clarity

Wasserman Schultz stepping down

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1469494706|4059292 said:
Dancing Fire|1469486537|4059249 said:
House Cat|1469474317|4059159 said:
These cyber attacks clearly show Russian involvement.

That Russian involvement should be scrutinized to the fullest extent and people should be connecting the dots as to why Russia would want TRUMP TO WIN THIS ELECTION.

Conservatives, stop gloating. No one should be so naive to think that these elections aren't completely rigged. The Bush/Gore election stripped me of any idea that democracy actually existed in this country.
The only reason Gore lost the election b/c he couldn't even carry his own state of TN... :rolleyes:
You are so lost
you are referring to Fla. and his brother was the governor, so you yell FIXED!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1469477367|4059183 said:
What bothers me is so many women don't stand up for Hillary Clinton.. people seem to forget what it was like for women in the 70s..

I am of the old feminist school, too Tekate. I wouldn't vote for just any woman. I wouldn't vote for Sarah Palin, for instance. If a woman were in favor of appointing Supreme Court justices who wanted to roll back Roe v. Wade and ban freedom of religion, I wouldn't vote for that woman. However, I do feel glad that I can vote for a woman who supports basic women's rights. i agree that many women who did not live through the era that we did do not have a true conception of how oppressive it was to be held down by all the rules and laws that forced us to behave in ways which were peculiar to our sex. For example, we were forced to wear dresses or suits with skirts in court rooms or schools. Legally we were not allowed the option of wearing slacks. And that is such a small thing compared to laws restricting our finances or our rights to fight domestic battery or our rights to child custody when there was divorce.

AGBF

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1469469733|4059134 said:
+1

I think America got the two candidates it deserves, :knockout: and :knockout: .

This.

My vote this year might be to take the ballot, rip it up, and throw it in the garbage where it belongs.

Smart

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elizabeth Warren kept on using the word "rigged" ... Sanders already knew it was rigged against him but she had to rub it in... :bigsmile:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, well I should have said, support competent women! What bothers me is so much smear of Clinton, She stayed with her husband after he cheated, well I had husband and he cheated and I ended it, but the picture I saw of Mrs Clinton, their daughter, and Mr Clinton leaving the White House sticks in my mind forever, the daughter trying to be a bridge between the parents, she loved them both.. I think Mrs Clinton tried to work it out for her kid. That I don't consider a flaw rather than mother love. Whitewater.. ugh.. etc etc. I don't think Hillary Clinton is an angel.. but I do think she has dedicated much of her life to helping others - including herself. Now Sarah Palin, has shown that she and her family do stick together by brawling... her politics are not mine so while I would never ever vote for her, I wont spend a lot of time tearing her down, because of people like Mrs Clinton we get Palins, the next gen. I feel very strongly that we are all allowed our own opinion AGBF, and while the conservatives seem selfish to me, I try to keep an open mind. Peace and love is really my motto!

peace!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1469507364|4059350 said:
Elizabeth Warren kept on using the word "rigged" ... Sanders already knew it was rigged against him but she had to rub it in... :bigsmile:

Sanders joined the Democratic Party in 2015, rigged is an interesting word, I would more likely say, loyalty, the DNC was more loyal to a longterm member. I'm sure the RNC rigged the party against Trump, but he won the votes needed to secure the nomination. I wish Warren were the candidate!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1469487298|4059254 said:
I will not support or vote for a person just because they are a woman or a black, green, white, Christian, or whatever. I believe it is ridiculous to even suggest that someone should vote based entirely on that issue, regardless of political party.

