shape
carat
color
clarity

How Do You Get Used To a Big Ring?

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I'm going to go all Nike on you. Just do it.

Remember the timeless rule of wearing diamonds: "The more I wear thou, the faster thou shalt shrink!"

And if you really can't get used to it, I'll get used to it for you! Send it over here and I'll break it in for you! It's one of the most beautiful rings I've ever seen. It makes me :twirl: Seriously, you can't leave that beauty in the box, man!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore your new ring. I love to see your avatar. I'm convinced if I had one the same size and setting, that I'd rock it all the time.

But back to reality, I don't wear my 1.77 RB at all. It sits in the safe. I see it a couple of times a year, wear it for maybe an hour or two, and that's it. Instead, I wear a .76 RB in an etoile inspired setting almost all the time. This one I bought AFTER the larger one. Go figure. I can't get past the feeling that I'm going to lose a stone in the setting or something. I may as well sell it, but losing money isn't fun either. I don't have answers. This doesn't seem worthy of therapy though. :wink2:

Zizzy

Shiny_Rock
I often rationalise purchases on a per day basis + pleasure/ cost. So my ring was the price of a nice car BUT if I wear it every day and get pleasure from it scores of times in a day for the rest of my probable life span, then the daily cost is a steal! With that mindset, things are for using/wearing. That said, I was more precious with my e-ring when I first got it, - I hate it being at all dirty or greasy, so after a couple of months, I made myself start sleeping in it. I take it off to shower and do messy, dirty jobs, but otherwise it stays on. I'll be wearing it on the beach on honeymoon!

You can get used to it, and then wearing it will be second nature.

_31519.jpg

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Good question! I have a "small" ring - 3/4ct AVC. But even though it's low set, the tall crown still clonks on all sorts of things and I'm too anxious to wear it most of the time (I even have nightmares about cracking my stone).

I think the solution for me is going to be eventually going with a safely bezeled RB - flatter and safer. Something more life-proof. Right now I'm rocking a teeny set of silver bands with a bezel-set diamond.

Wear what feel comfortable for daily life and rock the big girls on special occasions.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my bigger rings occasionally for glitzier events, and they do feel a bit odd as my day to day rings are smaller and more subtle. However, that only lasts for about 10min.

DK :))

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not have a large solitaire but I do have a 5ct asscher eternity that I've been wearing non stop since my anniversary. I figure if I accidentally damage it the worst I would do is damage one or two stones so I try not to stress and just wear the hell out of it. Of course I don't wear it when I'm home or doing anything that would clearly damage it but I wear it any time other than that. It's currently in a shared prong setting that I eventually plan on having reset by CVB into something more unique and protective of the stones. Your setting seems pretty secure and protective of the stone. What's the worst that could happen? Wear and enjoy!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with wearing it as long as it is insured! I normally wear mine daily. It took me a long time to adjust to the size stone I have now. I still think maybe I'll go down in size just because I don't really care about wearing a larger stone most of the time.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I don't know. Give me some and I'll get back to you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha I was just thinking the other day I could go bigger. I think my ring felt big for about a minute and then it seemed the perfect size. Nowadays though I could easily wear something even bigger. Oh well too bad my pocketbook cannot handle something bigger. :cheeky:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Imdanny|1435482788|3895610 said:
I don't know. Give me some and I'll get back to you.

Danny! So good to see you! :wavey: How are you? Big smooches to you, it's been a long time! How are you and your SO? Finally resolve the landlord situation?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover|1435434251|3895338 said:
I do not have a large solitaire but I do have a 5ct asscher eternity that I've been wearing non stop since my anniversary. I figure if I accidentally damage it the worst I would do is damage one or two stones so I try not to stress and just wear the hell out of it. Of course I don't wear it when I'm home or doing anything that would clearly damage it but I wear it any time other than that. It's currently in a shared prong setting that I eventually plan on having reset by CVB into something more unique and protective of the stones. Your setting seems pretty secure and protective of the stone. What's the worst that could happen? Wear and enjoy!

Is there a thread for this eternity? I looooooove asschers! :love: :love:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Thank you guys, you are so sweet! Pretend these are smooches :whistle: for you all.

Lyra, I think you should wear it more, I have to say. But I totally understand, I'm with ya there.

Zizzy, gorgeous! Quite a beauty! :appl:

Missy, if you go any bigger, you won't be able to lift your hand! :shock: :D

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Hi, iLander! Let's not talk about me! I want to see your thread dedicated to your beautiful new ring! :clap:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I've added it to the eternity thread, I never did my own thread BC it still doesn't feel like mine, lol. I'll probably do one a few years down the line when I eventually reset.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results