shape
carat
color
clarity

favorite chocolate

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i''m not a fan of godiva chocolates....they don''t impress me.......i do think i need some chocolate covered strawberries from my favorite pastry shop.
11.gif
i just ate most of a mini box of russell stovers...i dont love that chocolate, but the coconut covered one is delish!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well dammit all to hell!

My husband LOVES truffles so I''m always on the lookout for something he hasn''t had before. There are all the usual suspects (Ethel M, Vosges, Leonidas, Neuhaus) but I wanted to get him something different so I just braved a blizzard to go to Godiva because I never get him those and now I''m reading they''re not good.

Maybe I can call and tell them they''re deformed without even opening the box and ask if they''ll send me some See''s (although I''ve never had See''s it looks like they''re the winner here) as a substitute.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Mara: About Vosges, yeah! It's so true! They sounds so weird and gross and then... bliss. Sometimes Vosges has tastings and they're like "Hey! try our balsamic vinegar and romano cheese truffle!" ANd I'm all
14.gif
14.gif
32.gif
but then you put it in your mouth and it's like.... WOW! Can it actually be THIS GOOD!??!

Or there's a 'Fire Bar' that has chili and cinamon in it. YUM!

The Naga bar, for which I still say I'd trade my first born, has curry and coconut in it.

Or a blood orange toffee. so good!

Or once I tried some dark chocolate covered corn chips dipped in somethingorother which I expected to find repulsive, only to find that... bliss indeed followed.

30.gif
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 2:42:18 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
Well dammit all to hell!

My husband LOVES truffles so I''m always on the lookout for something he hasn''t had before. There are all the usual suspects (Ethel M, Vosges, Leonidas, Neuhaus) but I wanted to get him something different so I just braved a blizzard to go to Godiva because I never get him those and now I''m reading they''re not good.

Maybe I can call and tell them they''re deformed without even opening the box and ask if they''ll send me some See''s (although I''ve never had See''s it looks like they''re the winner here) as a substitute.
You goof.
9.gif

Give him the Godivas, he may love them. Obviously SOME people do.
2.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never heard of See''s. I''ll have to try to locate some. This thread reminds of the time (last winter?) when my boyfriend and I went to a hotel in Boston that had a chocolate buffet. This is what I imagine the real Heaven to be like. You could get virtually anything you want - chocolate crepes, chocolate dipped fruit, cookies, mousse, and the list goes on.... I will admit though that halfway through our chocolate feast, we noticed how all of it sort of tasted the same. Definitely worth checking out though!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/14/2007 1:27:13 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 2/14/2007 11:36:48 AM
Author: Miranda
I love so many different kinds of chocolate.

1. See''s Milk Chocolate Buttercreams

2. Godiva truffles

3. Schmid''s is a candy store close to me and they make the MOST wonderful choc. dipped strawberries and English Toffee....My sweetie got me some of the toffee for V-Day. I had already eaten a large chunk by 7 am this morning. Chocolate...The Breakfast of Champions!
my husband bought me a box of godiva truffles last year on v-day and one of them was deformed when I opened the box and I called to let them know and they sent me another box LOL
One deformed chocolate?
6.gif
Yikes! Girl, you are fierce!!!
3.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I prefer See''s to Godiva. Godiva''s packaging is fantastic compared to See''s but taste, I like See''s.

But I think Teuscher is better than both of the above!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
At Crate and Barrel sometime before Christmas they were selling some chocolates that had shaved sea salt on top...supposedly very ''gourmand'' or whatever...but it was GROSS!! Why would you ruin something as wonderful as chocolate by adding sea salt?!?!

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 3:28:16 PM
Author: Beacon
I prefer See''s to Godiva. Godiva''s packaging is fantastic compared to See''s but taste, I like See''s.

But I think Teuscher is better than both of the above!
Tuescher''s champagne truffles, mmmmm.

ellchris

Rough_Rock
I don''t post much but you guys touched upon one of my favorite subjects,
CHOCOLATE so I have to add Tuescher!!!
For those of you in nyc, they have two locations- one one 5th between
49th and 50th and the other''s on Madison. (I think)
Pretty sure they''re in other parts of the country as well.
Either way you MUST MUST MUST MUST try their Champagne Truffles.
I swear I''ve never had better chocolate.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 3:39:46 PM
Author: FireGoddess
At Crate and Barrel sometime before Christmas they were selling some chocolates that had shaved sea salt on top...supposedly very ''gourmand'' or whatever...but it was GROSS!! Why would you ruin something as wonderful as chocolate by adding sea salt?!?!

