shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 6th October till 12th October

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been bad...
7.gif

After my killer workout on Monday I haven''t been good. I skipped the gym yesterday (it was raining, I was tired, hungry, needed to do laundry, excuses excuses) and had chicken fingers for dinner! I did do some situps and a little bit of weights at home though while watching TV. Now I''m sitting at work and really don''t want to go to the gym this afternoon- I''m still tired, its still rainy, and I need to put away my laundry... I''m full of excuses! If I don''t make it to the gym, maybe I''ll try my 30day shred video for the first time. Anyway, I''m trying to motivate myself by posting here to get back into the groove. I think Monday''s workout just kicked my bootie!!

Hope the rest of you are doing better than I am!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids! Did an hour on the dreadmill this morning. Was going to throw in some arms too but I am sore from Monday so I think I''ll save that for another day or two. Not much else to report. The HH is still in Prague so I''m eating crazy things (can you say "everything out of a package" LOL!?!)

Gotta take the monsters for a walk. Be back later!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
mischa, plus I hate spending money on stuff I can do just as well
3.gif

Zoe, I like pale colors on my finger nails and dark or bright colors on my toes.

Crown, I DO!?! Wow! I figured I look short b/c I am only 5''1"
15.gif
. I really wish I was taller but there is nothing I can do about that
2.gif

Kimberly, Thank you. I hate complainers and get annoyed with myself if I become one.

Marcy, I use Essie or OPI. Cheaper polish bubbles on me. Not sure why. One day at a time I a good attitude. It is just hard b/c DH (he is a great guy...really!) reminds me that I have weight to lose and I obviously can see it. Most my friends (if not all) lost their baby weight by now so it makes me feel like a slacker.

goingcrazy, it is hard to motivate myself too! It''s nice when the weather is nice b/c I just take the baby for a walk (fights boredom AND weight...win win) but it is raining here today too.

Dee*Jay, you are so lucky your DH cooks! I bet you miss him.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Freaky cold day--no outdoor exercise for me; so I went to the gym. Seemed foreign since i have not been to the pool since the weather has been fine. I did my water running for 45 minutes and I was tired!! Running against the current in the lazy river works muscles I don''t know I have......

It is our Thanksgiving weekend here--so lots of eating and drinking planned.....mmmmm gravy!
9.gif

Keep well folks!
35.gif

cheers--Sharon

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

It was a busy day between work and tutoring and I''m wiped, so I skipped my class. DH is making dinner (fish and veggies) and that''s my story.

Tacori, if you ever start complaining excessively I''ll let ya know, I promise!

Have a great night all.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone!

35.gif
I went to the mall after school tonight.One of the jewelry stores was having a remount sale.They had 3 small trays of colored stones and a few loose stones with “fakish” looking certification cards.They actually had a nice pink spinel and a really nice yellow sapphire.I went because I have something from them I want to upgrade.I have a ½ ct heart solitaire ring that I wear with a diamond ring enhancer.I want to put the heart in a 3 stone ring that has blue sapphires as the side stones.Their sapphires were gross, dark and not transparent.I wore my sapphire ring to show them “this is what I want”.They are going to order in a few stones for me to look at then we can order the ring.Originally I thought I’d go white gold but since I have a sapphire bracelet, pendant and earrings in yellow gold already I’ll probably go that route.I’ll see what price they come up with too because I would trade in the enhancer towards it.I am just trying to help the economy!

I Love Asschers, sorry to hear you are not feeling well.

14.gif
I am glad you had a nice nap yesterday.I hope you feel better soon.

GoingCrazy, did you try your new video?

DeeJay, sorry to hear you are eating out of packages this week.You’ll be glad when your husband gets home.

Tacori, I generally use pinks or mauves for nail polish.I picked up some OPI at the mall tonight.

Sharon, we have snow in the forecast for the weekend.Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Kimi, I hope you got to take it easy this evening.

Have a great Thursday.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SanDiegoLady, I am glad you had fun shopping. I love Crate and Barrel and Williams Sonoma. We are going to wander around them when we get to Denver soon to pick out a house warming gift for a friend. Rats for retaining water.

