shape
carat
color
clarity

Since we are all anonymous....

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Famous by default here - A family member of mine, since deceased, was a major player in the Watergate scandal, their name was on the front page of the New York Times numerous times...and no it was not Nixon. ;))

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool! No, I don't expect anyone to actually tell us they are famous. I think I might know who was the nFL wife. I thought someone might be an athlete wife but she hasn't been on for quite a while.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1391043698|3603826 said:
Yes, I would concur with Christina regarding some massive rings that might reflect the ego of the man and not necessarily the taste of the woman. :naughty:

I don't know so much about famous, but there have been some ultra-wealthy people on here such as one showing many high end Cartier (and other) pieces with a view of some extravagant body of water in the background. I wish more people like that would post because it is soooo fun to see what they have in their collections. And I do imagine they might enjoy getting to share with others because no one can really do it in real life regardless of our social circles.
Megeve and her Cartier Trinity bracelet with the single pave bangle! :sun:

Now I want to know who the NFL wife was...

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
But if we out her she won't come back!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I may be the only one that doesn't CARE if someone on here is famous. I'd love their bling, but I don't really care about fame all that much.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1391054922|3603976 said:
Yes, I would concur with Christina regarding some massive rings that might reflect the ego of the man and not necessarily the taste of the woman. :naughty:

I don't know so much about famous, but there have been some ultra-wealthy people on here such as one showing many high end Cartier (and other) pieces with a view of some extravagant body of water in the background. I wish more people like that would post because it is soooo fun to see what they have in their collections. And I do imagine they might enjoy getting to share with others because no one can really do it in real life regardless of our social circles.

lol If I'm right...and I'm probably not...then you DO know who she is. :naughty:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
ame|1391100842|3604200 said:
I may be the only one that doesn't CARE if someone on here is famous. I'd love their bling, but I don't really care about fame all that much.

no, you are not alone.......all that matters is that the person loves bling and shares bling ****...... :love:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1391104853|3604253 said:

no, you are not alone.......all that matters is that the person loves bling and shares bling ****...... :love:
Precisely. On here, and in life, fame is so unimportant to me. I won't lie and say I might not be starstruck running into someone in person but I'd probably get over it pretty quickly.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Christina...|1391104716|3604246 said:
Yssie|1391054922|3603976 said:

lol If I'm right...and I'm probably not...then you DO know who she is. :naughty:

Email me!? :bigsmile:
(And you owe me another email from another thread!)
(Huh. I just saw you posted that you had... I'm sending you one now, let me know if you get it?)

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock

Oh yes, I love those pics. :lickout: I am very far from rich or famous, so I love seeing these incredible pieces.
Your gorgeous rings are more than I'll ever have DS. I'm glad SMTB exists at all. :))

krisjon

Shiny_Rock
Famous? No. Infamous? Most definitely.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't really get why people feel the need to be wealth or celebrity adjacent in life, But for those that try to deny the "cliqueyness" of this place, the behind the scenes gossip about who it might be is a dead giveaway of the "inner circle" bullshit. Just sayin.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
ame|1391175697|3604900 said:
I don't really get why people feel the need to be wealth or celebrity adjacent in life, But for those that try to deny the "cliqueyness" of this place, the behind the scenes gossip about who it might be is a dead giveaway of the "inner circle" bullshit. Just sayin.

What I find amusing about this is those who are "cliquish" might be surprised where the real wealth and celebrity lie. Not that those things matter when we choose to be inclusive or kind.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1391025601|3603581 said:
I'm a legend in my own mind, does that count? :lol:

Hey I was going to say that!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to admit I would be curious, but again part of the appeal of this place is that people can post and enjoy etc anonymously. Probably refreshing to have places like that if one was famous.

I post here because none of my friends are into jewelry (except for one maybe) in fact probably see it akin to some kind of moral failing. So I can indulge and talk about jewelry without judgement.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I don't know about famous ( we might recognize their jewelry if they posted it here ), but there are probably a few people with the same amount of money as very wealthy celebrities.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
part gypsy|1391184540|3605034 said:
I have to admit I would be curious, but again part of the appeal of this place is that people can post and enjoy etc anonymously. Probably refreshing to have places like that if one was famous.

