clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1426207403|3846360 said:
HI:

Thanks Arcadian for spraying life into this thread! :bigsmile:

Was out and about today. Got samples of "Rose": Rosabotanica (Balenciaga), Rosa Nobile (Acqua di Parma), and Goutte de Rose (eau de Cartier).

The Tiffany guy said I smelled good after spraying the Acqua ;)) ....otherwise I'll letcha know!

cheers--Sharon

You're welcome =) I had a bottle of Florabotanica. Developed a rash from it and gave it to my sister. I really liked it though, extremly good sillage/longevity. I haven't smelled Rosabotanica but I love the bottle. After the rash incident I figured I shouldn't tempt fate...lol I tried Rosa Nobile and its nice, but not really me and its that way with their entire nobile line. I think it has to do with whatever their base is. Its the same with Guerlain. I only have 2 from the house because the guerlainaide really works against me.

I just recently when through a long testing list of natural perfumes, which lead to the purchase of moon bloom... Not that I needed it or anything... :saint:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Aramis Calligraphy Rose. Though sunny, its still a cold day and I needed that pick me up. For a while this was a sleeper on the fragrance boards, then all of a sudden everybody had to have it :lol:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden today.

simple, yet I love it

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1426217657|3846447 said:
canuk-gal|1426207403|3846360 said:
HI:

Thanks Arcadian for spraying life into this thread! :bigsmile:

Was out and about today. Got samples of "Rose": Rosabotanica (Balenciaga), Rosa Nobile (Acqua di Parma), and Goutte de Rose (eau de Cartier).

The Tiffany guy said I smelled good after spraying the Acqua ;)) ....otherwise I'll letcha know!

cheers--Sharon

You're welcome =) I had a bottle of Florabotanica. Developed a rash from it and gave it to my sister. I really liked it though, extremly good sillage/longevity. I haven't smelled Rosabotanica but I love the bottle. After the rash incident I figured I shouldn't tempt fate...lol I tried Rosa Nobile and its nice, but not really me and its that way with their entire nobile line. I think it has to do with whatever their base is. Its the same with Guerlain. I only have 2 from the house because the guerlainaide really works against me.

I just recently when through a long testing list of natural perfumes, which lead to the purchase of moon bloom... Not that I needed it or anything... :saint:

Can't find anything of this brand (Hiram Green) locally--but will keep it on my wish list. Thanks! (oh and good plan on staying away from rash inducing scents! :bigsmile: )

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Pierre Balmain - Jolie Madam (vintage extrait). Tomorrow we're supposed to get snow. Thats going to suck. I may have to pull out the vintage coco...lol. Honestly I wish I could plan that far ahead but I always without fail change my mind.

@canuk-gal, hiram green is usually found in specialty perfume shops, so unfortunately not a very wide distribution network. Luckyscent usually has it (they're out)

indiescent carries a ton of really hard to find scents, depending on the euro exchange rate, I sometimes will also order from First in Fragrance (german website) they do have it and they're samples are much bigger than Luckyscent!

I do wish I could get more perfumes locally myself, but ofttimes its not the case.

BTW Amouage Sunshine is now at Luckyscent. That one is next on the sample list for sure. Journey Woman bombed on me pretty bad though it certainly did smell good in the bottle!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Arcadian|1426372016|3847271 said:
Today I'm wearing Pierre Balmain - Jolie Madam (vintage extrait). Tomorrow we're supposed to get snow. Thats going to suck. I may have to pull out the vintage coco...lol. Honestly I wish I could plan that far ahead but I always without fail change my mind.

@canuk-gal, hiram green is usually found in specialty perfume shops, so unfortunately not a very wide distribution network. Luckyscent usually has it (they're out)

indiescent carries a ton of really hard to find scents, depending on the euro exchange rate, I sometimes will also order from First in Fragrance (german website) they do have it and they're samples are much bigger than Luckyscent!