Have a great day my HLT friends.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/9/2008 1:24:26 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Hi Sharon!!! Are you coming this a way anytime soon? I would love to see winter pictures when you have them :)
HI:

Not a chance--studying like you. But my DH absolutely LOVED San Deigo--he wants to live there! Had a great time and adored the weather. We''ll go there next summer I think. BTW, I''ll post some pictures of snow when it arrives! Maybe we could do a house exchange for 5 months starting in Novermber!!!
9.gif

Weather is chilly today; there was sleet yesterday but it cleared up. My legs are sore from yesterday''s forray in the pool, so I''ll get fuggetabout anything but walking indoors! owww!

Keep well folks!

cheers--Sharon

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Did a hard workout this morning (65 mins on the hampster wheel with my heart rate in the 170s). Found out that this guy I see several mornings a week is/was a law professor at the same time/place I was in law school. He teaches evidence and I know I never had him (I was in a different section) but what we know a lot of the same people. Small world!

Doing a bunch of random errands today and then meeting up with someone this afternoon. Eating again (thank god!) and hopefully I''ll even be able to SLEEP now that the alarm guy has come and fixed our alarm system, which has been going off at 2:00 am for the past several nights in a row due to the battery backup going dead.

Gotta hop -- be back later!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Ooops I''m still here! I haven''t been doing so good this week actually, lots of eating out while running errands to get done for the wedding before I leave town (can''t come back again til christmas). Also I''m getting stressed already because my dad is trying to take over the wedding already (we''ve only been engaged for 2 weeks!) anyways, FI took me to coldstone creamery last night to destress, UGH I need to get back on track. I also am searching for a good work out video

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Shoot I almost forgot, the present he got me was a cute italian charm bracelet with my favorite football team on it (49ers) one says "I love my cat" and one has my birthstone on it and the last one is a pair of ballet shoes (i did ballet for 17 years) it''s very sweet and i can''t wait to keep adding to it :)

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I had my PT today and it was a really good session. When I went down there I just wasn''t feeling it, still in vacation mode but I think all the walking I did in Paris really helped. Our trainer always has us do two rounds of lunges up and down and long hallway with some sort of weights and I always complain, I did it without complaining today...she and my partner were very impressed. I did really well on everything else too...except for the Roman chair abs, but those were last and I detest them.

Last night was my first healthy meal in awhile....herb dijon marinated pork tenderloing with some rice and veggies...nice to have a homecooked meal (but I did love the Paris gourmet). Also was scrambling for lunch today since I hadn''t been to the store in awhile and didnt have much time to eat with meetings, however I had bought some fruit cups for the hurricane so I had that with my hurricane style PB sandwhich on wheat, a kashi granola bar, and a bag of baked ruffles.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.I can’t believe they are predicting snow for the weekend.I was freezing at work today.I have lost all my insulation – it’s going to be a rough winter.Oh well, I can easily find thermals in my size.
I made breakfast for supper.We had 45 calorie SL wheat toast, some hash browns (with very little oil), an egg and canadian bacon.It was yummy.We’ve been eating leftover lasagna all week so it was good to have something different.

Sharon, I hope your legs feel better soon.

San Diego Lady, that would be quite a commute for you guys between your job and Sharon’s house.I will be sure to check out their holiday stuff when we go shopping.

DeeJay, glad to hear the alarm system is getting fixed.I always have the battery go out in our smoke detector that is in the peak of our cathedral ceiling when Marty is out of town.Timing is everything.

Smurfy, I remember it well how the families try to take over wedding plans.Stick to your guns and have the wedding you want your way.Good luck!Your charm bracelet sounds pretty.Post pictures sometime.

Appletini, that is great to know all the walking in Paris was so healthy for you.

Take care and have a great Friday.
35.gif

Marcy

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

I''m struggling a bit with the make it to the gym thing this week. I was on the phone with DH while headed from work to the gym and ended up turning left, towards home, instead of right, towards the gym (my subconscience must have taken over after a challenging schoold day that caused a huge headache). So he said if I came home he''d go with me tomorrow, and I''ll still be able to get in 4 workouts this week.

SDL, I was talking to a co-worker about the weather yesterday. I think we San Diegans forget it''s always hot this time of year and it''s always cold and grey in June. It''s just the way our weather systems work and I don''t mind it. I''m a cold weather girl, for sure, but I feel lucky that I can drive to the beach to cool off any day I choose.

Marcy, I did relax last night and I started a new book this afternoon, hooray!

