shape
carat
color
clarity

It''s Official: San Francisco GTG. Saturday, July 21, at 10:30!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2007 9:14:58 PM
Author: asscher_girl
Snlee''s pics will be better, my camera isn''t the greatest, but they will do for now. Oh and I don''t know who''s hands are in most of these shots. Except Snlee''s - her hands are so tiny. I have finger envy, LOL

This is Art Nouveau''s beauty. Can''t remember the details

Pad sapphire in a custom Beaudry setting that has gorgeous scroll work on the sides and undercarriage.

Amber''s mom''s ring is a GORGEOUS fireball antique cut (I want to say Old European).

And Widget''s three stone had the most STUNNING blue color I have seen in a sapphire. Just glowed with cornflower light. So amazing.

2.gif

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Widget''s Leon again on ring finger
AmberGretchen''s rings on middle (both of them)
Widget''s Leon Asscher - BEAUTIFUL
30.gif
(can that be my next upgrade?
2.gif
) on index finger

ps gtg 4.jpg

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Widget''s amazing Asscher on my finger (it really fits me huh?) LOL I hope the next 5 yrs go by fast, I''m ready for the next upgrade. hehe

ps gtg 5.jpg

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
profile of Widget''s Leon. It is so flat, I love that.

ps gtg 6.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2007 9:16:32 PM
Neatfreak''s ritani on my pinky

We went to Tiffany to check out the Nuevo and compare. And honestly? Neatfreak''s cushion was brighter and lovelier... and the Ritani is so MUCH nicer from the side (and just as nice from the top)than the Neuvo from the side.

While we were there we all tried on a 2.5 ish carat Lucida ( F IF ) in a new setting they''ve rolled out for the Lucida (my favorite of all of them) which is the Lucida in a tiffany classic three stone baguette setting. Looked amazing.

All the people in Tiffany were very nice although we did have to catch their eye... they didn''t just jump to attention and offer to help us right away. The lady that helped us with the Lucida got a kick out of us... and like EVERYONE fell head over heals in love with Amber''s grandmother''s star ruby art deco from Gumps. That sucker is stunning!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2007 9:19:47 PM
Widget''s Leon again on ring finger

AmberGretchen''s rings on middle (both of them)

Widget''s Leon Asscher - BEAUTIFUL
30.gif
(can that be my next upgrade?
2.gif
) on index finger

My fingers look like fat sausages there. LOL. My hand was VERY VERY happy at that moment though. It liked having all those gorgeous rings on it!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
And here is a hand full. There were more rings elsewhere and hopefully Snlee got more pics than I did.

Hopefully I can remember everyone''s

Index finger - from beginning of finger to tip:
Gypsy''s Asscher
Widget''s Asscher
AmberGretchen''s OMC or OEC - can''t remember
AmberGretchen''s pink star sapphire (is that what it''s called?)

Middle finger - from beginning to tip:
Neatfreak''s cushion Ritani and matching band
Art Nouveau - Beaudry Pad sapp.
Widget''s Leon blue sapp.
AmberGretchen''s round e-ring and w-band

Ring finger - from beginning to tip:
Snlee''s round e-ring and w-band
Asscher_girl''s Asscher
Beacon''s round e-ring
Art Nouvau''s Radiant (think it''s a Beaudry but can''t remember)

ps gtg 7.jpg

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
And the mother of all..... 10 carat round! It was really warm in color. EGL graded, I think it was a J or K but it really showed. This pic is on Beacon''s hand with her 2.50''ish (can''t remember) for comparision.

ps gtg 8.jpg

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous pics!!!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
and the mac daddy on Snlee''s 3.5 size finger!

I can''t remember the name of this store but they were super sweet and I was so happy they let us take pictures
36.gif

ps gtg 9.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh the pictures are fabulous gals!!

was the 10c at fabrizzis or whatever that store is that i recommended? if so, that was on my paw just last weekend...heehe. did you like the SI grading, wow you could see so much stuff going on in there and it was a J! mine looked like a D next to it. but yeah fun to try on ..!! they also had AMAZING big bling in the windows as well if you saw it.

so glad to hear you all had a great time, LOVE the massive bling shot. ag you have tiny hands like luckyhonu!

if south bay is the area next time, it would be fab!...SF takes a ton of planning especially in the middle of a busy summer! so glad you gals pulled it off..and yes isn't widget's 3 stone just divine in person?!?! loved it....i want one when i grow up as well!

oh and i have to ask..did anyone have the fruit plate with yogurt at grand cafe? LOVED IT last weekend...seriously divine, it made me daydream about fruit drizzled with yogurt and honey all wkd. i also had the salmon and caviar dish though i just ate the salmon and caviar part as the egg mix was too rich, and i tried the cheese croquettes as well as they were ordered for the table. did you guys like the food?

