shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you feel about stick figure family car stickers?

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah except for the stick figures that are for humor, don't really care for them.
The funniest one I saw, was stickers of Dad, Mom, two kids - with the Dad sticker scraped off roughly. Bad divorce?

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just about drove off the road when I saw this one:

SHE HAS A VACUUM. Because she's a great... housekeeper? Everything about this just makes me really angry. In general, I do not like the family ones either but this just took the cake for me.

_18795.jpg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
liaerfbv|1401482898|3683418 said:

SHE HAS A VACUUM. Because she's a great... housekeeper? Everything about this just makes me really angry. In general, I do not like the family ones either but this just took the cake for me.

barf.

NTave

Shiny_Rock
I think they are cute too..but I understand that they are being used to identify people for attacks especially on kids..so I wont put them on my car. I feel the same about the football stickers/cheer/gymnastics/swim stickers with kids names on them..or even college stickers for that matter. There is nothing on my car that sets me apart from every other person on the road. But they ARE adorable.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like this one.

mw0_xujnwt0hhpamvnqbudq.jpg

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1401472113|3683247 said:
Loved this one.

ETA: there have been some really cute personalized family stickers. Those I don't mind. It just seems silly to have a generic tally of how many in your family.

Yes but I don't want anyone to know how many or what I have! :lol:

I don't like stickers on my car but I do have a Navy magnet and a two blue star flag magnet on the back of my car. Right next to my Support Our Troops license plate.

_18797.jpg

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I don't like stickers on my car per se, but I don't mind the "family" tally type of stickers on other people's cars. It does not bother me if they want to show off their brood. I especially different symbols, like the flip flop one below. I think it's cute, especially here in Cali, everyone wears flip flips all the time!

flip_flop.png

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd do the gun one. I have a Browning firearms deer sticker and a Trapper's Association on my back window. Like smallish decals.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Maria D|1401486245|3683447 said:
I like this one.

Lordy, I love that one! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I always thought they were TMI and kinda dangerous for kid's safety.

But then I am kind of envious of people that can be that happy and cheerful, and outgoing about their lives.

I'm kind of bitter about the state of the world, so it's hard for me be that outgoing and trusting. :sick:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
part gypsy|1401483272|3683424 said:

barf.

Maybe she works as a housecleaner. Maybe she is not shamed by that job, and in fact, is proud of her profession ;))

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1401491366|3683484 said:

barf.

Maybe she works as a housecleaner. Maybe she is not shamed by that job, and in fact, is proud of her profession ;))

Maybe she is. I hope so. I personally don't want to be defined in that way.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate them. I saw a bumper sticker that said, "no ones cares about your stupid stick figure family". I am not a fan of stickers in general but I do have two. One is a fire sticker, put there to hopefully get me out of speeding tickets. Didn't work, but DH is still hopeful, and a eagle that is a football sticker from my kids team. Just an eagle no words. We are buying two new cars as soon as the 2015's come out and then I won't have any! None of our other cars have any stickers at all.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Are car stickers/stick characters some sort of culture? I had NO idea! :read:

I must admit I've never paid attention--now I will be looking!

cheers--Sharon

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have them and I generally pay them out but when I am having a bad day and stuck in traffic and someone has a really witty or funny one or ones then that is when they are cool :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1401491366|3683484 said:

barf.

I wanna vacuum cleaner one.
I love to vacuum, iron and bake in the kitchen (barefoot) too.

I have no problem being defined by housework, if that's how some viewer wants to interpret it.
I know who I am.

... a stick figure put on glass 'defines' a person? :rolleyes:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I hate most of them, except these zombiestickfigures.jpg

I have stickers on my car - representing bands I like (including DH's band),and some places I've been. I think it's interesting to read the bumper stickers on cars, but the stick figure things really annoy me.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
momhappy|1401474714|3683288 said:
What does it matter to the rest of the world if little Timmy plays soccer, Susie does ballet and let's not forget about baby Jack and the family dog…. It just seems like an odd thing to share with a bunch of complete strangers every time you drive your car around.

I'm continually amazed at the vast amount of over sharing on literally everything these days. I can't yet tell if it's just extreme narcissism or an extreme need for validation, but a little less sharing would be a welcome thing, I think.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I have a little pink decal that has a woman swimming, biking, and running. I also have a 13.1 decal as well. I personally hate the family stick ones, but to each his own. I like the ones that say "my kid beat up your honor student", I know it is not nice but it cracks me up.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
iLander|1401488021|3683465 said:
Maria D|1401486245|3683447 said:
I like this one.

Lordy, I love that one! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Me too! That's awesome. Personally, I find them obnoxious for many of the same reasons already posted. They seem braggy to me. Of course, I often feel the same way about FB. People use both the stickers and FB as a way to show the works how great they are and how fantastic their lives are. Me thinks someone doth protest too much if you kwim??

