shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone interested in a Weight Watcher''s thread?

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your loss, Princesss!

Had weigh-in on Monday, I am down 28.8lbs total! I will hopefully meet my goal of 30lbs by next weigh-in. It has been so much fun shopping for cute clothes for Jamaica...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2009 8:23:39 AM
Author: kiett98

Had weigh-in on Monday, I am down 28.8lbs total! I will hopefully meet my goal of 30lbs by next weigh-in. It has been so much fun shopping for cute clothes for Jamaica...
Yay, you are so close to 30 lbs, wooohoooo, great job Kiett, you will be at 30 in no time!!!
36.gif

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
I did it... I met my goal! -31lbs total last night at weigh-in!
36.gif
Woo hoo!!! Great feeling... now just need to keep it up through the holiday season and also on my trip.

How is everyone else doing???

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2009 8:19:32 AM
36.gif
Woo hoo!!! Great feeling... now just need to keep it up through the holiday season and also on my trip.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
CONGRATS you are doing fantastic Kiett98!!!!!!

I am doing well; staying a couple pounds under my goal and staying there. Wow, that is super awesome Kiett!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2009 8:19:32 AM
36.gif

GO KIETT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrautlations on making your goal! You worked really hard for that, so enjoy it, lady!

I went down 1.2! I want to break 160 before Thanksgiving, so I have to lose 1.2 again this week to make that goal (I''m 161 right now). Tracking makes a HUGE difference, as does being honest with myself about the points that I''m eating/drinking. I really feel like I''m on my way to actual *change* if I keep this up, whcih is what I''m looking for. BF and I made great burgers the other night - lean ground beef, peppers, onions, and spices (and the bun) for 5 points. Yummy and so filling!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great news Princess
36.gif
36.gif
Tracking does make a big difference! hehe When I didn't track I would fudge how much I ate in my mind or forget what I ate.

Obi, how are you?

ANYONE have any low cal foods they love?? I am loving the alternative bagel which is one point put out by Western Bagel co. Oh at the whipped WW cream cheese is super YUMMY but not too filling though so I stick w/the laughing cow light wedges!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know what clicked, but something must have, because I''m a weight loss machine!!!

-1.8 this week, -15.2 overall, and I''m finally under 160!!! My 10% is 17.4, and I''m feeling pumped. I may be able to hit that before I go to the Netherlands (I leave December 11th), which would be AMAZING (and give me a little wiggle room in case I gain a little on vacation, I could still be down 10% at New Years).

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
That is great, princesss!!! You can definitely reach your goal by your trip... sounds like fun!

dani2142

Shiny_Rock

Hey! Congrats on your weight loss. Where are you going in Jamaica? I''m getting married in February at Beaches Negril :) I can''t wait! :)

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/24/2009 2:51:51 PM
Author: dani2142

Hey! Congrats on your weight loss. Where are you going in Jamaica? I''m getting married in February at Beaches Negril :) I can''t wait! :)
We are going to Couples Negril. I can''t wait, either!

dani2142

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/25/2009 8:51:08 AM

Date: 11/24/2009 2:51:51 PM
Author: dani2142

We are going to Couples Negril. I can''t wait, either!

OMG You are going to love it there!!! That''s where my fiance'' and I got engaged. We were there in January. It''s amazing. Couples is the best! We would have gotten married there but we have a lot of nieces and nephews that are coming with us so we had to go with the kid-friendly resort. Hope you have an amazing time!!!! Oh and by the way we have a Pug and a Puggle!!! :) Izzy and Pugger :)

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Okay, so I gained 2.6 over Thanksgiving, but I lost .4 this week. So I''m back on track, but I''m not feeling hopeful I''ll hit 10% by New Year''s. Oh well. Maybe I can still hit 15lbs. I leave for vacation on Friday, and so I''ll try to pack my snacks to bring with me and plan my indugences.

I''m frustrated, but the best thing to do is get back on the horse, right?

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
Back from Jamaica and we had a great time! I made sure to be really good the week of Thanksgiving, because I knew the food and drinks in Jamaica would be something delicious to look forward to... and I was right! I didn''t go overboard (except with the drinks one night), but I did allow myself to enjoy my vacation and the food that went with it.

I weighed in last night and had lost 1.8lbs in the two weeks it had been since my last weigh-in! And to tell the truth, I was actually looking foward to getting back and being in control of making my food and knowing how many points I am eating. Total of 35.4lbs lost, so still working towards my next goal of 40lbs by Christmas!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Keitt, you''re doing great! Congratualtions on staying on track during Thanksgiving, and with this track record I have no doubt you''ll make 40lbs by Christmas!

(And honestly, if you''re aiming for 5 pounds by then, I''m going to suck it up and still try to hit 10% by New Years. It''s only 4.4 lbs. I can do that, right?)

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
How are my fellow Weight Watchers doing?!?! Everyone motivated for the new year?!?! Just an update, wanted to let everyone know that I met my Christmas goal!
36.gif
As of the Monday before Christmas, I was down 42lbs total! I weigh in this evening, but as of last week, my total is 44.2lbs!

Hungry Girl highlighted an interesting article on the cost of weight loss today... Diet Plan Review: Best Ways to Lose Weight

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I just joined WW last week and tomorrow is my first weigh-in. About seven years ago I lost 65lbs on WW and have put 40 of it back on. My first week of tracking has been eye-opening and I''m looking forward to week 2. This week I didn''t eat any of my weekly points or any of my 21 activity points, just to see how it went. I do think I need to start eating my weekly points, but we''ll see how tomorrow goes.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2010 10:07:18 AM
How are my fellow Weight Watchers doing?!?! Everyone motivated for the new year?!?! Just an update, wanted to let everyone know that I met my Christmas goal!
36.gif
As of the Monday before Christmas, I was down 42lbs total! I weigh in this evening, but as of last week, my total is 44.2lbs!

Hungry Girl highlighted an interesting article on the cost of weight loss today... Diet Plan Review: Best Ways to Lose Weight
GREAT JOB!!!

Go EricaR, yay!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I love Weight Watchers. I''m three weeks in and have lost 8lbs!!! Woooo-hooooooooooo! I''m eating better, moving more, and feel great.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/27/2010 11:10:35 AM
Author: EricaR
I love Weight Watchers. I''m three weeks in and have lost 8lbs!!! Woooo-hooooooooooo! I''m eating better, moving more, and feel great.

Woo-hoo! Congrats, Erica! That''s a fantastic start!

I''m going to jump in on this thread - I just restarted WW on Monday. Trying to lose 15 pounds and am using my October wedding as the motivational jumpstart.

I did WW several years ago and lost 25 pounds... then I met my now-FI and, uh, fell off the wagon. Now that we''re into a normal groove of life (and out of the swoony, lots-of-dinners-out dating stage), I''m going to get back on plan. Looking forward to participating in this thread for a little extra motivation!

upgrade

Brilliant_Rock
Can I play too? I lost 35 pounds with WW 6 years ago, after my first baby. After baby #2 I''ve gotten a tad lazy and the weight has crept up a bit. I started back on WW almost 2 weeks ago and was down 5 in my first week! 15 more to go to my goal. I''m hoping to get there by mid April (I have a wedding to go to and want to look fabulous!).

I just can''t do it without tracking. I started running last year and while I love it and it''s done wonders for my fitness level and muscle tone, I wasn''t losing any weight. I think that without tracking I was over eating, using the running as justicfication. All the running in the world really won''t do any good if you earn 6 points but eat 12!!

I''ve been really strict with myself for the past 2 weeks. 3 meals, 2 snacks per day and that''s it. I eat my points, but no activity points and I''ve only allowed myself my flex points if I have something special going on. I won''t always be this strict but right now it''s about changing habits for me.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, thanks for the recipes. They sound yummy.

How''s everyone doing?

I just completed my second week and am down 3.5 pounds. Woo-hoo!! It''s been a challenging few weeks - we had three parties, two dinners out with friends, one work dinner, and I had my monthly book club meeting (which always involves lots of food and wine). So I''ve been using a good portion of my weekly points. With that said, I''ve still lost, so... so far, so good.

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on your 2nd week success, CS! I had WI last night and was down 1.4lbs, for a grand total of 55lbs! I think I am about 30 lbs from my goal, but it is a size not a weight, so I will know better what my goal weight is when I get closer.

