shape
carat
color
clarity

Do You Have a "Type"?

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Sense of humor and brains. Most important things for me by far. Also, I have to be with someone liberally minded.

Physically I don't like hairy or super beefy. I don't mind shorter or taller, just taller than me which is pretty easy.

I suppose my physical type is like Matt Damon - just as far as body goes. I don't really care about hair or eyes.

I'm very lucky I think, bc my DH has ALL of these things. Great sense of humor, off the wall and weird, smart and liberal. And he's actually been told MANY times that he looks like Matt Damon, lol. Strangers would come up to him and say it. Not quite as much anymore as he's gotten a bit older, but I think the resemblance is still there. But truly the resemblance isn't even what I care about most, I just love that body type.

I think I definitely have a type, but not so much a physical type, as I don't care as much about that - I have much more of a "personality" type. Jon Stewart is a good example.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
distracts|1444946217|3938673 said:

I think all these "size doesn't matter"/"it's the motion of the ocean" people are just straight-up LYING LIARS WHO LIE. Sorry, boys, not only must you be this tall to ride, you've got to meet a length requirement as well. :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG I wanted to say that but couldn't think of how to phrase it.

YES, I agree. Sorry if that makes me shallow. I'm very forgiving of many appearance related issues but not this one, LOL. Once broke up with a guy who was fantastic in every other way but lacking in this one...

ETA - not just a length, but width requirement too ;-)

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
We should all post hot guys. :love:

Here is another man that gives me jelly knees
https://www.google.com/search?q=Johnny+Depp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAmoVChMItKqHxb7FyAIVCNYeCh3eDwWj&biw=1600&bih=900

JD rolls his eyes and I know it drives him nuts but damn dude. JD shares the same birthday--he does not appreciate my pointing that out. I changed our desktop picture once and the kids thought it was daddy...which *really* ticked him off b/c it was Johnny Depp. I think he should take that as a compliment but alas, he was not thrilled. He asked me one night if I wanted to watch some ****. I just stared at him like whaaaaa? "Well, I should say YOUR idea of ****" and put in Pirates of the Caribbean. I did date a guy many years ago who was about the spitting image of Depp but was a loser and that just doesn't fly, no matter how ungodly hot you are.

and holy Hannah this man...https://www.google.com/search?q=patrick+stewart&biw=1600&bih=900&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&pjf=1&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAmoVChMI-Y_L7L_FyAIVA5ceCh3N0gE9

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1444870390|3938365 said:
I've also always been attracted to large noses :lol:

You know what large noses mean ... don't you? :Up_to_something:

Lots of boogers. :lol:

You know what large feet mean ... don't you?

Large Socks.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I have a type. He must be the opposite of me in most every single way except for humor, loyalty, and kindness.

:bigsmile:

That is pretty much my husband.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
katharath|1444946971|3938677 said:
distracts|1444946217|3938673 said:

I think all these "size doesn't matter"/"it's the motion of the ocean" people are just straight-up LYING LIARS WHO LIE. Sorry, boys, not only must you be this tall to ride, you've got to meet a length requirement as well. :lol: :lol: :lol:

OMG I wanted to say that but couldn't think of how to phrase it.

YES, I agree. Sorry if that makes me shallow. I'm very forgiving of many appearance related issues but not this one, LOL. Once broke up with a guy who was fantastic in every other way but lacking in this one...

ETA - not just a length, but width requirement too ;-)

Boy I dunno..I dated a guy who was 12 years older, and not bestowed w/certain requirements/measurements..however, any concerns I had were um..gone gone gone after our first encounter.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To me, the size of the guy himself is way more important than the size of that thing.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Well, I posted earlier about me not having a physical "Type", as long as they were smart and witty, but I actually do have a preference for "leaner" builds with no pudgy-squishy parts. eg, I'd pick a basketball player over a football player, and prefer clean-shaven men, and as little body hair as possible. My dh pretty much fits the bill, but I would love it if he were 3-5" taller! At 5'8" he is only 1 inch taller than I am, making it super hard for me to feel feminine and cute in heels.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1444948193|3938691 said:
To me, the size of the guy himself is way more important than the size of that thing.

