carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Deegee, I should probably give up on sandals too but I keep persisting... And when I find shoes I like I definitely order more than one pair, especially since I'm such an odd size. Right now I have one a pair of Aerosole wedges that I ordered while I was done in KC (and have never worn!). I've got the black and brown ones and these looked kind of grey/taupe in the picture but they ended up being pretty much in the gold tone so they just say in my close with the original tissue paper stuffed in them. After the Chicago GTG a few weeks ago I stopped by Nordstrom rack and got a leopard print cardigan for $12 and I realized when I got home the shoes and the sweater go great together so I'm wearing them today.

Curby, can you get sandals for the wedding that you'll be able to wear again or do you have to get some wacky color? I always see fun color and prints in summer shoes and sandals but I really do stick to the basic black/brown/cream. Last year though I went *wild* and bought a pair at Walmart for $15 that has some sort of print... fake snakeskin maybe? Between the leopard print cardigan and the snake print shoes I seem to have a wild animal thing going on -- HA!

Yesterday the sofa people sent me an email saying the fabric I picked was more expensive than the original fabric and please reply agreeing to pay the additional $2,400 + tax to proceed. W...T...F...?!? I *picked* the fabric from the choices they gave me!!! No one told me there was a difference in price. I actually went over there after work yesterday and told them I would make myself available on Friday for their people to come and remove my merchandise from my house and to make sure the driver had a check in his hand for the full amount of my refund to the tune of fourteen grand. The store manager called the owner of the company at home last night and got permission to remake the sofas with the different more expensive fabric at no additional cost to me. Whatever. I'm so over this.

And the CB is sending the specs for the appliances off to the carpenter right now so I can get a quote on finishing the kitchen. I'm pretty much over that by now too... !

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday!

Dee Jay, I should get leopard print shoes for the wedding. I think that would be great. I will probably get beige sandals or shoes; I haven’t heard we have to get a certain color so I don’t think she’ll care. I could get white tennis shoes and put lace and sequins on them. Sometimes we just need fun shoes. So are you going to have them remove your sofas and get a refund or let them redo the sofas with the more expensive fabric? This has ALL been their fault. How exciting to be ordering the appliances. You know when this is all done you’ll find another big project to keep yourself busy. I notice that about you.

Work crawled by today. I had 2 one on ones this afternoon. The second one what them complaining about the newest employee. I am going to have to talk to him on Monday. He hasn’t quite got things down pat yet and apparently gets really cranky with people when they tell him he missed something. He is very tense in general.

Marty went to a Peter Murphy concert in Denver tonight. It was scheduled to start at 8 and they delaying the start at 11 pm. He’s got conference calls in the morning and won’t get home till about dawn. Poor guy. I told him to ask for a refund but he wants to stay for the show.

Have a great evening.
Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-I'm glad you could finally wear your shoes! One pair of the Cole Haan loafers I bought looked kind of pewter online, but those babies are SILVER in person. I don't wear silver shoes! My nieces convinced me to keep them anyway and I have actually worn them a bunch. They don't distract me while I'm walking anymore, which is definitely a good thing given my track record for weird accidents. I can't believe you're having such trouble win the couches. Good grief! It's sad when customer service boils down to you threatening to return it all. With as much as you spent, it should have been taken care of...no problem. Especially since it was pretty much their fault in the first place.

Marcy-I can't stay out late like that anymore. I would have to go to work around noon or call off altogether if I went to a concert that started at 11. Wow-I feel OLD!!! I hope Marty does okay in the morning. I am so sleepy at morning meetings. Ugh. Your new employee issue is one example of why I don't miss being a manager! Matt is rather enjoying not being a manager too. He is so much more like his old self now. I'm sure you understand since Marty used to do kinda sorta the same thing. If everyone would come in and do a bang-up job, that would be a different story. I almost don't want to say what I've decided to do about my ering since I've been all over the place! I have decided on resetting my stone with pear side stones since I keep going back to that. The one I like best is from Brian Gavin, called the Summer. I have a list of questions for poor Denise at BGD if I can ever get a free moment inthe day to email or call. I figure if I don't like it,it would totally work with a sapphire in the center. Now, make me do it!!!

