18:47 AM
Author: loriken214

Hi all!

Long live the Queen!!!

Long live the Queen is right! I can''t imagine Charles in charge
38.gif

Lori

I don''t know where you live but that was the name of a TV show in the US. LOL.
Yes, I remember that show...I made a funny and didn''t know it!
9.gif

Lori

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall recently visited Italy and Vatican City. (They still may be there.) On April 27 they met with Pope Benedict XVI and it was noted that the Duchess of Cornwall, unlike the late Princess of Wales, did not curtsey to the Pope. I was appalled to learn that the Princess of Wales had curtsied to the Pope! England has passed laws that ensure that no Catholic can ever again rule the country due to the religious strife caused between Catholics and Protestants! The Princess of Wales curtseying to the Pope would be like our First Lady curtseying to the Queen! Unthinkable!!! The reason we had a revolution in the first place!

AGBF
34.gif

April272009WithPopebenedictXVI.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Duchess of Cornwall is wearing the traditional black veil in which women meet the Pope. (Obviously, that is not the Pope who is pictured with the Duchess. He appears to be a Cardinal, but I cannot identify him without the help of a caption!)

TheDuchessOfCornwallApril272009l.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An exchange of gifts between The Pope and The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall took place on April 27, 2009.

ExchangeOfGiftsApril272009.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone!

Here is a picture of the Duchess of Cornwall that shows her pearl drop earrings. The pearls in the necklace look like cultured, what do you think? HRH first wore them while she and prince Charles were in South America last month.
What about the brooch? Has she worn it before?

86235478.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And here is The Queen of Spain wearing her ruby wedding gift from a greek shiping magnate(Stavros Niarchos I think). The choker and the tiara can be worn together as a longer necklace. The picture was taken on 27 April at the Gala dinner in honour of The French President Nicolas Sarkozy and his wife.

86249592.jpg

estelaris

Rough_Rock
here is princess letizia at the same event

86259329.jpg

estelaris

Rough_Rock
Here is another of Princess Letizia. WOW!
she is beautiful!!!!!!!!

86259738.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2009 12:59:35 PM
Author: AGBF

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall recently visited Italy and Vatican City. (They still may be there.) On April 27 they met with Pope Benedict XVI and it was noted that the Duchess of Cornwall, unlike the late Princess of Wales, did not curtsey to the Pope. I was appalled to learn that the Princess of Wales had curtsied to the Pope! England has passed laws that ensure that no Catholic can ever again rule the country due to the religious strife caused between Catholics and Protestants! The Princess of Wales curtseying to the Pope would be like our First Lady curtseying to the Queen! Unthinkable!!! The reason we had a revolution in the first place!

AGBF

34.gif

If England passed such laws, it was because Henry VIII threw over the Catholic Church. "A curtsy" is a mannerism of the upper class. If Diana did this, it was simply politeness on her part. I don't recall Diana, ever in her lifetime, being in need of correction in protocol.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Please see this thread. This is the 11th post.

"http://members3.boardhost.com/Oranjes/msg/1240868014.html

"Of course non-Catholic Queens shouldn't curtsey to the Pope as shouldn't curtsey to any other Sovereign. That's why I was surprised to see Queen Sirikit doing it.

"Princes & Princesses (Catholic or non-Catholic) should bow and curtsey to The Pope as HH is a Sovereign, like any other (taking no account his religious role within the Church). Though I think it's strange a Prince Consort (HRH) to bow to a Reigning Sovereign and a Grand Duchess Consort (HRH, too) not needing. But it seems it's "normal" for a Prince Consort to be "above" his female "collegues" (even when they share the same ranking style)."

They are bowing and curtsying to the head of the Vatican State.

"His official title with regard to Vatican City is Sovereign of the State of the Vatican City."

For more information, please see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vatican_City

The Duchess of Cornwall did the wrong thing by not curtsying, but that doesn't surprise me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results