shape
carat
color
clarity

Healthier Lifestyle Thread 13th October till 19th October

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All,

Worked, worked out, had chicky and potatoes w/ fruit salad for dinner. We didn''t go out to eat once last week and I''ve gained 2 pounds...WIERD! My body expects those calories.

So I was a bit lax in the workout dept. last week; I''m so tired by the time I get home from school, and feel like I''ve been running, literally, all day that I just need to dig deep and find motivation to get to the gym. I am such an exercise lover that it''s really strange when I can''t find inspiration to get thee to the gym. I was proud of myself today, as the crazy SoCal winds have left my head all stuffed up, but I was determined.

PD, you are a rock star with your 9.7 miles!

Rod, nice to see you. J just aksed me how you are yesterday and I said you''d been a bit MIA. Now I can report back.

Lorelei, you have such great openers.

Zoe, you made me want to drive to Julian this weekend for apple picking.

Gecko that''s some crazy incentive! Can your DH talk to mine?

Tacori, slow and steady does win the race, I''m a testament to that as well. Keep up your great work!

''Night all.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rod, glad to hear you had a great day and lost those few pounds.Tell Charlie to get better soon.How sweet for one of Charlie’s co-worker to make him some soup.We are going to be back in the 50’s tomorrow so I’ll take that over 30’s any day.

Kimi, rats for gaining 2 pounds from not eating out.I am trying to only eat out a couple of times a week to help curb those extra splurges.I hope your head clears up.

See you tomorrow.

35.gif

Marcy

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
nothing much to report since this morning. i stuck to my menu at work, and since i had my string cheese with lunch, i threw in an afternoon snack of fage mixed with blackberry preserves. Although i''m trying to keep the calories down, i''m also working on paying special attention to when my body is hungry. After all, i''m exercising relatively hard (for me) 5x a week, so a few extra calories won''t hurt.

all this talk of apple-themed dishes kinda reminded me of some of the meals we had this weekend. DH and were on a pumpkin kick, and made a couple of pumpkin recipes. pumpkins and apples just scream AUTUMN to me!

pumpkin/ginger panccakes (note, not from cooking light, but not too bad): http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1011247
pasta with mushrooms and pumpkin gorgonzola sauce: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=550003

we had the last of the pasta tonite (lasted us for 3 nites!), and then i made the sauce for mara''s lasagna as it''s supposed to sit overnight in the fridge. i''ll assemble it tomorrow after work and that should last us for a couple of nites. i just realized that we''re sure eating a lot of pasta! at least it''s all low-ish fat. come thursday, i''ll be ready for some fish!

''night everyone- here''s to a healthy week!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Yet another enticement from the hubby. He bought me an ipod shuffle on the condition that I have to use it to walk on lunch at least twice a week. Works for me!

Date: 10/13/2008 10:03:02 PM
Author: Rod

Wow.....diamonds for working out and becoming healthier Gecko?? WOW!! So.......you planning to hit your goal by what, 5'00 PM tomorrow evening?!!!
LMAO. I wish! LOL! Pumpkin Chicken Breast? Interesting.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
So, didn''t do so hot yesterday. Got stressed out and ate my way through it. Oh well, today is a new day, right? I''ve got healthy snacks with me and have no excuse not to eat my healthy food today! And DH is going to Turbo Jam with me tonight.

Diva - he really is awesome. Good for you for hitting the gym!

SDL - I sleep better when it''s cool too. Love the cold for sleeping! Dislike it the rest of the time, LOL.

SmurfySmiles - I still have to fight the college food mentality too. It''s hard, but good for you for cooking!

ILoveAsschers13 - Oooh wow! I''m going to have to try that apple taffy thing.

Marcy - Thanks! I really did think Lorelei was talking to me, LOL.

KimberlyH -
9.gif
I''ll have to tell hubby he needs to chat with everyone''s spouses.