We had 2 project kickoff meetings today at the old office. The vendor bought lunch, and we had some time to spare to catch up with coworkers we haven't seen in what seems like forever. I miss my coworkers. Tomorrow starts our planning meetings which will go through the end of July. Food today-I scrounged up a granola bar for breakfast (must get to the grocery store), a chef salad for lunch, and a grilled chicken sandwich from Subway for dinner. I am not getting anywhere near Dee*Jay's step numbers, even though I parked even farther away from the building this morning, took the steps up and down 5 flights, walked .5 mile to the meeting and back today, took the steps again when I got back, and have run all over the house this evening doing laundry and such. I absolutely have to find some kind of exercise video or something. I slept about 3 hours last night and need to be chipper and on it for my meetings tomorrow, so I'm off to bed. Have a great day!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I got some silver sequined tennis shoes (think bedazzled Keds!) at Walmart last year for about $12. They came from the kids section (I am a kids 3) and I love them. I forgot all about them and when I got all my shoes out of storage after the move I found them again. I think they hit my ankle in a weird spot though so I might have to doctor them up with a cushy thing of some sort. I'm really a master at doctoring my shoes since nothing seems to fit me right. The CB calls me Gepetto!

Deegee, here is an article from the New Yorker about a guy and his obsession with Fitbit. http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2014/06/30/140630fa_fact_sedaris?currentPage=all It goes a little far afield (no pun intended!) but I was kind of fascitinated by the whole, "Ok, I'm at thirty five thousand steps a day, now I have to get to forty." Woah! Of course now that I've put myself on hiatis to see if I can self-cure my self-diagnosed plantar fasciitis I'm sure my numbers will be abysmal.

Yes, that's right, I think I might have PF. Not 100% sure but I'm going to treat it as though that's the case and see if it fixes itself. I ordered some orthodics (just over the counter things, not the mongo type that my physical therapist had made for me a couple of years ago, which can't reasonably wear any more because they were done before my torn ACL and two knee surgeries so I'm sure things have changed since then) and I got these Dr. Scholl's gel arch supports at CVS yesterday but I can't figure out where to position them. Crazy I know--your arches ARE where they ARE, right? But I'm just not sure what they're supposed to feel like so I could very well have them in the wrong place alltogether. Whatever. I'm trying not to walk around much today anyway so hopefully the full length ones will come in soon enough. Or at least my Merrell sandals should arrive today from Zappos so I can start wearing those tomorrow. That will require me painting my toenails though, which I've successfully avoided to this point in the season! :cheeky:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday! :wavey:

Deegee, you silver shoes sound quite snazzy. I am going to have to catch up with you and Dee Jay and find some bedazzled footwear for me. Marty got home about 3:15 and he was completely beat (he just got back from the UK on Saturday so he is still kind jet lagged). He had a great time. He got to meet Peter Murphy and shake his hand so he was excited. I told him the cleaning lady was coming in the morning but he said he was planning on sleeping in so I stayed home to let her in then went to work late. Marty was up right when she showed up though. I am glad you and Matt are enjoying being employee free. Marty sure enjoys that too. The Summer setting is gorgeous and I think it would look fabulous with your diamond. I’ll write Denise for you – that’s the kind of enabler I am. What should I ask her? How fun for you to catch up with your old co-workers. I hope you slept better last night.

Dee Jay, your bedazzled sneakers sound very cool. I definitely have to get something so I can be one of the cool kids like you and Deegee. That’s good you are a master of doctoring your shoes to fit. That guy is obsessed with his fitbit. Oh no to having PF. I hope your insoles and self-doctoring work. I have some Good Feet inserts but quit wearing them last summer. They are set up to fit to the heel of your shoe but I managed to get them out of place sometimes. I swear it’s like we all sync up with our problems. I have some planters warts coming back on my right foot that are getting quite painful when I stand. Did you get your toenails painted? I need to paint both my toenails and fingernails.

We went to Lowes and Michaels tonight. I was excited because Lowes (as we know) has great diamond light. We looked at dishwashers and refrigerators. Then wandered through the designer kitchens and kitchen organizers. I kept looking at my diamond. :D Then Marty wandered over to the tool section. I was getting really hot so I found a cool spot in the store and hung out there. Waiting for Marty under a fan but at least I had a pretty diamond to look at. :lol: I noticed Michaels had good lights for diamonds too. Oh and I looked at stuff there too.

We had a marvelous lightning show last night and torrential rain. Looking out the window it looked like a hurricane because it was really windy. The porta-pottie across the street at the new construction sight was knocked on its side. Ick! They put it right by the mailboxes too.

This afternoon we had a tornado sighted west of town. My phone popped up with a tornado warning so I take off my rings and go to the bathroom. I think every girl on our floor thought the same thing because while we were in there waiting out turn the announced there was a tornado on the ground west of town and we all had to go to the basement. So we all headed downstairs. I find a restroom down there and realize – CRAP my rings are on my desk upstairs. At least they were in a ring case. You can only get in to our office with badge access and if my rings were missing when I went back upstairs I could certainly find out who badged in to the room. Luckily my rings were safe and sound when we got the all clear and could go back upstairs.

