*~~~**~Crosses~**~~~*

Chat about jewelry, watches, antiques pieces, and more. No man-made gemstones and no pearls.

• 245 posts • Page 6 of 91, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Re: *~~~**~Crosses~**~~~*

Post by lizzyann » July 27th, 2011, 6:53 pm
Canuk, I love your cross from Tiff's! How long is that cross? Do you have any neckshots that give a real life perspective?

Btrflygrl, I am in the process of getting some quotes from IDJ on the same cross in different carat weights. Do you have any real life perspective shots of yours?

Neverendingupgrade, your cross is beautiful! Please post more shots when you get your hands on it!!!

Post by AGBF » July 28th, 2011, 11:46 am
Written by NeverEndingUpgrade » July 27th, 2011, 5:30 pm:

Well, I went back to cross-shopping, posted a thread asking for opinions on two other crosses I was looking at, and AGBF reminded me of the Single Stone cross, which was now happily on sale.

I wish I could take credit for having that eagle eye, but it was kelpie who remembered the wonderful cross you ended up buying!!!

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF

"If someone asks me how many people work here, I say, 'about half '. " John Corey

Post by dragonfly411 » July 28th, 2011, 1:30 pm
I love all the new crosses that have been posted, especially the celtic design!

I never realized I posted mine twice. :oops:

Does anyone have any cross charms for a charm bracelet? I'm thinking of adding one to mine, but I wonder whether it would jab me a lot? Anyone have experience and or photos?
I don't know anyone that can live without a place of enchantment to turn to - Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Post by lizzyann » July 28th, 2011, 6:25 pm
I love this thread!!!

I have a favor...if anyone owns the Roberto Coin tiny treasures cross, would you mind to post a neckshot to see some perspective. I really like the style but wonder if it will get lost on me. I'm 5'7", size 12. Are there any PS vendors that carry Roberto Coin?

Post by AGBF » July 28th, 2011, 6:57 pm
Written by lizzyann » July 28th, 2011, 6:25 pm:
I have a favor...if anyone owns the Roberto Coin tiny treasures cross, would you mind to post a neckshot to see some perspective. I really like the style but wonder if it will get lost on me. I'm 5'7", size 12. Are there any PS vendors that carry Roberto Coin?

Wile I cannot oblige with a neck shot of her (I do not have one), my niece, to whom I gave that cross as a graduation present a year ago last May, has been wearing it for over a year now. She is about your height. She is a beautiful, tall dancer with an athletic body. She spent the last year as a teacher's assistant in Spain and enjoyed having the cross there. I think it looks wonderful on her! She found the tiny, hidden ruby before I had a chance to explain it to her, too!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

PS-I hope someone else will post that neck shot!

"If someone asks me how many people work here, I say, 'about half '. " John Corey

Post by canuk-gal » July 29th, 2011, 5:21 pm
[quote="lizzyann|1311814436|2978459"]Canuk, I love your cross from Tiff's! How long is that cross? Do you have any neckshots that give a real life perspective?

There is a picture of my cross--albeit on my hand--on page one of this thread. I am not handy to my cross--but I recall it is about 1 inch in length.....btw thanks for the compliment!

cheers--Sharon
"People who possess great qualities, do not need to show off".

Post by NeverEndingUpgrade » July 29th, 2011, 6:22 pm
Written by canuk-gal » July 27th, 2011, 5:58 pm:
Written by NeverEndingUpgrade » July 27th, 2011, 5:30 pm:Per AGBF's request, here is the cross I have just arranged to buy from Single Stone. I had actually looked at it a while ago, saved the photo on my computer, and forgot about it, probably because it was out of my price range. Well, I went back to cross-shopping, posted a thread asking for opinions on two other crosses I was looking at, and AGBF reminded me of the Single Stone cross, which was now happily on sale. So, I'm excited to post this photo of my cross from the Single Stone website. I promise I'll post neck shots once I have the cross in my possession. Good things truly do come to those who wait!!!