I said support. I don't care who you vote for.. I do think people SHOULD support their biases redwood :) I voted republican once and lived to regret so I thoroughly vet my candidates. I never suggested you vote for a person because their black, white or green, what I said is women should be more supportive of other women, I don't care who votes for Clinton or Trump really, my life won't change. But the chants about Hillary Clinton at the RNC were quite surprising that people could be that vicious. Live and learn, and I say again, vote for whomever you want.. don't support women, it's up to you.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Katharath and AGBF, thank you both for understanding an old old womens libber. I personally think the more 'left' leaning sites did a better job of covering this mess. Peace to you and yours.. I liked that Michelle Obama said "we go up" that is what I am trying to say also, let's go up in the face of the anger.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1469486977|4059252 said:
Tekate|1469477542|4059184 said:
Dancing Fire|1469473001|4059152 said:
Laila619|1469415214|4058978 said:
Good! Funny how the liberal media is being pretty mum about the whole thing. You'll hear much more about Melania's speech than about any of the contents of the leaked e-mails.
So are the PSer liberals... :wink2: Had this happened in the GOP we would be on page 3 by now... :bigsmile:

So you approve of another government interfering in the DNC? and the American process? I hope not. I'm ashamed, I'm ashamed people's personal emails were posted whether it was democrats or republicans, if this were the republicans they would be lying and saying it didn't happen. Republicans would be suing everyone there would be a committee, a sub committee, a gun revival, a few old presidents brought up, America the beautiful and etc.
No I don't approve other government reading HC's top secret Emails... :devil:

Well DancingFire, how are they Hillary Clinton's sole property? if you are referring to her server, I will say again, as a computer professional for 30+ years, she was as secure as .gov was :) and you view her as nefarious since she set up her own server, I think setting up probably gave her speed in her emails.. if George Bush were hacked you would be aghast.. if you had found out through emails that Bush was REALLY not sure there was WMD you would have still supported his view.. as I say and will always say; its all in your bias, and mine is left. Peace.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What bothers me is so many women don't stand up for Hillary Clinton.. people seem to forget what it was like for women in the 70s.. I for one was sexually harrassed on a daily basis, oogled, awed, at work.. it was horrible.. at Fox that seems to not have ended but the business world is much better for young women today and many more doors are open.. although my exhusband always said and I think it true, a woman's worst enemy is another woman.

I'm sorry that happened to you; however, I refuse to "stand up for Hillary Clinton" simply because she has the same sex organs as I do when I disagree with her policies, positions, and actions while 'serving' the public. That's no different than voting for someone solely because of their skin color, religion, etc. If I said in 2008 that I was voting for McCain simply because he was white, there would be an uproar and I'd be labeled a racist.

And along with 'forgetting what it was like in the 70s', people also seem to forget what our founding fathers intended for our country, yet they disregard that as "the past".

Just my $0.02.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1469537827|4059400 said:
What bothers me is so many women don't stand up for Hillary Clinton.. people seem to forget what it was like for women in the 70s.. I for one was sexually harrassed on a daily basis, oogled, awed, at work.. it was horrible.. at Fox that seems to not have ended but the business world is much better for young women today and many more doors are open.. although my exhusband always said and I think it true, a woman's worst enemy is another woman.

I'm sorry that happened to you; however, I refuse to "stand up for Hillary Clinton" simply because she has the same sex organs as I do when I disagree with her policies, positions, and actions while 'serving' the public. That's no different than voting for someone solely because of their skin color, religion, etc. If I said in 2008 that I was voting for McCain simply because he was white, there would be an uproar and I'd be labeled a racist.

And along with 'forgetting what it was like in the 70s', people also seem to forget what our founding fathers intended for our country, yet they disregard that as "the past".

Just my $0.02.

Fair enough.. you don't have to, just stand up for other women, you don't have to vote for her, you don't have to like her, but you don't have to spread the venom, we as women should support each other, in that, I support republican women, I don't necessarily support their political ideas but I would never throw shade (I'm sure that is out of date by now if I am saying it!) per se on women. I don't know what the founding fathers would think of today.. For one they would be perhaps dismayed at the place of women today. I cannot see following the 'fathers' (where were the mothers btw??) verbatim because in those days there were muskets, there was a tax revolt against England. This is why we have a two party system in America, one can vote for whom they wish and who best reflects one's beliefs for the USA, for me that is Clinton, for you maybe not, but hopefully we won't go the way of Putin and Russia that is a very scary thought. I think the major difference between disregard for the founders and wishing and hoping that people would view the constitution through the world today.. so much has changed since 1778... Times change, people change :) if we don't unite as a country first, if we become 'states first' in all, who knows what would happen, I for one think it would be quite a mess. many people dislike the 16th and 17th amendments.. sometimes I do then I don't.. if one looks at the country today the will of the conservatives in the senate would be even more powerful than it is today.. not sure I like that.. I do evolve and ever change as I read though. I've been in favor and dislike capital punishment for over 40 years.