I had toast for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, a banana for snack and some BBQ round steak, a few baked potato wedges and corn for supper.

Have a great Thursday tomorrow.

Curby

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay-last night I was determined to get to a certain step count before I went to bed, so I walked laps around the first floor of the house until I got there. The animals followed me around, watching me like I was a crazy lady! A friend of mine has PF. All she buys anymore is Orthoheel and Dansko shoes. They're not the prettiest things, but she says they help. My feet feel best in boots and I wear them as long as possible until it gets too warm and people start giving me funny looks!

Marcy-oh no, tornado! That is so scary! I waited out many tornadoes in basements and it's freaky every time. Glad your rings were safe and sound. Lowes has wonderful diamond light for sure. I discovered the restroom at my new office hs awesome diamond light. I have told my coworkers if I am gone for too long, they may want to check the stairwell to make sure I haven't fallen. The true delay might just me staring at my hand in the restroom! I think one of my biggest questions for Denise is whether or not, and I'm sure the answer is yes, I could see my stone with the .40 ctw pears before it is set to make sure they're big enough. I don't want them too big...just accents, so I think they'll be okay. I'm such a visual person though. I'm glad Marty had a good time, although I bet he was exhausted afterwards! I am not familiar with Peter Murohy. I'll have to look him up.

Food today-have you ever tried the Nature Valley breakfast biscuits? It's a package with 4 thin cracker wafer things that are pretty full of protein and good fats. Anyway, I had that for breakfast, healthy choice soup for lunch, and 2 slices of pizza and tossed salad for dinner. We're determined to make it to the weekend before going to the grocery store, but it sure is slim pickings around here! I walked the steps at work a couple times today and Matt and I walked lily tonight. I never take breaks at work but we do get 2-15 minute breaks per day. I am going to start making a point to walk down the stairs and down the street for 7 minutes, and then 8 minutes back (extra minute for going up the stairs) at least twice a day. I discovered a great access road behind our building so I can walk away from that crazy main road. I have a few exercise videos in my cart on Amazon...has anyone trid kickboxing? Have a great day tomorrow!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, what is this about taking your rings off at work?!? I admit to doing that on occasion with cheapo things (that are usually clunky so a PITA to type in) but not with The Good Stuff! I finally painted my toes this morning. They are kind of a dark silverfish color now. I bought this polish at a Walgreens in Vegas for the PS GTG and forgot all about it until I was looking at my color choices this morning.

Deegee, I know what you mean about boots. I especially like them with skirts and I wear mine a late as I can every year, plus I can't wait for the weather to turn a little so I can get them out again in the fall. There are so many different recommendations for shoes and sandals that my head is spinning. The Merrells I ordered from Zappos are going back but I placed and order for some Chacos and I'm hoping they work out.

I have NOTHING to do today... and it's killing me! Under normal circumstances I could walk over to Nordstrom Rack and return something I bought the other day but of course I don't want to do that now. I am also on a mission to find something online for the CB so maybe that will take up some time, and I have a tower of five plastic drawers that I've being meaning to clean out for... oh... about three years now so maybe that will happen today. How exciting is my life?!?

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-you will be so proud of me! I just sent an email to Denise at BGD with my questions. I was worried earlier I wouldn't be able to get away during the day long enough to get to the post office to mail my ring, but I noticed when I was out walking today that there is a post office 3 blocks away from my new office. Woo-hoo!

Dee*Jay-my toenails are painted royal blue with 2 coats of glitter polish on top. Too bad I can't wear sandals! I have 4 pr short boots and 3 pr tall boots from Merrell and I LOVE them, but their shoes...not so much. Last night when I got home from work, I got in position for a long nap. But noooooo...as sleepy as I was, I couldn't keep my eyes shut. I got up and thoroughly cleaned the kitchen, inside of cabinets, drawers and all. I bet the cleaners didn't do anything in here today because it was sparkling from last night. You're rubbing off on me with the having to have something to do thing. Stop it!

I only worked an hour extra today and decided to call it a day. I had the Nature Valley breakfast biscuits for breakfast, edamame and a slice of leftover pizza for lunch, and spaghetti with a side salad for dinner. I only did my walking for 7 minutes in one direction and then 8 minutes back thing once today instead of twice. It was horribly hot and muggy out and my hair turned into a big ball of frizz. (Any suggestions on a good anti-frizz product?) We'll take a walk later when the sun goes down. Have a great day tomorrow!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday!