I was going to agree (very strongly) and make some educational comments for those who didn't know how how to get around the problem of making love with a man who is less endowed, but decided perhaps sex education is not my forte. My type is huge, refrigerator type guys. I like it that ame used the phrase. I remember the football player, "Refrigerator Perry". A lot of my friends used to ask me why I like the "fat"guy on some television show. I really didn't. It's just that sometimes the huge guy had a little fat, as kenny noted about men he admires. Maybe I am willing to accept more than a little fat. I just love big guys.

The boy who took my virginity (watch out...TMI) was 6' 4" and handsome, but very thin. I am thinking of that because I just passed the 48th anniversary of that day a few days ago!

But the man I was most in love with-my biggest crush-the biggest love of my life-was 6' 6" and weighed 250 pounds during our relationship. He also had a full beard. People would see him and say, "Now that's a big guy!" Once he got stuck in amusement park ride while we were at a fair. He kept bumping his head on doorways. I just adored him.

BTW, he was not the one who was not endowed. To put it mildly. But I have been with a man who was truly tiny...and he was very talented!

AGBF

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This thread is great, some women like their clean cut type and some like their rougher, rock star/bad boy type. I'd say I'm definitely the latter category :lol:

I suppose it wouldn't be offensive for me to list the physical qualities I find attractive in women, right? :saint:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jordyonbass|1444961034|3938740 said:
This thread is great, some women like their clean cut type and some like their rougher, rock star/bad boy type. I'd say I'm definitely the latter category :lol:

I suppose it wouldn't be offensive for me to list the physical qualities I find attractive in women, right? :saint:

Be careful.
PS is 92.021548% women and something I've learn on PS is ... women are not the same as men.

I've noticed you can bash men here with impunity, but often posting things not intended to bash women are interpreted as bashing women by the overly-sensitive-jonesing-to-be-offended members.

Just the facts, ma'am.

But go ahead, Jordy ... do it in the name of equality!!!!!!!
Besides, it will be fun to see another man get a lashing here.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Jordy- Don't let Kenny scare you, go ahead. But if you say you look for women "with the brains and body of a blow up doll", we might get a little :???:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1444952191|3938709 said:

I was going to agree (very strongly) and make some educational comments for those who didn't know how how to get around the problem of making love with a man who is less endowed, but decided perhaps sex education is not my forte. My type is huge, refrigerator type guys. I like it that ame used the phrase. I remember the football player, "Refrigerator Perry". A lot of my friends used to ask me why I like the "fat"guy on some television show. I really didn't. It's just that sometimes the huge guy had a little fat, as kenny noted about men he admires. Maybe I am willing to accept more than a little fat. I just love big guys.

The boy who took my virginity (watch out...TMI) was 6' 4" and handsome, but very thin. I am thinking of that because I just passed the 48th anniversary of that day a few days ago!

But the man I was most in love with-my biggest crush-the biggest love of my life-was 6' 6" and weighed 250 pounds during our relationship. He also had a full beard. People would see him and say, "Now that's a big guy!" Once he got stuck in amusement park ride while we were at a fair. He kept bumping his head on doorways. I just adored him.

BTW, he was not the one who was not endowed. To put it mildly. But I have been with a man who was truly tiny...and he was very talented!

AGBF

You remember the day? :shock: I'm kinda fuzzy on the year . . . :lol:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
The last two of DD's boyfriends have been refrigerators! Giant boys, one 6' 5", the next 6' 3", big, but not fat. I don't get it, she says :liar: her type is thin blonds and she still hasn't dated one of those, it's mostly been brunettes. These two giants just towered over her. :shock:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it's interesting to see what guys find attractive in women-we're here talking about guys, so there's no difference, far as I can tell. Hell, I have things I look at on other women, features I wish I had myself or that I would like to work toward looking like, if that makes sense. body ideals?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1444924248|3938582 said:
Interesting topic.

Type is one of those words with more than one connotation.
It can be who you'd select to befriend, date, get more serious with, or even who's suitable in every way to commit to and marry.
Alternately, it can be who you'd select for ... you know ... :Up_to_something: :oops: but nothing more, whether or not you sleep around (there's always fantasy).

