shape
carat
color
clarity

Ginger PSers unite!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Musey, your hair is gorgeous! I have long wavy hair with a blonde highlights. I naturally have darkish brown hair with a touch of red. I''ve always wanted to dye my hair auburn, but my mom dyes her hair that color..

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
I think red hair can look absolutely stunning- pair that with porcelain skin and piercing green eyes and viola! Instant beauty!

Me personally, I was born a strawberry blonde, but as I grew older it turned to platinum blonde, then slowly started to darken. In the summer, the sun really brings out the warm gold color, but in the winter its a pretty boring dirty-blonde color. I did try to lighten my hair a few years ago so it wouldn''t look so dark in the winter as I have very pale skin and bright blue eyes. My hair turned auburn!! It brought out all of the warmth of the strawberry blonde I used to be. It was gorgeous and I miss it. The color faded out relatively quickly, from auburn to strawberry blonde then back to blonde by summer. *sigh*

As for guys, I did have a friend back in high school who had the most gorgeous red hair- pin straight and silky. It suited him very well. He had a very sweet expression, the cutest dimples and freckles. And man-oh-man his eyes!! Beautifully icy blue. Actually, now that I think of it, other than FI, he''s probably one of the most attractive people I''ve ever met.

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Hands up to being a redhead too! Mine is getting lighter as I get older so is now a really rich strawberry red, with loads of different colours in it in the sunshine. Gingers are somewhat villified here in the UK, with some people claiming it to be the last acceptable form of prejudice. There is a not very nice phrase ''Ginger Minger'' which means red hair equals being ugly
8.gif
I think it is harder for men to have red hair than women, because women can disguise the more negative aspects, in my case white blonde, non existent eyelashes. I did get teased as a child, but I am stereotypically feisty and only generally got it once
27.gif
. I love my hair now, I am not going grey, just slightly paler, and people always remember you, for good or bad. The negative for me is the sun sensitive skin and the masses of freckles in the Summer. I spend a lot of time outdoors with dogs and horses and despite sunscreen still get freckles. I am also terrified of skin cancer having burnt many times as a child.

I have lost count of the number of men who have told me how desirable they think red haired women are. Those who like it, really like it, but it creeps you out when you are a 13 year old schoolgirl and the man in question is your teacher!

I keep mine long ( much to my mothers disgust who thinks women in their mid forties shouldn''t have long hair
33.gif
) and get loads of compliments about it, plus it takes their eyes off the rest of me which isn''t too impressive in my opinion. One very nice (gay) man only calls me by the name beautiful hair lady!

I understand the UK was originally inhabited by Southern Europeans who had red hair and are responsible for the Celtish red haired people now. From what I understand also to produce a red haired baby both parents have to carry the red haired gene. Neither of my brothers'' daughters has red hair and only one of my cousins children, out of like dozens.

Hurrah for the reds!

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/23/2009 7:10:34 PM
Author: musey
Another wimpy-redhead here
35.gif
mine is a dark strawberry-blonde, some people call it blonde, some brown, some red. It''s RED in bright sun, more light brown in fluorescent lighting. My hair is weird. I get more compliments on my hair than anything else. It helps that it''s VERY long, too.

I do have a lot of freckles, but they''re pinprick so verrrrry tiny. Very pale. Green eyes.

No Irish in me (that we know of), mostly scottish and a bunch of other stuff.

n3402871_39361743_460.jpg
Musey apart from the fact you are like 50 pounds lighter than me, that could be a back photo of me!

