shape
carat
color
clarity

Live Idol Blog n Brownies 5/2/06

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Starset

Shiny_Rock
Anyone else''s cable signal mute and freeze during Paris'' performance. I was like oh no - that''s so not fair. But it was a quick recovery.

Starset

Shiny_Rock
Katherine better step it up to average a ''C'' for the night.

Chris is up - with the signature flame background. At least he doesn''t have any hair to catch fire.

I don''t know this song.

I don''t like when Chris sings something I don''t know.

This is precisely why I don''t vote for Chris. If he made an album I wouldn''t buy it because I don''t like the same style of music he likes.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not loving the Chris song either..he''s still HOT though..

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I liked Kat MUCH, MUCH better on that song. She picked a good song, different from her standby''s, somewhat unique for her and sounded good. I liked it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok what song was that?? Guess Chris did so well with the first song, this won''t matter. Katherine did a much better job on her second song.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Starset my TV froze too...I wondered if maybe that song just had some prophanity and maybe it got blocked?...dunno...I don't know the song.

So it wasn't Chris' best....but he's still hot, so I forgive him!
9.gif

Why was Katherine on the floor??? I think she did well, I liked the interaction with the musicians, just didn't get all the dancing on the floor thing.

Starset

Shiny_Rock
KATHERINE! WHY ARE YOU ON THE FLOOR???? GET UP! Wait you almost did and then you sat back down. GET UP! ARGH!

Oh great
20.gif
now she''s humping the floor like Kellie''s stripper moves. Gawd!

I would be all over this performance with praise because it was a fun/good/sexy vocal. It''s just I was distracted by her riding the stage!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooo, Taylor......so SEXY on this song
18.gif

Starset

Shiny_Rock
If there was a term like Parrotheads like Jimmy Buffet fans - that''s what I would be for the Beatles. And ''Something'' is one of my favorites.

I thought he did pretty good. I''m surprised he didn''t go with something ''legitimately'' contemporary.

He passed.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
oh...wow!!!!!!!!!!! he did look sexy!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Specially the look at the end! I loved it, he did great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris and Taylor get my votes!!!
Elliot might get a vot from me...
Katherine and Paris...sorry girls!
35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmm...who will go???

I think chris and Taylor both safe..Taylor saved himself with that sexy last song
30.gif

I think Kat will probably stay...leaving it up between Paris and Elliot
28.gif

My prediction to go.....hmmmm...Paris...sigh....could be Elliot but fans may pull him through another week...so Paris is my vote to go
28.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought Taylor did a great job with that Beatles song. Loved that.

Chris #1
Taylor#2
Elliot#3
Katherine#4
Paris#5

Paris will be the next to go...

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I''m with you 100% Kaleigh!!...
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2006 9:10:52 PM
Author: Mandarine
I''m with you 100% Kaleigh!!...
9.gif
Great minds think alike Mandarine, lets see if America is as smart as we are, hehe.
3.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Chris' first song was OK. The second song just assaulted my ears--bleh!! He ranked in at number 5 in my book. Katherine's first song--bad! Second song-great! I really liked Paris' version of "Kiss". Love, love, love Elliott!!
30.gif
I've already gotten through 12 times for him tonight. I agreed with Simon about Taylor. When he was singing his Beatles song I was thinking "dayum, Taylor can SING!" I'll really hate to see any of them go at this point.

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
OMG Katharine is a STRIPPER! I''m not ashamed to say I''ve been to a strip club or 2 in my time and I''ve seen those same exact moves... Without clothing.... Ewwww! I barely heard how she sang and had to go back and re-listen (it WAS good). Then Paula had to make reference to the "2 guys (she) chose to do it with" and then talk about Taylor''s "happy ending" Was my mind totally in the gutter or what??!!

Chris was hot. It''s all his fault. He could sing me anything.

31.gif
31.gif

jen

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
p.s. Mandarine and Kaleigh -- I agree with you both. I hope everyone else does too
36.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
12 times for Elliot!?...I better step up my texting for Chris!!!
31.gif

Jen - It really was a stripper dance!...she did sound good though..and looked great! I love her hair!!!

Come on Chris fans...let''s do some voting!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Don''t throw stuff ... especially not pies ... maybe brownies! BUUUUUUT ... I think I''m ready for this season to be over.

How anyone can think the top two aren''t gonna be CHRIS & TAYLOR - I don''t know! And now CHRIS has actually started to annoy me EVEN MORE than last week & gosh & lots of weeks. Hello? We can hear you. We have this crazy thing called "volume control" STOP SCREAMING AT ME YOU #$%&&&(((@@.