Deegee, that is cute you walked around the house to get in your steps and your “kids” followed you around. I am usually one of those idiots that like to go out and look for the tornado with camera in hand but at work they frown on such things. About 20 people went outside and they were all told not to do that again. That is funny your restroom at work has good diamond light. My rings rarely see the light in bathrooms. I am pretty diligent at taking off my rings before visiting the restroom. Hence how I left them in my office unattended for 30 minutes. I am sure they can take a picture of your diamond with that size of pears. I have a ring with .25 ctw pears and they are pretty small. The center stone is not very large so they are just enough to add a sparkle here and there. You are on top of things and located a post office near work. Can you come clean out my cupboards and drawers? I’ve been thinking I should do that myself. I can’t offer any help on anti-frizz products. There isn’t much humidity where I live. Whatever moisture is here gets blown away in the wind.

Dee Jay, yes it’s true. I always take my rings off when I clean, do dishes, do laundry or go to the little PS room. Even at work I’ll leave my rings on my desk or put them in a ring box. I am in a locked room with 5 other people and if someone else isn’t in the room I put my rings in the ring box in my filing cabinet. There are security cameras everywhere at work and security could tell me who badged in to the room if necessary. I know I shouldn’t be so obsessed about keeping my rings clean because I do clean them every night. Even when we out and I go to the restroom I will either put them in a case in my purse or have Marty hold them for me. I’ve actually done some rather dumb things with them. One night at a star party I went to the restroom and dropped my 1 carat ring in my pocket. I completely forgot about it and found it later in the car on the way home. That could have so easily fallen out in the dark and been gone forever. I hope you rested today and that your foot feels better.

I was busy at work and met Marty for lunch so it was a nice day. I made some pasta for supper and put out a plate of assorted raw vegetables. Marty is working on wiring some phones and spent about $200 at Lowes so I have no idea what all he needed for his wiring project and I don’t intend to ask.

We are having more rain tonight. I enjoyed watching some nice lighting while we were eating and when I was doing dishes.

WF doesn’t have any colorless ACA in a size or price I want for studs. Wink still has the two .40 on hold but he does have two .30 CBI. They might be a little small but honestly a 4mm stud is fine with me. BG has a few colorless Si but I read in a few threads that people that have both ACA and BG signature studs like the ACA better. You know I’ll be cracking before you know it. I do still have to upgrade my old anniversary band and look in to a larger sapphire for my RHR.

I wandered the house tonight looking for 2 missing killer rabbits. That is sure making me nervous. I am worried Marty has been hidden somewhere and pop out at me sometime.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Deegee, LOL on cleaning the kitchen! I actually have to take everything out of my kitchen today because the CB and his brother are removing my cabinets tomorrow to begin The Great Kitchen Renovation. I have plenty of time though because I am trapped here from 11:30 to 3:30 waiting for the gas company guy to come and switch out the squeaking meters right out side my door. We'll see how that goes...

Curby, you're killin' me with all this taking off of your rings!!! At least get one of those things you put around your neck to keep them on while they aren't on your fingers. Ack! I got some new insoles yesterday so hopefully those will help my tootsies. I've been really good about stretching before I get out of bed even, and also several times during the day, so we'll see. Something kind of weird is going on now though because the bottom of my right foot is tingling like it's asleep. Does NO part of my body work right anymore?!

Yesterday I went to Pier 1 and exchanged a gift and then I stopped at Marshalls and Sports Authority. I tried on a couple of T-shirts at Marshalls and the fabric was so thin on one of them you could see right through it. Seriously, you could see the pink of my skin, my bra (which was nude, not some wacky color), and the line right where my pants began. Who would buy that? Thank god I tried it on first. I also got a really cute dress on super discount at Sports Authority. I probably shouldn't have though because it has long sleeves and it fits me now and I'm hoping that by the time I can wear a long sleeved dress again I will have lost enough weight that it will be too big. Why do I do things like that?!?

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay- I had the hardest time this summer finding Tshirts that weren't cut down to my belly button and see through. My go-to store for plain Tshirts is Target, and those were not wearable this year! Ooohhh...I can't wait to see the kitchen renovation. You've got your credit card issue straightened out, right? You'll be needing it!

Marcy-you take your rings off that often? Holy cow! Mine would have been long gone. I take mine off for lotion and before bed, and that's generally it. Maybe that's why mine always look like they could stand a good cleaning. Denise emailed back with answers to my questions, and it told her to go ahead and email me the RA number. I can't believe I'm finally going to make a decision! Don't let me chicken out!! I've been thinking about a band like your new WF band to go with it. Do you still like it? Is it blingy enough? Yours is so pretty. Wow-I can't imagine living somewhere with low humidity. We're at the point in the summer where you can actually just be standing still, not working up a sweat, and feel dampness on your skin and hair. When we walk at night, we feel like we're pushing through the air. Did you find your missing rabbits?