I post here because none of my friends are into jewelry (except for one maybe) in fact probably see it akin to some kind of moral failing. So I can indulge and talk about jewelry without judgement.
I post here for the same reason. When I start to talk about jewelry to friends and family they look kind of bored.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock

Hmmm. I have never felt left out here. Maybe cause I don't give a hoot who has what.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

I know a lot of people who consider it a moral failing when anything you own is better than what they own. It's delightful.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
innerkitten|1391186865|3605075 said:

Hmmm. I have never felt left out here. Maybe cause I don't give a hoot who has what.
What gave you the suggestion that I am feeling left out? I am stating that it's been mentioned repeatedly in other threads that there is a level of cliquishness around here, and there are several posts on this thread alone that indicate a significant behind-the-scenes discussion of who is in the "inner circle" and gets to know. I could not give any less of a rats ass who this person they think is famous or a wife of someone in some celebrity circle, but the gameplaying is ridiculous.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
ame|1391187546|3605089 said:
innerkitten|1391186865|3605075 said:

What gave you the suggestion that I am feeling left out? I am stating that it's been mentioned repeatedly in other threads that there is a level of cliquishness around here, and there are several posts on this thread alone that indicate a significant behind-the-scenes discussion of who is in the "inner circle" and gets to know. I could not give any less of a rats a$$ who this person they think is famous or a wife of someone in some celebrity circle, but the gameplaying is ridiculous.

I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about myself. Sorry if it seemed that way.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1391025049|3603567 said:
Great question. I can get all philosophical on you, ha ha! I'm a non-famous person who would not be able to stand being famous so my answer is that even if I were famous, I wouldn't let on. On the other hand, if I had the mindset to be famous, maybe I'd want everyone to know, because I liked being famous, so I'd tell people...

Hah, I too think I would hate being famous. I mean... paparazzi pictures of me going to the grocery store without having brushed my hair? No thanks.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Exactly - and anonymity can go beyond just knowing your name. Some NFL wives, for example might (might - people vary) feel that they are no longer anonymous if their "NFL wife" status is disclosed on a forum that as nothing to do with the NFL. Just sayin'.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On wedding boards I've seen people disclose that they were marrying someone famous-ish and the amount of drama that ensued was not worth the second of voyeuristic thrill. I think PS would be more chill about it... but "more chill" is not "totally chill."

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1391199914|3605274 said:

Exactly - and anonymity can go beyond just knowing your name. Some NFL wives, for example might (might - people vary) feel that they are no longer anonymous if their "NFL wife" status is disclosed on a forum that as nothing to do with the NFL. Just sayin'.

Exactly! And precisely the reason I have not divulged my suspicions. I've also stated repeatedly that I'm likely wrong, which would make it even more irresponsible and unkind to disclose. :))

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

+1. Curiosity will get to me, though. But I also am shameful when I do know someone famous...I don't, in case u are asking.. But I have brushed shoulders with Martina Navratilova and I just went goo goo gah gah-are u um Martina?? Soo embarrassed, I was. I drank some more and I was ok!

On the same note, I feel their pain for being famous. No anonimity.

Show me bling,pls!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well this person may not be world famous. Is there any pricescopers like me from the UK who has not got a clue what NFL is or stands for?

I'm like Ame too I couldn't care less about famous unless they have done it for a good cause i.e. Florence Nightingale.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Googled it. National Football League.

Ha I worked with the mother of a famous footballer in the UK, never thought of it as I am not into Football. She used to get phonecalls in our lunch hour from him at the swimming pool at the football club when he was out due to a knee injury and we all just carried on our conversation around the table until she could talk with us all again. Think you play American football which is a diffeent game from our football though.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Pyramid|1391214575|3605430 said:
Well this person may not be world famous. Is there any pricescopers like me from the UK who has not got a clue what NFL is or stands for?

I'm like Ame too I couldn't care less about famous unless they have done it for a good cause i.e. Florence Nightingale.

I'm American and know nothing about sports. But NFL is the National Football League ( as in American style football ).

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I've always wondered about whether any PS posters are famous, but not enough to want/need to know who they are. If anyone IS famous I'm just glad they're sharing their bling with us! :D I do agree that we have a lot of very wealthy posters, and again, I'm just happy they're sharing their bling so I can drool all over my keyboard!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results