I do wish I could get more perfumes locally myself, but ofttimes its not the case.

BTW Amouage Sunshine is now at Luckyscent. That one is next on the sample list for sure. Journey Woman bombed on me pretty bad though it certainly did smell good in the bottle!

I am sorry Journey Woman didn't fit well with you.

I have been wearing that one the past few weeks! I love it in the bottle and on!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1426397718|3847429 said:
Arcadian|1426372016|3847271 said:

I am sorry Journey Woman didn't fit well with you.

I have been wearing that one the past few weeks! I love it in the bottle and on!

I absolutely love osmanthus, so was very disappointed that I got such an odd plastic note from nowhere that wouldn't go away. Considering the longevity of the brand, it lasted 4-EVER! But skin chemistry is such an odd thing sometimes, and what works for one dosen't always work for another. And agreed, its a gorgeous bottle, which I'd love to have on the shelf...not like i have shelf space, :shhh: :shifty: but still... I'm sure I could somehow fit another in there somehow...

My scent today is Comme des Garcon - Daphne.

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
Vintage Magie Noire. It's a bit much for working from home in my sweats, but I don't care :rolleyes:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TechieTechie|1426515630|3847998 said:
Vintage Magie Noire. It's a bit much for working from home in my sweats, but I don't care :rolleyes:

lol I'll join you in that (I do it every day!) if I only waited for special occasions, I'd hardly wear anything, and I got a lot to go through.

I envy you that you have Magie Noir. its so ridiculously expensive on ebay right now :(

This week is Amouage week. I'm starting off with Beloved woman.

perfumes1.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fume of the day is Amouage Memoir. Usually not a daytime fume but I can't save everything. :dance:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TechieTechie|1426515630|3847998 said:

Glad you can rock this. :appl: Couldn't wear it then...or now!

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fragrance of the day Amouage Fate Woman. Its truly one of my favorites of the line, but can be a bit biting because of the red pepper. Still, on cooler days its got more of a soft powdery feel on drydown, which I really enjoy. (longevity ain't shabby either ;)) ) On warmer days I get the more floral aspects.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today's fragrance is Amouage - Honour woman. Its one of my favorites of the line, and the one that I get the most compliments on. Its been a rough week, and along with the gardenia and tuberose (which stay light and flowy), I love the rhubarb too(its quite fresh, slightly tangy). Not typical of Amouage but the spice profile they tend to use here is light..thankfully so. This isn't Fracas by any means, thankfully (and I like fracas but sometimes its ball gown billowy)

Amouage perfumes tend to last forever on me (seriously until I take a shower) so its one of the things I love about the house.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
today was Journey Woman! I noticed something different (as I have just started wearing this scent)

it starts off really sweet but later in the day it turned kinda spicy. I haven't had that before with this scent, but it was really nice.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OVincze|1423429324|3829446 said:
In my experience Le Labo perfumes unfortunately turn much faster than most. I am not sure why that is the case,perhaps mixing it right there in front of the customer and not in a lab. Not sure but I have many vintage fumes that are many decades old and they are more beautiful than ever.

I wish I had read this a month or two ago. I just threw away several unopened gift boxes of Shalimar; Krazy Krizia; Red by Giorgio of Beverly Hills (which my mother used to wear);and other sealed and unused bottles of cologne and perfume because I assumed that they must have "gone bad" by now! Luckily you stopped me from tossing my bottle of "Pleasures" by Estée Lauder which is open and which I have been using on and off for two or three years because I was starting to fear it had gotten too old!

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1428026297|3856173 said:
OVincze|1423429324|3829446 said:
In my experience Le Labo perfumes unfortunately turn much faster than most. I am not sure why that is the case,perhaps mixing it right there in front of the customer and not in a lab. Not sure but I have many vintage fumes that are many decades old and they are more beautiful than ever.

