carat
color
clarity

Sleep apart from your SO?

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1435364598|3895005 said:
C'mon... only men snores and women don't?.. :Up_to_something: Most of ya ladies here probably "snores like a pig"... :snore: :lol:

Pretty, sparkly pigs, Mr Man!!!!!!

Paz

Rough_Rock
C'mon... only men snores and women don't?.. :Up_to_something: Most of ya ladies here probably "snores like a pig"... :snore: :lol:

My husband played a recording from his phone, and I thought it was a grizzley bear. Nope, just me snoring! I sound like a bear/freight train nightmare. :errrr:

Yes, he has my permission to sleep in the guest room or ask me to relocate there, any time. ;-)

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My story is the same as everybody else's.
DH snores, so I often end up on the couch.
Hotels are horrible, because there's no place to go to get away from the snoring.

My dad had his nose broken by a baseball when playing in the minor leagues in the 60's.
His snoring is legendary.
Once, when we went camping with our trailor, it was particularly miserable. All of us in that camper, and dad snoring like a chain saw.
In the morning, we found Mom sleeping in the truck.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
When we first got married, & I moved to his hometown, the snoring it was awful. Newlywed, & he snored terribly. Could not sleep in the same bed. We finally figured it out--have slept together ever since. I wear ear plugs, & cannot really sleep without the ear plugs in the same bed otherwise. Years later he was diagnosed with significant apnea, & has a breathing device that has not only lessened his snoring, but improved his sleep quality greatly.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1435372910|3895059 said:

It's a proven fact DF that women snore only .014% (you are the statistics expert after all) of the time compared to their male counterparts. :wink2:

whatmoisnoreneveroinoink.jpg

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
We have slept in separate rooms most nights for 30 years. My husband snores so loud you can hear it though the walls to the next room. I had custom ear molds made before we were even married! Also I am a very light sleeper and hear everything. I use a fan to make white noise to sleep even when we are not in the same bed.

When we built the home we are currently in we added on a snore room to our master bedroom . It connects with double pane glass french doors. I can see him haha. I realised when I was in the same bed when he was snoring that sometimes he would stop breathing for a few seconds. When I told him this he went and got tested for sleep apnea. It was a good thing he went to get tested. Turns out that he has sleep apnea. He had surgery on the soft palate to help with the snoring and it was very painful and didn't work. He now uses a Cpap machine and he is sleeping better and not snoring for the most part.

It would be a very good idea to listen to your snoring partners to see if they stop breathing when they snore. It sounds like a quick snort sometimes and they can wake themselves up for a second. It can lead to serious health issues both cardiac and stroke. We have gotten many of our friends to do a sleep study. Several of them found that they also have sleep apnea and are using Cpap machines. You could add years to their life

When we travel we always sleep together. My DH has made a recording of a loud fan and downloaded it to his iphone. We take a blue tooth mini speaker with us. It works really well. Not only do I not hear him, we don't hear hotel noises inside or outside of our room. Great for hotels with noisy street traffic or loud guests and hotel maids. It might solve your problem of wanting 2 hotel rooms Azstonie. It took us a while to figure things out. We just make sure to make time for dates so that we don't feel disconnected. We are both better rested and happier and healthier.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
JD does that quick snort thing. Well. Maybe we need to look into a sleep study for him.

When we were on vacation, my dad *insisted* he only heard him one time. I find that to be a crock, but maybe the mattress was different enough that he slept well, I don't know. My mattress was incredible and I never wanted to get out, so maybe. He's been so loud that there's times I can hear him when I'm up in the middle of the night in the bathroom-and he has his own box fan in there so I can hear him across the hall, over the noise of the fan. A coupe times I heard him in London's room-over the noise of my own fan right next to my head, and with her door almost shut. (I put my flip flop there so it won't shut all the way and my kitties can get in to snuggle)

Ear plugs don't work-I can feel the rumbling thru the mattress and it irritates me. I'm a light sleeper anyway, but I need to be able to hear things at night-if the dog needs to go out, alarms, the kids.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1435402995|3895145 said:
azstonie|1435372910|3895059 said:

It's a proven fact DF that women snore only .014% (you are the statistics expert after all) of the time compared to their male counterparts. :wink2:

:lol: :lol: I love that piggy!!! She's the epitome of pinksparkleshinyspecialness!!!! AND she has a Beemer with a chauffeur!

BBZiggy, you're right about the sleep apnea. i do listen periodically to see if that snort/stop breathing pattern is there, so far it isn't.

That was genius about the white noise for the hotel room. My Kindle Fire just got a white noise free app (an amazing array of choices INCLUDING giant giant fan noise!). I'll try the ear plugs and white noise this fall when we head over to the coast.

I'm still working on him to lose 20 pounds, THAT will help too! :shock:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie, My husband lost 25 punds about 10 years ago and the snoring pretty much went away. He has since gained all of it back and the snoring is terrible. If I only I get him to take it off again!

We sleep in the same bed. I must admit I sleep much better when he is out of town. His snoring can be heard all the way on the other side of the house. On the other hand, he sleeps better when I am out of town. I can't imagine it is all that pleasant for him sleeping in a room that is 54 degrees in the winter or rolling over and finding himself on top of one of my ice packs at 3:00 in the morning. He has said repeatedly that he can see his breathe in our room during the winter months. Oh the joys of menopause and married life!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I knew it, nobody had snoring when we were in our 20s and 30s and not overweight!!!

WORD regarding the joys of sleeping together later on in life. When you first sleep together its a wonder and amazing and cozy and then later on down the road you'd kill each other with a fork to get a good night's sleep :twisted:

Paz

Rough_Rock
Last night I was in the guestroom with blackout curtains, two fans blowing, and the queen bed all to myself. :praise:

I suppose I could have stayed with dh, but I managed to spill an entire glass of water on my pillows, sheets, and on ME. That will wake you up! :blackeye: :lol:

DH was stoked to have the king to himself and I am happily spending this morning in bed, watching Netflix. :tongue:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1435425536|3895261 said:
I knew it, nobody had snoring when we were in our 20s and 30s and not overweight!!!

WORD regarding the joys of sleeping together later on in life. When you first sleep together its a wonder and amazing and cozy and then later on down the road you'd kill each other with a fork to get a good night's sleep :twisted:

Haha so true.
Also I find that when dh has a drink or 2 that night it affects his snoring as in he snores more. I have brought this to his attention though I don't think he is willing to stop having a cocktail or 2 most nights. Oh well. He's a grown boy and can make these decisions for himself but it certainly says something if drinking worsens his occasional snoring. ::)

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1435494016|3895645 said:
azstonie|1435425536|3895261 said:

Haha so true.
Also I find that when dh has a drink or 2 that night it affects his snoring as in he snores more. I have brought this to his attention though I don't think he is willing to stop having a cocktail or 2 most nights. Oh well. He's a grown boy and can make these decisions for himself but it certainly says something if drinking worsens his occasional snoring. ::)

Well my husband doesn't even drink so I know that is not his problem. I really think it's the weight in my husband's case. If he loses it the snoring becomes almost non existent. I hate to bring it up and have told him repeatedly I could less about the weight form a looks perspective I just want him to quit snoring. I'm beginningto think sleep apnea may also be part of his problem. He will offer snort really loud and wake himself up when he is snoring. I have never brought up the sleeping in a separate room for fear he would be hurt but it would really be nice to get a decent night sleep. Sometimes I am actually grateful that he travels. I think the dog feels the same way. He has even woken her up with the snoring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results