Then there is the purely physical vs. every other aspect of the person.
Then there's who you would actually go for vs. who you'd only ... uhm ... 'think' about. :naughty:

Next there's the thing about having an SO, so you feel no longer free to look at another man, especially one different from the one you've committed to.

Lastly there's your gut attraction vs. what you can rationalize.
I think some people are out of touch with their gut desires.
They 'behave' and pick the partner they have been socialized to pick.
IOW, I should find X attractive, but secretly I really find Y attractive.

Sheesh Kenny, just answer the queston! :roll:

Okay first the physical ...
Put me with the gals who prefer a big refrigerator of a man, thick & wide with naturally big chest and arms.
Pumped up from the gym or from steroids is less preferred.
Generally the more hair the better, up to a point.
Thick dense facial hair that reaches the lips, further down the neck than usual and further up the cheeks than usual, bushy eyebrows.
Intact.
I'm not attracted to obesity, some are and to each his own, but a higher BMI does not put me off as it does so many in our culture.
The guy on the cover of GQ, very lean and hairless, does nothing for me.

The rest of the guy ...
Masculine, not feminine or androgynous.
I dont' care how he dresses ... actually all perfect and prissy is a turn off.
Outgoing extravert who lights up a room.
Honest and responsible.
Income and education level is of lower importance, but he must be very intelligent and have a good work ethic.
Respectful of diversity, even in his SO.
Atheist, or at least 'gets' that religions apply only to members.

I was going for general physical types, but everyone has been adding personalities, which is fine. I brought it up because I just NOW figured out that I had this "type". :shock: Never really noticed, all these years. Dumb, huh? So thought I'd mention it, in case this type of self-assessment helped anyone else, in some way.

Who are those pics of, Kenny? Is that your SO? :shock: Cause he's hunky, :love: :love: and it's a shame (for women) if he's playing for the other team. :lol:

BTW, the guy on White Collar is gay, but I'm still willing to watch him. ;-)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1444964318|3938752 said:
I think it's interesting to see what guys find attractive in women-we're here talking about guys, so there's no difference, far as I can tell. Hell, I have things I look at on other women, features I wish I had myself or that I would like to work toward looking like, if that makes sense. body ideals?

I do think in our culture women are way way way more objectified as sex objects than men are.

That's why I'm doing my part to objectify men here ... kinda affirmative action. :wavey:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
kenny|1444964714|3938757 said:
packrat|1444964318|3938752 said:

I do think in our culture women are way way way more objectified as sex objects than men are.

That's why I'm doing my part to objectify men here ... kinda affirmative action. :wavey:

When I wrote the OP, I thought "I hope Kenny gets in on this, that'll make it interesting." :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1444964623|3938755 said:
I was going for general physical types, but everyone has been adding personalities, which is fine. I brought it up because I just NOW figured out that I had this "type". :shock: Never really noticed, all these years. Dumb, huh? So thought I'd mention it, in case this type of self-assessment helped anyone else, in some way.

Who are those pics of, Kenny? Is that your SO? :shock: Cause he's hunky, :love: :love: and it's a shame (for women) if he's playing for the other team. :lol:

Yes, all four of those hunks are my SOs.
I have a harem that worships the ground I walk on, as it should be.
They fight over who gets to wash their master's dirty socks, drink my dirty bath water and support my insatiable diamond appetite.

NOT. ;( ;( ;(
I WISH!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1444964623|3938755 said:

Who's the 'guy on White Collar'? :confused:

I confess 'watching' :naughty: straight guys.

Who cares?
Fantasy is free and harmless. :bigsmile:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1444964062|3938749 said:

First of all it was a big deal to me. I think the physical effect that the first time has on a girl or woman should not be underestimated, nor should her fear about that. At least some girls have fear. I suspect that the ones who are prepared, have some fear. In my case my darling best friend had told me it "felt like a knife going into (her)" (Thanks, Judy!). As for remembering the date: I had resisted giving in to doing what my friends were doing, although I was very much part of the counter-culture in the 1960's and had already graduated from high school. I was the only virgin left among my friends. I remember the day because it was Columbus Day! Also: my best friend and roomate (Judy) baked me a Happy Un-Virgin cake that day. It was memorable. ;))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1444970438|3938779 said:
iLander|1444964062|3938749 said:

