Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

hoover

Shiny_Rock
Re: Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

december-fire|1454462514|3985939 said:
Hoover,

Your poor babe! I hope the lump that was removed wasn't anything serious.

Thanks December-fire :wavey: everything came back clear :appl:

The poor monster has had to adjust to the cone... I tried to give him a break from it but as soon as the cone came off, he started scratching his stitches and the wound. I had to wrestle him to put it back on. I feel really bad for him, but I don't want him to tear the stitches. I know the cone is uncomfortable but Google hasn't provided any real solutions to not wearing the cone. I wish there was something I could do for him...

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi Hoover: I buy the jorvet cone of shame from Amazon, its fabric, very comfy. @$20.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

All three of my tortie girls.

untitled__29_.png

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

from her 6th birthday

5th Birthday

We did the same for birthday number 4 but I can't find those pictures
And she's such a goofy girl. I love her to death...lol

Poor girl was sick of me taking pictures...lol

six_years_old.jpg

five_years_old.jpg

goofy_lucky.jpg

really_mommy.jpg

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Aww, she's gorgeous, Arcadian! I love a black greyhound! :love: She looks petite?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Loves Vintage|1454604645|3986827 said:
Aww, she's gorgeous, Arcadian! I love a black greyhound! :love: She looks petite?

She's not super petite no. She raced at 63lbs, and ranges these days between 65-68lbs. Lowest being summer. Last winter she got to 70lbs because of all the snow we got. She is quite compact though, but I heard that was because she is on the Dam side Irish (the Sire side is American).

I originally wanted a big ol boy, I preferred a black dog but I didn't really care about color. My other half wanted a brindle girl. well..we split the difference and got Lucky so to speak :lol:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous dog, love her pics!!! What kind of disposition or personality does she have?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

azstonie|1454607758|3986858 said:
Gorgeous dog, love her pics!!! What kind of disposition or personality does she have?

She's just like her mommie! Likes a few; puts up with the rest :lol: Seriously though, If she likes you, you will know :lol: There's only one person she just didn't like. I didn't exactly get great vibes from him either tbh! Thats the one and only time I saw her bark at someone.

Outside of that she rarely barks, even when playing. Service folks that come to the house, she won't bark. She gives them the "whats up" look. Its pretty interesting in a way. She doesn't bark at the mailman either...lol She does play growl though.

We've never tested her with cats, but she tends to ignore the ones outside. She does however perk up for peacocks!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

She's perfect! No wonder I see so many rescue greyhounds and their happy people! Thank you for telling me about your sweet girl. :appl: :love:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

When a selfie goes wrong

taji_photo_bomb.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata|1454645262|3987035 said:
When a selfie goes wrong

Hahahahahah! The tail is a particularly spectacular touch!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata|1454645262|3987035 said:
When a selfie goes wrong

LOL :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: I love it! Reminds me of Petey! Someone created a car cling-on for a charity with his image (with the owners approval of course!)

petey_photo_bomb.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

azstonie|1454638588|3986980 said:
She's perfect! No wonder I see so many rescue greyhounds and their happy people! Thank you for telling me about your sweet girl. :appl: :love:

Greyhounds are really sweet dogs and so freaking hilarious!! The more comfortable they are around you, the goofier they get! That whole elegant model thing is strictly for show :shhh:

The funniest thing is seeing a greyhound meetup. most of the dogs are laying on their sides, they're really and truly lazy; that is until someone brings out the squawker (or treats take your pick...lol)

hay joe

Shiny_Rock

What wonderful pets/family members. We all are so lucky to have their companionship.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here is my baby, my angel, my everything :angel: This girl can do no wrong.. except maybe when she ate my Jimmy Choo shoes.. :shifty:

img_10773.jpg

02092011_1294.jpg

img_10774.jpg

20150926_131051.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Scandinavian, thank you for posting pics of your sweet girl. She is a beauty! :love:
Please hug her from me. Love her. :love:

Just catching up. What great photos everyone has shared!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Missy - thank you :) :) :) I love her too :) Just one more. . Sorry..

20160213_150637-1.jpg

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock

"This girl can do no wrong.. except maybe when she ate my Jimmy Choo shoes.. "

AHA! I knew there was a reason I don't buy Jimmy Choos. That, and the fact that they don't come in 8EEE.

Beautiful dog!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

springerspaniel|1455559227|3991311 said:
"This girl can do no wrong.. except maybe when she ate my Jimmy Choo shoes.. "

AHA! I knew there was a reason I don't buy Jimmy Choos. That, and the fact that they don't come in 8EEE.

