shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Princess Alexandra and Prince Joachim divorced. It was quite a shock. She is no longer a Princess or a member of the Royla Family. Instead she is styled a Countess. She recently remarried to a photographer who is much younger than she is - you go girl!

The Swedish Princess who had problems with anorexia is Crown Princess Victoria. She has been much better for several years now though. And there are very strong rumors that she will be announcing her engagment soon. There has supposedly been a request for funding for a wedding in the Royal household to occur in 2008. We shall see....

This is Victoria. She is very popular & I think she is quite lovely. Isn''t this amethyst tiara set gorgeous!!

victoriatiara.jpg

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock
LadyAmethyst69,

This is one of my favorite threads ever!!!

Thank you for starting it! It is so fun to come back and see what other goodies you post!!

36.gif

Keep up the good work! And great royal jewel hunting!!

30.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope Victoria will find happiness in her marriage. She is lovely, I recall seeing photos of her and she was stunning.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Not a fan of Diana''s ring from Dodhi. I know in my heart this was not an enagement ring and if you read the book by tina Brown The Diana Chronicles this certainly indicates that both were using the relationhip for their own endsand love had nothing to do with it.
I adored Diana but she was a troubled girl but by God she had such style and panache. She would not have worn this!!!!
Thanks again LadyAmythyst69 for allowing us the privelege of all this gorgous royal bling
36.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
You guys are all so sweet with your thank yous - believe me I''m just happy I found a place to share my love of the Royals, jewels and history all in one!

1.gif

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Victoria''s tiara is gorgeous
30.gif
. Those stones look like they are the size of grapes and in such an interesting design. Her earrings are also not too shabby
3.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I know she is not a royal YET... but do you have anything of Kate Middleton, Prince William''s girlfriend? I think she is so classy and just what the family needs!

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 10:51:58 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 10/23/2007 10:06:44 AM
Author: oobiecoo
I know she is not a royal YET... but do you have anything of Kate Middleton, Prince William''s girlfriend? I think she is so classy and just what the family needs!
I ADORE HER! I think she is absolutely darling! She''s bright, and outdoorsy and fresh and the family likes her.
I second this! She is so sweet, and very genuine!!

I also am not fond of Diana''s ring from Dodi, its very clunky-looking, not at all what I would expect her tastes to be. It looks like it could easily be a man''s ring....

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Yes it''s an aqua. I have mixed feelings about that tiara. i think it''s cute but I wish she wouldn''t wear it on State occasions. Not formal enough..

Anyhow, that is Princess Madeline who is Princess Victoria''s youngeer sister. At one time there was some wishful thinking that she might marry Prince Edward of England - that was never a possibility in my opinion.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 2:52:45 PM
They share tiaras... lol
Queen Silvia looks good in it too!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 2:51:30 PM
Another beautiful tiara..
That tiara is pretty crazy - not too fond of the upside down bows...

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 3:00:49 PM
I love this set she''s wearing..
Holy cow! That set is insane!! What are the center stones do you think?

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
She has some nice jewels... but I am NOT a fan of Camilla. She looks grumpy... even when she smiles lol

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, the Queen Mother looks lovely! Michelle, thanks for all the tiaras, you rock!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 3:47:36 PM
I loooove this emerald set
That is Queen Sonja of Norway. That is probably one of her best sets. The Norwegian Royal House seems rather jewel poor. Shame too because the Crown Princess Mette-Marit is one of my fav royals. I''ve gathered up bunches of photos of her & will post a tour of her jewels like I did for Maxima.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 4:02:01 PM
Here''s a close up of that sapphire pendant and earrings of Diana''s..
I love that picture of Diana. That set is one that I think she later redesigned.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 4:04:45 PM
I wonder how heavy this is???
Sheesh - I can''t even imagine.

Here''s some good British Crown Jewels trivia - the Black Prince''s "Ruby" is actually a spinel. Can you imagine what a spinel of that size and color would cost???