I wish I had read this a month or two ago. I just threw away several unopened gift boxes of Shalimar; Krazy Krizia; Red by Giorgio of Beverly Hills (which my mother used to wear);and other sealed and unused bottles of cologne and perfume because I assumed that they must have "gone bad" by now! Luckily you stopped me from tossing my bottle of "Pleasures" by Estée Lauder which is open and which I have been using on and off for two or three years because I was starting to fear it had gotten too old!

Deb/AGBF

WHOA! :errrr: That totally just broke my heart ;( The oldest scent I have dates back to the early 1960's. Its still good, no degradation of the top notes yet. But some of them go no matter what. Shalimar damn near lasts forever. Original Red is very hard to come by. My mom used to also wear it, so I have fond memories of it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Bought the Aqua di Parma Rosa Nobile and have been wearing it. Love it, but it doesn't last. Anyway, the shop gave me a lovely large sample which I will send to my sister, and have the body lotion also.

cheers--Sharon

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I wasn't sure what I wanted to wear today so I just reached into my fragrance area and picked one, so today is Dot by Marc Jacobs!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1423414732|3829343 said:
ckrickett|1423411980|3829325 said:
Le Labo Vanille 44 today, I love this vanilla because it does;t make me smell like a cupcake!

Love Vanille 44. Gorgeous perfume.

I got a sample of Farmacia Ss.Annunziata Vaniglia Dei Madagascar when I bought a bottle of scent from Lucky Scents. It smells lovely in its litle vial, but when I put it on I put on too little to smell it. I am used to doing a spray and walk through and with a little plastic wick I didn't want to overdo applying it. I have no idea what it smells like on me.

So I went to another site and ordered two 3 ML spray bottle smaples of other vanilla eaux de parfum. I got one Le Labo Vanille 44 and one Mona de Orio Les Nombres d'Or Vanille. Does anyone know that scent?

I am hoping I will have enough spray to do a spray and walk through with each!

Deb/AGBF

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1428792439|3860567 said:
missy|1423414732|3829343 said:
ckrickett|1423411980|3829325 said:
Le Labo Vanille 44 today, I love this vanilla because it does;t make me smell like a cupcake!

Love Vanille 44. Gorgeous perfume.

I got a sample of Farmacia Ss.Annunziata Vaniglia Dei Madagascar when I bought a bottle of scent from Lucky Scents. It smells lovely in its litle vial, but when I put it on I put on too little to smell it. I am used to doing a spray and walk through and with a little plastic wick I didn't want to overdo applying it. I have no idea what it smells like on me.

So I went to another site and ordered two 3 ML spray bottle smaples of other vanilla eaux de parfum. I got one Le Labo Vanille 44 and one Mona de Orio Les Nombres d'Or Vanille. Does anyone know that scent?

I am hoping I will have enough spray to do a spray and walk through with each!

Deb/AGBF

I am not familiar with Mona de Orio Les Nombres d'Or Vanille but I am always looking for a lovely vanilla scent so let me know how you like it!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1428862157|3860892 said:
I am not familiar with Mona de Orio Les Nombres d'Or Vanille but I am always looking for a lovely vanilla scent so let me know how you like it!

I will let you know what I think, although my opinion will not be informed by a knowledge of what I am smelling!

I also want to mention that I have recently bought and been using a couple of large bottles of Philosykos eau de toilette by Diptyque, a fig fragrance I learned of in this thread and on which I am now running low. I just decided to buy a 100ML bottle of L'Artisan Premier Figuier, of which I had gotten a sample vial from Lucky Scents, rather than to get another bottle.

Both scents were created by the same person, Olivia Giacobetti, but the first one is described as lighter and the second as creamier, more "coconutty" and more floral.

I will let you know my opinion of L'Artisan Premier Figuier, too, but have any of you used it?