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I personally didn''t like that round - the size I liked but not the stone. Give me a 10 carat ACA from WF or GOG any day! LOL

Here is another ring from the same place. I think this was a 5 ct Emerald cut. The side emerald cuts were a total of around 1.5 or 2.0 ctw (i think)

Also on Snlee''s hand - she''s the hand model w/ those teeny tiny fingers

ps gtg 10.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2007 9:37:53 PM
and the mac daddy on Snlee''s 3.5 size finger!

I can''t remember the name of this store but they were super sweet and I was so happy they let us take pictures
36.gif

Started with an F? The store? Right on the square.

All the vendors were wonderful (except one guy at Syminoff who insulted my asscher)--

Cartier was IMO the most fabulous. They had SO MANY lovely lovely things, and were just fabulous about us passing 200K ruby rings around between us (no special secret room required as in TIffany)... They had a stunning east west EC that I''ll let NF tell ya all about as she fell head over heels with it (Everyone loved it too)... and the N/S EC that looked FABULOUS on Ambers hand. And the necklace and rollling rings Asscher Girl tried on... everything from bling to bags were handed to us with a smile and genuine interest in making our experience a memorable and great one.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
So exciting to see the pictures start to come up! I hope we got one of Art Nouveau's totally unique tourmaline. Extraordinary ring. (It is a tourmaline, right? - I hope I didn't remember it incorrectly.) Widget's multi EC bracelet was as elegant as a Rolls Royce. Amazing!

We also did an after luncheon shopping stroll which included Ferragamo and Louis Vuitton boutiques on Union Square. From there we headed to Felicci and Co jewelers where the salespeople were very helpful and showed us an 11 ct RB as well as a 3 stone emerald cut featuring a 5 ct center and 1.5ct each side stones, all ECs. The RB was startlingly huge and a bit off color. J rating per EGL, but it looked a little yellow. Still, it was a monster, made my stone look like a dot!

Oh I see the pictures are up above my post. That huge round is the 11carater.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
I wish that was my hand Mara! haha. That was snlee''s. We had a blast! We even went handbag shopping too. At S. Ferragamo''s (sp?) and LV.

The food was great too! I don''t think anyone had what you mentioned but everything was wonderful. And it wasn''t busy so we had lots of fun passing our bling around the table!

Yep that big ol'' honker was from that place. It wasn''t a great stone but they had their share of large bling.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2007 9:40:11 PM
Author: Mara

was the 10c at fabrizzis or whatever that store is that i recommended? if so, that was on my paw just last weekend...heehe. did you like the SI grading, wow you could see so much stuff going on in there and it was a J! mine looked like a D next to it. but yeah fun to try on ..!! they also had AMAZING big bling in the windows as well if you saw it.

so glad to hear you all had a great time, LOVE the massive bling shot. ag you have tiny hands like luckyhonu!

if south bay is the area next time, it would be fab!...SF takes a ton of planning especially in the middle of a busy summer! so glad you gals pulled it off..and yes isn't widget's 3 stone just divine in person?!?! loved it....i want one when i grow up as well!

oh and i have to ask..did anyone have the fruit plate with yogurt at grand cafe? LOVED IT last weekend...seriously divine, it made me daydream about fruit drizzled with yogurt and honey all wkd. i also had the salmon and caviar dish though i just ate the salmon and caviar part as the egg mix was too rich, and i tried the cheese croquettes as well as they were ordered for the table. did you guys like the food?

Mara we missed you.

TOTALLY HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD with the restaurant. Great food, quiet, upscale atmosphere, great bling lighting and totally totally fabulous. Amber had these apple butter crepes that were DIVINE, three of us a wonderful Nicose salads. Two people (Beacon and AN) had sandwiches and Asscher girl had a salad with chicken that looked really yummy!!