From the website ruby-sapphire.com:

"Perhaps the world''s most famous ruby, the Black Prince''s Ruby, is actually a large red spinel. Its history is documented back to 1366 AD. Today it is mounted on the front of England''s Imperial State Crown, which is located in the Tower of London."

and:

"The Black Prince''s Ruby is now mounted in the front of the Imperial State Crown, just above the famous Cullinan II Diamond. It is a huge, semi-polished octahedron. Sitwell (1953) states that the stone is backed by a gold foil, as were many ancient gems, to improve its brilliance. This has not been removed for fear of damaging the gem. The stone measures some two inches (5.08 cm) in length and is of proportionate width (Younghusband, 1919). Its exact weight is unknown, but estimates put it at ~170 ct. As earlier stated, it is drilled at one end and a small ruby is set atop the opening."

The Black Prince used to wear the stone on his battle helmet! And to give you a sense of it''s scale the stonei s the size of an egg!

0089-01.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 3:08:49 PM
Emerald brooch
Ah! I had gathered up some photos on this brooch!

Camilla "inherited" this (and many, many other fine pieces) from the Queen Mother. I think the QM left the stones to her daughter Queen Elizabeth with the stipulation that they be reserved for the use of the wife of the Prince of Wales. So Camilla has come in for a HUGE windfall and her jewelry is far far more magnificent than Diana''s was.

0000343917-001.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Another of the QM wearing that emerald brooch.

52101852.jpg

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 5:30:17 PM
Author: LadyAmythyst69
And now another of Camilla wearing it.
Camilla makes me want to gag.
14.gif

How come she gets more jewels than Diana did?
33.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 5:38:54 PM
Author: nebe

14.gif

33.gif
Honestly? Because Prince Charles loves her more. Also, despite what they may try to pretend, the Queen likes Camilla more too.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not a huge Camilla fan, though clearly she hung in there....

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 10:06:44 AM
Author: oobiecoo
This is a shot I found...only decent one I could find that shows off her style....

Very pretty girl....

kateMiddleton111.jpg

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, Camilla bugs...but honestly, I dont think the antiquey royal jewels were really Diana''s style. She was quite contemporary in her fashion sense and while she was often seen with jewelry like a big strand of honker South Seas pearls, no doubt natural (no, I''m not bitter!), or honker earrings, I dont remember seeing her a lot with things like that emerald brooch or things of that nature. Camilla grates on my last nerve, but she does wear that vintage jewelry quite well (yeah, okay maybe a little bitter!)...

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, Diana never really wore brooches or massive earrings. When she did they were usually costume pieces. Or simple gold earrings.

I''ll post some more Camilla pics. Since her marriage some tiaras from the royal collection have been trotted out - ones that hadn''t been seen in public for a generation or more. They are usually very ornate, massive pieces that would not have suited Diana or her hairstyle. That said though, there are some smaller art decoish tiaras that would have looked fab on Diana. Either she was never offered them to wear (my suspicion) or she simply chose to wear the same two over and over.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
This is Camilla in the Greville Tiara. I''m fairly certain that this piece was one of the QM hoarde. The QM was left a massive hoarde of jewels in the will of Mrs. Greville who was a well known society lady. Wish I had friends like that! As if the Royals need more jewels anyway!

Like I said, I doubt this would have suited Diana.

CamillaGrevilleTiaraMar06.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
In fact the QM is wearing the Greville tiara in both of the photos SanDiegoLady posted. I''ll put them here again for comparison:

Darling%20Queen%20Mother.jpg

Queen%20Mother.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
This is the tiara by itself. It is also called the Honeycomb Tiara.

enghoneycombnew.jpg

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/23/2007 5:44:21 PM

Date: 10/23/2007 5:38:54 PM
Author: nebe

14.gif

33.gif
Honestly? Because Prince Charles loves her more. Also, despite what they may try to pretend, the Queen likes Camilla more too.

23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif