shape
carat
color
clarity

When people say your ring is unique or cute..

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe if it's a diamond ring it could mean that. I have a sapphire though and when people say it's unique it's because it's blue instead of white. USUALLY this is said in a sentence like this: "Wow, your ring is so unique! It's just like the one William gave Kate!" Which. Well. It's ring with a sapphire center stone and some diamonds, and there end the similarities. And also if it was "just like" then it wouldn't really be "unique," would it? But good effort. They tried and deserve a participation award.

I do also think a lot of people WANT unique rings because they perceive their relationship as unique and one of a kind. It's why people want to go custom for simple Tiffany-style solitaires and why celebrities lose their shit when their rings are copied. So I think it really depends on tone.

And "cute" usually doesn't mean "ugly" in rings, it means "small"

Circe|1404390599|3705899 said:
bent-into-a-circle miniature-sonic-screwdriver-that-came-in-a-Tardis-shaped-ring-box

Wait, can I get this somewhere???????????????? TELL ME NOW (though I really don't like Moffat's tenure on Who so wouldn't want an eleventh doctor screwdriver)

Circe|1404390599|3705899 said:
*Slightly off-topic: I was about to say, ask yourself, could you say this about a penis without giving offense? I mean, diamonds do for ladies what most phallic/power symbols do for men ... making both "unique" and "cute" pretty obviously inappropriate. On the other hand, it would also give a really strange connotation to the observation it had a good cut, so, never mind, Circe's gonna go drink some coffee and shake off the morning weirds ...

brb telling this to my husband

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I use unique all the time & for me it's always a compliment. I love being unique, I seek out unique clothes, shoes, jewelry.
I'm honestly a bit bored with my new five stone because it's not unique enough ;))

If anyone told me my jewelry was cute, well I wouldn't know what to think of that. I think it's a veiled insult.

Circe loved your post!!! I'm going to try out the cute-unique penis line on DH, :naughty: :Up_to_something: :lol: hilarious!!!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've never heard someone describe an e-ring as cute so not sure about that one but I do get "unique" a lot. I tend to take it as a compliment but not what they would choose themselves which is totally fine by me. :D Mostly because people have never seen/heard of a green parti-sapphire so they dont really know WHAT it is... :lol: So the word "unique" is usually followed a hesitant "Is that an emerald?".

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results