clarity

Royal Jewels

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a closer picture of her tiara.

queenkomal.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
King Gyanendra and Queen Komal have two children, Crown Prince Paras and Princess Prerana. Here is Princess Prerana. She takes after her mother.

prncessperena.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Let us pause to celebrate post #1600 on this thread. YEAH!!!
36.gif

Princess Prerana married Kumar Raj Bahadur Singh in 2003. Her parents arranged this marriage. In this picture of her wedding you can see it is very different from most royal weddings we see. Check out the jeweled and feathered headdress that King Gyanendra is wearing!

wedding princesspereanp.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Crown Prince Paras is not very popular. He’s more concerned with partying and has a terrible temper. Even his wife, Crown Princess Himani has trouble dealing with his temper at times. I think she’s quite pretty.

crownprincesshimani.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Here is Crown Princess Himani receiving honors from the King and Queen. She is wearing a tiara that appears to have a floral motif, but it''s hard to see from the side.

himanitiara.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
The monarchy in Nepal went downhill after the massacre. King Gyanendra and Crown Prince Paras were far from popular. There was some speculation that Gyanendra had something to do with it so he could be king, but the official report says that Dipendra acted alone. Gyanendra was never trained to be king and Paras was not interested in learning how to be a king. King Gyanendra started doing some pretty drastic things, like seizing absolute power, dissolving the parliament, and firing 3 prime ministers in as many years. He allowed parliament to reconvene in 2006 and in the session of spring 2008, they voted to turn Nepal into a republic and kicked the royal family out, bringing an end to the Shah dynasty in Nepal.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/5/2008 9:05:34 PM
Author: jewelerman
I agree that the all emerald tiara looks bad... like it a new year party hat...the turquiose pieces are spectacular as is the van cleef and arpel necklace.Thanks for posting so often...its appreciated and i encourage you post as much as you can!

I''m glad you (and everyone else) are enjoying my Rocks from ROCKS. I figure I better post all I can now becuase once school starts again in August, I''m back to work!!
26.gif

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2008 8:12:41 PM
Author: LadyMaria
Many jewels of Queen Marie Jose auctioned off in 2007. Here is the turquoise and diamond necklace and tiara that was her wedding gift from her parents.

This is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. I can''t stop looking at it. Thank you for posting it LadyMaria!
35.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lady A, I missed your wonderful posts and hope your mom is okay, glad to hear even though she had a recurrence that she is faring well!

Lady M, I think that is a riot. I mean, gotta be the Princess of something in your domain! I wondered what on earth your signature meant!

I think some those Royals need Zoom or Brite Smile or a good whitening toothpaste, yuck.

I also think that one hat looks like it belongs in a Monty Python skit "People who do their jobs wearing a funny or silly hat" Her clothes consultant should be drawn and quartered.

I know the Miller girls (Alexandra, Marie Chantal and the other) married well, one to a Von Furstenberg and a Crown Prince, but I did hear two of them are divorced. Not the one with the 5th baby, but the other two.

I think Rania is lovely. Queen Noor was American but I think had Arabic blood? I think her father? She was also referred to as Noor al Hussein, which means Light of Hussein. I think she really took to her royal role nicely and they seemed to have a nice marriage, as nice as being married into such responsibilities and tightly defined roles can be. She really was a beloved Queen from what I have heard. I agree the emerald tiara looks funky like broken green bottles, maybe in person it is nicer?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2008 9:53:55 PM
In 1990, Empress Michiko''s younger son, Prince Fumihito (his formal title is Prince Akishino, sort of like saying ''Prince of Wales'') married Kiko Kawashima. She became Princess Kiko upon her marriage. The ceremony was a traditional Shinto ceremony, but they changed into western style bridal attire later. Here they are after their wedding and she is wearing a diamond tiara.

She looks adorable!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2008 2:24:34 PM
The firm of Van Cleef and Arples made this tiara for Princess Grace. It can also be worn as a necklace.

Double duty? That's a bit chintzy for royalty! A Prince should have to spring for a necklace AND a tiara!
2.gif
3.gif

Lalla is pretty, but in the photo with the sister in laws they are not looking happily upon her.

Princess Caroline has aged! How sad, she was STUNNING. And looks so much like Charlotte. Of course Princess Grace was magnificent in her heyday.

Love ROCKS. Thanks for keeping things going.

I recall when the Nepalese family was massacred. It was terrible.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2008 7:04:59 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Lady Maria, is there a way for you to post the photos much larger? One loses all detail when the photos are so tiny
7.gif
I can''t see much of the pieces at all
7.gif

My apologies....I understand where you''re coming from. Hubby has the laptop that has photoshop and he takes that to work every day. I''ll see if I can get him to leave it home for me someday.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/8/2008 12:50:55 AM
Author: diamondfan

I know the Miller girls (Alexandra, Marie Chantal and the other) married well, one to a Von Furstenberg and a Crown Prince, but I did hear two of them are divorced. Not the one with the 5th baby, but the other two.

Marie Chantal married Crown Prince Pavolos of Greece. They are still married and just had that fifth baby (still no name). Her sister Pia was married to Christopher Getty (oil money) and they are divorced. Her sister Alexandra was married to Prince Alexandre of Furstenberg, son of fashion guruess Diane von Furstenberg and they too, are divorced.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/8/2008 12:50:55 AM
Author: diamondfan

I think Rania is lovely. Queen Noor was American but I think had Arabic blood? I think her father? She was also referred to as Noor al Hussein, which means Light of Hussein. I think she really took to her royal role nicely and they seemed to have a nice marriage, as nice as being married into such responsibilities and tightly defined roles can be. She really was a beloved Queen from what I have heard. I agree the emerald tiara looks funky like broken green bottles, maybe in person it is nicer?

