shape
carat
color
clarity

What does your avatar and screen name signify?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh--I love this thread.

My name is just one of my favorite words, and I''ve never posted to a board before, so when I needed an anonymous screen name I wanted something I''d like seeing frequently.

My avatars are usually pictures of my pets. Right now it''s my very lazy, somewhat overweight 2-year-old tabby, Manny. He literally sits like that on the couch ALL THE TIME, he is he best.

Nicrez--AH is one of my favorite people, too. Have you seen the new(ish) book, The Audrey Hepburn Treasures? I''ve actually been gifted that book THREE times in the past year, I guess it''s a pretty obvious gift for a Hepburn fan. Anyway, it is FABULOUS.

Thing2of2--I love your name! I have a huge affection for all things Dr. Seuss, and I always think happy things when I see your name pop up.

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
The story of my screen name is something that I expect you all to appreciate-

When my then BF and I first started looking at rings, I was SO excited. One night I had fallen asleep early, and he came out of the bathroom and disrupted me. I kind of moved around a little, and he apologized, to which I responded, (all wistfully) "Big diamonds..." while snuggling back into my pillow. Totally didn''t ask me a question. I apparently just wanted to tell him that I was dreaming about big diamonds. Of course I had no recollection of this the next day, but he had a great time telling me all about it.

My avatar is a horrible picture of my ring...need to get a better one but I''m really struggling with this whole picture-taking thing.
7.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Such a fun thread - thanks for starting it!!

My screen name is a combination of my first two kitties'' names - Amber the orange tabby and Gretchen the calico, sisters who we adopted almost three years ago. They are our babies, along with the more recently added Oliver the rescued Ragdoll, and when I joined PS we had only had them for about 6 months, so I was pretty obssessed with them. It was kind of weird when I first joined people calling me Amber because its not my name IRL and DH and I had a good laugh when we named the kitty that because we both thought it sounded a little like a stripper''s name (no offense intended to anyone who has the name Amber IRL!!).

My avatar is a distorted version of my favorite of our engagement photos of me and my DH, taken October 2006. I should probably change it one of these days, but just haven''t gotten around to it...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven, love that big chunk of cat, he looks so happy!

My name is obvious, I considered Gemnut, Jewelfiend and the like, but none of them hit me right. For some reason Diamondfan did. I really want a Hello Kitty avatar but am SO computer spastic that I could not figure out how to get one and post it, so I settled for the dorky happy face instead!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bet Irina can do a Hello Kitty avatar for you. It''s time for old smiley to retire!!! I chose the smiley face when I joined, had it for 6 months or so. Diamondfan is such a great name.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 11:48:33 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Such a fun thread - thanks for starting it!!

My screen name is a combination of my first two kitties'' names - Amber the orange tabby and Gretchen the calico, sisters who we adopted almost three years ago. They are our babies, along with the more recently added Oliver the rescued Ragdoll, and when I joined PS we had only had them for about 6 months, so I was pretty obssessed with them. It was kind of weird when I first joined people calling me Amber because its not my name IRL and DH and I had a good laugh when we named the kitty that because we both thought it sounded a little like a stripper''s name (no offense intended to anyone who has the name Amber IRL!!).

My avatar is a distorted version of my favorite of our engagement photos of me and my DH, taken October 2006. I should probably change it one of these days, but just haven''t gotten around to it...

See, I tell my dad that all the time, "AMBER IS A HOOKER NAME!" To which he replies, it matches your last name (another color)!

So, this is what I hear all the time, and I do know it wasn''t personal, it was more of a, "HA HA, told you, Dad!" Despite the history of my name, I still love it.
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh, I saw the cutest Hello Kitty (cannot recall where now) and wished I knew how to get it on PS for me. I am so over the smiley face but with limited skills I cannot seem to get it together!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I like reading these so much! I posted this before, I think... but DH calls me Poptart, for a reason that still escapes me. But it is one of my favorite nicknames because it makes no sense. I wish the cat in the avatar was mine, but we are both allergic to cats. I just found that picture on the internet, and it reminded me of myself. I want to get a good one of a dragon though. I like dragons.

Nytemist: I have always loved your screen name and recognized your avatar instantly. Love the gothic stuff.

*M*

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diamondfan--what about this? Save it to your computer, and then go into the Personal Section on PS, and you can upload it as your new avatar.

Let me know if you want a different Hello Kitty picture--there are so many out there!

hello_kitty.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I still am challenged about how to save it but will try...

There was a princess one, I cannot recall it now but it was so ME. If you love searching for those things I would appreciate your assistance!

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 12:04:19 AM
Author: diamondfan
Haven, love that big chunk of cat, he looks so happy!

My name is obvious, I considered Gemnut, Jewelfiend and the like, but none of them hit me right. For some reason Diamondfan did. I really want a Hello Kitty avatar but am SO computer spastic that I could not figure out how to get one and post it, so I settled for the dorky happy face instead!