All I''m starting to see is what''s TERRIBLE about people (except Taylor - who can do no wrong in my book
9.gif
)

#1 - TAYLOR (of course) ... Loved the funky shirt/moves/collapse -- hilarious! And best of all - showed off that gravelly growl ... as the Beatles tune did too. Smooth. Balanced. Soulful. Supreme.

#2 - CHRIS (shoot me) ... The first song is the only reason why he rates this high. And I''m giving him extra credit for last week''s Spice. I wanted to kick my television set on "The Screaming Song". Chris, why are you so, so angry? Is the Honda service department making you come in on weekends? No? OKAY SHUT UP THEN.

Toss up for #3 #4 & #5

ELLIOTT - "On Broadway"? Are you KIDDING ME? Sound jazzy all you want, but you lost about a million cool points. Also - You''re no Michael Buble. My MEH-meter was at TILT.

PARIS - Almost, almost managed to sound contemporary. Guess what: still not buyin it! The outfits, the baby voice, the over-rehearsed in-song-sassiness -- Buhleuuuooouuuhhh-MEH-mitous!

KATHARINE - Would have been my #3 pick except for that completely screwing up her first song debacle. And her insipid "thank you" routine with the judges. Anyone else catch her saying "thank you" when the judges COMPLETMENTED THE DRUM PLAYERS. Umm ... earth to EGO ... that part: not about YOU! However, her second song had a unique, breezy charm - and sounded nice too. At least there''s that.

Going home? Oh man. Too close to call. I kinda think ELLIOTT. (ducks the dozen lemon pies aimed at my head). He sucked on BOTH songs. And he so pales to the other guys ...

Can''t we just declare TAYLOR the winner and start auditioning again??
6.gif
11.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine looks at the pie...thinks about it...hmmmm..."should I throw this pie?".....but decides to eat it instead!

Deco you are too funny...I hear you on the angry Chris thing...but for some reason I like it..hehe
31.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Oooo, that made me just put in 6 more votes for Elliott. He''s up to 25 from me now.
10.gif
And 5 for Paris just to keep it interesting around here!
9.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m in agreement that the top two will most likely be Taylor and Chris. Been thinking that for a while now...mainly because I love Taylor and his charisma, and because Chris has been the obvious star of the show to me since the top 12 were announced. I''m soooo not as excited about AI anymore though. I feel like this season has been rather blah. (It''s a good thing y''all ran out of lemon pies after throwing them all at Deco, lol!) Seriously, though...the last couple seasons I felt like I couldn''t get enough AI and this one I''ve been finding myself walking away from the t.v. after a few songs. I LIKE all the contestants, I just agree with Deco, I''m ready to call it a day already and let Taylor get settled into office, hee hee.

Deco, your post was hilarious!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
LMAO Deco, girl you crack me up. I couldn''t throw a pie at you cause me loves ya too much. I know you love your Taylor, we''ll see. Looking forward to Mara''s take on this tonight. But Paris is going home, that I am sure of.
9.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I''m just lurking and leaving ''cause it''s the west coast and it ain''t on yet!!!

But just had to add that Starset (see below) you need to get out of my brain!!!

Date: 5/2/2006 8:56:51 PM
Author: Starset
If there was a term like Parrotheads like Jimmy Buffet fans - that''s what I would be for the Beatles. And ''Something'' is one of my favorites.

Happy voting, guys!!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Alright...watched on Tivo delay...was out eating a fabu Italian dinner.

Elliot - Broadway. That was barftastic. Um, I don''t know how he could have picked a less hip song. And he didn''t sing it well. Second song, much better. Didn''t know the song, but thought he did a nice job.

Paris - Kiss by Prince? C''mon. I know you are like three years old....but do you have to rub my nose in it? Not really a singie song...more of a kitchie prince/tom jonesie song. didn''t do much for me. And the Mary? I''m not a big fan of hip hop, but Mary J. Blige has got some amazing pipes. An awesome voice. I know Mary, and you Paris, are no Mary. Didn''t care for it.

Chris - Okay, he is singing the song they play at Steeler games...and they show footage of various Steeler defenders CRUNCHING guys from the other teams. Thus, I love it already. Thought it was darn good. His voice sounded good, a little shakey kinda at times. Second song, gah, I ain''t never heard it before. Cause I''m so lame. Anyhoodle, didn''t puffy heart it. And I kind of agree with Simon...sounded like he was going to conk out there. Nonetheless, he is my total American Idol Boyfriend, thus I stand by him through good songs and bad. Til the finale do us part.