Have a great night all.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
I didn''t end up going to the gym on Tuesday or Wednesday, but I did do some weights and ab exercises at home. I played in my softball game last night, we got killed as always! I''ll be out of town all weekend, so I doubt I''ll get any exercise in then either- this has been my worst workout week yet other than when I was sick. I''m excited to get back on track starting with my Monday workout with my trainer! Hope you all have a great weekend!!
1.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Bleah. I am having an off couple of days. For some reason, I just *feel* fat. I haven''t been eating all that badly, and my clothes still fit (or are even looser) but I feel fat. So I am going to try to be extra vigilant these next few days to see if I can''t shake it.

Tacori-Not sure if I said this before, but your daughter is PRECIOUS. And we share a birthday! Is she having a big party? I am like you re: pale colors for hands, and bright on toes. Except now I have a DARK purple on my toes (more fallish) and I am loving it. I just got Nars Orgasm for my fingers, and I love that too.

Marcy-Good luck with your new jewelery project! I saw the pics of your sapphire set-gorgeous color!

Hope everyone else is doing well!
35.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone
I wanted to start by apologizing for my absence. The past few weeks have been rather crazy, our computer died, SO had some bad things happen that we are still working through, and the treadmill BROKE.
We got the treadmill and computer fixed and I''m getting back into my groove. I am down to 118 though bouncing around this week from stress I''m assuming (SO''s troubles are worrying me so). This morning I did crunches and I''m planning to do a full blast workout tomorrow morning.
Hope all is well with everyone, I''ll play catch up later.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday all!

Did 65 mins on the dreadmill this morning and two sets of arms. I think I''m going to have to do arms three times a week going forward becuase I want results FASTER (imagine that -- *ME* being impatient, LOL!). And I seriously need to do something more intense about my butt. All those squats are great but my knees are killing me so if anyone has any suggestions that won''t kill my knees please tell me!

Picking the HH up at the airport in about two hours and we''re heading to Lake Geneva for the weekend. Looks like perfect weather, although not very fall like. Who can really complain about 75 and sunny though?!

See you all on Monday! Have a great weekend everyone!

P.S. - Where''s Skippy? Is she on vacation or something and I just missed it? I really miss her!!!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
i suck, i had to do a vending machine lunch today bc i am broke and didnt bring lunch (literally i had to dig nickels out) and i ended up with a quaker oats strawberry crisp bar (about the healthiest thing in there, 130 cal. 2.5 g of fat, 0 chol. but 100 mg of sodium UGH) and a diet coke. but on the upside i walked down 4 floors to get it and took the stairs on the way back up so i figure that might make up for it lol

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hello WWTers- I''m baaack!

Can''t believe that I''ve been MIA for well over a month. I fell off the wagon activity-wise. Food intake was mostly healthy, so that certainly helped me maintain.

I decided about 2 weeks ago to FINALLY get serious about getting back into shape and that a more structured program was in order. Just going to the gym and getting on the treadmill for 30 minutes 4 times a week wasn''t cutting it. I need motivation and guidance from a professional. So i signed up for a ladies-only bootcamp. I''ve been heading to a local park bright and early each morning since Monday. We start out with a warm up, do some stretching, zoom into cardio and then cool down. The whole thing is 1hr and 15mins.

Yep, it''s been tough getting up at 5:30 each morning, and starting the workout in the dark. But it''s been fun too! The girls are great and encouraging to one another. The goal is to get the best out of each person, not compete or compare with other girls in the boot camp.

The workouts are extremely challenging, and I''m doing the best i can to give it my all (so tough!) The cardio portion of the workout has varied each day, and I''m digging that. We went for a hike today, and it was the perfect ending to the workout week. One week down, three more to go! I''m really excited to see what my body is capable of.

As excited as I am i''m just disappointed that my endurance and stamina just plain suck! And i''ve never been so sore in all my life! It''s pathetic. Yep, the soreness sucks, but it''s really been an eye-opener for how out of shape I truly am. I''ve made a personal commitment to not let myself "go" again.

Anyway, just wanted to pop in here and share. I need to get caught up with the rest of the thread, but see from my skimming that y''all are doing FABULOUS. You guys ROCK!
36.gif

I''ll be back soon...

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Hi HLTers!

I have been not very good about following a healthy lifestyle for the last few months. I haven't really gained weight, but I haven't lost it either. I thought maybe getting back into the Healthier Lifestyle Thread would help. So here I am. I've missed you guys!

