shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a great question.

No that''s not their main diet-- and not their long term diet. They eat dry food. I only feed mine wet at night, and only about 2 tablespoons of it each.

Mine get most of their dietary needs filled by Innova EVO.

For yours.. if he''s eating some kitten dry-- and if you can have him eat some of that soaked in water... then keep him doing that. I was just suggesting the recipes as a suppliment.
2.gif

JenniferB

Shiny_Rock
Rainbow Trout,

I don''t know much about cats, (I''m a doggie person) - but your kitten and cat in your avatar are both very pretty kitties! I just wanted to say it shows a wonderful heart when someone adopts an abandoned animal. Your kitten is lucky to have found you and hopefully he/she will bring you some good fortune too!
35.gif

Jennifer

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
RT - what happened to the baby?? I don''t think I posted before, but its so wonderful of you to have taken this baby in and doing all you can to save him!!

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Update: these antibiotics have worked wonders! Kitty has gained 40 percent of his body weight in 3 DAYS, and is into *everything* now that he has energy. He''s even getting a little bit of flesh over his ribs and hips, yay.

Pic: when bad cats happen to good computers. He''s still tiny enough that he can sit on my keps without pressing any down!

catps.jpg

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
he doesnt even turn off the screensaver!

catps2.jpg

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
he also likes to chew toes and spring out of hiding at them, plus chase his ball until he accidentally whaps into the nearest solid object.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/15/2007 4:36:46 AM
Author: rainbowtrout
he doesnt even turn off the screensaver!
OMG !!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

He is the cutest, so glad he is doing well and kudos to you for caring for him RT!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GIMMEEE THAT KITTY BELLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOOOOOH I just want to eat him all up!! He is PRECIOUS!!! Well done rainbow, he''s a lucky little fella!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just want to hug it and kiss it and squish it in my arms!!! Kitty!!!
face23.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2007 4:34:25 AM
Author: rainbowtrout
Update: these antibiotics have worked wonders! Kitty has gained 40 percent of his body weight in 3 DAYS,
Bravo!!!!!!
36.gif

He''s so adorable...keep those pictures comin''!!
30.gif

widget

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Omigosh ... kittens ... I remember *KITTENS*! So sweet! Great news about the weight gain ...

36.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
those are so cute it hurts!
26.gif

good job rainbowtrout!
36.gif
36.gif

please keep us updated on how things are going
and of course....more pics!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww, I am loving these pics!!!! He''s too cute.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
He''s so cute, he''s off the scale of kitty cuteness
30.gif

Congratulations rt from another kitty lover!!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Awww...YAY!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif

Thanks for the update RT - so glad to hear the little guy is doing better. He truly is too cute for words
30.gif

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys! I have been sending pics to FI and Chen (cat in avatar) to convince them that MC is so cute we just have to keep him...it seems to be working slowly
31.gif

In all seriousness, FI and I are gone much of the day and when we have to work very long hours Chen gets a little neurotic and rejects us for a few days until things get better. SO I think a playmate would be very good for him.

He really is like a different kitten, and he seems to have this *thing* for laptop keyboards. Yesterday he kept shuffling between my keyboard and my mother's keyboards, and then lying down on it! Will have to start being more strict about that soon....

I'm a little sick the past few days, I'll post a pics update when he gets appreciably bigger :)

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
He is very, very cute and obviously he belongs with you...Good luck

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bump for RT - how is the baby doing?

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
M.C. is into everything but the kitchen sink! And he''s almost managed to jump into that--seriously! He learned to climb the spiral staircase, too....now if we''re upstairs and he isn''t he just hops right on up.

He weighs a whole 1.3 kg now, from 420 or so when I found him. The fleas are minimal (I bathe him 1x/week and pull off maybe 1 or 2). He got his first shots (goes back in a week for second round and first rabies shot). The worms seem to be mostly gone..I''m supposed to dose him every month for 3 days, for six months, due to how badly he was infested (!).

The ringworm has cleared up remarkably with 3x/day of tincture of iodine on his face...but it is still clinging on stubbornly in a tiny patch around his nose and chin. I know it can take a long time to kick so I am trying to be patient...but he HATES the alcohol on his face (you would too!). he also has what I''m praying is just a bite and not a new, tiny patch on his back. The vet can look at it next week, and tell me if his ear-scratching is just normal or if he has ear mites as well....I reallly hope not.

He''s up to the energy level of a normal kitten now (or possibly TWO normal American kittens, ONE feral African kitten??) and he''s displaying all the play agression one would expect it a kitty that was taken away from his littermates so soon. He''s slowly learning that biting our feet it not OK, and hands can only be bitten gently.

I think since I had to wean him so early he''s retained this habit of dry nursing--he find a warm fold in your shirt and sucks on it while kneading and, um, drooling??? I bet he''ll grow out of it.

For food, since I can''t always get it reliably, I had my friend who works for a vet check out a homemade diet for me (catnutrition.org, but cooked since the meat here isn''t that safe) and FI sent me the supplements. What a guy, sends you vitamins for your cat overseas.

catstairs.jpg

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
having a ride around the room.

catmom.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG - LOVE the new pic of him! Thanks so much for the update, it looks like he is doing great!
face23.gif

That second pic is hilarious!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH those little sleepy feets....
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
haha no problem, it''s great to have an excuse to spam people with cute pics of him! :razz: last one for now :)

catrugps.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spam away!
3.gif
You have got me all kitten broody now....
37.gif

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
OK, last one for real ;-)

he''s remarkably cuddly for a feral; he takes naps with me and regularly crawls up on my lap to sit for a half hour or so.

catrug2ps.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
RT you are doing such a great job - that little fluffball is adorable.
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, my, God. I just fell in love.
30.gif

Your kitten is soooo adorable, and I applaud you for taking him in and patiently nursing him back to health.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results