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Apologies about the third post in a row, but a question for you red haired girls out there - could you ever be attracted a ginger man? I know for me that would feel like incest because I have a ginger brother, but I think that is peculiar to red heads, brunettes and blondes don''t have the same issues I don''t think. I once read an article about it and thought - that is me!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I don't see as many red/ginger haired men so it's hard to say. I do think Prince Harry is a cutie, LOL (I'm not quite old enough to be his mum, it feels weird to say that about a young kid, but he is cute!)... And there are maybe 2 ginger guys I have met that are attractive, (but I prefer my DH's coloring, the 'other' Irish combo, dark hair, blue eyes and creamy skin)! :)

There is a red haired couple at our church, she has darker red, very curly hair and he has lighter red, he is handsome actually, now that I think about it, LOL and they have a 2 year old son with gorgeous dark red hair...so red heads marrying does happen, but I have to admit, before I met them and knew they were a 'couple' I thought they were siblings! They even have similar high cheekbones!

And Samantha, sounds like our mothers are cut from the same cloth... I am turning 42, but had grown my hair longer in my late 30's. It was LONG when I turned 40 and my mother was 'on me' about cutting it, every time she saw me! I did cut it quite a bit, about 6 months ago, now it's at my shoulders. I like this length, still 'long enough' but not too long to drag me down. - AND we also have brothers with red hair! :) We should 'talk' - LOL! - I am in the US, but my grandparents are from England...my Great-Grandfather was the red-head and where my brother and I get ours from.

I didn't realize 'gingers' were looked down upon in the UK? Hmmm...interesting. Seems red hair has really taken off in the US in the last several years. I wish it had been that way when I was a kid!!

Also, once in a while, if I feel my hair is losing it's edge (I don't like to be too light), I'll use some golden henna and it does the trick. I don't do a full on henna treatment, I just add the powder to my shampoo and leave it on longer...gives it a little boost. Some shampoos that say they 'highlight' hair actually fade my natural color out! I have to be careful to get the right kinds of shampoo that won't do that.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 3:39:52 AM
Author: Samantha Red
Apologies about the third post in a row, but a question for you red haired girls out there - could you ever be attracted a ginger man? I know for me that would feel like incest because I have a ginger brother, but I think that is peculiar to red heads, brunettes and blondes don''t have the same issues I don''t think. I once read an article about it and thought - that is me!
To me a good looking guy is good looking, with or without red hair. I have met a couple of red headed guys in my life who I thought were verry attractive, and the hair colour was part of the charm. I think some people are really mean to ginger guys, I know gnger women get a bit of sh!# about it but ginger guys have it bad and it''s not nessesary, there''s nothing wrong or unnatractive about it, it''s just uncommon.

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 7:19:18 AM
Author: 4ever

To me a good looking guy is good looking, with or without red hair. I have met a couple of red headed guys in my life who I thought were verry attractive, and the hair colour was part of the charm. I think some people are really mean to ginger guys, I know gnger women get a bit of sh!# about it but ginger guys have it bad and it''s not nessesary, there''s nothing wrong or unnatractive about it, it''s just uncommon.
Hi 4ever, I don''t mean to say that red haired guys can''t be attractive, if just would feel too much like they were my ''brother''. Sorry if I didn''t make it clear. I understand how difficult it can be to be ginger full stop and I have a brother with the same hair colour as me. He is lovely

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
Statistics say that red-headed gentlemen enjoy the least amount of sex (that''s with partners - who knows what goes on when they''re alone and left to their own devices
9.gif
)

No one out there wants to boink a ginger?

Come on, ladies...give these blokes a chance.

"Once you''ve went red, you''ll never want another in your bed"
9.gif

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/24/2009 2:09:13 PM

Date: 9/24/2009 7:19:18 AM
Author: 4ever

Hi 4ever, I don''t mean to say that red haired guys can''t be attractive, if just would feel too much like they were my ''brother''. Sorry if I didn''t make it clear. I understand how difficult it can be to be ginger full stop and I have a brother with the same hair colour as me. He is lovely
Sorry Samantha Red, it wasn''t a digg at you I was just responding to "could you ever be attracted to a ginger man?" in your post. I wasn''t meaning to say your mean to ginger guys, I was just saying I feel a bit bad for some of them when they grow up hearing that for alot of women the answer to that question would be no.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results