Hope everyone else is doing well!!!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I''m still losing at a pretty good pace. I''m six weeks in and have lost 12.8lbs! Yeah! I feel great, too, which I know is the most important thing.

In the spirit of sharing, more recipes that have recently received two thumbs up in my house:

WW Chicken Pot Pie

Chicken Cacciatore
I served this over some whole wheat pasta and it was fantastic! I substituted chicken broth for the white wine so each serving had 5 points, including the pasta.

PrincessPeach

Rough_Rock
I just started WW last week and haven''t lost a darn pound! But...I sometimes eat and don''t journal everything I''ve eaten. And, I''m trying to cut a lot of junk from my diet (chocolate)
8.gif

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m really glad to see this thread is here! I am joining WW tomorrow and really like that you all are here to talk to about it.
36.gif

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I hope all my WW buddies are still doing well!

This past weekend was my 9th weigh in and I''m officially down 17lbs. I feel GREAT! I hired a personal trainer to do strenght training workout and have been working major exercise into my schedule five days a week. In addition I wear a pedometer and walk 10,000 steps (about 4.75 miles) a day. Last week I earned 34 activity points and this week, if I actually follow the schedule the trainer has given me, I should earn 42 activity points.

Today I am wearing a new pair of jeans that are a size smaller than I was wearing before. Yeah!

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
Erica, keep up the good work!

A few weeks ago, I switched to online only, so I am no longer going to meetings. As of yesterday, I am down 64.4lbs! How is everyone else doing???

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
I know this thread hasn''t had any activity in over a month but I thought I''d post anyway in case anyone is still on WW or just starting out like me! I''m 5''8" and weight 175lbs (most people are shocked to hear that number, apparently I hide it well) but I''ve gained 45 lbs in 9 yrs and I just want to stop this trend and get back to a normal, healthy weight. 145 lbs is my goal.

So, I joined today. I was already tracking my food on livestrong.com for a few weeks but felt like I needed more structure. The fact that WW calculates calories, fiber and fat into the points was appealing since I was really only looking at calories. I''ve not lost any weight doing things on my own so I decided to try WW.

I brought my food for the day then entered it all in on the tracking system and was surprised to see that I''m almost over my points for today where I still had plenty of room (calorie wise) on livestrong for dinner.

I''m just looking for support and ideas. What are you ladies having for breakfast? It''s my biggest challenge. Also, any good snack ideas that won''t cost too many points?

I''m going to go back and read this whole thread now...thanks for reading!
1.gif

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I do a rough daily tally of WW points and have been for a while - I don't go to meetings or anything but I do try to use the points as a rough guide to eating the right amount each day. I find it works pretty well as long as I don't get obsessed with it.

Depending on how many points you have, or how many you want to allocate to breakfast, you could try:
Granary or wholegrain toast with a little peanut butter - 1.5pt per slice + 1 point per teaspoon of PB
Wholegrain bagel with a scrambled egg (5 - 5.5 points, depending on the brand of bagel)
Wholegrain bagel with an egg white omelette (4 - 4.5 points)

If you have time to cook something, whole grain toast topped with grilled or sauteed mushrooms is nice. A rasher of grilled back bacon and some grilled tomatoes and an egg white omelette with it is a nice weekend brunch, too.

I find that if I eat breakfast with fibre and protein, I'm less likely to get really hungry in the afternoon.

Snacks I like include a small handful of almonds, fruit, reduced fat humuus and carrot sticks and a big green salad with a smidge of mayo mixed through. I prefer to eat small amounts of the real thing than larger amounts of lower fat substitues usually, but I can't tell the difference with humuus. 85% cocoa chocolate is great - really chocolatey and rich, so a single square is usually enough. I also love a plate with sliced raw mushrooms, cucumber, carrot and pickles.

My worst time for snacking is after dinner. Hot chocolate is nice - I use the steam wand on my espresso maker to froth the milk and add a little vanilla extract to it. If you use a square of 85% chocolate/ heaped teaspoon Green & Blacks cocoa powder, skimmed milk and a level teaspoon of sugar, it's around two points and well worth it.
3.gif

Good luck!

Jen

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results