peace.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate - I don't have to 'throw shade on' or 'smear' Hillary; she's done a fine job of that all on her own.

I can honestly say that there is not ONE SINGLE THING she has done that I agree with or support ... because I do not trust her in ANY capacity; I do not believe her ideas about empowering and supporting women; I do not believe she has America's (much less any particular segment's) best interest at heart.

What I DO believe about her - based solely on HER actions and words - is that she will do whatever she can, whatever it takes, regardless of who is hurt, to better herself, her family, and her bank account.

ETA: Penis or vag ... black or white ... republican or democrat - wrong is still wrong IMO.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1469532034|4059390 said:
I will not support or vote for a person just because they are a woman or a black, green, white, Christian, or whatever. I believe it is ridiculous to even suggest that someone should vote based entirely on that issue, regardless of political party.

I said support. I don't care who you vote for.. I do think people SHOULD support their biases redwood :) I voted republican once and lived to regret so I thoroughly vet my candidates. I never suggested you vote for a person because their black, white or green, what I said is women should be more supportive of other women, I don't care who votes for Clinton or Trump really, my life won't change. But the chants about Hillary Clinton at the RNC were quite surprising that people could be that vicious. Live and learn, and I say again, vote for whomever you want.. don't support women, it's up to you.

Tekate, I see you changed what you should have said - "competent women" - further up in the thread and I agree with that sentiment. If they are in line with my personal ideology first. Those ideals, for me, don't change no matter the color, gender, etc. I support all women to be the best they can be and follow their own path. I just don't have to agree with them.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi.

I think that looking at the truth or reality about candidates and current issues is the more prudent path to take. On this board if we criticize a candidate, the other side seizes on that as an opportunity to disparage what as been said. HRC, does gave her flaws, some rather large, but she has devoted herself to pubic service and accomplished much good for children's welfare and she has championed womens rights. For this I thank her. However, we still have to be able to discuss shortcomings.

What do you all make of her hiring Wasserman Schultz immediatley after her departure from the DNC. Does this woman have a tin ear?

Deb. I don't believe there were laws preventing women from wearing pants. I believe schools and jobs are able to make their own rules; just rules about attire. It used to be called convention. You had to show you were both respectful and a lady when you appeared In court.

It has been many yrs since I tried to convince anyone to vote my way. Yesterday I asked my nurse if she was a citizen. She said yes, and I asked her to vote for Hillary. She has a mother who is 89, and a father who is 92, and will get them registered to vote.(I hope) They are from the Phillipines. She has never voted before. I did somehow feel a little guilty, almost as if I was taking advantage of the poor immigrant. She;s lovely.
Annette

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
smitcompton|1469546621|4059440 said:
Hi.

What do you all make of her hiring Wasserman Schultz immediatley after her departure from the DNC. Does this woman have a tin ear?

Annette
Pay-back !.. :wink2:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1469548343|4059446 said:
smitcompton|1469546621|4059440 said:
Hi.

Annette
Pay-back !.. :wink2:

This does seem quite strange for her to do and a little smacking of payback. I am not going to jump on the train of she was in on it but it still does seem tone deaf to the Bernie people.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I listened to Hillary Clinton's reply last night about the emails.

And she denied ever having seen them and knew nothing about them.

Again she is not aware of what is going on right around her?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Deb. I don't believe there were laws preventing women from wearing pants. I believe schools and jobs are able to make their own rules; just rules about attire. It used to be called convention. You had to show you were both respectful and a lady when you appeared In court.

