carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Josefine-

I believe you are a bit of an expert on the Swedish royal jewelry. If you do not know what tiara Queen Silvia is wearing in that photo I am sure that it will not be easy to find out. I have been fooling around and following all kinds of leads (which has led me down some strange byways tonight). (I mean, I ended up getting derailed by the story about The Princess Anne, thinking I might find the date that Queen Silvia was photographed if I could pinpoint when Anne was defending herself against allegations that Mark Phillips did not father her second child, and I ended up reading about a child he fathered out-of-wedlock during his marriage to Anne!)

At any rate, I came across this photo. It looks as if it were taken at around the same time as the one you posted. (Actually the king looks a lot older, so maybe not.) Does it hold any clues for you?

AGBF

queensilvia.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
the photo with silvia in red dress is from nobel 2013

but i was thinking that the picture i posted is the nine prog tiara but silvia has big hair style maybe we only see the top part

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
maybe queen josefinas brosch like she wore here

204848559_fd63fd10-410b-449c-8fed-4f14e854b9db.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Queen Josefinas brooch on silvia and victoria

044d4a70d87a9505e26618b0c011e6c7.jpg

bfa8594c4437104e5ce1ffe96c4c2090.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At last, Queen Letizia wore her new tiara at a banquet to celebrate Queen Margrethe of Denmark's 75th birthday.

It is reported to be a brand new piece made by the jeweller Ansorena as a gift from her husband to commemorate their 5th wedding anniversary.

The centre piece can be detached and worn as a brooch and she had done that in the past, however, this was the tiara's first public outing in its entirety since it was mentioned in the ROSS blog back in Nov 2011.

As queen, she would have other Spanish tiaras at her disposal, however, I guess this one is likely to have more sentimental value as it is made especially for her and is a gift from her husband.

469827298.jpg

DK :))

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
From denmark last night

_29139.jpg

marie.jpg

mathilde_0.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
one more of queen of spain

leti_0.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF|1426835581|3849930 said:
I do not have Facebook, but looked up the suite, too. I found this:

"Following endless searching the team at My Small Obsessions finally identified the stones as pieces by G Collins & Sons, a jewellery favoured by The Countess of Wessex. The stones come from Tanzania in Africa, We know the Duke and Duchess are both fond of Africa. Below we see the Tanzanite and Diamond Pendant at G Collins & Sons. The pear shaped pendant are available for £8,400. Kate's exact earrings are not available at this time."

I am also including another photo that I thought showed the earrings in a different light and a photo of the necklace alone (not being worn).

AGBF

Love, love, love the tanzanite! While I personally prefer the lavender/gray colored tanzanite, I am thrilled to see the Duchess of Cambridge bringing some attention to this gem!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Josefine|1428499923|3858527 said:
State visit from the netherlands to Denmark

I am really happy to see this gorgeous gown on Queen Maxima again. With its now historical importance being worn at the inaguration, I was afraid we'd never see it again. I love the sapphire tiara on her too...the sapphires were always lost in Beatrix' hair.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
dk168|1429144188|3862566 said:
At last, Queen Letizia wore her new tiara at a banquet to celebrate Queen Margrethe of Denmark's 75th birthday.

It is reported to be a brand new piece made by the jeweller Ansorena as a gift from her husband to commemorate their 5th wedding anniversary.

The centre piece can be detached and worn as a brooch and she had done that in the past, however, this was the tiara's first public outing in its entirety since it was mentioned in the ROSS blog back in Nov 2011.

As queen, she would have other Spanish tiaras at her disposal, however, I guess this one is likely to have more sentimental value as it is made especially for her and is a gift from her husband.

DK :))

Happy happy joy joy to FINALLY see Queen Leitizia wear this new tiara! :appl:

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Josefine|1429186802|3862816 said:
From denmark last night

I will have to have a talk with my husband...my birthday party wasn't anything like this...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hadn't even known Queen Letizia had a new tiara! Thank goodness for the existence of this thread! ;))

AGBF

PS-It's great to see you again, Lady Maria. Do you have any new tiaras?

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Queen of sweden and princess Madeleine with family visited the pope

have you seen madeleine necklace before

quuen_silvia_visit_to_the_pope.jpg

princess_madeleine_visit_to_the_pope.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
what bracelet do you think silvia is wearing here?

206569666_767bd8fd-6abb-48ef-a239-0aea01e4070a__1_.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
At last i found a decent photo of princess Lilian of Swedens pearl necklace with a Diamond flower clasp

_29648.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the photos, Josefine. Until I saw the photos of the Swedish royals' visit to the pope, I did not realize that Princess Madeleine was pregnant again. Apparently she is due at any moment (perhaps in June). Princess Lenore was born only a year ago. And of course, earlier this week, the Duchess of Cambridge gave birth to her second child, Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana of Cambridge. The royals are carrying out their jobs!

AGBF
:saint:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Princess Mathilde Bonaparte's Pink Diamond Ring Is Sold

A pink diamond ring that belonged to Princess Mathilde Bonaparte sold today for $15.9 million, according to Sotheby's, Geneva. The diamond weighed 8.72 carats

"The auction house said 'The Historic Pink Diamond' only recently resurfaced after sitting in a bank vault since the 1940s. A buyer was not disclosed by Sotheby's.

The vibrant cushion-cut diamond is considered extremely rare. It was sold as part of the auction house's Magnificent Jewels and Noble Jewels sale.

The princess was the niece of Napoleon I and a relative of King George II and the tsar of Russia. She amassed a collection of pearls, diamonds and other jewelry considered second only to the collection of Empress Eugenie, the wife of Napoleon III, Sotheby's said.

Mathilde died in 1904. The pink diamond was believed among her jewels auctioned in Paris in June 1904 and later acquired by William Andrews Clark Sr., a U.S. senator, industrialist and entrepreneur who died in 1925."

Deb/AGBF
:read:

princessmathildebonaparte.jpg

princessmariebonapartering.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
does anyone know more about this necklace?

7785310274_e7be8d18ca_n.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
State visit from india to sweden

silvia-ste1.jpg

victoria-daniel-ste2.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
The netherlands royal family made a state visit to Canada

body_3_5.jpg

snfsdca

Rough_Rock
I love this set of Queen Maxima's! Still trying to determine if these are rubies or spinels (anyone know?). I have seen a picture of her wearing this suite with a deep burgundy dress, and the stones took on a very deep red hue against the darker dress. Gorgeous!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a picture of Princess Beatrix, when she was queen, wearing The Ruby Peacock Parure Tiara.

AGBF
:read:

queenbeatrixinrubypeacocktiara.jpg

snfsdca

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Deb/AGBF. Love this :twirl:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
A nice photo of the Duchess of Cornwall's wedding set. And a rather fun purse!

cpbr.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wearing the Greville Tiara (not sure if these photos have already been posted)

cpb2.jpg

cpb3.jpg

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
And finally a Ruby and Diamond Parure which was a gift and apparently worth in excess of £1m.

cpb4.jpg

snfsdca

Rough_Rock
Maisie|1434114298|3888312 said:
A nice photo of the Duchess of Cornwall's wedding set. And a rather fun purse!

Is that an evil eye bracelet I spy Camilla wearing?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie|1434114668|3888314 said:
And finally a Ruby and Diamond Parure which was a gift and apparently worth in excess of £1m.

The Duchess of Cornwall received two diamond and ruby necklaces as gifts from King Abdullah in 2007. At the time newspapers reported that each was worth in excess of three million dollars. She received earrings and bracelets to form parures as well. I am pretty sure that we discussed it here but it is never wrong to mention beautiful jewelry again! :wavey:

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

oneoftwo.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results