PD - Holy 9.7 Miles!
23.gif
You''re my hero.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
SDL - Your mention of flannel sheets made me think of my Beech sheets. Have you ever tried them? They are seriously the softest things EVER. I love them. Pure Beech Sheets

BeechSheets.JPG

appletini

Ideal_Rock
No PT for me this week and next. I was supposed to go on Thurs but at the last minute work chose me to attend the Texas Women''s Conference on Thursday, so I switched my session to today but my trainer went home sick, but my PT partner and I still had a great workout just the two of us. No PT next week due to scheduling conflicts, so I''ll try to get some exercise on my own.

I''ve been wanting to try some of those bamboo type sheets...i''ll be putting them on my Xmas wishlist.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Boot camp this morning was more challenging than usual, due to the crappy air conditions here in the San Fernando Valley. We're got a couple of fires raging along the northern perimeter of it, which just SUCKS!

Other than that, i'm just plugging away at the office...

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2008 1:10:37 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 10/14/2008 10:21:09 AM
Author: geckodani
SDL - Your mention of flannel sheets made me think of my Beech sheets. Have you ever tried them? They are seriously the softest things EVER. I love them. Pure Beech Sheets
REALLY? I've been buying 600 thread count sheets! The flannel isn't so much for softness as it is for warmth. I know, I know.. but our garage is right below our bedroom and when it starts to weather change here, our garage is a magnet for either cold or heat. Whoever built these homes should be slapped- hard.

I'm up for the week (sadly) but I haven't been overly motivated (sadly) and I didn't walk last night like I was going to because I actually got hubby to watch a movie with me (Pearl Harbor).. Kay can't make lunch today
39.gif
so I'll clean and walk instead :)
Really. I used to buy 600 thread count sheets and now won't EVER go back. Sorry you're not feeling motivated - but yay for a movie with the hubby!

ETA: Appletine, you should try them! They're great!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, let me just start off by saying that I''m really p!ssed off. The HH is working from home today so I decided to go over to Caribou with my laptop. I got some hot cocoa, with SKIM milk and NO whipped cream and now that I look it up it was STILL 430 cals. WTF?!? It''s not even 2 o''clock and I''m already at 1160 cals for the day. Argh!

Anyway, I did 65 hard mins on the hampster wheel this morning.

We''re thinking about going to some charity thing tonight but the HH has a cold so maybe not. And given my cal disaster I would actually be OK if we didn''t go, but we''ll see.

Gecko, I just bought new 620 thread count sheets last week and I LOVE them! We got to the point that we didn''t have a single set of matching sheets in the whole house because the puppy kept chewing holes in them, but now that he''s older I''m hoping this is over. (And if I''m wrong I''m going to be REALLY mad, LOL.)

Charger, sorry to hear about the fires near you.

Apple, good for you for working out even without your PT!

Michelle, I''m right there with you about not running even if my hair were on fire, ha ha!

Marcy, a dusting of snow?
23.gif

Kimi, I have to splurge a couple of times a week too or my body starts to hoard cals. Counterintuitative (sp?) I know, but it''s what happens for me.

Rod, you got up early -- voluntarily? What IS up with that?
2.gif

Princess, 9.7 miles -- WOW!!!

ILA, I''ve seen people using the punching gloves with a trainer at the gym and they do look like fun!

Smurfy, good for you for getting stuff to cook dinner at home!

Zoe, your chicken sounded delish!

Diva, don''t worry about going to the gym for the first time in months--we''ve all been there--and at least you went!

Linda, I''ve never had home made applesauce, but yours sounds yummy!

Studyer, I know what you mean about the ol'' metabolism slipping with age...
39.gif

Tacori, I love that you can "work out" with Tessa!

