shape
carat
color
clarity

Cancer, the Sandbox, and Me

Abby12

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on remission! Sorry for your losses....
Keep your spirits up, you are doing great!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain, I, too, think of you from time to time and have wondered how you are doing. I am glad you are well enough to be back at work, although I cannot say I am glad they have sent you back to Afghanistan. You have had a lot of heartache, and I think you must be one strong woman to pull through all of that. I am so sorry for your losses of loved ones. Take care, Andelain.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Elisateach|1384985892|3560066 said:
So, so glad to hear from you!
I don't want to sound creepy, but I have thought if you often and was so relieved to see you post.
I'm sorry the reconstruction was rough, I feel your pain, I'm still nipping and tucking 18 years after my TRAM flap!!
Hopefully you are done!
I'm very sorry for all the losses you have had to endure. You are one tough cookie, but, even sometimes the cookie crumbles. I'm glad to hear you are back to your old hi jinks! I can't wait to see what you got!!!
Keep she and healthy!
Elisa

Thank you all for the moral support, prayers and dust. Every bit helps. I quoted this post, because part of it describes the way I feel. Not so tough at all, and I sure did crumble. The loss of my sweetheart and my longest time friend in less tha a year was a real hard blow. Even still after the time that's passed, I still haven't let myself really cry it out. I cry most every day, sometimes several times a day, but I never really let myself bawl it out. I don't think I dare, I think I'm afraid I won't be able to stop when I need to.

I still have at least one more revision surgery in front of me, should be fairly minor.

As for what I got, I was feeling especially down one night and needed a bit of retail therapy. Of course I couldn't get my therapy on some inexpensive site...... :roll:

The stones I picked out are http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond_details/AGS-104050011055 and http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond_details/CAGS-104046079112.. Or rather, Jamie picked them for me. I had my eyes on a pair of D colored 24 pointers, but she told me how nice these 2 looked.

Oh, and I've pulled an Andelain since then..... :roll: :lol: :lol:

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
Andelain said:
I don't want to sound creepy, but I have thought if you often and was so relieved to see you post.
I'm sorry the reconstruction was rough, I feel your pain, I'm still nipping and tucking 18 years after my TRAM flap!!
Hopefully you are done!
I'm very sorry for all the losses you have had to endure. You are one tough cookie, but, even sometimes the cookie crumbles. I'm glad to hear you are back to your old hi jinks! I can't wait to see what you got!!!
Keep she and healthy!
Elisa

Thank you all for the moral support, prayers and dust. Every bit helps. I quoted this post, because part of it describes the way I feel. Not so tough at all, and I sure did crumble. The loss of my sweetheart and my longest time friend in less tha a year was a real hard blow. Even still after the time that's passed, I still haven't let myself really cry it out. I cry most every day, sometimes several times a day, but I never really let myself bawl it out. I don't think I dare, I think I'm afraid I won't be able to stop when I need to.

I still have at least one more revision surgery in front of me, should be fairly minor.

As for what I got, I was feeling especially down one night and needed a bit of retail therapy. Of course I couldn't get my therapy on some inexpensive site...... :roll:

The stones I picked out are http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond_details/AGS-104050011055 and http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond_details/CAGS-104046079112... Or rather, Jamie picked them for me. I had my eyes on a pair of D colored 24 pointers, but she told me how nice these 2 looked.

Nice!! Again????? Lol post em when you got em!!
Good luck with the LAST revision surgery, when do you think that will be?

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Andelain|1385923014|3565648 said:
Hopefully you are done!
Keep she and healthy!
Elisa

The stones I picked out are http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond_details/AGS-104050011055 and http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamonds/diamond_details/CAGS-104046079112... Or rather, Jamie picked them for me. I had my eyes on a pair of D colored 24 pointers, but she told me how nice these 2 looked.

Look, if the amount doesn't make you cringe, it's not proper retail therapy! :twisted:

Just out of interest, how long does the shipping take from the US to the sandbox, and does it cost a lot?

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
ElisaTeach, I'm not sure when. Probably after I'm done over here, whenever that is.

Smith1942|1386230429|3568006 said:
Look, if the amount doesn't make you cringe, it's not proper retail therapy! :twisted:

Just out of interest, how long does the shipping take from the US to the sandbox, and does it cost a lot?

I hear you there, I went to a Louis Vuitton store the week after I finishes chemo. I walked out $3000 poorer! :lol: :lol:

Shipping something here can take anywhere from a week to a month, and it costs the same as any other US zip code since it's a US base.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Just thought I'd pass on the results of my latest check-up. I'm now one year in remission. :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain|1391181388|3604975 said:
Just thought I'd pass on the results of my latest check-up. I'm now one year in remission. :appl:

Woohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

So happy for you!!!!! Keep it up!!!!! Sending continued healthy vibes your way Andelain!!!!!!! And ((((HUGS))))

crown1

Brilliant_Rock

WOW! Cause for celebration. I am very happy for you, my prayer is that you remain healthy and happy.

sweet_blossom

Shiny_Rock
Andelain said:

That is great news! Wishing you continued health and happiness!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
what wonderful news! :appl:
and thank you for taking the time to share it with us!
I hope you do something special just for you to celebrate!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is great news! Congratulations!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock

Congratulations!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't help it - I'm beaming!

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
YAYYYYY, Andelain! BEST news of the day. Now for some retail celebration!!! :appl:

--- Laurie

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's fantastic Andelain!!! :appl: So happy to hear it!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Excellent news Andelain!!! :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, Andelain! But don't think of it as remission - think of it as eradication! Its gone, Andelain!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Great news! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
You can't see me but I'm doing the Happy Dance here!!! :love: :love:
On a cancer board I was on back in the day, the girls used to refer to the news of good numbers, great scans as a dance with NED
( NED being an acronym for No Evidence of Disease!!) :appl:
So Happy Dancing with NED and may you and he be partners for LIFE!!!!!
Elisa

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOOOOHAAAAAA! Wonderful news! Sending karma for continued good health. Hugs.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Such wonderful news! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade

That is the best possible news ever! Now if that's not cause for celebration, I don't know what is!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Yay best news ever!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :wavey:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Truly happy to hear this, Andelain!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy for you, Andelain! :D

Lula

Ideal_Rock
What great news! I'm so happy for you, Ande. :appl: :appl: :appl: :wavey:

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
That is the best news!! Very happy to hear of your clean bill of health!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results