I went to Katharine Gibbs in the 1970s. It was a very proper business school for women.

It specialized in training young women to be in the business world and to dress for the most staid employer.

And we were allowed to wear pant suits.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate, I also joined the work force in the 70's and experienced the very same things you did. I would never have dreamed of speaking up because I was supporting myself. I was also just 18 at the time. The industry I worked in was definately a "Good Ole Boys" network. I worked for a Fortune 500 company so I imagine it was worse in smaller companies. Women were only hired as secretaries. It was a totally different world back then and the young woman today just don't realize how different it was. I can't believe some of the crap I put up with back then.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1469546325|4059437 said:
Tekate|1469532034|4059390 said:

Tekate, I see you changed what you should have said - "competent women" - further up in the thread and I agree with that sentiment. If they are in line with my personal ideology first. Those ideals, for me, don't change no matter the color, gender, etc. I support all women to be the best they can be and follow their own path. I just don't have to agree with them.

Redwood, Mrs Bush, I think she was competent I think she was a loving mom, a good human being and well grounded, I would never throw anything at her, Mrs Pallin, while a big mouth, hypocrite is still a woman and I think probably has had her share of fighting it to get ahead.. We as women need as much unity as possible.. So peace love and understanding to you!

kate

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1469559208|4059525 said:

Exactly! :clap: So like the whole "email sophistication" thing ... she's either a completely out-of-touch moron or is absolutely full of crap. Given she's a lawyer, my BS meter is tapping hard over on the "full of crap" side.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Tekate, I also joined the work force in the 70's and experienced the very same things you did. I would never have dreamed of speaking up because I was supporting myself. I was also just 18 at the time.

I had the opposite experience. I worked for an Insurance Agency. And yes I started as a secretary.

And as my skills grew they gave me more opportunities where I eventually became an underwriter.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1469559977|4059532 said:
Tekate, I also joined the work force in the 70's and experienced the very same things you did. I would never have dreamed of speaking up because I was supporting myself. I was also just 18 at the time. The industry I worked in was definately a "Good Ole Boys" network. I worked for a Fortune 500 company so I imagine it was worse in smaller companies. Women were only hired as secretaries. It was a totally different world back then and the young woman today just don't realize how different it was. I can't believe some of the crap I put up with back then.

(((Calliecake))) hugs to you and a big yup.. you know I was a dispatcher after college and worked with all men mostly :) I "lived with I am gonna f--- you before you leave", pulling my bra, undoing my bra, cornering me, harassing me, blocking my car, the mild stuff was flirting, I can't even go into all that happened, EVEN at IBM in 82 I had a 'manager' who used to come in and give me back rubs (yup), I was afraid I would get fired if I complained about him, I did try to stand up for myself but pretty meekly.. the working world I believe is better for women today. I think Mrs Clinton has been put down for her looks, her weight and her husband,her decisiveness, her short answers (all things men do btw or have) I saw her as I have said above, loving her kid and staying with Mr Clinton because she loved Chelsea and she was brought up to 'stick it out' and maybe they did work it out, not a requirement for president though.. When I was first married to my exhusband in 75 I called my mom up (two weeks after we got married this is) and said to her "mom can I come home, (exhusband) is being MEAN to me, he's changed" and my mom (a good Irish Catholic woman) said to me, Kate we are catholic and we stick it out... so I had 10 years of a guy who was mean, very mean..abusive... Sooo long story, sorry about that.. but I feel very strongly that we woman, whatever our political beliefs, should not shout out too terribly against one another, I don't want to ever go back to the 70s.. nope.. I will end with Mrs. Obama's 'when they go low, we go high'.

peace

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to say that my former job was definitely a man's world and it was hard at first to fit in. But the camaraderie that developed once that happened was something I will remember all my life. I know for the women before me it was extremely difficult and harassment was rampant. Those were the times when a union was needed to protect all workers. Now many unions hold government agencies hostage with unrealistic demands. But that is another thread entirely.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1469559398|4059526 said:

I went to Katharine Gibbs in the 1970s. It was a very proper business school for women.