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
aljdewey|1401503491|3683598 said:
momhappy|1401474714|3683288 said:
What does it matter to the rest of the world if little Timmy plays soccer, Susie does ballet and let's not forget about baby Jack and the family dog…. It just seems like an odd thing to share with a bunch of complete strangers every time you drive your car around.

I'm continually amazed at the vast amount of over sharing on literally everything these days. I can't yet tell if it's just extreme narcissism or an extreme need for validation, but a little less sharing would be a welcome thing, I think.

Maybe that's what it is for me too - it's the oversharing that I don't understand. Most of us have families of some sort, hobbies/interests, maybe pets…. but I don't care to share any of that with complete strangers and I don't know what it is that motivates others to do so? I don't find the stickers offensive, but I also don't find them "cute" in any way.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
kenny|1401500739|3683578 said:
I wanna vacuum cleaner one.
I love to vacuum, iron and bake in the kitchen (barefoot) too.

I have no problem being defined by housework, if that's how some viewer wants to interpret it.
I know who I am.

... a stick figure put on glass 'defines' a person? :rolleyes:

I started to type a whole novel about feminism and traditional family roles and how we define ourselves, but in the end -- all that matters is I found the sticker distasteful and it's not a choice I would make for myself or my car. You're welcome to embrace the vacuum sticker. People vary. :)

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I've laughed at or appreciated exactly two family stickers. One was ridiculously inappropriate and labelled with, "Making my family," and the other had their whole back window covered with cat and dog decals, along with a bumper sticker for an animal rescue fostering organisation. A kindred spirit. :))

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
justginger|1401546412|3683773 said:
I've laughed at or appreciated exactly two family stickers. One was ridiculously inappropriate and labelled with, "Making my family," and the other had their whole back window covered with cat and dog decals, along with a bumper sticker for an animal rescue fostering organisation. A kindred spirit. :))

I saw two stickers arranged along the same vein, but no label - horizontal stick man above horizontal stick woman. In light of all the other proper family stickers I'd seen, this made me laugh. Well, to clarify, I interpreted it as sex, not violence.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've always read the stick figure families as saying, "See, we really need this ridiculously oversized vehicle."

As I recall, the "Baby on Board" stickers hit about the time carjackings were prevalent, or at least getting a lot of publicity, so I've always read them as a silent plea/warning to would-be carjackers.

I guess I tend to read negative stuff into auto decals. :wink2:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1401549150|3683787 said:
I've always read the stick figure families as saying, "See, we really need this ridiculously oversized vehicle."

As I recall, the "Baby on Board" stickers hit about the time carjackings were prevalent, or at least getting a lot of publicity, so I've always read them as a silent plea/warning to would-be carjackers.

I guess I tend to read negative stuff into auto decals. :wink2:

Ha! Yeah. Like how often do you ever see those things on actual cars? Almost always on the tinted back window of some bloated status vehicle.

The first one I ever saw was kinda cute. The 1000 sets of them since then? Trite. Boring.

The only bumper stickers I ever had on any car I've owned (20 years ago at least), were ones that said "Visualize Whirled Peas", and "Question Authority". I really wanted (but never got) the ones that said "Visualize....using your turn signal", and "My god can beat up your god", both of which I found quite amusing, but considering where I live, the latter one would likely have gotten my car vandalized. People around here sport a profound lack of a sense of humor when it comes to religion: our legislators pass laws that ensure that we are protected from Sharia law creeping into the state courts and from fetuses cropping up in our food. :rolleyes:

As I said, my cars are just cars these days. My youthful indiscretion of crapping up the rear end of my car with verbiage, is behind me now.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a Metallica sticker and one that said "I'm a Silver Hooker" b/c we used to vacation at a resort in MN called Silver Hook. On my '76 Valiant back in '92 when I was 17. My cousin had an old beater car that she used to paint ferrets on, and had all kinds of "Support your local ferret clubs and shelters" stickers on.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
justginger|1401546412|3683773 said:

That's hysterical.

The "regular" ones don't bug me too much...but I don't necessarily like them, either...

I LOVE to hear that some people just put themselves on it...I'd love to see more people putting just a couple with like a cat, or a dog. Those are FAMILIES too, even without children.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
packrat|1401568501|3683946 said:
I had a Metallica sticker and one that said "I'm a Silver Hooker" b/c we used to vacation at a resort in MN called Silver Hook. On my '76 Valiant back in '92 when I was 17. My cousin had an old beater car that she used to paint ferrets on, and had all kinds of "Support your local ferret clubs and shelters" stickers on.

:lol: :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results