Beautiful dog!
Thank you :) I love your dog too :) Actually, Chloés are just as bad.. she ate them too.. bad bad doggie... threw them out before my husband could see them... :shhh: She eats my shoes when she is mad at me - like if I go skiing with the kids without her (skiing classes, no dogs allowed..) Now I have bought decoy shoes to keep her away from the expensive ones, hahaha

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

Happy Monday, from a cat with no legs! :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

NoLegs.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Scandinavian|1455553096|3991292 said:

She looks so pleased to be wearing booties :lol: I did that only once. Took her to the forest and for the life of me I don't know how she ended up losing one on the front and one on the back but admittedly it was very comical to watch her walk around...lol

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I so love this thread and Those Photo Bombs, hilarious!!! :lol: I was having a lousyday til I saw these pics! Thank you Scandinavian, Matata, Arcadian, Andelain!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Happy 2nd birthday to Atticus, my sweet wrecking ball. After he ate his salmon steak treat, he dragged his favorite sheet and toy into the shower. Cats are weird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0AIUhdqCvM

2_yrs_old_a.jpg

salmon_treat.jpg

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata|1455677465|3991886 said:
Happy 2nd birthday to Atticus, my sweet wrecking ball. After he ate his salmon steak treat, he dragged his favorite sheet and toy into the shower. Cats are weird.

Wow, your cats have me and my husband in awe of how amazing they look!!!! Beautiful!! :love:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

acano117|1455677978|3991890 said:
Wow, your cats have me and my husband in awe of how amazing they look!!!! Beautiful!! :love:

Thank you! They are outrageously spoiled and loved to bits.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian|1455664291|3991793 said:

She looks so pleased to be wearing booties :lol: I did that only once. Took her to the forest and for the life of me I don't know how she ended up losing one on the front and one on the back but admittedly it was very comical to watch her walk around...lol
Mine looks just the same inside when I put on all the gear ;-) But when we go outside she forgets everything! That's the advantage (and disadvantage) of a bird dog - she only thinks about running and finding birds :) Here, she is super happy because we are in a terrain with grouse. Not quite as happy with me though because I called her to come and take a picture :bigsmile: However, we have lost our fair share of booties. If the snow turns to ice around the velcro, I guess this makes it uncomfortable because then she pulls them off. I typically buy 20-40 at a time and keep a few spares in my pockets. Otherwise the snow just sticks to her paws too much and she starts biting at the snow lumps making it worse.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian|1454604073|3986822 said:
from her 6th birthday

5th Birthday

I love your dog :love: She looks a little like mine when I take her picture inside - ears back and big eyes - please cuddle me instead of taking these stupid pictures mommy :angel: How are you able to make her wear that hat? So totally adorable!! My setter girl would just eat it if I tried, hahaha Your dog looks so kind! You can almost see her big heart and soul through those big expressive eyes :) Please give her a hug from me also :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata|1455677465|3991886 said:

Haha Matata, yes cats are weird. But oh so darn lovable!!! Love your sweet babies. Gorgeous and full of personality. :love:

Happy birthday Atticus! And big hugs from my fur babies and me. (((HUGS))).

Scandinavian, thank you for the extra photos of your beautiful sweet dog! :love:
Love her red coat and green booties. Such a darling! More (((hugs))) coming her way!

I love all PSers sweet furbabies and thank you everyone for posting photos of them here. :love: :love: :love:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Scandinavian|1455694118|3991964 said:
Arcadian|1454604073|3986822 said:
from her 6th birthday

5th Birthday

I love your dog :love: She looks a little like mine when I take her picture inside - ears back and big eyes - please cuddle me instead of taking these stupid pictures mommy :angel: How are you able to make her wear that hat? So totally adorable!! My setter girl would just eat it if I tried, hahaha Your dog looks so kind! You can almost see her big heart and soul through those big expressive eyes :) Please give her a hug from me also :love:

I love setters, aside from being gorgeous, they have the most amazing energy! Do the same, your baby is gorgeous! Many of us get the pets that really reflect our personalities I think. Kinda preordained IMO.

She's very good with hats and clothes, not sure why considering she came straight from the track, but shoes are so not her thing! After losing the booties every year, I started using Musher's Secret. Its messy but really works to keep snow and ice balls from between the paws...but doesn't work so well on acorns!

Thankfully she can't be bothered going after my shoes. Too beneath her. She does other things to get back at me. Like poking me on the butt or the back of my neck with her cold wet nose at 3am....not for anything terribly important, just to adjust her blankets. Sometimes when we're sitting on the floor, she will sit there and just look at me with those pretty liquid big brown eyes. Then she leans in and next thing I know L-I-C-K from chin to hairline...ew :shock: :roll: :lol: She does this because she knows I hate that, and she laughs about it! My mom said thats not all dog in there...lol.

She also gives the most amazing stink-eye... :lol:

@matata I laughed so hard at your story! The shower? LOL

_36452.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

This is Cheese. Cheese is the latest stray we have picked up and is going to my parents house.

When I was getting my hair done a couple weeks ago, the woman was telling me about her mom--who takes care of the strays that come to her house, takes them to the vet, gets them fixed etc. They go thru cycles, I guess-her mom feeds some strays, they stay, she takes them to the vet, gets them their shots, fixed, healthy and gets them friendly, then he says no more, so she finds homes for them..and then gets another group of strays. She said her mom has four that are really friendly that she needs to find homes for. So, I said something to my dad and he said he and mom will take them when we get back from vacation! :appl:

untitled__32_.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results