FG - They were chocolate covered caramels with gray sea salt. It''s the "newest thing"... the perfect blend of salt and sweet. I bought some after Christmas and the first bite was a little bizarre, but I totally loved them after the 1st bite! Of course, I adore sea salt since it doesn''t taste like regular salt, and I love caramel and chocolate... and it was surprisingly wonderful. Think chocolate covered pretzels, but better.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 1:32:18 PM
Author: TravelingGal

2. Godiva truffles

3. Schmid''s is a candy store close to me and they make the MOST wonderful choc. dipped strawberries and English Toffee....My sweetie got me some of the toffee for V-Day. I had already eaten a large chunk by 7 am this morning. Chocolate...The Breakfast of Champions!
my husband bought me a box of godiva truffles last year on v-day and one of them was deformed when I opened the box and I called to let them know and they sent me another box LOL
LOL, you''re kidding right? I mean this in the most lighthearted way - knowing that you called to complain about CHOCOLATE, I''d be pretty darn nervous to take on your ring project!
2.gif
Good thing I am not a jeweler!
I didn''t call to complain - it honestly made no difference to me. Did I say I was unhappy with the box? No. The box was fine and I didn''t care. HOWEVER I do tend to be someone who is helpful to a fault (ask me why I wasted an hour on hold with blockbuster.com because they''d sent me a 4th copy of vanity fair that was in shards... they were giving me free coupons but nooooo I wanted them to be well aware there was an issue in their handling dept because 4 is not a coincidence). Anyway... I called to give them the info for quality control. You spend $36 on box of chocolates there shouldn''t be bad ones. I specifically said I didn''t want anything in return and they insisted on it so what the hell.

I actually kinda resent the assumption. I don''t think you know me very well.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 1:35:53 PM
Author: Mara

Date: 2/14/2007 1:32:18 PM
Author: TravelingGal

2. Godiva truffles

LOL, you''re kidding right? I mean this in the most lighthearted way - knowing that you called to complain about CHOCOLATE, I''d be pretty darn nervous to take on your ring project!
2.gif
Good thing I am not a jeweler!
LOL I was totally thinking the same thing!!! I would have just eaten the deformed truffle first!
Yes, well it is very easy to make incorrect assumptions around here, isn''t it? Hmph.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 4:03:45 PM
Author: sumbride

FG - They were chocolate covered caramels with gray sea salt. It''s the ''newest thing''... the perfect blend of salt and sweet. I bought some after Christmas and the first bite was a little bizarre, but I totally loved them after the 1st bite! Of course, I adore sea salt since it doesn''t taste like regular salt, and I love caramel and chocolate... and it was surprisingly wonderful. Think chocolate covered pretzels, but better.

Sounds a little odd but if it''s really like eating chocolate covered pretzels, I''d give ''em a try. The combination of salty and sweet can be quite tasty.
19.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 1:38:07 PM

6.gif
At this point I don''t know what that means but to be totally frank I didn''t like the godiva chocolates and really had no interest in a second box and gave most of them away. Godiva is way too thick and waxy to be considered gourmet in my opinion and their truffles are worse IMO than the regular chocolates.

GEEEEZ people!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, barf! Chocolate chefs will do anything these days to make themselves stand out!
3.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 1:53:12 PM
Author: Ellen

I hope Ocean doesn''t read this.
WTF is wrong with you people? I must say this thorougly disgusts me - really. Thanks - thanks a lot. Forget it. This BS isn''t worth my time. Ciao.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/14/2007 4:09:33 PM

6.gif
At this point I don''t know what that means but to be totally frank I didn''t like the godiva chocolates and really had no interest in a second box and gave most of them away. Godiva is way too thick and waxy to be considered gourmet in my opinion and their truffles are worse IMO than the regular chocolates.