I didn't go to work Friday. I couldn't lift my legs Thursday night to put on my jammie bottoms, and I knew that didn't bode well for me being able to move on Friday. My hips and legs always seem to stiffen first, then my wrists and hands, and then the rest of my joints join the party. I stayed flat on my back and popped pills all day, and was moving much better by Saturday. Matt wanted to take my parents out to dinner last night, so we drove to KY and took them to one of their favorite Italian restaurants across the river in Ohio. Dad sure does look better, but having a lot of bone pain still. I have stayed pretty still today. I need my body to cooperate...my planning meetings at work start back up tomorrow. We absolutely have to get to the grocery store, so I'm going to go stand in a hot shower for a while. Seems like that will feel so good right now. Food today-peanut butter and banana sandwich on 35 calorie per slice bread. I measured my peanut butter to make sure I didn't overdo it, and I made myself not eat peanut butter right out of the jar. I love peanut butter. Yummmm.... Have a great Monday!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday!

Dee Jay, I can't wait to see your Great Kitchen Renovation finished! Yay for getting the squeaking meters replaced. I am sensitive to noise. Once I got my new diamond I was already thinking there is no WAY I should be taking off my diamond ring and leaving it at my desk, in my purse or elsewhere. BAD HABIT!!! I will check on one of those neck ring holders. I hope your new insoles are helping and I bet doing lots of stretches will help you as well. I've been having my left shoulder area falling asleep or being numb. The culprit could be too soft of a bed, a very worn out pillow that I've tried to replace with a dozen pillows then I never like them so I dig my old trusty pillow back out, or typing at my desk my arms stretched completely on my desk because my keyboards are back far enough to have papers in front of the keyboard. All of the above seem to irritate that spot. It kind of radiates in to my shoulder, upper back, neck and upper outside arm. I swear if I went to a doctor they'd never let me go home. It was a good thing you tried on that t-shirt. I wouldn’t be comfortable wearing something that see through and thin. You'll probably have some chilly days this summer when you can wear your cute new dress.

Deegee, yes I am very anal about taking my rings off any time I might get them dirty or will be washing my hands. I think I need to change my ways; it’s not like they won’t clean up again. That is great you have a RA number and Denise answered your questions. You may have a beautiful new ring before the summer is through. I love my WF band. It is very blingy. It is such a contrast from the Tiffany band. My wedding rings with the Tiffany band looks like a nice solitaire set with just a little added sparkle. My wedding rings with the WF band is quite a bit of bling and wow do they sparkle. When I see them in sunlight when I am driving I usually say “holy crap”. I still can’t say I like one more than the other and they give me 2 entirely different looks. My old channel set band was 3 pointers and the WF band is 5 pointers so it is a more substantial piece than my old band so I think it removes some focus from the diamond but it’s just a different look. The humidity there sounds awful. When we visit someplace like that it is so strange to me. My mascara smears when I put it on – here it dries instantly. Nail polish takes forever to dry – here it’s dry enough to touch after 2 coats in 10 minutes or less. Towels don’t dry in a day; here they are dry by noon. We have pretty much no humidity here. I even found Arizona humid compared to Wyoming. Sorry you are so sore this weekend; I hope resting today helped a lot. That was nice to go take your parents to one of their favorite restaurants. I am delighted to hear your dad sure looks better but I am sorry he is having pain. I think about him and your mom and wonder how they are doing.

Yesterday I got up and went straight to the grocery store. I got that nasty chore done first thing. I went to the busiest store in town because they have great fruit and I wanted a bowl of mixed fresh fruit. I went CRAZY. I spent $259 but I did stock up on things like baggies, foil, plastic wrap, disposable containers, trash bags, fruit, veggies, some meat and I don’t remember what else. My breakfast today was my mixed fruit. Mmm. It was delicious.

I made pasta salad yesterday with the fat free zesty Italian dressing. We’ll have some of that for lunch for a few days.

Today was our 23rd anniversary. Marty played golf then called me and we ended up drinking for over 4 hours with friends at the golf course. We were both pretty smashed. So one of our friends and his wife drove us downtown for dinner and trust me were we at the restaurant long enough to sober up. There were 5 of us and we were there over 2 ½ hours. Food was good but the service was awful.