One thing I've been really bad about now that Kris has a job and I've still been unemployed is eating well during the day. I've been doing a thing where I get busy and don't eat anything all day or eat something unhealthy and don't really have a proper meal until dinner. That really needs to stop.

I have an interview on Monday, so I'm hoping that that will turn into a job and I will have more of a routine going. Wooo!

ETA: It seems like this is the week for a bunch of us getting back on the wagon! LOL.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All!

So we went for a nice, long, power walk (DH''s term when he was out of breath and tired of me pushing him) through the ''hood this afternoon. We had gym plans but it was so gorgeous out I squelched it and walking we went. I also ran .75 miles this morning with our students, in flip flops (man I''m tricky!).

SDL, I am a cool, crisp girl for sure. I have our bedroom windows open right now for when it''s time to crawl into bed. It''ll be just the way I like it once I get there. We were staying in Coronado when it rained, so we missed the bulk of it and I was a bit sad.

Dee, have a wonderful time at the lake!

Welcome back, Charger! Your team is having a rough season.

LP, so glad to see you.

Miska, I''m the same weight as always but -- TMI WARNING -- it''s that time of month so I feel fatter than normal. I''m so sorry! No more bleh''s, just keep on truckin''.

Smurf, I eat meal replacement bars for lunch a few times a week, I don''t think it''s such a bad thing, just make sure they''re loaded with vitamins, or you''re taking a supplement.

Have a great Friday night all.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! I have been *LAZY* the past few days. With the rain I haven''t done any exercise. I also just realized that my dizzy spells (when I reach down to pick something up or turn my head quickly) are not normal (not sure why I passed them off as just part of life for the past few years). I asked DH if he ever feels dizzy and he was freaked (which never happens by the way) and said I should call my dad ASAP (who is a doctor) and see a doctor. So I called my dad and he said sounds like too much salt in my diet. So the easiest thing to do is try to cut the salt out as much as possible for a week and see if it improves. If not then I will take the next step and see a doctor (guess I am due for a physical anyways).

Marcy, what color did you get? Fun fun! I love getting a new nail polish and I get them rarely.

Miscka, good thing she is so cute b/c she is why I need to lose weight! Whenever I want to throw myself a pity party (with lots of cake) I just look at her. She is a true blessing. How fun you share a birthday! She was born during the Ohio State/ Wisconsin football game which is SO fitting. DH is from Ohio, I am from Wisconsin. Isn''t that funny? Dark purple...ohhhh...I actually went to buy a dark purple but ended up with a light pale pink. Maybe on my next trip. I am like you and reserve the brights for spring/summer...dark for fall/winter.

Everyone keep up the good work!!! Lots of weight loss dust for all!

Dee*Jay, her FIL is in town so she is busy, busy. Hopefully she''ll be back soon!

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to check in. I''ve been MIA, sadly because I have shingles right now
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
I''ve been cooped up at home all week long, primarily sleeping and trying not to scratch myself. My doc says I have another two weeks or so of it to go. UGH!!! I feel like there have been so many intervening things in the last several weeks that have thrown me off track.

Hope everyone''s doing well. Sorry I haven''t been keeping up
38.gif

*HUGS* (thankfully a virtual one cuz I could be contagious to those who haven''t had chickenpox!)

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2008 11:29:05 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Hi everyone! I have been *LAZY* the past few days. With the rain I haven't done any exercise. I also just realized that my dizzy spells (when I reach down to pick something up or turn my head quickly) are not normal (not sure why I passed them off as just part of life for the past few years). I asked DH if he ever feels dizzy and he was freaked (which never happens by the way) and said I should call my dad ASAP (who is a doctor) and see a doctor. So I called my dad and he said sounds like too much salt in my diet. So the easiest thing to do is try to cut the salt out as much as possible for a week and see if it improves. If not then I will take the next step and see a doctor (guess I am due for a physical anyways).

Tacori--I get dizzy spells occasionally as well and it's been attributed to my low blood pressure. I don't know if this could be the case with you?

Hi Kimberly!!! I'm glad to be back.
9.gif

I made delicious Thai Panang curry tonight with chicken, green beans, onion, and bell pepper. Yum! Then because Kris is not feeling well, I made hot toddies (I swear--whiskey is a cure-all) and we're about to head to bed. Goodnight all!