Here''s a few for you.

http://re3.mm-a8.yimg.com/image/4173442359

http://re3.mm-a3.yimg.com/image/2774434755

http://re3.mm-a3.yimg.com/image/2682019831

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/g/game_cube/hello_kitty/images.php

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
I got my screen name when I was moving to FL. The typical spelling of ocean breeze was taken so oshin breez was the closest I could get. I thought that avatar looked like my kitty Comet laughing. Which I know he does alot to me.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 12:22:31 AM
Author: poptart
I like reading these so much! I posted this before, I think... but DH calls me Poptart, for a reason that still escapes me. But it is one of my favorite nicknames because it makes no sense. I wish the cat in the avatar was mine, but we are both allergic to cats. I just found that picture on the internet, and it reminded me of myself. I want to get a good one of a dragon though. I like dragons.

Nytemist: I have always loved your screen name and recognized your avatar instantly. Love the gothic stuff.

*M*

dragon101.jpg

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks storm!!

*M*

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 1:14:02 AM
Author: poptart
Thanks storm!!

*M*
welcome
35.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oshin, I cannot see them...normally I can click on the link but cannot this time...HELP!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, all my cyber pals who pity my computer illiterate self!

I love the first one. So now how do I do this?

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I''m laughin at myself because I somehow read what is your "avatar picture" instead of "name." Well, I guess I had that on the brain cause I just changed it and wondered if the squashed picture resembled anything like a scooter. ha

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 2:00:19 AM

I will post the photo.

1) You need to right click on it and go down to 'save picture as'.
2) Click on that and it will take you to wherever you store your pictures.
3) It will ask you to name the photo. Choose something unusual so nobody else will have the same picture name as you or pricescope won't let you upload it.
4) Click save.

Now the photo will be saved on your computer.

Next you need to upload it to your pricescope profile.

1) Go to your personal section
2) Scroll down to the bit just above where all the coloured avatars are.
2) Click to upload custom avatar
3) Click browse
4) It should take you to where you store your pictures.
5) Locate and click on the photo you want to use. Then click open.
6) Click upload (its over on the right)

That should upload your new picture. If it doesn't work maybe Irina can do it for you
1.gif

hellokitty.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 11:42:33 PM
Author: Haven
Ooh--I love this thread.

My name is just one of my favorite words, and I''ve never posted to a board before, so when I needed an anonymous screen name I wanted something I''d like seeing frequently.

My avatars are usually pictures of my pets. Right now it''s my very lazy, somewhat overweight 2-year-old tabby, Manny. He literally sits like that on the couch ALL THE TIME, he is he best.

Nicrez--AH is one of my favorite people, too. Have you seen the new(ish) book, The Audrey Hepburn Treasures? I''ve actually been gifted that book THREE times in the past year, I guess it''s a pretty obvious gift for a Hepburn fan. Anyway, it is FABULOUS.

Thing2of2--I love your name! I have a huge affection for all things Dr. Seuss, and I always think happy things when I see your name pop up.

I love your kitty picture, Haven! I meant to tell you that in another thread when I saw it! I''m a big Dr. Suess fan as well. If I ever got a tattoo it would definitely be Dr. Suess related. My twin sister and I though of a bunch of rad ones we could get. But neither one of us wants tattoos so it will never happen!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Come on, diamond fan, you can do it!!!!
36.gif
Those are excellent directions and the cutest " Hello Kitty".
35.gif

I admit I still can''t do regular links let alone hypers, nor the copy and paste thing, but I''m going to keep trying.
20.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2007 2:00:19 AM

Follow Maisie''s insturctions; I think Hello Kitty is perfect for you. We are cheer for you.
36.gif
Maybe get your son to help
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey, I cannot even double click the picture! (my mouse is acting up)....do I double click the link or the photo itself? (I told you I am bad!!!)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondfan you have to RIGHT click the picture. there should be two buttons on your mouse top, put the mouse cursor over the picture on your monitor, click the right one once, it pops a box that should say 'save picture as' as one of the options...

i would then save it to your DESKTOP as it's easiest to find there. so pull down the menu and choose desktop for save as (it's the first or 2nd one i think in the list). then follow maisie's instructions to upload it.

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, poptart! I LOVE the dragon too.

Still having a heck of a time trying to get my Goth Kitty avatar up. My work computer hates me.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF, use the your mouse and right click the picture and a drop down menu should come up.
Then choose save picture as. Then save it to your desk top. Let me know if you get stuck again.

ETA: ooops, I see Mara has already helped.
2.gif

AsscherGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Mine is boring - my screen name is my name, and my avatar is my engagement ring!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Fun! My screen name on here is my middle name ''Rose'' and ''Bud'' is the first syllable (sp?) of my last name - so its def a real nickname my DH and friends all call me. The pic is of us on the puddle jumper from Oahu to Maui with our day old leis when we were on our honeymoon.
1.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2007 9:06:52 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I always knew Cehra''s pronunciation...that''s the nice thing about teaching phonics/phonetics! Except it doesn''t work when people spell things totally unphonetically!

Anyway, my screen name is very obvious, and my avatar is the object that I was seeking in 2006!
Uh, so now wouldn''t be a good time to mention that I have an M.Ed in reading and I teach second grade (and have taught first), would it?
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results