STUNNING! Awesome cross, girl!

cheers--Sharon

Thanks, Sharon! I'm a happy camper.
Re:

Post by NeverEndingUpgrade » July 30th, 2011, 7:31 am

That is gorgeous, DF!!!

Post by canuk-gal » July 30th, 2011, 11:39 am
Written by lizzyann » July 28th, 2011, 6:25 pm:I love this thread!!!

LA:

How about this one????

http://oakgem.com/Products/Hearts_On_Fire_Divine_Gothic_Cross_Gold_Diamond_Pendant_5867.aspx

cheers--Sharon

Post by lizzyann » July 30th, 2011, 11:55 am
Canuk gal, thank you! I really like that one! And in the budget! I'll be honest though...I just love your Tiffany one! I have found a couple on Ebay around $1800 which I know is a decent price, but I would prefer to buy a used Tiffany thru a place like you posted or Signed Pieces or something you know? I am having IDJ quote me on their version but it isn't quite as round looking as the Tiff one. I'll keep searching!

Edited to add - Do you feel that your .5ctw one looks pretty substantial on? I don't want to go with too high of a carat weight on something like this because I want it to be noticeable but not over the top you know?? :)

Post by canuk-gal » July 30th, 2011, 12:29 pm
Written by lizzyann » July 30th, 2011, 11:55 am:Canuk gal, thank you! I really like that one! And in the budget! I'll be honest though...I just love your Tiffany one! I have found a couple on Ebay around $1800 which I know is a decent price, but I would prefer to buy a used Tiffany thru a place like you posted or Signed Pieces or something you know? I am having IDJ quote me on their version but it isn't quite as round looking as the Tiff one. I'll keep searching!

Edited to add - Do you feel that your .5ctw one looks pretty substantial on? I don't want to go with too high of a carat weight on something like this because I want it to be noticeable but not over the top you know?? :)

LA:

Is Signed Pieces still around? I think they changed hands a few years ago and do not carry the same merchandise they once did.....

The .50 ctw. is the largest I would go in this style (for me). It is substantial and the stones are very beautiful! I think the chain is 16 inch and I like this length; of course that is a preference. Not OTT in the least.

I'll keep my eye out for you--perhaps that vendor also has a T & C cross on their website?

cheers--Sharon

Post by lizzyann » July 30th, 2011, 1:08 pm
Written by canuk-gal » July 30th, 2011, 12:29 pm:
Written by lizzyann » July 30th, 2011, 11:55 am:Canuk gal, thank you! I really like that one! And in the budget! I'll be honest though...I just love your Tiffany one! I have found a couple on Ebay around $1800 which I know is a decent price, but I would prefer to buy a used Tiffany thru a place like you posted or Signed Pieces or something you know? I am having IDJ quote me on their version but it isn't quite as round looking as the Tiff one. I'll keep searching!

LA:

Is Signed Pieces still around? I think they changed hands a few years ago and do not carry the same merchandise they once did.....

The .50 ctw. is the largest I would go in this style (for me). It is substantial and the stones are very beautiful! I think the chain is 16 inch and I like this length; of course that is a preference. Not OTT in the least.

I'll keep my eye out for you--perhaps that vendor also has a T & C cross on their website?

cheers--Sharon

Ha ha!! Like minds....I already checked and they did not have a cross. You might be right about signed pieces. I have checked there a couple of times and they seem to mostly have watches, not much jewelry. Thanks for keeping an eye out for me! There is a Tiffany's an hour from me so I should try to get down there and try different sizes on. But I tried on a basic cross at a local jewelers that was about the size of yours and I really liked it so I think the .5cttw is going to be the way to go!