It specialized in training young women to be in the business world and to dress for the most staid employer.

And we were allowed to wear pant suits.

There were no pants suits in the era of which I am speaking, ruby.

And if it was not the law, I do not know on what authority judges here in Connecticut forced female attorneys to wear skirts in court "back in the day", Annette. I would have thought that attorneys knew the law and would not have needed to bow to mere "convention". But I admit I am on shaky ground with this one. I have no hard evidence that there was a law. I am just speculating, which I actually know is worthless. ;))

Am I the only one (besides Tekate) who remembers that women and girls had to wear only skirts; dresses; and jumpers (American jumpers); to school in the 1950's and early 1960's? At home we might wear jeans or corduroy pants or shorts, but at school it was absolutely forbidden. There were no school or dress garments with pants made for girls. The only choice for being dressy was whether to wear a hat and little white gloves, and the church one went to sometimes dictated whether one wore a hat on Sunday.

AGBF

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
What bothers me is so many women don't stand up for Hillary Clinton.. people seem to forget what it was like for women in the 70s..

AGBF, this was the post you replied to. And you did not put any dates in your response, so I assumed you were a woman starting out in the 1970s as well.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1469571996|4059631 said:

AGBF, this was the post you replied to. And you did not put any dates in your response, so I assumed you were a woman starting out in the 1970s as well.

When I speak about women's history, ruby, I try not to limit it only to one decade. I graduated from college in 1973 and got my first master's degree in 1975, but I was affected by the schools I attended in the 1950's and 1960's and the community in which I grew up.
I worked before I went to college. For instance, during the summer after high school I was a nurse's aide at the local hospital. That was still 1969. (I saw the men walk on the moon while working on the hospital floor!) 1969 was already light years ahead of the 1950's and early 1960's in terms of "modernity". The Beatles had come to the United States and there was long hair and unusual dress and Hippies by then. Women had not been included in the movement that swept through the country. We were mobilizing slowly. The 1970's was only starting to show some gains for us, but sartorially we could do a lot because everyone was doing as he wished (although not, yet, in the office).

AGBF

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn|1469561321|4059547 said:
ruby59|1469559208|4059525 said:

Exactly! :clap: So like the whole "email sophistication" thing ... she's either a completely out-of-touch moron or is absolutely full of crap. Given she's a lawyer, my BS meter is tapping hard over on the "full of crap" side.
Most likely!!... :bigsmile:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF!!!

this:

Am I the only one (besides Tekate) who remembers that women and girls had to wear only skirts; dresses; and jumpers (American jumpers); to school in the 1950's and early 1960's? At home we might wear jeans or corduroy pants or shorts, but at school it was absolutely forbidden. There were no school or dress garments with pants made for girls. The only choice for being dressy was whether to wear a hat and little white gloves, and the church one went to sometimes dictated whether one wore a hat on Sunday.

^5^^,I remember when we were little and I soooo sooo wanted to climb the monkey bars (barred today I think), and I always had a skirt/dress on and couldn't the boys ruled the monkey bars.. As a catholic I remember my mom pinning a blank blank tissue on my head with a bobbie pin ha.. we forgot my little lacey doily! In Catholic high (in CT btw :))) I had the dean of discipline call me a 'whore' because back in the day we hiked our skirts up before school and he caught me.. sick people :(

I'm ever so glad for young women to day (under 40 to me) who haven't experienced quite the 50s and 60s with male authority figures.

Peace!!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1469569760|4059609 said:
I have to say that my former job was definitely a man's world and it was hard at first to fit in. But the camaraderie that developed once that happened was something I will remember all my life. I know for the women before me it was extremely difficult and harassment was rampant. Those were the times when a union was needed to protect all workers. Now many unions hold government agencies hostage with unrealistic demands. But that is another thread entirely.

That should be started with a IMHO, and as you said, another time and thread!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results