You may find this an interesting read if you are interested in fig scents...http://olfactoriastravels.com/2011/04/27/three-figs-review-lartisan-premier-figuier-diptyque-philosykos-and-parfumerie-generale-n%C2%B016-jardin-de-kerylos/

Deb/AGBF

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MdO vanille. its gorgeous. you have to like vanilla but its not foody. I tried it when it first came out, I didn't really like it much at the time, but, it stuck in my brain. It took me another 3 years to try it again, it was a total buy at that time. ashamed to say I'm scoping another bottle. (not that I NEED it)

L'artisans to me can be so pretty but extremely brief. I think thats the reason why I only have one.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I got a little "mix your own" perfume kit as a gift, and it was really fun. I ended up making a blend of Jasmine, Vanilla, Amber, Sandalwood with hints of Honey, Patchouli, brown sugar, and rose

That is what I am wearing today. It is really nice... a very warm scent.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am such a creature of habit and have been rotating all my favorites over the past year and have nothing new to add here. I have been wearing an oldie but a goodie these past few weeks almost exclusively and seriously everyday getting compliments. Vaniglia del Madagascar by Farmacia SS. Annunziata dal 1561. People cannot get close enough to me these days to take a whiff LOL. It really is a delicious perfume.

http://www.luckyscent.com/product/44013/vaniglia-del-madagascar-by-farmacia-ss-annunziata-dal-1561

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1430509635|3870777 said:
I got a little "mix your own" perfume kit as a gift, and it was really fun. I ended up making a blend of Jasmine, Vanilla, Amber, Sandalwood with hints of Honey, Patchouli, brown sugar, and rose

That is what I am wearing today. It is really nice... a very warm scent.

That sounds delicious Ckrickett. All my favorite scents are in that combo. Especially vanilla and sandalwood.

Henri Bendel does this and I had my own signature scent custom blend created there that I love. I also bought another perfume there that I wish I could remember the name of it but it's at the beach house and I am not there today. I will try remembering to check it and post the name here. Very lovely perfume.

ETA: Just did a search through my emails and it is Memoire Liquide.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1428884654|3861013 said:
MdO vanille. its gorgeous. you have to like vanilla but its not foody. I tried it when it first came out, I didn't really like it much at the time, but, it stuck in my brain. It took me another 3 years to try it again, it was a total buy at that time. ashamed to say I'm scoping another bottle. (not that I NEED it)

L'artisans to me can be so pretty but extremely brief. I think thats the reason why I only have one.

I like it very much. When I first spray the Le Labo Vanille 44 it smells like Orthodox Church incense for a split second (which I do not like). The Mona di Orio Les Nombres d"Or Vanille does not start unpleasantly. And although I find it very expensive it is not quite as expensive as the Le Labo Vanille 44!

I still have the Madagascar vanilla sample I once got from Lucky Scents. After missy's ringing endorsement of it, I may go back and see how it smells to me again. Perhaps I like a cupcake smell!

Deb/AGBF

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, you might be disappointed Deb if you hope to smell like a cupcake because Vaniglia del Madagascar does not come close...it is a delicious perfume nonetheless. :halo: Hope you enjoy it. :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1430570185|3871088 said:
Haha, you might be disappointed Deb if you hope to smell like a cupcake because Vaniglia del Madagascar does not come close...it is a delicious perfume nonetheless. :halo: Hope you enjoy it. :wavey:

I had forgotten that that was the exact Madagascar vanilla I had in the house, missy! I just don't have enough to spray!

Deb :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1430570502|3871092 said:
missy|1430570185|3871088 said:

I had forgotten that that was the exact Madagascar vanilla I had in the house, missy! I just don't have enough to spray!

Deb :wavey:

That's OK. Just dab a drop on your wrist pulse points and see how it evolves throughout the day. That should be sufficient to decide if you like how it smells on you.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
There are so many vanilla scents floating around this thread! I am getting lost in it and I LOVE vanilla and would love an additional vanilla scent besides Le Labo Vanille 44

could you guys list 1 or two of your favorites? I might see if I could get a few samples, or see if NM may have some at their counter

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results