Lor, I forgot to tell you that I was at some perfume store over the weekend sniffing all sorts of things and of course I thought of you!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Alright ladies, I found this after some digging :) Who wants to try it first, I have no money haha (just got my cat neutered and it wiped out my bank account, lame) Doesn''t look tooooooo terrible and you''d cut out even more calories if you didn''t have the frozen yogurt included but what''s the fun in that right? Haha Oh and try not to eat the WHOLE pan!!! lol
35.gif

Healthy Apple Crisp

Ingredients:

* 1/4 cup instant oatmeal
* 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1 1/2 Tbsp margarine
* 4 Granny Smith apples
* 2 cups vanilla nonfat frozen yogurt

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Spray an 8x8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
3. In a bowl, thoroughly combine the oatmeal, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and margarine.
4. Peel, core, and thinly slice the apples.
5. Spread the apple slices evenly over the surface of the baking pan.
6. Sprinkle the oatmeal-flour mixture over the apples.
7. Bake in the preheated over for 30 minutes or until the apples are tender and the topping is golden brown.
8. Serve warm, topping each serving with 1/4 cup frozen yogurt.

Makes 8 servings. Serving Size: 1/8 recipe.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nutrition Facts

Per Serving:

Calories

Sodium
63 mg

Calcium
63 mg

Magnesium
12 mg

Potassium
154 mg

Total fat
3 g

Saturated fat
1 g

Cholesterol
1 mg

Fiber
1 g

Carbohydrates
29 g

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Smurf, that sounds delicious and yummmmmmy, I am going to have to try it. Thank you for posting it.

YAY, I JUST SAW THAT SKIPPY IS BACK, YAY YAY YAY
36.gif

SKIPPY SWEETIE PIE, YOU WERE MISSED SO MUCH.

Linda

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Didn''t make it on our walk today...oh well...
15.gif
but I am down .4 of a lb since last week. I wanted to meet my goal by T''s b-day...not going to happen. BUT 4.5 lbs would put me at a whole new number (which is ALWAYS exciting) so I am aiming for that.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi all; I am try to catch w/what is going on with everyone and PS. hehe I have been super duper busy with my FIL in town for the Balloon Fiesta and working on a deadline for a project! Phew, I finally get to post now! I stayed the same weight wise which I consider good, having eaten Mexan food and a little bit of stress thrown in. I hope to lose some more weight by the holiday's! It is cold cold today; it was summer weather last week. I missed my healthy workout friends; glad to be back
35.gif

LORELEI great opener and love the new avatar pumpkin!

APPLE glad you had a great walk; I went for a walk too! I just love walks!

MARCY hey girl!!!! I was so busy I didn't make it to the VLA but I do have balloon pics I need to post. hehe Snow, woweee!!! hehe

GECKO, welcome back! Yay for your hubby and bling!

TACORI, ahhh look at that adorable avatar! Yay for tracking calories! Yay for being down; that is awesome on the weight loss!

Hi ZOE, did you post the recipe to the healthy apple crisp, sounds yummy!

STUDYER welcome; you can do it!!

CHARGERGRL, Hi there! Yay for the awesome workout!

LINDA, howdy girl!

DEEJAY, realtor extrodinare, wooo hooo for the dreadmill and weights!!!

PRICESSDIJON, yay for the 2 lb loss!

ROD, I hope Charlie feels better today!!! Are you watching DHW; I haven't had time but will try and catch up this weekend and watch it! hehe

KIMI, howdy. You will lose the 2 lbs; I bet it is water weight!

DIVA, hello!

SDL, yay for your walks!!! how was the lunch! Hugs!!!

SMURFYSMILES, yay for healthy shopping.

ILOVEASSCHERS, yay for not obsessing over the scale. Slow and steady wins the race for sure and keeps the weight off!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Smurf and Apple, thanks for the healthy recipes; I love apple anything desserts!!! YUMMO!