Kat - Ok, insight into childhood me, I LOVED against all odds by Phil Collins when I was younger. Taped it from the radio. Used to listen to it on my boombox all the time. That? SO NOT GOOD. Not in the same county as good. Second song - I totally loved it. All vibe and relaxed vocals. No glory notes, just good sing.

Taylor - First song...EEEEEEK. I did not puffy heart it. Made me feel embarassed for him. SOrry deco...Second song - also LOVE THE BEATLES. Thought his rendition was really nice. Showed his voice very well.

Paris, you gots to go. Or maybe Elliot.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay so all i have to say so far is that i have been redialing since 9:50 and it''s 10:25 now and i have only been able to get through 4 times for elliott.

i don''t know if that''s good or bad. i keep trying both #''s but they are totally always busy.

i loved his second song by the way....i thought he sounded BETTER than michael bubble or whatever his name is. i hate that song on the radio but elliott made it rock.

Ebree where are you?! are you dialing for elliott too? i''m worried!! i haven''t even had a chance to try for chris yet!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I gotta go to bed, but Mara keep dialing for Elliott. Now I am worried for him too. I saw his interviews on our local TV station and he seemd a bit worried as well. He said I am not ready to go home yet. Oh I hope he doesn''t go. I puffy heart him, a lot!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
#1. Chris...He can sing the ABC''s to me in that angry voice of his and I would still melt into a soggy little puddle! The second song wasn''t as good as the first, but I still enjoyed watching him all sexy and Johnny Cash man in black! I listen to a lot of that kind of music, so that makes me even more partiall! Voted 12 times!

#2. Taylor...Play that funky Music is one of my favorite songs to clean the house to, along with, Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting. He makes me smile everytime I watch him, and was surprisingly sexy on the second song! Voted 10 times!

#3 Elliot...The first song just didn''t do it for me! Loved the second song, although curiously not a fan of the radio version? I was hoping he would sing, You are Beautiful, by James Blunt.

#4 Paris...Mary J Blige is too much to live up to. and her outfit was hideous! Kiss is a Tom Jones song, although Prince does do it better!

#5 Katherine...Butchered the first song big time and that dress was nasty! Ick ick ick, it almost made me cry like her dad! Second song was probably good, but all I could think was, Katherine is a DIRTY PIRATE HOOKER...and with her father in the audience, shameful! I don''t want to see her panties, her panty lines, or her rubbing herself on the floor ever again. But, I bet a lot of guys vote for her tonight, because she is gorgeous!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hubby sent me things we shouldn''t care about link this morning.

There was this little tidbit about AI and I had to post it for those who feel the same about miss. kat, christ and elliot
2.gif

Idol Chatter

Once again, Paula Abdul''s well being is called into question after several emotional outbursts on the show. This is the kind of stuff that is dominating the tabloids when it comes to the most-watched reality show of all time?

Please! Who cares? Just let the kids sing. And as much as I like Katharine McPhee''s voice, there''s something about her faux humility that I just can''t vote for. The way she wince-smiles as if to say "Oh I don''t deserve your support," comes across to me as, "Oh little people, you don''t know how lucky you are. Love me? Of course you do, you''re only human."

I''ll take Chris Daughtry or Elliott Yamin any day of the week.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I thought last night was pretty good.

In the order they appeared.

1. Elliott: Broadway: It was kind of all over the place but I really really like Elliott. He doesn''t make excuses for himself. He is genuine. He is humble. He is sweet. And he can sing very very well. The song was kind of boring and it wasn''t his best but it was still pretty good. -- Home. He sounded way better than Michael Buble! He sounded freakin'' awesome on this song. I love this song and I loved him singing it. It was awesome!!!!!

2. Paris: Can I tell you how annoyed I am at the nickname Princess P!!!! Golly!!! I know its not nice but everytime i hear her little voice say Thank You Ryan, Thank You Paula.. I just want to punch her lights out. Anyhoodle. I hated both of her songs. They were both screetchy and annoying to me. She''s my pick to go.

3. Chris: Chris IS SEXY AS HELL. ... But... ok... his first song he did good. It was lower. His second song was a COMPLETE AND UTTER DISASTER. The fact of the matter is that he CAN sing that song...but the problem is that he has no idea how to use his voice.. and that is gonna hurt him in the long run. David Foster gave him some good advice last week. He used it for one week and forgot it the next. If he wants to be successful he''s gonna have to work on it.

4. Katharine. Her first song was a little off. Her second song was amazing. Now this girl knows how to use her instrument. But, she lacks humility. She''s not humble.

5. Taylor: I loved everything about Taylor last night. I love how unapologetic he is about who he is. I loved his first performance and his second performance just sealed the deal for me. There is a charisma about Taylor that is undeniable. I love him.

Paris is my pick to go.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results