Post by canuk-gal » July 31st, 2011, 11:55 am
Written by lizzyann » July 30th, 2011, 1:08 pm:

LA:

cheers--Sharon

Ha ha!! Like minds....I already checked and they did not have a cross. You might be right about signed pieces. I have checked there a couple of times and they seem to mostly have watches, not much jewelry. Thanks for keeping an eye out for me! There is a Tiffany's an hour from me so I should try to get down there and try different sizes on. But I tried on a basic cross at a local jewelers that was about the size of yours and I really liked it so I think the .5cttw is going to be the way to go!

welllll they do but it is a hummer!

http://oakgem.com/Products/Tiffany_(and)_Co_Platinum_Diamond_Cross_Pendant_Necklace_5084.aspx

cheers--Sharon

Post by AGBF » July 31st, 2011, 1:37 pm
Written by lizzyann » July 28th, 2011, 6:25 pm:
I love this thread!!!

I made a discovery-one I am quite overdue in making I must admit!-while looking for photos for you, lizzyann. The Roberto Coin Tiny Treasures cross comes in a multitude of sizes. I am not even sure that the various sizes of Tiny Treasures cross are consistently made the same sizes (for instance that there are always .10 carat total weight or .20 carat total weight diamond crosses always available to order)!

I found photos of Tiny Treasures crosses that were .11 carat size, .20 carat size, .39 carat size, etcetera. Obviously that means that if you want a larger cross, you can buy one! The cross pictured was adverized on a website that specified the color and clarity of the diamonds used in the cross, which I had never seen before. This cross is .45 carats.

Deb/AGBF
Attachments
.45caratTinyTreasuresRobertoCoinCross.jpg
Roberto Coin Tiny Treasures Cross (.45 carats).
.45caratTinyTreasuresRobertoCoinCross.jpg (7.1 KiB) Viewed 730 times

Post by AGBF » July 31st, 2011, 2:24 pm
I am learning more about the Roberto Coin Tiny Treasures crosses. There are the baby crosses, which is what I gave my niece, which have .11 carats of diamonds. They cost about $480.00. Then there are the "thin crosses" which have .10 carats of diamonds, but are more expensive at about $600.00. There is a large baby cross with .20 carats of diamonds. There is a medium size cross with .39 carats of diamonds. The cross with .45 carats of diamonds is sold at Hyde Park Jewelers for $1,340.00 with H color SI1 clarity diamonds (graded by I don't know whom). It is also sold at Ross-Simons. I haven't looked up their price. The cross below is the Roberto Coin Tiny Treasures Thin Cross with .10 carats of diamonds in white gold. I will also post a picture of it in red gold.

AGBF
Attachments
RobertoCoinTinyTreasuresThinCross.10carats.jpg
Roberto Coin Tiny Treasures Thin Cross (.10 carats) in White Gold
RobertoCoinTinyTreasuresThinCross.10carats.jpg (5.26 KiB) Viewed 730 times

Post by AGBF » July 31st, 2011, 2:36 pm
This is the Roberto Coin Tiny Treasures Thin Cross in red gold.

Deb/AGBF
Attachments
RobertoCoinThinCross.10caratsrosegold.jpg
RobertoCoinThinCross.10caratsrosegold.jpg (6.88 KiB) Viewed 728 times

Post by AGBF » July 31st, 2011, 2:48 pm
I found this photo on the Ross-Simons website, which gives the exact specs of the cross. I found these helpful in determining the exact size of the cross. In my opinion, it is similar in carat weight to the .50 carat Tiffany cross at a much better price. But chacun a son goût!

http://www.ross-simons.com/products/004542.html

Deb/AGBF
Attachments
zoomphotoRobertoCoin.45caratcross.jpg
A zoom photo of the Roberto Coin .45 carat cross.
zoomphotoRobertoCoin.45caratcross.jpg (34.11 KiB) Viewed 727 times

Post by NeverEndingUpgrade » July 31st, 2011, 3:49 pm
Written by AGBF » July 28th, 2011, 11:46 am:
Written by NeverEndingUpgrade » July 27th, 2011, 5:30 pm:

Well, I went back to cross-shopping, posted a thread asking for opinions on two other crosses I was looking at, and AGBF reminded me of the Single Stone cross, which was now happily on sale.