I hope I can sleep tonight with that much booze in me. Usually I am too buzzy to sleep well after I drink that much.

I did email Wink and ask him to let me know if his pair of .40 E VS1 diamonds come off hold. I guess someone is looking at them for a 3 stone ring. I might have to write him back and ask what center stone they are considering – those would be killer side stones with a sapphire or big cushion.

Well I’d best get ready for bed.

Have a great Monday.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Deegee, I ordered some shells (just a little nicer than a t-shirt, but good enough to wear to work) from Lands End. The pink one in a medium fit great but I just looked in the mirror in the ladies room at the purple one I have on now and it's a bit big. I hate it when that happens. I also got it in aqua, but who knows what size that one will really be...

Curby, I have to be careful not to rest my elbow in a certain way on my desk or else my hand goes numb. It happened a lot when I was studying for the CPA exam at it was so annoying becuase I hand wrote so many notes and that's hard to do when you can't feel your fingers!

This weekend the CB hung up the big rug on the living room wall. I hate to say it, but it's a little too high. When we take it down so I can paint the board it's hanging from to blend in with the call I'm going to have him lower it about 6". The poor CB. And he and his brother demo'd my kitchen on Saturday with the exception of the fridge and the cabinets around the fridge because the carpenter can deal with all that and I didn't want to be without a way to keep things cold -- warm prosecco is just not acceptable!

I must have done something to my back in my sleep because it was a little iffy getting up and ready but between parking my car and walking the four blocks over to my office I am in some real pain. I actually squealed out in the elevator... And there were four other random strangers in there. I had to explain myself! Now I'm sitting here with ice on my back, I've taken four Aleve, and I'm hoping for the best. This could get ugly.

_19652.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the CB putting up the rug. The lighting is terrible because it was about 10 o'clock at night by then. I'm sure the neighbors really loved him pounding nails into the wall that late... NOT!

rug_on_wall.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday! :wavey:

Dee Jay, your place is so pretty! And BIG! Now the rebuilding can begin on your kitchen. Sweet. I like Land’s End clothing but their sizing does seem to vary; I know they have 3 different builds for fit. That would be difficult to write notes if your hand is numb. It’s like we are doing a Vulcan nerve pinch on ourselves. How is your back tonight? I hope it’s better.

When I woke up today I kind of felt like I drank too much yesterday – weird. :lol: I felt better as the day went on though.

Marty made us tacos for supper. There was enough left for both of us for lunch tomorrow until Marty had giant taco number 3. Rats. I'll leave the leftovers for him and go grab a sandwich tomorrow for me.

Hi Deegee!

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday!

I had another busy day at work. I left a bit early to get a hair cut. It's shorter, I got bangs and I like it but I wish she'd layer it more towards the top. I had a take a shower tonight because those stray hairs down my shirt were driving me crazy.

Marty cooked steak, corn and potatoes on the grill. It was way too much to eat but I had a little steak, my corn and 1/2 of my potato. I like the limited dishes I have from meals cooked on the grill. :appl:

Dee Jay, any progress on the Great Kitchen Renovation today? Whatever happened with your couches? Is your back better?

Deegee, did you get your ring sent off? I am so excited for you.

I talked to my second cousin's husband tonight. He said my cousin can kind of move her arm and legs this week. They are happy with her progress.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just checking in before I faint from exhaustion... Last night I had a flood come up from the drain in my master bath shower during the major rain storm. I had water 40 feet away clear into the kitchen, all over the bedroom, in the entryway, and the dining room. (Of course it's all one big room but those are the areas.) I built a dam out of all my towels and sheets before it got over to where the couches are or the assembled kitchen cabinets are sitting. It took hours to clean in all up and today I scrubbed the floor with vinegar and water three times. The hardwood is cupping, which means it's probably ruined. I called the insurance company and someone will have to come out. I have no idea if this will even be covered because I don't think I have flood coverage, but is this considered a "flood"? Of course they won't tell you anything useful over the phone. My back is killing me and I'm exhausted. Off to bed but wanted to let you guys know I hadn't fallen off the face of the earth. More tomorrow...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, Dee Jay. I hope your insurance covers the damage. What a mess for you and in your pretty new home. I hope your back feels better. :wavey:

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay- oh no! I'm so sorry to hear of the flooding. Our basement flooded after a huge storm when we lived in Ohio, and insurance replaced everything. We definitely didn't have flood insurance. I hope you get good news on that front. I bet you are exhausted. Put some ice on your back and prop your feet up for a while. Hugs.