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
I decided to start walking more often after reading some of these posts. I take the bus to and from work and have started getting off a few stops early and walk the rest of the way. It was my first day trying it and yeah, it made me a little sweaty, but I felt refreshed. Can''t wait to try it again tomorrow!
1.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Alright. I ate my healthy snacks at work. I had ONE cookie tonight and did the 20 minute Turbo Jam with the hubby. Which was an adventure in hilarity, LOL!

Skippy- Balloon fiesta?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2008 9:34:19 PM
Author: geckodani
Alright. I ate my healthy snacks at work. I had ONE cookie tonight and did the 20 minute Turbo Jam with the hubby. Which was an adventure in hilarity, LOL!

Skippy- Balloon fiesta?
awesome about the Turbo Jam, GECKODANI!!

DIVA, ayy for walking more; isn't it so much fun!!!

here is one of me looking at them (I am in red w/sunglasses). ahha
41.gif
There were tons more; this was just a race to try and win a prize.

P1040058.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2008 9:41:58 PM
Author: Skippy123
awesome about the Turbo Jam, GECKODANI!!

DIVA, ayy for walking more; isn''t it so much fun!!!

here is one of me looking at them (I am in red w/sunglasses). ahha
41.gif
There were tons more; this was just a race to try and win a prize.
Fun times!!!h

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy, those balloons are gorgeous!!! What a sight to see. You look darling too.

Linda

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Hey guys!

Sorry I''ve been MIA lately. School has been a bear, and my diet has been pretty crappy.

I did, however, join the master''s swim team at school. It''s fun and it actually keeps me in the water for a whole 90 minutes at a time!

I try and make it at least twice a week.

Hope you all are doing well!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Hi All!

Nothing exciting to report, and I don''t want to complain so I''ll opt to just say: I''m here.

SDL, the winds are pretty darn strong, but I''m thankful that it''s not too hot, the winds make our kids a bit nutty.

Skip, I so wish this was water weight, but it''s my body gaining... I don''t fluctuate.

Dee, it''s totally counterintuitive, thanks for putting a name to it.

We had a healthy (read CL) dinner and I''m ready to crawl into bed.

Have a great evening everyone!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First......IT''S ABOUT TIME YOU POPPED BACK IN SKIPPY!!! You''ve been missed by us all. The pic is so cool. And I always smile when I get to see your sweet face, my dear!!

Ok, back to Rod''s regular programming........This must be short. It''s already nearly 11 PM and I just skimmed all of today''s posts. You know my Tuesday''s by heart by now. Loooong Day. Got to work before 8 AM, stayed till after 6, went directly to the gym and worked out for a full 3 hours and really pushed my buns hard. It was a somewhat frustrating day at work so I took all my frustration out on some machines. Isn''t that great?!! For dinner, I had the chicken and motzah ball soup Charlie''s coworker made and it was really good. Tomorrow''s not a gym day, so I''ll have a bit more time to write tomorrow night. Charlie says he feels better, but his cough has gotten worse in my opinion. Still he won''t go get an antibiotic as he always fights colds successfuly without any help.........

DeeJay, had to laugh about your low cal hot chocolate!! LOL And yes, weird isn''t it, that I would wake up early when I didn''t have to. It''s just not right, I''m telling you!!

Kimberly, I''m sorry you gained a couple pounds, but you''re in such good shape and you take such good care of yourself, that I''m sure you''ll drop the couple pounds quite quickly. Please thank John for asking about me. Tell him I''m doing well and hope he is too.

That recipe sounds great Smurf!!

I''m glad I made you laugh Gecko.....So now in addition to diamonds, you get electronic toys too. Wow........one can only imagine what Chirstmas and Birthday''s are like in your household!!! Oh Santa...........

Hey Michelle, I''m glad I amuse you!! LOL

Sorry for missing anyone, but I''ve just got to get some rest. Sleep well.........

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone.
35.gif
I went to lunch with some of the girls from work and ate a bit more than usual but was back on track for supper and walked 32 minutes on the treadmill tonight.