Yes, Noor''s father, Najaeeb Halaby, was Jordanian. Queen Noor (then Lisa Halaby) was in Jordan helping with the design of the new international airport when she met King Hussein.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know if these pictures have already been posted or not, so my apologies if these are repeats.

Here are some lesser known wives of Windsor. First we have the son of Princess Margaret, Viscount Linley on his wedding day to Serena Stanhope. She is wearing the Paparys Motif tiara. It belonged to Queen Elizabeth the Queen mother. She gave it to Princess Margaret, who passed it to her son and daughter-in-law. As far as I know, this tiara has stayed in the family and was not sold in the auction where they sold Princess Margaret''s wedding tiara, the Poltimore tiara.

viscountlinley.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
A closer picture of Serena, Viscountess Linley in the Paparyus motif tiara.

serena.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Here is Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother wearing the Paparyus Motif Tiara. She is wearing it low on her forehead, as was the style in the 1920''s.

qeqmpspryus.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
This is a closeup of a tiara carved out of beechwood. Viscount Linley (or David Linley as he prefers to go by) runs a furniture company, and this tiara was made for a tiara exhibition and for his furniture company.

beech1.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Viscount Linley''s sister Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones married Daniel Chatto. For her wedding she wore the Snowden Floral tiara. This was a gift to Princess Margaret from her husband, Anthony Armstrong-Jones, the Earl of Snowden.

saraharmstrongjones.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Here we have Lady Helen Windsor, daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Kent. She married Tim Taylor (no, not the guy from Home Improvement). Here she is on her wedding day.

helenwindosr1.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Lady Helen Taylor (nee Windsor) wore a fringe tiara on her wedding day that was a gift from her parents.

helenwindsory2.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
One of Lady Helen''s brothers is Lord Nicholas Windsor, best known for being a page at Princess Diana''s wedding. He married Donna Paolo Doimi de Frankopan. The unique thing about this wedding is that they are both Catholic (Nicholas is no longer in the succession) and they married in the Vatican. I have not found any weddng pictures, but I love the blue dress she has on here and it looks like a nice sapphire necklace too.

This is one of those pictures that I really need to make larger, if I can get the hubby to leave me the laptop with photoshop on it!

nicholaswindsor.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
This is a bit of an offshot of royal jewels, but bling is bling, right?
2.gif

Of course, in the USA we don''t have a royal family. But we do have beauty pageants. Ordinarily I would say beauty pageant tiaras and crowns have no place on a jewels website as they are mostly made of rhinestones and paste jewels, but there are a couple of pretty nice pieces out there in beauty pageants that are made of the real thing and are quite bling-ilicious.

The chain of Miss Universe, Miss USA, and Miss Teen USA each have a crown designed by Mikimoto, the massive pearl company out of Japan. These crowns also have quite a few diamonds in them. There is one massive crown that is used for the crowning and other big functions, then a smaller tiara that the winner gets to keep. Each of these crowns is designed with the symbol of the phoenix, which in mythology is supposed to represent strength and beauty.

Here is the Miss Teen USA crown.

missteenusacrown.JPG

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Next we have the Miss USA crown.

missusacrown.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
And finally, the Miss Universe crown.

MissUniverseCrown.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Each titleholder gets a smaller tiara that she gets to keep. It is also designed by Mikimoto. Here is Miss Teen USA 2007, Hilary Cruz, in her small tiara.

missteenusasmall.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Here is Miss USA 2008, Crystal Stewart, and Miss Universe 2007, Riyo Mori, in their small tiaras.

missusasmalltiara.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Here is another shot of the Miss Universe small tiara. I loved watching beauty pageants when I was younger even though I knew I could never win one since I was short, flat-chested, and a redhead. *sigh*
15.gif

missunismalltiara23.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
This picture is just too cute. Miss Universe 2007, Riyo Mori, is visiting a children''s hospital.

babymissuniverse.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
For the 2008 Miss Universe pageant, a new crown was designed. This will be the only year this crown is used. Since the pageant this year is being held in Vietnam, the Vietnamese jeweler CAO wanted a chance to showcase their work by designing a new crown. Next year they will use the Mikimoto crown again. According to the Miss Universe website...

"The crown, valued at $120 thousand dollars, is made of 18K white and yellow gold. It is comprised of over 1,000 precious stones; including 555 white diamonds (30 carats), 375 cognac diamonds (14 carats), 10 smoky quartz crystals (20 carats) and 19 morganite gemstones (60 carats). The colors of the jewels chosen for the crown have great significance. The yellow luster of the gold represents the prosperous thriving economy in Vietnam. White, light pink and cognac are the main hues in the crown which represent inspiration and feeling."

"The curved design creates a natural rhythm and a stable structure for the crown, symbolizing the spirit of unity. The crown combines the beauty and the character of each nation, accomplishing the goal of the pageant, which is international unity."

Personally, I like the Mikimoto crown better.

BTW, the Miss Universe pageant is on tonight!
2.gif

newcrown-08.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results