Marcy-belated happy anniversary to you and Marty! We had quite a shock when we went grocery shopping Sunday. We had to keep reminding ourselves we hadn't been in weeks. I sure hope your cousin continues to make progress. My ring is in transit and I'm not sure whether to say yay, yippee or yikes! What have I done? A meal on the grill is awesome when it comes to dishes. So is a meal in the crockpot when you've used crockpot liners! I just discovered those things. Why did no one tell me about them before? 8)

Work is super busy. I got out today long enough to walk to the post office to mail my ring. I worked a few hours late, and noticed when I left there were only 2 cars remaining in the parking lot and I'm pretty sure one of those belonged to the guard. It's a 12-story building and I was next to last out. I am truly NOT that devoted of an employee!! Tomorrow is another long, busy day. If we don't go out of town for the 4th, I am thinking about working on Friday. No one should be there and I'm swamped. I could get lots done! Food has been great all week. Today I had my nature valley breakfast biscuits for breakfast, healthy choice chicken tortilla soup for lunch, and leftover pot roast and salad for dinner. I'm going to down a big glass of wine and head to bed. Have a great Thursday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I totally forgot to congratulate you and Marty on 23 years -- awesome! I really can't imagine anyone putting up with me for that long, LOL. I haven't had tacos in ages and now I'm in the mood after reading your post. The CB and I are going to Michigan for the weekend, my best friend from law school has a cottage up there, but maybe next week. Oh wait... I don't have a kitchen... never mind...!

Deegee, I'm so thrilled you sent your ring off! And I understand the *idea* of going in on Friday, really I do, but I truly hope you don't actually *do* it! Crockpots are amazing. I remember my grandmother whipping all sorts of tasty things up in them when I was a kid. Then again we are Irish and the Irish couldn't cook their way out of a paper bag so maybe my memory has been rose colored with time!

Today I scrubbed the master bathroom with bleach twice. I never got around to the other bathroom (which just needs a regular cleaning, not the Clorox Special) but I plan on doing that tomorrow morning. The wood floors are worse today. I got a call from someone at Travelers but no one has made an appointment to come out and see them yet. What a PITA...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday!

Deegee, thank you for the anniversary wishes. Grocery prices have gone up and when you don’t go for weeks the grand total is always a shock. How exciting you got your ring in the mail. I was a basket case during jewelry transit between here and WF. I am so excited for you. Oh and BTW, they have crock-pot liners that are great to use. :bigsmile: (I’m helpful that way). Sorry you are so busy at work. I hope you don’t have to work Friday.

Dee Jay, thank you for the anniversary wishes. We were talking at supper how amazing it is we have put up with each other that long. We decided we are crazy. :lol: We have homemade tacos about once a month. Hopefully you’ll have a great kitchen to cook in before you know it. Have fun with the CB at the cabin in Michigan. Good luck with Travelers. Maybe your insurance company would cover a cleaning service too.

I was mostly busy at work today and after testing new software I took an actual escape break in the break room for 15 minutes. It was awesome. We are leaving 2 hours early tomorrow so hopefully tomorrow zips by. I should take lunch too; that way I’ll work less hours.

We went to Olive Garden for supper. I am so full. We had salad and split an appetizer and had a little bit of spaghetti. We can have the rest of our spaghetti for lunch tomorrow.

After supper we wandered around Michaels then Bed Bath and Beyond.

Marty is off to Serbia next week. Our French doors are showing up Monday and he is leaving Tuesday. Rats. I will be so glad to get rid of those sliding glass doors.

Have a great Thursday.

If you take off for a holiday weekend have fun and be safe!

Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday! :wavey:

Dee Jay, how is your clean up coming along? Did you hear from your insurance?

Deegee, are you resting this weekend? I hope you don't have to work tomorrow.

Today was quite interesting. I have been trying to figure out how to get 2 of my employees to realize "yes, you have heard it before and you've heard it many times". I think peer pressure might have nudged one of them in the right direction today. I'll see if it sticks and they actually do something to change it.

I got off work 2 hours early. Some friends came over for a few drinks. We played some games and ordered pizza.

I hope you have a safe and wonderful Independence Day!

Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday!

We had a busy but uneventful holiday yesterday. We began by dining at Perkins for breakfast. Then I hung out in the golf cart while Marty practiced at the range then I rode around with Marty while he played golf. We split a burger for lunch then came home and had a movie night and popcorn for supper. We were going to go back out to watch the local fireworks but we had really cloudy skies and intermittent rain so we rented "Gravity" to watch.

We also wandered around all the local home improvement stores and Sears to look at dishwashers and refrigerators. We had 2 picked out but then reading reviews today I am on the fence. It's not like I need either one of them.