ChargerGirl
, I love pasta and it is wonderful how you can spread it over several meals.
3.gif
I am going to make homemade pizza Thursday night and hopefully have enough left for lunch on Friday.That is great you are working out 5 times a week.
Geckodani, how nice to get an IPOD to use while walking.I put mine on while walking on the treadmill tonight.
SanDiegoLady, I hate getting in to a cold bed.I always crank on our mattress pad to warm up my side of the bed.WW’s new dessert sounds delicious.
Appletini, have fun at the conference.
DeeJay, rats for cocoa being so fattening.On Friday one of the gals at work brought me some cocoa from Starbucks and was going to tell me the calories and I told her I didn’t want to know.I only drank ½ of it though.Our patio had about ¼ inch of snow on it and that was all I saw this weekend but it was sure cold enough to snow.
SmurfySmiles, the apple crisp recipe sounds delicious.
Hi Linda!
Tacori, congratulations for being down .4 of a pound; slow and steady will get you there girl.
1.gif

Skippy, I am so excited to see you are back.
36.gif
What a great picture and you look great!
Diva, yay for walking more.I go out of my way to walk further whenever I can.
Amanda, yay for joining the swim team.
Hi Kimi and Rod!

Have a great evening.

Marcy

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi everyone!! just wanted to check in and say hello... i haven't read PS in weeks now but i had a few minutes so figured i'd pop in. we spent a week in Mexico for vacation last week, it was so relaxing, no laptops or any electronics other than the ipods of course... ! i got very tan of course haha. anyhow, looks like everyone is sticking with their lifestyle changes, yay..!! seems like people are doing well too... i just skimmed the posts but saw a lot of familiar faces. glad to see so many still here and plugging along. i am maintaining quite well, i am obsessed with zumba and take it at 3 gyms 6x a week, and am also doing body conditioning and kickboxing classes are well on other days.

i worked out every day on vacation and didn't gain any weight, fab since we did a lot of laying around and enjoying ouselves. i only weigh myself about every month now, and on vacation i laughed at their scale which was so different daily, it was ridiculously wrong! anyhow, happy to see everyone is fab. hi all!!
1.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Mara! It''s great to hear from you. Your trip sounds wonderful. Glad to hear you are still enjoying zumba.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2008 10:50:12 PM
Author: Rod

I''m glad I made you laugh Gecko.....So now in addition to diamonds, you get electronic toys too. Wow........one can only imagine what Chirstmas and Birthday''s are like in your household!!! Oh Santa...........
LOL! Well, this year we''re just doing stocking for each other and getting a flat screen TV as our gift to each other.
9.gif
The husband has started to get commission at work, which is where all the fun toys are from.

Besides, we realized that if I''m walking on lunch and not shopping because I''m bored, the MP3 player will pay for itself inside of a week.
20.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/14/2008 8:10:16 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Didn''t make it on our walk today...oh well...
15.gif
but I am down .4 of a lb since last week. I wanted to meet my goal by T''s b-day...not going to happen. BUT 4.5 lbs would put me at a whole new number (which is ALWAYS exciting) so I am aiming for that.
You''ll get there! .4 is .4 less than last week!
1.gif

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Hey all
Just wanted to check in. Last week was tumultuous so sorry for the lack of posts. Now that things are smooth again I''m getting back into my groove. Last night I went jogging at SO''s mom''s house, she has an ATV trail that runs around the property and it''s great for jogging! Lots of hills. Today I didn''t get to do anything in the morning b/c the pest control man came and I was also not feeling hot. But crunches and leg work and weights tonight!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
35.gif

Ok, I''ve been putting this off long enough. I am in!

Our treadmill right now is an 800 dollar clothes hanger.
20.gif

For this week, I''m just going to try and work out 3x a week, and cut out soda to start getting in the swing of things. I''d like to lose about 10 pounds and KEEP it off.

Ok. I feel accountable to you guys now, so maybe that will help me stay on track!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results