I wish I could take credit for having that eagle eye, but it was kelpie who remembered the wonderful cross you ended up buying!!!

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF

I stand corrected!!! But judging by the wonderful variety of crosses in this thread, Kelpie isn't the only one with the eagle eye - :lol:

Post by lizzyann » July 31st, 2011, 5:41 pm
Written by AGBF » July 31st, 2011, 2:48 pm:I found this photo on the Ross-Simons website, which gives the exact specs of the cross. I found these helpful in determining the exact size of the cross. In my opinion, it is similar in carat weight to the .50 carat Tiffany cross at a much better price. But chacun a son goût!

Deb/AGBF

This is a great option AGBF! Thank you for finding this! it looks almost exactly like the Tiff's one! Just 18k white gold vs platinum which is a great way to save some $$. I would imagine the diamonds would be decent quality wouldn't you think? Where did you buy your nieces cross? I wonder if any PS vendors like Pearlman's carries this line or is it mostly found at Nordstrom's and other high end retailers. Just wondering if I could get a PS discount somewhere too! Thanks!!!

Post by lizzyann » July 31st, 2011, 5:42 pm
Written by canuk-gal » July 31st, 2011, 11:55 am:

LA:

cheers--Sharon

welllll they do but it is a hummer!

http://oakgem.com/Products/Tiffany_(and)_Co_Platinum_Diamond_Cross_Pendant_Necklace_5084.aspx

cheers--Sharon

Yeah, I totally saw that bad boy and definitely not in the budget!!!! ha ha! Probably way too blingy for me anyways!!!

Post by AGBF » July 31st, 2011, 11:01 pm
Written by lizzyann » July 31st, 2011, 5:41 pm:
Written by AGBF » July 31st, 2011, 2:48 pm:
I found this photo on the Ross-Simons website, which gives the exact specs of the cross. I found these helpful in determining the exact size of the cross. In my opinion, it is similar in carat weight to the .50 carat Tiffany cross at a much better price. But chacun a son goût!

This is a great option AGBF! Thank you for finding this! it looks almost exactly like the Tiff's one! Just 18k white gold vs platinum which is a great way to save some $$. I would imagine the diamonds would be decent quality wouldn't you think? Where did you buy your nieces cross? I wonder if any PS vendors like Pearlman's carries this line or is it mostly found at Nordstrom's and other high end retailers. Just wondering if I could get a PS discount somewhere too! Thanks!!!

I can't recall where I got my niece's cross, lizzyann. I had gotten her younger sister's charm bracelet at Tiffany's, where I pick up a lot of little gifts for close friends and family, so I went to their website to see if they carried Roberto Coin, but saw they didn't. I tried going into my e-mail and checking through what I had left for Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus. I didn't see any e-mails showing I had bought it at either store, but I may very well have done so. Where I bought mine doesn't really much matter, though. It seems highly likely that some Pricescope vendor carries Roberto Coin. I will take a look around and see if anyone jumps out at me as carrying the line. I remember reading that no one discounts it, but may not apply to a Pricescope discount!!!

http://www.jrdunnblog.com/category/roberto-coin/

Deb/AGBF

Post by AGBF » August 1st, 2011, 12:48 am
Written by AGBF » July 31st, 2011, 11:01 pm:
It seems highly likely that some Pricescope vendor carries Roberto Coin. I will take a look around and see if anyone jumps out at me as carrying the line.

Well, at first glance, no suspects leap to the fore! I did not, immediately, find any featured Pricescope vendor who carried Roberto Coin crosses although I picked several likely candidates from the list and ran searches on their websites. That doesn't, of course, mean that one or more vendors don't carry the line or would not not be able to obtain a Roberto Coin cross, it just means that one did not leap out at me!

During my search, as so often happens, I found something else that was lovely, however. At one of the vendors' sites, I found this lovely cross. I just had to share it with you!!!

