color
clarity

Things you splurge on?

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Fellow perfume hog here ckrickett! :wavey:

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Travel, jewelry...but hard to say if it is splurging as we weigh costs carefully, such as buying pre-owned jewelry and the cheapest cabins on cruise ships (inside cabins). By not going "first class" we can afford to go on many more vacations.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess after reading the responses I'm guilty of splurging a lot. Jewelry, clothes, shoes, nails and pedicures, fragrance, landscaping and my dog. I don't really consider my dog a splurge though. More like typical monthly expenses. She has a lot of stomach issues so she requires special care and food. Her vet visits can be very costly. I guess her rhinestone collars might be considered a splurge. Being female she needs her bling too!

After reading the list above I guess I am pretty high maintenance :(

Texaskj, Don't feel guilty. I have my nails and pedicure done every other week like clockwork.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Gemstones, perfume, books and food.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jewelry, purses, iPads, dining out, good wine, luxury cars, art and cameras.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Gemstones. They have no utility except for beauty...although admiring something beautiful is starting to have value to me. I have to think more about this concept.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Our children(clothing, entertainment, education, ect), jewelry, technology, and travel.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Camping gear usually, as it is my holiday format of choice since 2008 when I decided to keep my late partner's dog as my own.

I hate to think how much I had spent on my camping gear since then, however, the list included a trailer and a tow bar to be fitted to my car. :))

Jewellery is another vice, however, I don't really need anything, and have curbed my spending significantly in the past few years.

Food is another big spender, as I like to eat well when I go out.

DK :))

soocool

Ideal_Rock
Artwork, facials/massages, clothes (classic styles) and my DD.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband and I just splurged on shelving units for our garage, and I'm ridiculously excited about it.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cruise vacations - we sail at least once a year in balcony cabins. But next year we are sailing in a full suite with all of its perks.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Tools, books, coloured gemstones, travel.

I buy good, solid tools that last, I travel as often as I can but stay in cheap hotels. I am spending more on books (thanks to the Kindle and immediate download), less on gemstones.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I splurge on manual labor. Cleaning lady, gardener, car washes, window washing, carpet cleaning, electricians to hang christmas lights etc. Dh and I are not the do-it-yourself type, we like a nice house, and clean cars, but don't like to do anything of that stuff ourselves. Would probably take too long, and look horrible.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Jewelry (of course), handbags, travel, food, and cat care.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Definitely my biggest splurge is my children's education. Our monthly tuition for one of them for preschool is more than our mortgage payment! When they're both in school it's going to be insane. But we adore their school - it is absolutely perfect for our family.

I also splurge on a cleaning lady and groceries. We eat out less than once a week so I do a ton of cooking. I spend around $300-400/week on groceries for four people! I actually do try to be frugal with groceries.

I can't wait to splurge on more! Travel, clothes, skin care, a house - all sounds fantastic! :)

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
- my car :love:
- my dogs
- FOOD :lickout:
- entertainment (baseball games or concerts)
- clothes
- books :read:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do vacuum cleaners count? I recently bought 2 cordless Dysons and love them! Vacuuming is a breeze with them and the cat hair is no match for their power so well worth the money! Anything that makes life easier is worth the money if we can afford it IMO.

The more I think about this the more I realize that we splurge a lot more these days. My thinking about all this has changed recently so even while we are not throwing money away I am spending on luxuries much more than usual to make life easier and more enjoyable. Sometimes things can bring enjoyment.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Our organic foods and pasture raised meats. Taking care of our bodies is very important to me. I also buy the good stuff for my dogs as well. We also spend a lot of money for running races and triathlons and all the gear that goes with it.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm very frugal about most things. When I splurge, I splurge. I'm picky about sheets and towels. I don't care how much they cost, I'm going to have nice sheets and towels. I also spend money on my dog. He has people to take him to the dog park every day and eats high-quality food. Last year I splurged on jewelry. This year we splurged on a nice vacation. I only get my hair cut every three or four months and I don't color but I do splurge on good hair products. While I was on vacation I got a keratin treatment. I'm addicted now so I guess all my free change will go for those. We also splurge on a cleaning lady. The cleaning lady is better than couple's counseling for our relationship!!!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun thread. I splurge on jewelry, Hermes bags and scarves, entertainment.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
100% cashmere socks for sleeping.

An occasional piece of jewelry.

Lavender liquid soap.

I'm a pretty cheap date. :bigsmile:

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
Food, yarn and shoes.

Food, I try to buy everything organic. But I've learned my lesson on taking DH grocery shopping (OM...FG.)
plus I have a soft spot for really reaaaaaallly good dry aged steaks.

Yarn wise, I just started splurging. I made a really pretty, long, soft cardigan this winter and my only regret was not using better yarn.
So I just ordered an artesian homemade merino blend from England. It is CRAZY expensive (for me at least....for yarn!) But its SO darn pretty.

And shoes.
Because my feet are ridiculously small and I can never find decent shoes...even in Korea.
(I wear adult size 4.5 /kids youth size 2.5,...aka impossible to find d good heels, boots and everything else!)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kids - martial arts and separate weapons lessons, gymnastics, fine arts, mandarin classes, all extras. But we do it monthly and will as long as we can. Can't put a price tag on life skills...

Gym membership - expensive to me because I went from $10/month to almost $200/month. I use it so regularly that I moved to a high end spa/gym that stocks all kiehl's products. Now I am considering private reformer classes too. I haven't committed because those are SOOO expensive.

Food - organic and unprocessed foods, lots of fresh fruit and vegetables

Last 3 years I spent a lot traveling to races, fees, gear, etc. I'm taking a break from running so I'll be saving that money. I bought my first pair of heels in 3 years. My clothes are all lululemon, on sale and on sale again jcrew. I have a huge collection of LV bags that I couldn't use if I lived three lives so I haven't bought a purse in years.

Boots - I do love a good pair. I'm saving up for a pair of Fiorentini and Bakers for the winter. :)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I also splurge on my nails and toes.

My Fiancee splurges on Technology

3D Printers, Laser Cutters, Die Cutting machines. Right now we are discussing whether to get a CNC Router or a Mill for machining.

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
Jewelry, travel, makeup, my kids. I have my kids in private school so that is where a lot of extra money goes.

Sakuracherry

Brilliant_Rock
I splurge on jewelry once in a while. I'm pretty frugal. About 3/4 of my salary go straight to the saving account as I've been saving for grad school. It'll be nice to graduate without any debt.

minidancer

Shiny_Rock
I just finished grad school with loans, so I try to live pretty frugally. But I do splurge on travel, hair appointments, healthy food & little things that bring me happiness: most recently, a new pair of Tiffanys glasses. Typing this, I'm starting not to feel so frugal... :rolleyes:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Sakuracherry|1403810251|3701600 said:
I splurge on jewelry once in a while. I'm pretty frugal. About 3/4 of my salary go straight to the saving account as I've been saving for grad school. It'll be nice to graduate without any debt.
No Dept after graduating is insanely awesome!!!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asscherhalo_lover|1403477114|3698832 said:
Things that can make my life easier, I just bought a Roomba 770 today, I can't wait!

yay! those things are awesome!

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't buy much jewelry anymore, so in the last few years my most frequent regular splurges would be dresses (I love sheath styles, both modern and vintage, and do wear them to work), and regular hotel stays of one night at a time. We have three kids including 4 year old twins, and no family around, so we take turns taking nights away from home just for a break! An expensive habit, but so far it helps us keep our sanity so we go with it. lol

My favorite place to find dresses is Winners for modern and etsy for vintage.

Anne

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results