Today I stayed home and did laundry then met Marty for a drink then lupper (late lunch early supper). I am going to do the golf ride again tomorrow. Marty's golf buddy is out of town this weekend so now it's my turn.

I walked over to get our mail and "Surprise!". You remember there was a guy at the bank who wouldn't tell me about my dad's life insurance policy because my dad had referred to it as an annuity? Well my dad had a CD with him. I got a maturity date / auto renewal notice for my dad in the mail about it. That is the same bank that cancelled my dad's credit card with them without telling me about it so all the refunds I asked for from places took me months to get. I wouldn't change a dollar in that bank when I am done. That reminds me I need to go clean out the safety deposit box before it comes due again. I just wonder how many of these things out there that I don't know about. My mom inherited a nice little sum of money from her aunt and I know she bought CD's and certificates with it and I have no idea if those were all cashed out. My one sister thinks they spent it all over the years but since I wanted them to spend every cent they had I never paid attention to what they did with their money. Should I tell my sisters? :lol:

Laters,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A Tiffany selfie at the golf course.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1404669593.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday!

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

We went out for breakfast again then I rode around in the golf cart. Marty's golf buddy got back to town about 3 this afternoon so I brought the trucklet home and Marty played a second round of golf for the day.

Marty leaves for Serbia on Tuesday. Rats.

I have been searching BGD, WF and HPD for diamonds for studs. BGD has some H in the size range I want. Small 1/2 carat diamonds are not plentiful.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids.

Curby, I love the pic of your ring! As for the CD -- I can't believe the bank didn't tell you about that, but then again given their history of non-disclosure it seems pretty typical. Every time I read that Marty is going to Serbia I see SIBERIA in my brain!

The CB and I went up to a friend's cottage for a long weekend. We had a much better time there last year; this year a childhood friend of my friend's was there and he is one of the most obnoxious people I've ever met in my life. And that's saying A LOT. We bolted home early yesterday.

The claims person from Travelers called me yesterday afternoon. It seems I have only $5,000 coverage for water backing up into my unit. Super. I just paid over $15,000 to have just half of the floors replaced. This is going to be an enormous PITA. It rained last night and I lay there wide awake listening for any HINT of water. It made for a long night...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday!

Dee Jay, I am sorry to hear your insurance will only cover $5000 towards floor damage. Ouch. I can believe you would stay awake listening for water last night. You pay all that money for insurance and they get you on the fine print. You don't know what coverage you need until it's too late. Rats that you spent your weekend with an obnoxious person. Hopefully there was enough wine to make him more tolerable. Of course I'd be more apt to want to tell him to shut the h*ll up. I was amusing myself at the golf course by posting a jewelry selfie. I am weird. That bank does have a policy of non-disclosure. Marty said I didn't ask them the right question. I read today your fine city had 82 shootings and 14 murders this weekend. Aak!

I was very busy at work today. Had 4 meetings too. Tomorrow we are entertaining a guy from corporate for about 4 hours.

Marty dropped his iPad today on the tile floor of his kitchenette downstairs and the glass cracked. Since he is leaving for Serbia (or Siberia) tomorrow he bought a new one. We can send this one in to be fixed for $150 and they send us a refurbed one.

I have the Apple Care on my iPad Air and on my laptop. He has it on his laptop but not on his iPad that broke. He got it on the new one today.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, there is also an item in the policy about $5,000 remediation for fungi so I am going to make the argument that I am worried about mold and therefore the cost of tearing up the floor and the wet subfloor and also looking into what's going on behind the baseboard and potentially the drywall should be covered separately under that $5,000 amount. I added up the value of the rugs and pads that were ruined and I'm at about $1,800. Thank god I was able to save all the good rugs and really only the one under the bed is a total gonner. The association still hasn't replied to my email from yesterday... no big surprise there.

Last night I had a piece of left over fried chicken with three glasses of wine while I read the Illinois Condominium Property Act front to back. I haven't looked at that thing in it's entirety since my second year of law school. Fascinating stuff. NOT! I smell a lawsuit brewing...

Today I have to get my teeth cleaned. I've been really bad and skipped the dentist for about two years now. Not at all like me, but what can I say -- I've been busy!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, wave at Marty at the airport in about an hour an a half. Right now he has a 38 minute layover so hopefully he makes his connecting flight. He'll be mad if he doesn't make it because he was upgraded all the way to Serbia.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Marty! :wavey:

Remember that OJ Simpson commercial where he was running through the airport? Well make like OJ because you sure the hell don't want to go coach the whole way to Serbia -- run Marty run!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results