Deb/AGBF
Attachments
MarkBroumardCross.50carat.jpg
Mark Broumard Diamond Cross (.50 carats).
MarkBroumardCross.50carat.jpg (26.68 KiB) Viewed 716 times

Post by lizzyann » August 1st, 2011, 12:28 pm
Thanks so much for all your help AGBF! The one that IDJ does is below. They quoted me $1375 for a 1.1ctw. However, I find the prongs not as dainty looking as the Tiffany or the Roberto Coin. But it could just be the pic! but basically the same price for double the carat weight. Definitely taking this into consideration. I have asked them to also quote me in .5ctw as well! I'll keep you posted!
http://idjewelryonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_39&products_id=4227

They also have this one which is very pretty but I was advised that the quality of diamonds is not going to be as nice as their above cross. But I really do like the style!
http://idjewelryonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_39&products_id=2013

I might get in touch with Pearlman's as they carry a lot of designer styles. Maybe they might be able to quote me on the RC cross!

Post by NeverEndingUpgrade » August 12th, 2011, 5:17 pm
So many cool crosses, so little money! :cheeky:

Post by canuk-gal » October 6th, 2011, 8:43 pm

LA:

cheers--Sharon

Are you still in the market???

http://oakgem.com/Products/Tiffany_(and)_Co_Platinum_Diamond_Cross_Pendant_Necklace_6298.aspx

cheers--Sharon

Post by AGBF » October 7th, 2011, 3:29 am
I couldn't help but take a look, Sharon. Very, very nice, I must admit!

Deb

Post by lizzyann » October 7th, 2011, 10:52 am
Written by canuk-gal » October 6th, 2011, 8:43 pm:

LA:

cheers--Sharon

http://oakgem.com/Products/Tiffany_(and)_Co_Platinum_Diamond_Cross_Pendant_Necklace_6298.aspx

cheers--Sharon

Yes, I am and I totally saw this! But, I'm not sure if I am ready to part with the $2000 for it yet! I have been looking for cheaper replicas but no one does this setting as beautiful as Tiff's!

Post by canuk-gal » October 17th, 2011, 8:08 pm
Written by lizzyann » October 7th, 2011, 10:52 am:
Written by canuk-gal » October 6th, 2011, 8:43 pm:

LA:

cheers--Sharon

cheers--Sharon

Yes, I am and I totally saw this! But, I'm not sure if I am ready to part with the $2000 for it yet! I have been looking for cheaper replicas but no one does this setting as beautiful as Tiff's!

Prolly not your cuppa--but HEY! I'm tryin :bigsmile: ;))

http://oakgem.com/Products/Hearts_On_Fire_My_First_Multi_Diamond_Cross_18K_Gold_Charm_Pendant_6395.aspx

cheers--Sharon

Post by AGBF » December 15th, 2011, 11:20 am
I have been looking for a cross for my daughter's birthmother. I need to buy one from someone who will ship to Colombia. Finally I remembered a website where I had seen a lot of very pretty, feminine crosses I had liked that were executed in precious metals but that were not prohibitive in price. I looked up this thread to see the name of the website, but when I clicked on it, it said it was no longer on eBay! So I did an Internet search and, sure enough, Athena's Treasures exists, but now has a website. I thought I would post the link. Now I want to look for a cross as a Christmas present for my daughter's birthmother! If anyone sees anything lovely, please post it!

I was thinking of something small and exquisite, but not something set with precious gems. One tiny ruby in it would be lovely. I can't afford to go over about $300.00.

http://www.athenas-treasures.com/

Deb/AGBF

Post by pregcurious » December 15th, 2011, 1:54 pm
AGBF, there is a cross at Pearlmans in 18K yellow gold for a little over your budget at $375:
http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/religious-jewelry/necklaces/35LL3/
Attachments
cross_35LL33.jpg
cross_35LL33.jpg (8.54 KiB) Viewed 495 times

245 posts • Page 6 of 91, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9,

« Return to Jewelry Pieces