ETA: Panda, I'm so sorry to hear about the shingles! Boo. I hope you feel better soon!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi everyone! I hope you had a great day.It is sure chilly tonight.Snow is coming this weekend.Rats.We met the in-laws for supper tonight and I did eat chips and salsa plus some dessert.I walked on the treadmill tonight and burned off some of those extra calories.

9.gif

Kimi, your walk sounds fun.Starting a new book sounds like a great idea.I’ve been ordering magazines lately to keep myself occupied.I like to be warm when I sleep.Marty likes to be cold so I usually end up with most of the covers on top of me.

GoingCrazy, rats for getting losing your softball game this week.I am always lax on the weekends but clean up my act on Monday. I am undecided if I want to lose more weight or not so I am just trying to stay around the same weight for now.
Miscka, since your clothes are lose or even loser I am sure you are probably just feeling something like water retention.Thanks for wishing luck on my new project.I also was hunting around tonight for something to put in my original erring.I want a 5 to 5.5mm round probably in blue or violet.I found a color change sapphire at gemrite that looks interesting.I am always trying to find ways to spend part of my next teaching check.I need to paint my toenails this weekend – I should try something darker than pink.I have some red and dark mauves.

Dragonfly, it is good to hear from you.Sorry to hear you had computer and treadmill trouble.That is great your weight is down.

DeeJay, pretty much everything I’ve tried to help my butt kills my knees too.Silly knees.Have fun on your getaway this weekend.75 and sunny sounds great; we are going to be in the 30’s with snow.

SanDiegoLady, fire season is scary.I didn’t realize this time of year was so bad for that.

Smurfysmiles, it doesn’t sound like that was a horrible lunch but probably not to filling for you.

ChargerGirl, it’s good to see you here again.Your boot camp sounds fun and challenging.I’d struggle to get up early to go do that but it is worth it.

LadyPirate, good luck with your interview on Monday.

Tacori, I hope cutting out salt gets rid of your headache.I got Aphrodite’s pink nightie; I like the color.

Panda, I am so sorry to hear you have shingles.Marty’s grandmother gets them and I know they are miserable.Hugs to you.Feel better.

Have a great weekend.
35.gif

Marcy

appletini

Ideal_Rock
quick check in...I did my 30 min walk/jog routine this morning and my pace was faster than normal, I guess it was all that walking in Paris. Have a great weekend!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Hello!

I am feeling a little bit better, but I didn''t go to the gym so much. Me and my boyfriend did go on a couple walks, which we normally don''t do, so that was encouraging. I have been eating better (aka not getting seconds) and I feel a little bit better. My legs are definitely more muscular and I have more energy from going to the gym!!!

I know this week is almost over, but I want to make a good last effort!
3.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Took a walk around our (hilly) neighborhood with the monkey. Also trying to cut down my salt intake (kinda overwhelmed about that one).

Hope everyone is doing well and having a happy and healthy weekend!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Saturday!
cheerleader1.gif
We were busy today wandering around and doing errands.Marty ordered some new glasses this morning and got some gas perm contacts to try for the first time.Then we went to breakfast and then went shopping.I found some cords for $15 – I didn’t try them on yet but if I like them I might go back and get another color.I also got some new shoes.We finished up our earrands picking up some groceries.I made some mashed potatoes and mini meatloaves for supper.We have enough for a few more meals.

It’s in the 30’s here today and they predict a couple of inches of snow tonight.
east%20coast%20psers.gif
I hope to stay home tomorrow and work on the house and laundry.
When we were at the mall I stopped by the jewelry store to see if my sapphires were in yet – not too impatient since they probably only looked in to ordering them on Thursday.
1142023wc11ro40lj.gif

Appletini, that is great your walking speed has picked up.
runaround1.gif
I added some time on the treadmill last night so I’ll be able to burn off a few more calories.
ILoveAsschers, how fun to go for some walks with your boyfriend.We wandered around the mall today but that always costs money because one of us always finds something to buy.Good for you skipping seconds.
thum12.gif

Tacori, how fun to take a nice walk with the little cutie.
littleangel.gif
Good luck with reducing your salt intake.I don’t use any extra salt at all anymore and sure don’t miss it.
Michelle, that is awesome you had your first night on your own at work.I am sure you were awesome.
thmbupemot.gif

Have a great Sunday.Enjoy the warm weather for me wherever you are because it’s not warm here.
Marcy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results