shape
carat
color
clarity

fess up - how much have you spent on Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
~$600 for our flights. That''s it. Our family has a no-gift policy. Whether everyone sticks to it, well, that''s another thing...
3.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tree and decorations: £45
His family: £170
My family: roughly £170
Cards and stamps: £30
Hubby''s gifts: £150

About £565 total - that''s not too bad!! That''s gifts for 14 people total. Plus whatever DH spent on me.

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
I spent about 1k DH's work related and about the same for twins and DH only. We stopped gifting about 6 years ago, grandpa thought it was unnecessary and ridiculous spending, the man was right, his family is HUGE, trying to find a present for each member was crazy. All of his children host a holiday the host gets a present and that's that. The children get a good present on their birthday, simple.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
not much and this is the first year i can ever really say that. we aren''t doing big gifts this year (our gifts for each other totalled under $100 each) and we did not buy for anyone in our families for the first time ever. well i snuck in a $25 gift card for books for my sister and i will give my mom something like a massage, but that is proactive for all the baby sitting she will be doing in a few months HAHAA. i got portia a few treats. we''re sending the in laws the DVD of the 3d ultrasound, and i will have baby pictures printed and framed later. i made tamales for our close friends locally. and we are hosting the family xmas eve dinner here which costs a little bit for food, drink etc but people are also bringing things. i would venture to say under $500 total. and most years its prob more like $2k.

purging a huge household of stuff to fit into a smaller place earlier this year, AND having a baby come in jan really puts extra material ''stuff'' in perspective..!! i don''t want to store or buy anything that is not absolutely NECESSARY anymore. wait, who am i ???
5.gif

oh i do plan to hit the online after xmas sales and get greg a few pairs of pants and sweaters at jcrew or banana for work. but this year the sales were not as good beforehand and i know afterwards will be WAY better. he could care less if it comes under the tree or not.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I ended up spending more yesterday. Got my husband a blue ray player.
1.gif
It was on sale and I didn''t check the reviews until I got home so now after Christmas we''re going to exchange it for one I found on Amazon.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Zero.The money saved for small gifts,cards and baked goods are going to medical bills. A doctor who has been accepting payments has now given me 60 days to pay the remaining balance on the account.Friends and family have been very understanding and supportive during the holiday this year.

Itgirl76

Shiny_Rock
$370.00 I only bought for very close friends and most were gift cards, I hate holiday shopping and avoid it at all times

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Christmas this year was crazy at my house!! I spent $150 on my mom, $150 on my dad, $100 on my brother, and around $200 for my sister (I had a ring custom made for her!). So that would be grand total of $600.00 from a 19 year old college student
23.gif
11.gif
. My family is insane when it comes to giving presents, I really wish they'd spend less money, my parents are the worst! My mother spends around $4,000 ever Christmas on gifts and my dad always gives us cash
38.gif
, I hope next year we set a much lower limit! Expensive presents make me very uncomfortable, but I shouldn't complain, I'm very fortunate!!!
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Add another $50 onto my bill as we''re trading in the Blue Ray. Guess now I''ve spent around $350ish. Maybe more. All the little things add up. . .stocking stuffers. Have no idea how much all those cost.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results