GEEEEZ people!
Gotcha, Cehra.
2.gif
It was just too easy to read into your brief initial post and take it at face value. Your follow-up post helped to shed more light. I don''t think anyone was trying to make you feel bad. Sorry if you were offended. You are a resident helpful PSer and we all love you! Chin up sweetie!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It just means that regardless of whether you got a second box or wanted a second box, I was surprised by the decision to call them about it. It's misshapen, not inedible. Just an observation [based on what was written]. I think most of the comments made about it were tongue in cheek, and you're taking them way, way too seriously.
1.gif
After all, it's just chocolate.
18.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 4:13:41 PM
Author: KristyDarling

Date: 2/14/2007 4:09:33 PM

6.gif
At this point I don't know what that means but to be totally frank I didn't like the godiva chocolates and really had no interest in a second box and gave most of them away. Godiva is way too thick and waxy to be considered gourmet in my opinion and their truffles are worse IMO than the regular chocolates.

GEEEEZ people!
Gotcha, Cehra.
2.gif
It was just too easy to read into your brief initial post and take it at face value. Your follow-up post helped to shed more light. I don't think anyone was trying to make you feel bad. Sorry if you were offended. You are a resident helpful PSer and we all love you! Chin up sweetie!
Well thanks for the clarification. All I read was 1) box had deformed truffle. 2) You called them and 3) they sent you a box. Perhaps they sent you a box because you were being so helpful with quality control but I really think it's understandable why it was so easy to read into this.

And of course I don't know you well, I've never met you. I can only go on the many posts you make here and make an opinion - which of course is not fact. Right now, I gather you may need to chill out and have a box of chocolates (your choice.)
2.gif

ETA - I also wanted to add my apologies if I did offend you with my misjudgment of the deformed chocolate encounter.

kev_800

Shiny_Rock
I was at a chocolate and beer tasting at the Hopleaf in Andersonville (you fellow Chicago residents will know what I''m talking about) and although the beer was great and the chocolate was great I didn''t think they meshed all that well.

The co-founder of Scharfenberger chocolates from San Fransisco was there....

I finally learned what the % of cocao actually means, too!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock

FG - They were chocolate covered caramels with gray sea salt. It''s the ''newest thing''... the perfect blend of salt and sweet. I bought some after Christmas and the first bite was a little bizarre, but I totally loved them after the 1st bite! Of course, I adore sea salt since it doesn''t taste like regular salt, and I love caramel and chocolate... and it was surprisingly wonderful. Think chocolate covered pretzels, but better.
Yes Sum! Heard about them in quite a few different mags so when they were giving samples out I thought YES, I''ll take one!!! And then I had to spit it into a tissue and find a garbage can.
14.gif
I love salty sweet combos, but it was too salty for me. I think it''s a taste I won''t be acquiring. I actually like chocolate covered pretzels. Maybe that means my palette isn''t refined. heehee.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
This just reminded me, I love chocolate covered potato chips by Assher Candies. Salty and sweet at the same time. Yummm
18.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 4:20:10 PM

Yes Sum! Heard about them in quite a few different mags so when they were giving samples out I thought YES, I''ll take one!!! And then I had to spit it into a tissue and find a garbage can.
14.gif
I love salty sweet combos, but it was too salty for me. I think it''s a taste I won''t be acquiring. I actually like chocolate covered pretzels. Maybe that means my palette isn''t refined. heehee.

ha, oh well... more for me!
31.gif
Though seriously it''s the only chocolate I''ve had where I''m totally satisifed with just one. Maybe because two would be too salty?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 4:11:19 PM

WTF is wrong with you people? I must say this thorougly disgusts me - really. Thanks - thanks a lot. Forget it. This BS isn''t worth my time. Ciao.
Aww cehra, I was kidding.

Have I ever said an unkind word to you? or anyone on here for that matter?

I''m sorry if it offended you, honest. But I really thought you''d know.

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
We love the Lindt brand. There are outlets around with great deals and a truffle with a glass of red wine- can you say heaven
18.gif
18.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh - Did you just write chocolate covered potato chips??? Interesting combo.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 4:28:30 PM
Author: zoebartlett
Kaleigh - Did you just write chocolate covered potato chips??? Interesting combo.
Yessy I did. They are soooo good!!!
1.gif
Hard to find, when I do see them I snatch them up!!!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
I love ANY chocolate. I really am not going to turn down anything really!!!

I love going to World Market and trying new brands of chocolate from all over. I''m with you though, SDL, I LOVE Dove chocolate - the best!

I did eat a handful of chocolate covered raisins earlier today.... that sometimes gives me the choco fix I need!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2007 4:28:30 PM
Author: zoebartlett
Yes, and where did you find these?
27.gif
I''ll try anything chocolate once!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results