First of all it was a big deal to me. I think the physical effect that the first time has on a girl or woman should not be underestimated, nor should her fear about that. At least some girls have fear. I suspect that the ones who are prepared, have some fear. In my case my darling best friend had told me it "felt like a knife going into (her)" (Thanks, Judy!). As for remembering the date: I had resisted giving in to doing what my friends were doing, although I was very much part of the counter-culture in the 1960's and had already graduated from high school. I was the only virgin left among my friends. I remember the day because it was Columbus Day! Also: my best friend and roomate (Judy) baked me a Happy Un-Virgin cake that day. It was memorable. ;))

I'm confused by what you wrote.
First you write "the boy who took my virginity", but later you used the phrase, "giving in".

Word choice is very important here.
The former is rape, but the later is consensual.

I hope you are not suggesting a woman consenting to sex (first time or not) after encouragement from her girlfriends or from the man is the same as rape.

If you in fact did not give in and he just "took it" I am very sorry; I hope he was prosecuted to the full extent of the law and went to jail for this violent crime.

However, I doubt this is how it went, or you would not be referring to it with the term, 'anniversary'.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1444972767|3938784 said:
However, I doubt this is how it went, or you would not be referring to it with the term, 'anniversary'.

Yeah. Plus I attended his first wedding. He attended my only wedding. And he's an ordained minister now. If it had gone down the other way-the rape way you described- I don't think we'd all have felt so friendly, if you get my drift. I guess I just don't speak the same way you do. People vary, ya know? ;))

Deb

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Haha Kenny and iLander, I suppose I probably should be able to list them if we are all for equality! While this forum may have a very large percentage of women there is also a number of us men here as well. I'll be as respectful as I can here with how I describe what I find attractive in women:

1. First of all I am very attracted to the 'door next girl' type. I've never been that attracted to the girls who I'd see out in the city that look almost like porcelain dolls due to how much make up they had applied before going out. My wife only ever uses a bit of eyeliner and mascara and I love that.

2. This is going to be kind of hard to describe without possibly nudging someone's toes, but I prefer a 'thicker' girl as far as figure. That's not to say that I don't find thin girls attractive, I just prefer some major curves to be going on. Think pin-up girl or plus-size models.

3. I tend to prefer blondes as I come from mostly dark-haired people. Facial features is not something I concentrate on too much - as long as everything is where it should be and in fair proportion then I will see beauty in just about any woman I look at.

My wife is a combination of all of the above, has a fantastic sense of humour, shares my love of heavy music and enjoys coming out fishing. So marrying her in a pirate suit was an easy choice :lol:

When I was younger I used to absolutely love my punk/metal/goth/emo girls - also known as 'Suicide Girls'.
But that was until I dated one, I had no idea the kind of upkeep it took to look the way they do. Between hairdressing appointments, corsets, boots, makeup, tattoo and piercing sessions etc she was basically working and spending all her time to keep her appearance. I still think the girls who do all that look absolutely gorgeous, I just couldn't have possibly dated another one after the first.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jordyonbass|1445000172|3938844 said:
... I tend to prefer blondes as I come from mostly dark-haired people.

You mention a causal effect of opposites attracting.
I suspect there would be scientific support for this.
We all know inbreeding produces offspring with problems, while unrelated parents produce healthier babies.
Over time this gives an evolutionary advantage to people who partner with those who look very different.

I'm not saying straight people should consciously seek a partner who looks different from his/her family.
I just think, though there are plenty of exceptions, opposites attracting is very understandable.

Types and what each of us find attractive is not an equal-opportunity or PC thing.
We just like what we like.
Imagine if the law stated you were required to find every person on the planet equally attractive and entitled to your affections! :roll:

I'm fascinated bywhy we are attracted to our type, though I suspect it is ultimately not fully explainable.
I think it's both nature and nurture.
Society/family often pressures us to score a partner that's as close to that 'ideal' :roll: appearance.
Jordy, you and I have a preference for a partner who is larger, and that means we get fewer high fives than if we went for the :roll: so-called ideal.
I think everyone's type preference should be equally respected.