Thanks for the recommendation!!

Beacon... I know snlee got a few pics of that tourmaline I WANT.
11.gif
It was SO SO SO stunning (and such a great deal in comparison to another ring we saw with a similar but MUCH smaller tourmaline). I told AN about three times that she's lucky she got that one back. Once it was on my hand I was severely disinclined to give that puppy up!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
That''s all the pics I got, but I know Snlee took a ton.

Beacon - that was 11 cts? Wow. It was crazy big! I loved the handbag shopping too. Beacon, if you buy the neverful please post some pics. Hopefully I can talk FI into one for x-mas. I have no idea which one I want though. I still really like the speedy. Maybe I''ll get the speedy in the classic pattern/color. That Ferragamo metallic one was pretty hot too.

Gypsy - a south bay gtg sounds great. Let''s do another one soon. Maybe Santana/Valley Fair

Beacon

Ideal_Rock

I looked at that one with my loupe. Actually I think it was properly graded as SI1, certainly considering it's huge size. There were inclusions and feathers, but it wasn't horrible. It wasn't eye visible to me. If you take a look at the hand shot where it is on the finger along with another RB, that is my D colored stone - so you can compare the color. I think J was not quite right - more like L!
21.gif

Yes Mara - PERFECT restaurant choice. It was large enough and quiet enough that our crazy group didn't draw too much attention. The server asked if we worked at Tiffany's and I told her our rings were imitations! But I don't think she believed it.
9.gif

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Mara you''ll totally have to do the next South Bay GTG w/ us!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2007 9:50:51 PM
Author: Beacon

I looked at that one with my loupe. Actually I think it was properly graded as SI1, certainly considering it's huge size. There were inclusions and feathers, but it wasn't horrible. It wasn't eye visible to me. If you take a look at the hand shot where it is on the finger along with another RB, that is my D colored stone - so you can compare the color. I think J was not quite right - more like L!
21.gif

(GREAT PICS ASSCHER GIRL, THANK YOU!!!)

Beacon... we saw ANTIQUE cut K and L's at Langs that showed less warmth than that puppy did. I've got to agree that I think that Lab was soft of color. L or N is my vote.

Who was the cert on the 5 carat EC three stone by? Cause that was a G center with J sides-- and the sides were NOT that warm in comparison. Next to the headlight they were WHITE.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure who the cert was on the 5 ct emerald cut, but it was pretty white looking. Yep, that 11 ct honker was pretty warm/yellow

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowers!!! Gorgeous rings lady's!!! How fun
3.gif
3.gif
Looks like you had a FAB time!
36.gif
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ha ha! Great pics, and it sounds like you had a blast!

Thanks for the eyecandy. Can''t wait for snlee''s pics!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh the pics are just great. all of the rings are just so gorgeous...

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Yay!! Picture already
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

It was so fun hanging out with you all today and seeing everyone''s gorgeous rings. They were all so beautiful, and it was so awesome meeting everyone. I think my favorite stop of the day was Lang''s - such amazing antique pieces
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I can''t wait to see snlee''s pics - I know there were a lot!

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Hi Ladies ( Gypsy, Widget, AmberGretchen, Neatfreak, Art Nouveau, Snlee, Asscher_girl, Beacon),

I just wanted let you know that I am glad you had a wonderful and safe GTG.

Andrey
PS Admin

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2007 10:03:32 PM
Author: Skippy123
Wowers!!! Gorgeous rings lady''s!!! How fun
3.gif
3.gif
Looks like you had a FAB time!
36.gif
36.gif
Your bling is beautiful!!! I love how well cut everyone''s stones are; you guys blow that 10 carat round away!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! It was great meeting/seeing you all! We had such a great time!

I just came home so I need to upload and size the pictures. I took a ton of pictures so I will post lots soon!

Stay tuned!
9.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
A big THANKS to everyone who made today so much fun!

Oh and that E/W Emerald Gypsy mentioned? I was SWOONING. It was a 2.65 carat gorgeously cut emerald cut diamond with two step cut half moons on the ends. COMPLETE finger coverage perfection. No pictures that I can find yet...but man was that baby gorgeous!

Everyone''s bling was so fantastic, my little ring is so jealous!
30.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Art Nouveau's gorgeous pad sapphire ring on my finger

aIMG_3815.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results