I can't speak for straight folks but gay men can be viscous, cruel and catty when they find out you like men who are hairier and of higher BMI.

While evolutionary support for opposites attracting can be argued for straight people (who can reproduce) I also see lots of examples of opposites attracting in gay folks.
... short with tall, dark with light, hairy with smooth, and younger with older, introvert with extrovert, heavier with thinner, even lower-income with higher-income.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:silenced:
jordyonbass|1444961034|3938740 said:

Jordy, Go ahead and list your type. As Kenny always says people vary. I doubt the woman here would be affended. I think most men have a type.

Some of the responses had me laughing out loud.

Deb, You would have loved one of my friend's old boyfriends. The love of her life would be described exactly as yours.

I usually dated the clean cut, dark haired, green or blue eyes, muscular guys. Thank godness I woke up and realized kindness, smart and funny were much more appealing.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Confident in a I don't have to prove myself kind of way. Must know who his is and what he believes, and must have the integrity, moral compass, courage and strength to stand for his beliefs and convictions even if unpopular or against the crowd. Must keep his word. Must be kind and respectful. Must be engaging but doesn't talk because he likes the sound of his own voice. Not salesy. Humble and determined. Must have a plan for himself, his future and must naturally want to be a provider. Must be positive and easy going, and willing to try new things and be open to different ideas. Needs to be a big picture guy. I can deal with the details. Needs to know how to pick his battles and not sweat over the small stuff. I am anal enough for two people. Needs to be active and take care of himself physically and be healthy and fit and strong. These qualities comprise a man who commands my respect, and this man is also my DH. And this is the man I want to raise my son to be.

Just cause I am thinking about it now, I am opposite in many ways and similar in some. I do sweat the small stuff and make myself crazy. I tend to be negative and need someone to balance me out and keep me from a downward spiral. I get caught up in detail and find it hard to get big projects done bc I get overwhelmed. I need my DH to put things in perspective for me. I am a person that sticks to my beliefs and am not easily swayed. I need my partner to have those same convictions too. I work but I need to know that my DH will do everything he can to support the family because he wants to and feels it is his responsibility. I never even want to have to have tat conversation with him. I can't stand people who are insensitive to women and make jokes about women. I am very serious and I take that sh!t seriously. I tend to be more sarcastic and see the irony in life. He needs to be easy going enough not to take me too seriously, let me have my neuroses and stresses and roll with it.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
uh...someone who still has their own teeth and doesn't use a walker?
hot hot hot

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1445063010|3939155 said:
Confident in a I don't have to prove myself kind of way. Must know who his is and what he believes, and must have the integrity, moral compass, courage and strength to stand for his beliefs and convictions even if unpopular or against the crowd. Must keep his word. Must be kind and respectful. Must be engaging but doesn't talk because he likes the sound of his own voice. Not salesy. Humble and determined. Must have a plan for himself, his future and must naturally want to be a provider. Must be positive and easy going, and willing to try new things and be open to different ideas. Needs to be a big picture guy. I can deal with the details. Needs to know how to pick his battles and not sweat over the small stuff. I am anal enough for two people. Needs to be active and take care of himself physically and be healthy and fit and strong. These qualities comprise a man who commands my respect, and this man is also my DH. And this is the man I want to raise my son to be.

Just cause I am thinking about it now, I am opposite in many ways and similar in some. I do sweat the small stuff and make myself crazy. I tend to be negative and need someone to balance me out and keep me from a downward spiral. I get caught up in detail and find it hard to get big projects done bc I get overwhelmed. I need my DH to put things in perspective for me. I am a person that sticks to my beliefs and am not easily swayed. I need my partner to have those same convictions too. I work but I need to know that my DH will do everything he can to support the family because he wants to and feels it is his responsibility. I never even want to have to have tat conversation with him. I can't stand people who are insensitive to women and make jokes about women. I am very serious and I take that sh!t seriously. I tend to be more sarcastic and see the irony in life. He needs to be easy going enough not to take me too seriously, let me have my neuroses and stresses and roll with it.

OK I could have written this LLJsmom. We are scarily similar. ::)

Jimmianne said:
uh...someone who still has their own teeth and doesn't use a walker?
hot hot hot

Hahaha, love you Jimmianne. :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results